Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

Re: Games Today

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:25 am Looking at UNC-Florida. No Ingrilli for UNC today??
Only watching stats - Humphey seems quiet is she playing ? Or no opportunies?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:13 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:25 am Looking at UNC-Florida. No Ingrilli for UNC today??
Only watching stats - Humphey seems quiet is she playing ? Or no opportunies?
She’s playing.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Pansini shut her down for 3 quarters … but Florida defense worn down. Unc dominated possession for most of the game.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Florida ran out of gas. UNC depth still the best in the country. Florida has zero depth and will struggle against good teams.

Good game between CUSE and MD. Huge game for MD in my opinion..will set the tone for the rest of the season
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Maryland wins today. No doubt. Gonna be an upsets. Mich over Denver. Book it. Coastal not looking good against Clemson. That won’t be one of them. Right them off. And I was wrong on Army. Watch Sienna beat them today.
Villanova having trouble with…..Bucknell. This is either gonna be a fun season or some of these teams just can’t get with it in the first few games against inferior opponents.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm Maryland wins today. No doubt. Gonna be an upsets. Mich over Denver. Book it. Coastal not looking good against Clemson. That won’t be one of them.
LOL
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 pm Florida ran out of gas. UNC depth still the best in the country. Florida has zero depth and will struggle against good teams.

Good game between CUSE and MD. Huge game for MD in my opinion..will set the tone for the rest of the season
I watched the first half at the gym. Florida was winning draws. Didn’t see the second half. Wonder what changed. I look at the box scores of top 25 teams and top 50 teams. The top 50 teams have three scorers. Top 25 has 8. But UNC seems they have 8 that can put up 3 every game.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 pm Florida ran out of gas. UNC depth still the best in the country. Florida has zero depth and will struggle against good teams.

I watched the first half at the gym. Florida was winning draws. Didn’t see the second half. Wonder what changed. I look at the box scores of top 25 teams and top 50 teams. The top 50 teams have three scorers. Top 25 has 8. But UNC seems they have 8 that can put up 3 every game.
Similar to the Loyola game..they were in it and faded in the second half. I don't think coaching is an issue..they are a decently coached team I just think the luster has worn off the program and they no longer have the talent they used to. Losing LoPinto was the nail
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:52 pm

Similar to the Loyola game..they were in it and faded in the second half. I don't think coaching is an issue..they are a decently coached team I just think the luster has worn off the program and they no longer have the talent they used to. Losing LoPinto was the nail
Coaching is an issue with Florida.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Yep. Lopinto hurt them a lot. Pretty much everyone on this forum said they expected Florida to drop off significantly from where they were ranked. Still a top 25 team, just not top 10
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:59 pm

Coaching is an issue with Florida.
Agree
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm Maryland wins today. No doubt. Gonna be an upsets. Mich over Denver. Book it. Coastal not looking good against Clemson. That won’t be one of them.
LOL
Terps vs Orange going to OT, tied at 8. good game

UM over Denver 6-3 going into 2nd half
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

some channel surfing thoughts from the morning games

- Brown is a different team this year; coaching matters. they have as good a shot as any in the Ivy this year
- Can Colgate fire their coach already? You can't abuse players AND be this bad
- The UVA goalie is definitely top 5 in the country; she will keep them in lots of ACC games
- MIchigan will be a tough out in May; their defense is great
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

CUSE won the draw and timeout..i think they win it here
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Crazy amount of coaching in the Maryland - Syracuse game. You can just see the difference between these games and other lesser conference games. The amount of matchups and taking players off the field on the fly is crazy. The last 5 minutes and ot took almost an an hour with the amount of time outs and the changes they made. Acc Network did a good job taking you inside the coaches huddles to show what they are doing.

All that coaching and Maryland still forced it in the end. Maryland Almost Let this one slip through. Got bailed out with a green card.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Crazy amount of coaching in the Maryland - Syracuse game. You can just see the difference between these games and other lesser conference games. The amount of matchups and taking players off the field on the fly is crazy. The last 5 minutes and ot took almost an an hour with the amount of time outs and the changes they made. Acc Network did a good job taking you inside the coaches huddles to show what they are doing.

All that coaching and Maryland still forced it in the end. Maryland Almost Let this one slip through. Got bailed out with a green card.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Horrible game by the entire Cuse offense. So many chances and missed opportunities. They don't have any true leaders on the offensive end; you could tell no one had the confidence to make the game-winning play. Big opportunity missed for Cuse.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don't know why Md. got the ball at the beginning of OT2 as opposed to having a draw. The green card was before the end of OT1. I understand that the card carries over, but why no draw? Maybe this isn't analogous, but if a team gets a card at the end of a period (or under the old rules, a half), the card carries over, but you still have a draw to start the next period or half.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:28 pm Horrible game by the entire Cuse offense. So many chances and missed opportunities. They don't have any true leaders on the offensive end; you could tell no one had the confidence to make the game-winning play. Big opportunity missed for Cuse.
It looked kind of like Emma Ward tried, but...
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:29 pm Don't know why Md. got the ball at the beginning of OT2 as opposed to having a draw. The green card was before the end of OT1. I understand that the card carries over, but why no draw? Maybe this isn't analogous, but if a team gets a card at the end of a period (or under the old rules, a half), the card carries over, but you still have a draw to start the next period or half.
This also had me a little puzzled? When did this rule change happen or have I just missed it my entire life?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”