The Top Current Assistants In DI?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

The Top Current Assistants In DI?

Post by gymman1031 »

Share your thoughts. Might any become head coaches soon?
The Orfling

Re: The Top Current Assistants In DI?

Post by The Orfling »

Current ND defensive coordinator Ryan Wellner — he was impressive at Navy and continues to impress at Norte Dame. Also an excellent recruiter.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Orfling wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:05 pm Current ND defensive coordinator Ryan Wellner — he was impressive at Navy and continues to impress at Norte Dame. Also an excellent recruiter.
+1 He is also innovative, using strategies from other sports.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
coda

Post by coda »

I really like the DC at Bucknell. They do some really interesting things on that side of the ball. Dont have the talent for it always to show up, but I would love to see their DC with some legit talent
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Jesse Bernhardt will be a HC soon.
TurfToeVictim

Post by TurfToeVictim »

The assistant coach at Syracuse(Pat March) should be able to get a head coaching gig in the near future
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Scott Bieda OC at Michigan
Finster

Post by Finster »

TurfToeVictim wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:27 am The assistant coach at Syracuse(Pat March) should be able to get a head coaching gig in the near future

I think it might be at Syracuse tbh. 2-3 years.
Finster

Post by Finster »

I think this new kid at UVA, Kevin Cassese, has the potential to be a HC someday

;)
Finster

Post by Finster »

Wheels wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:18 pm Jesse Bernhardt will be a HC soon.

Would definitely agree
lilax

Post by lilax »

coda wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:52 pm I really like the DC at Bucknell. They do some really interesting things on that side of the ball. Dont have the talent for it always to show up, but I would love to see their DC with some legit talent
There is no DC at Bucknell. It is Fedoraka's defense and he's been running the same pressure defense forever. His 2011 team was the best at it.
coda

Post by coda »

lilax wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:32 am
coda wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:52 pm I really like the DC at Bucknell. They do some really interesting things on that side of the ball. Dont have the talent for it always to show up, but I would love to see their DC with some legit talent
There is no DC at Bucknell. It is Fedoraka's defense and he's been running the same pressure defense forever. His 2011 team was the best at it.
Thanks. I dont really follow Bucknell. Just saw a couple games and really liked some of the stuff they were doing. Its not a situation that is based on superior players.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Hobart's OC, Brundage, has had Hobart's O putting up really high numbers for several years. If this year follows (we'll see), I'd imagine he'll be getting looks.
Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

- Jesse Bernhardt
- Ron Caputo
- Ryan Wellner

I think you can add Kevin Cassese to that list but it’s not about how you start but how you finish. Let’s see how everything meshes

Being a HC is not just about X’s and O’s, can you recruit top talent, can you run an organization; manage staff, raise money, handle alum and administration AND develop/ teach / lead young men (& your staff).

If yes to all of the above, I’d pick Ryan Wellner but I’m a Navy fan and was impressed while he was here.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Laxinmay wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:17 pm - Jesse Bernhardt
- Ron Caputo
- Ryan Wellner

I think you can add Kevin Cassese to that list but it’s not about how you start but how you finish. Let’s see how everything meshes

Being a HC is not just about X’s and O’s, can you recruit top talent, can you run an organization; manage staff, raise money, handle alum and administration AND develop/ teach / lead young men (& your staff).

If yes to all of the above, I’d pick Ryan Wellner but I’m a Navy fan and was impressed while he was here.
Army has a couple of good ones?

Post by 1766 »

Eric Seremet the former Air Force HC and current Rutgers assistant turned down a head job last year. He's likely to get another bite at the apple should he want it.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

1766 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:13 pm Eric Seremet the former Air Force HC and current Rutgers assistant turned down a head job last year. He's likely to get another bite at the apple should he want it.
What job was that, Mt St Marys?
Young Warrior

Post by Young Warrior »

Asgot wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:50 am Scott Bieda OC at Michigan
+1
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxgunea wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:50 am Hobart's OC, Brundage, has had Hobart's O putting up really high numbers for several years. If this year follows (we'll see), I'd imagine he'll be getting looks.
SHHHH!!! LG SHHH!!!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Agree with the Wellner sentiments..that's another one from the Sowell coaching tree(Tiffany, Chemotti, Wellner) & Ryan Danehy played for Coach Sowell at Dartmouth. It is my belief that successful coaches, in addition to the obvious duties, also mentor and push their assistants to take the next step to HC.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”