NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
shorelax12

Re: NESCAC

Post by shorelax12 »

bonesnjnts wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 am he's a freshman transfer that came to trinity in December..
If he was at Conn for fall ball, I assume that some of the Conn folks may have some insight
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 am he's a freshman transfer that came to trinity in December..
If he was at Conn for fall ball, I assume that some of the Conn folks may have some insight
I'm pretty familiar with his game as a high school player. Good athlete and a big kid. Put up two 40+ point seasons as a midfielder in the ISL and played club for Laxachusetts Black. Players with similar resumes have excelled in the NESCAC in the past. None of that guarantees success or that lacrosse will be the most important aspect of the college experience to him, but he has the tools to get on the field early.
tuftslover9

Post by tuftslover9 »

What's up guys, just joined the forum after a shout from a friend about good conversations going on in the 'CAC. Just thought I would give some insight.
My buddies son goes to trinity but isn't on the lax team. It is a small school where everyone knows everyones business though. Seems like the D1 transfers joining trinity was all just talk. Nothing shown online or available about any kid coming from Rutgers, UMBC, Providence, Kenyon, or Bryant. The Conn Midfielder looks like an absolute horse in the midfield and definitely will make a strong impact for the Bants. As a Jumbos alum and Superfan of the NESCAC, I think the bants still have a long way to go and probably won't be to hot this season, especially if there's transfers aren't actually real.

Let me know if anyone finds any info on this.
snowbunnylover

Post by snowbunnylover »

tuftslover9 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:39 pm What's up guys, just joined the forum after a shout from a friend about good conversations going on in the 'CAC. Just thought I would give some insight.
My buddies son goes to trinity but isn't on the lax team. It is a small school where everyone knows everyones business though. Seems like the D1 transfers joining trinity was all just talk. Nothing shown online or available about any kid coming from Rutgers, UMBC, Providence, Kenyon, or Bryant. The Conn Midfielder looks like an absolute horse in the midfield and definitely will make a strong impact for the Bants. As a Jumbos alum and Superfan of the NESCAC, I think the bants still have a long way to go and probably won't be to hot this season, especially if there's transfers aren't actually real.

Can attest that there are at least a couple transfers. Looked at the inside lacrosse portal news and Hartford has Definetly picked up a couple d1 guys. As to whether they're good... think little of them picked up any game time. probably a stunt and transfers will have little impact
tuftslover9

Post by tuftslover9 »

Just did some recon on the forum, apparently there's a trinity father on here. Can he attest to the truth of the transfers? Really interested in this. 4 D1 transfers sounds like a lot no? Especially for trinity.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

The Rutgers guy is definitely at Trinity. I can't speak to how good he is but he played at Brunswick. Anyone who makes the varsity there should be at a bare minimum a strong contributor. Ditto for the UMBC guy who is also there and played at Salisbury. The Bryant guy also lists himself as being a member of the Trinity lax team. Those would be some very strong pickups for the fighting roosters. Th Providence transfer is from Hartford so that would make sense but I don't see anything online about him at Trinity and I would be less confident that he would be a significant impact player.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm The Rutgers guy is definitely at Trinity. I can't speak to how good he is but he played at Brunswick. Anyone who makes the varsity there should be at a bare minimum a strong contributor. Ditto for the UMBC guy who is also there and played at Salisbury. The Bryant guy also lists himself as being a member of the Trinity lax team. Those would be some very strong pickups for the fighting roosters. Th Providence transfer is from Hartford so that would make sense but I don't see anything online about him at Trinity and I would be less confident that he would be a significant impact player.
This is from the Rutgers transfer's bio from '23 (freshman year at Rutgers). Pretty good athletic DNA.

Prior to Rutgers: Played four years of varsity lacrosse … helped lead Brunswick to Prep National Championship in 2022 … helped Hackley School to Ivy League Championship and NYSAAIS and was named First Team All-Ivy League in 2019 … also played football

Personal: Parents are Caroline Samsen Mueller and Timothy Mueller … has two older siblings, Ally and Sammy … Ally was an All-Big Ten defender at Northwestern and a three-year starter … Sammy was a three-time All-American at Virginia, a four-year starter who finished top-10 in goals and points in school history prior to finishing career at Northwestern with All-Big Ten season … father played lacrosse at Michigan State … mother was a gymnast at Connecticut College … uncle Adam Mueller played 11 years of professional lacrosse and coached in the NLL
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:04 pm
pcowlax wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm The Rutgers guy is definitely at Trinity. I can't speak to how good he is but he played at Brunswick. Anyone who makes the varsity there should be at a bare minimum a strong contributor. Ditto for the UMBC guy who is also there and played at Salisbury. The Bryant guy also lists himself as being a member of the Trinity lax team. Those would be some very strong pickups for the fighting roosters. Th Providence transfer is from Hartford so that would make sense but I don't see anything online about him at Trinity and I would be less confident that he would be a significant impact player.
This is from the Rutgers transfer's bio from '23 (freshman year at Rutgers). Pretty good athletic DNA.

