UVA 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
lacrosseculturedaily

Re: UVA 2024

Post by lacrosseculturedaily »

Check out this review of the Michigan game from Lacrosse Culture Daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZz_VRiwqkQ
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:44 pm
AreaLax wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:05 am Donville will be doing some articles and videos this season reviewing games and talking about certain aspects of the game. Today videos is about the UVA vs Michigan game

https://youtu.be/uZz_VRiwqkQ?si=U8SrHRfZtiUamRkj
I like it, but feels like they need another guy in there and some cut ups. You do that and I think it would be a must watch TV every Monday for me..

I dont think you see short sticks on Cormier, cant remember if that was last year or the year before, but people tried that and he scorched teams that did it.
Duke did it and he had a big game, but it worked in making our offense less fluid. Tiffany rather than try not to fall into the trap, rushed into it. Cormier had some turnovers and the ball didn't move nearly as much.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

It will be interesting to see how a very strong UR team game plans for Virginia's offense at their home stadium. UR won against a favored Virginia squad the last time they played there and always play them tough so expecting a battle. Lars also stated that he planned to meet with Millon this week to remind him, " the cat is now out of the bag regarding his skillset" and coordinators will be looking to take things away from him, so don't expect the same openings he got at Michigan.
Finster

Post by Finster »

blue angels wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm It will be interesting to see how a very strong UR team game plans for Virginia's offense at their home stadium. UR won against a favored Virginia squad the last time they played there and always play them tough so expecting a battle. Lars also stated that he planned to meet with Millon this week to remind him, " the cat is now out of the bag regarding his skillset" and coordinators will be looking to take things away from him, so don't expect the same openings he got at Michigan.

Just ftr, last year UVA beat Richmond 25-8, and it wasn’t nearly as close as the score sounds…
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Finster wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 pm
blue angels wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm It will be interesting to see how a very strong UR team game plans for Virginia's offense at their home stadium. UR won against a favored Virginia squad the last time they played there and always play them tough so expecting a battle. Lars also stated that he planned to meet with Millon this week to remind him, " the cat is now out of the bag regarding his skillset" and coordinators will be looking to take things away from him, so don't expect the same openings he got at Michigan.

Just ftr, last year UVA beat Richmond 25-8, and it wasn’t nearly as close as the score sounds…
Don't know much about them, but they lost by only a goal to Maryland a week or so ago & hearing it is one of the strongest teams UR has ever had. Think that score last year was an anomaly. Does Virginia have better personnel? Absolutely, but the team that lost to UR a few years ago also had a bunch of AA players but couldn't stop their offense. Injuries played a part, but UR took it to them.
Finster

Post by Finster »

blue angels wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:18 pm

Don't know much about them, but they lost by only a goal to Maryland a week or so ago & hearing it is one of the strongest teams UR has ever had. Think that score last year was an anomaly. Does Virginia have better personnel? Absolutely, but the team that lost to UR a few years ago also had a bunch of AA players but couldn't stop their offense. Injuries played a part, but UR took it to them.

I’ll be there. Obviously anything can happen in D1 lacrosse, from a big Friday night party to some kid angry another kid stared at his girlfriend to the long morning bus ride, but I’m expecting an 18-10 type UVA victory. Let’s see. I hope Richmond pulls the upset (I usually cheer for the underdogs).
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:21 am
blue angels wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:18 pm

I’ll be there. Obviously anything can happen in D1 lacrosse, from a big Friday night party to some kid angry another kid stared at his girlfriend to the long morning bus ride, but I’m expecting an 18-10 type UVA victory. Let’s see. I hope Richmond pulls the upset (I usually cheer for the underdogs).
There is some evidence that Richmond will puts up pts on UVA. The 11 goals vs Maryland will attest to that. I'll root for Richmond, but I expect something similar. 19-12, but FOGO or Goalie has a good day and it could get interesting.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Hoos better be careful here. 7-5 half. Spiders basically even everywhere. Shellenberger is the only difference so far.

You let teams hang around long enough, some they surprise. UVA still with better athletes (Virginia with some very fast middies), but Spiders proving a tough out for any team.

