Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:53 pm it's just always pleasant to see them lose.
lol. Sports schadenfreude is indeed fun.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Just don’t know if I can say JMU or Denver is better than Northwestern? Where do you see them ending up in the polls Monday?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:00 pm Just don’t know if I can say JMU or Denver is better than Northwestern? Where do you see them ending up in the polls Monday?
ND definitely jumps up to top 4, but don't think can be anointed #1...or can they??
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:02 pm
lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:00 pm Just don’t know if I can say JMU or Denver is better than Northwestern? Where do you see them ending up in the polls Monday?
ND definitely jumps up to top 4, but don't think can be anointed #1...or can they??
Just MY OPINION - 1. JMU 2. BC 3. NU 4. ND 5. Denver
(Honestly all of the top 3 could be shuffled around) I am happy ND won but I’m factoring in the facility, playing in South Bend, and early season???
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Boston College is too stacked to not be No. 1, JMU beat an injury-riddled UNC team at HOME by 1 in overtime. They are not No. 1.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

BC is one by default. I was high on JMU and predicted they would make the final four but i still want to see more.

1.BC
2. JMU
3. NW
DMac

Post by DMac »

In the last seven quarters Northwestern has been beat 27-20.
Not thinkin' too many people would've taken that bet.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I think BC gets the meaningless No. 1 spot.

I have to say -- not a hater at all -- that JMU is not a No. 1 team. They beat a literally injury-riddled UNC team at home in OT, giving up 17 goals or something to a team without its leading scorer from a year ago and without the kid who took most of its draws last yea, and without its best defender. Good team, not great.

BC (because....)
ND (because last night)
NU
Denver (until 3-seconds comes back in vogue)
Syracuse

???????
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

This was a beat down. Notre dame dominated every category except saves. If their goalie had had a better save oercentage, it would have been more apparent how much better they were last night than NU. They out northwesterned northwestern. They were faster and deeper. This was much different than my losing to cuse last year by one goal. In that game, the stats were even and the score reflected to the game. In this case, laliberty has 12 saves and notre dame out scored NU 14-7 anyway after the first 5 minutes.
Nu might still win the national championship. But they got exposed last night by a team that completely beat them at their own game. Who is going to step up and create a problem on offense when scane and cooykendall are being handled? Lindsey Frank? Dylan amonte?

And NDs talent, effort and athleticism were on full display last night. That team is going to be a handful, and I didn’t see a lot of coaching errors.

It’s just one game….but I think another team just entered to first tier of teams for the 2024 season…..

I dont like ND…. But that was a statement win.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I tend to disagree. I thought it was the same old ND team - lots of turnovers and forced plays on offense. Sloppy in transition and bad shots. Extremely undisciplined the entire 3rd Q and early 4th when they should have been up by much more. Main issue was NU not having the ball! Can not win without the ball - especially down the stretch. Dominated on the draw and NU has a good draw team. That was super impressive. That indoor facility is also tough for opposing teams. There are simple blueprints out there for beating ND. It is no different this year in my opinion. I dont see ND as a top 4 team. We'll see over time.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

I didn’t watch the game, so I didn’t see the actual plays that happened and that makes a huge difference. However, from the stat line you have to give ND credit. This is a great win and until ND chokes, then you must give them the credit they deserve. They beat the #1 team and held the best offense to 10 goals. They also were able to regain composure in the 4th after struggling in the third. You may not be a ND fan, you may brush this off as a February win, and you may say NU had a bad game, but give this ND team some credit that they deserve.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:21 am This was a beat down. Notre dame dominated every category except saves. If their goalie had had a better save oercentage, it would have been more apparent how much better they were last night than NU. They out northwesterned northwestern. They were faster and deeper. This was much different than my losing to cuse last year by one goal. In that game, the stats were even and the score reflected to the game. In this case, laliberty has 12 saves and notre dame out scored NU 14-7 anyway after the first 5 minutes.
Nu might still win the national championship. But they got exposed last night by a team that completely beat them at their own game. Who is going to step up and create a problem on offense when scane and cooykendall are being handled? Lindsey Frank? Dylan amonte?

And NDs talent, effort and athleticism were on full display last night. That team is going to be a handful, and I didn’t see a lot of coaching errors.

It’s just one game….but I think another team just entered to first tier of teams for the 2024 season…..

I dont like ND…. But that was a statement win.
I've been an avid believer in ND's raw talent..we all know they have SERIOUS attacking talent. The question has always been consitency. The NU win was impressive but i'm not ready to put them up there just yet..they need to maintain it over 6 or 7 games.

i will say though, if ND goes on a tear this season and makes it deep into the tournament..LOOK OUT. Because with the recruting talent they have coming in the next few years this might be the team we've been looking for to make that jump into elite program status with BC, UNC, NU, and CUSE. just maybe.. Especially once Patterson gets to town to sure up their goalie woes. All the signs are there.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

This statement has me puzzled. They lose 70 percent of their scoring next year with the big 3 that have been there 5 years and have never ended the year in the top 5. Their coaching is also said to be below average and the future is super bright? Congrats on a big win. I'm thrilled for ND. I just dont see this year or the next few years ending all that well. I hope they prove me wrong.
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Congrats to ND, they are much better than I thought. Their zone really impressed me.

My granddaughter (a HS freshman) made an interesting point when I texted her if she watched the game. She said she's gone to multiple games/camps at the Notre Dame indoor facility and the lighting is terrible and takes a while to get use to.

Then I thought about all of the unforced NW turnovers in the game. I don't want to take anything away from ND, but retrospectively conditions played a factor in the result.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Looking at UNC-Florida. No Ingrilli for UNC today??
Bart

Post by Bart »

Curious……for all watching the unc game. How was that trip that was called just outside the 30 not a green card?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Wow the UNC d is horrendous. I just watched Florida’s last two possessions. It looks like high school. Coming right on and shooting on a goalie whose angle is atrocious. Could’ve been just the two possessions I saw but wow it was bad.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:42 am Wow the UNC d is horrendous. I just watched Florida’s last two possessions. It looks like high school. Coming right on and shooting on a goalie whose angle is atrocious. Could’ve been just the two possessions I saw but wow it was bad.
Haha. And the next possession they cause a to and go right down and score. 🤷🏻‍♂️
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

People should stop trying to discredit Notre Dame's fantastic win against Northwestern. Notre Dame was better offensively, defensively, and MUCH better on the draw controls. One can make the argument they should've won by more (they should've) if they placed some of their shots more effectively against Laliberty. Nonetheless, doesn't change the fact that ND was just flat-out the better team last night. Absolutely loved how they matched NU's intensity.

ND should be ranked #2 come Monday.
Last edited by laxer12 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Bart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 am Curious……for all watching the unc game. How was that trip that was called just outside the 30 not a green card?
I was wondering that as well. Thought it was close to being incidental contact. More curious how the ensuing UNC possession wasn’t a charge.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”