Prior to Rutgers: Played four years of varsity lacrosse … helped lead Brunswick to Prep National Championship in 2022 … helped Hackley School to Ivy League Championship and NYSAAIS and was named First Team All-Ivy League in 2019 … also played football

Personal: Parents are Caroline Samsen Mueller and Timothy Mueller … has two older siblings, Ally and Sammy … Ally was an All-Big Ten defender at Northwestern and a three-year starter … Sammy was a three-time All-American at Virginia, a four-year starter who finished top-10 in goals and points in school history prior to finishing career at Northwestern with All-Big Ten season … father played lacrosse at Michigan State … mother was a gymnast at Connecticut College … uncle Adam Mueller played 11 years of professional lacrosse and coached in the NLL
He at least had the crap kicked out of him in the backyard, so must be a tough kid.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

General pop here at the mentions of Conn, Trinity and NJIT
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Below are the sparse bios from the Trinity athletics site of several of the transfers. Most notably, McCarthy put up 24 points (23, 1) for Kenyon as a freshman.

Davis Burleson (listed as a '27 but believe he is a '25), ex. UMBC: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... eson/12280

Andrew Finn (listed as a '27 but believe he's a '26), ex. Bryant: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... finn/12281

Collin McCarthy '26, ex. Kenyon: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... rthy/12288

Logan Mueller '26, ex. Rutgers: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ller/12270

Cam Elenteny '27, was enrolled at Providence in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... teny/12286

Henry Schoettle '27, was enrolled at CC in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ttle/12285
Finish Strong
ButtermilkBiscuits88

Post by ButtermilkBiscuits88 »

Sportin' Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm Below are the sparse bios from the Trinity athletics site of several of the transfers. Most notably, McCarthy put up 24 points (23, 1) for Kenyon as a freshman.

Davis Burleson (listed as a '27 but believe he is a '25), ex. UMBC: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... eson/12280

Andrew Finn (listed as a '27 but believe he's a '26), ex. Bryant: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... finn/12281

Collin McCarthy '26, ex. Kenyon: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... rthy/12288

Logan Mueller '26, ex. Rutgers: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ller/12270

Cam Elenteny '27, was enrolled at Providence in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... teny/12286

Henry Schoettle '27, was enrolled at CC in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ttle/12285

Wow sportin life, great shout on this. Appreciate the detective work. Will be interesting to see if these kids get any burn and how they transtition to the nescac.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:18 pm General pop here at the mentions of Conn, Trinity and NJIT...
Choochoo, just so you're not blind-sided, FanLax has a no trolling policy. I'm sure, in your mind, you're "just joking" and "what's the big deal if I want to discuss NJIT in a NESCAC forum" and, from where I'm sitting, it seems like you're wading into trolling territory. Again, just a heads-up. Not sure if Admin would agree.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Just watched Wesleyan great, Ronan Jacoby, lazer a shot past Deluca the waterdogs gk in the PLL campionship series. That was cool. Took a chunk out of Deluca by the way he reacted.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am
Yes, can confirm that he was at Conn in the fall. Insight is that he was not a fan of the social scene at Conn and was looking for more— which I’m sure Trinity can provide.

Forum should probably move on anyways, transfers very rarely have a notable impact in this conference (please, name one).

Conn scrimmaging St Anselm on Saturday, I’m sure Nagle will run everyone. Any insiders on here know of any other scrimmages going on this upcoming weekend?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:57 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:18 pm General pop here at the mentions of Conn, Trinity and NJIT...
Choochoo, just so you're not blind-sided, FanLax has a no trolling policy. I'm sure, in your mind, you're "just joking" and "what's the big deal if I want to discuss NJIT in a NESCAC forum" and, from where I'm sitting, it seems like you're wading into trolling territory. Again, just a heads-up. Not sure if Admin would agree.
Cool. Good to know repeatedly injecting the name of a school/lacrosse team into conversations about schools/lacrosse teams is strictly forbidden. Weird that no such warning was issued for actually “doxxing” someone. Or maybe laxdad just needed to write a request to “make the bad person stop.” Go ahead, let individuals silence others who they disagree with and would like to see go away. Now they can go back to talking down about other schools, and believing whatever falsehoods they want to about there being no size/skill difference between DI and DIII without anybody who disagrees. Sounds like a fun place to hang out.
Unknown Participant

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:28 pm
Cool. Good to know repeatedly injecting the name of a school/lacrosse team into conversations about schools/lacrosse teams is strictly forbidden. Weird that no such warning was issued for actually “doxxing” someone. Or maybe laxdad just needed to write a request to “make the bad person stop.” Go ahead, let individuals silence others who they disagree with and would like to see go away. Now they can go back to talking down about other schools, and believing whatever falsehoods they want to about there being no size/skill difference between DI and DIII without anybody who disagrees. Sounds like a fun place to hang out.
Holy f**k. Just go away.
Unknown Participant

tuftslover9 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:39 pm What's up guys, just joined the forum after a shout from a friend about good conversations going on in the 'CAC. Just thought I would give some insight.

your friend snowbunnylover? gtfo
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

10 am Trinity versus University of Saint Joe's (CT)
12 pm Trinity versus Vassar
2 pm Vassar versus SUNY Maritime
4pm Trinity versus SUNY Maritime

At Trinity Saturday
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:32 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:28 pm
Holy f**k. Just go away.
He ain’t lying!
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

What's the appeal of repeatedly visiting a place where you don't like the people or what they say and the feeling is mutual?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”