Probably the largest crowd I’ve ever seen at Robins. Both sides of the stadium open to fans. Chilly though.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Finster wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:13 pm Hoos better be careful here. 7-5 half. Spiders basically even everywhere. Shellenberger is the only difference so far.

You let teams hang around long enough, some they surprise. UVA still with better athletes (Virginia with some very fast middies), but Spiders proving a tough out for any team.

Probably the largest crowd I’ve ever seen at Robins. Both sides of the stadium open to fans. Chilly though.

Spiders just won’t go away. 9-8. Hoos FOGO seems like he’s dominating. 9-9.

Hoos not playing smart.
coda

Post by coda »

Cormier passes Doug Knight for all-time goals. Like Cormier, but mixed on this. That extra Covid year is going to change record books
random observer

Post by random observer »

coda wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:43 pm Cormier passes Doug Knight for all-time goals. Like Cormier, but mixed on this. That extra Covid year is going to change record books
Yeah there has been serious record inflation with the advent of the shot clock and the extra Covid year coming in quick succession. Knight's record stood for years despite a laundry list of great UVA attachments coming through. His points record actually would've fallen in 2020 if not for Covid, given that Kraus lost his senior season and didn't take a 5th year. But since then, it seems like every great UVA attack man that's come through with that extra year has had that record in sight.
Finster

Post by Finster »

random observer wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:49 pm
coda wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:43 pm Cormier passes Doug Knight for all-time goals. Like Cormier, but mixed on this. That extra Covid year is going to change record books
Yeah there has been serious record inflation with the advent of the shot clock and the extra Covid year coming in quick succession. Knight's record stood for years despite a laundry list of great UVA attachments coming through. His points record actually would've fallen in 2020 if not for Covid, given that Kraus lost his senior season and didn't take a 5th year. But since then, it seems like every great UVA attack man that's come through with that extra year has had that record in sight.

Cormier is one large guy. He ran right over one defender.

Now that I’ve seen Millon in D1 and not a high school all star gsme, I get it. He's absolutely taking over Shellenberger’s role when Shellenberger graduates. The two of them have very similar games and even physical build. Both smart players.

I’ve got to say, UVA’s middies are impressive. This team will wear down a lot of competition.

They played loosely today imo. If that Navy transfer FOGO has games like this, I’m not exactly sure where to attack this team. The ACC is loaded.
coda

Post by coda »

Crazy thing is him and Shelly are actually Dom commits or better said committed to Dom
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

coda wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:38 pm
Crazy thing is him and Shelly are actually Dom commits or better said committed to Dom
Shellenberger is not a Dom commit. He was committed to Hopkins and then switched after Virginia hired Tiffany
coda

Post by coda »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:58 pm
Shellenberger is not a Dom commit. He was committed to Hopkins and then switched after Virginia hired Tiffany
I could be off, but I was told that from a former player at UVa. He is quite partial to Dom, so maybe he is off
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Just watched the game. Is my math off because I had Boyden 2,3 rather than 2,2? Box score seems off.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:58 pm
This is correct. Dom even mentioned on the broadcast that Cormier was his last recruit left on the Virginia team. Lars flipped Shellenberger from Hopkins and now has a little history of flipping top ranked players late. They need more traditional middies, so won't be surprised if they flip another from future classes, even with the last Brown flip. UR is also very sound. They are going to win some games this year.
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

JumboFan4 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:43 pm Just watched the game. Is my math off because I had Boyden 2,3 rather than 2,2? Box score seems off.

Box score off in a number of ways.

Cormier had an assist.

Schutz had two.

I dont think mcintosh had one.

Not sure I saw boydon's third helper but maybe.
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

Look by number of games and Cormier deserves it.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

UVAlaxfan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:49 pm
JumboFan4 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:43 pm Just watched the game. Is my math off because I had Boyden 2,3 rather than 2,2? Box score seems off.

Box score off in a number of ways.

Cormier had an assist.

Schutz had two.

I dont think mcintosh had one.

Not sure I saw boydon's third helper but maybe.
It was Shelly from Boyden at 1:29 in the first rather than from Macintosh.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”