The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:11 pm No interview on the immigration crisis, sending billions to Ukraine, or the unrest overseas.

But a strong message from Biden and the White House on Super Bowl Sunday, none the less:

https://x.com/potus/status/175671359786 ... mfE5ey8-Lw
According to Joe he is still as sharp as a tack. How come Joe Biden didn't prove it to the American people? He should have been chomping at the bit for the opportunity. 🤪
You make numerous claims to be thoughtful and smart and yet around here….”how come you don’t prove it here ever?”
Because I have no need to prove anything to anyone. Do you have an opinion as to why Joe took a pass at doing a super bowl interview? IMO it was a missed opportunity on Bidens part.
Biden literally put out a statement why he wasn't doing the interview. Do you know why did Trump avoided the interview during his term?

Do you think anything Biden would have said would change your vote, or anyone else's vote? Election is still a long way away.

Did you listen to the interview I linked?

Do you know that Trump didn't know what state the Chiefs are in?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:19 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:11 pm No interview on the immigration crisis, sending billions to Ukraine, or the unrest overseas.

But a strong message from Biden and the White House on Super Bowl Sunday, none the less:

According to Joe he is still as sharp as a tack. How come Joe Biden didn't prove it to the American people? He should have been chomping at the bit for the opportunity. 🤪
You make numerous claims to be thoughtful and smart and yet around here….”how come you don’t prove it here ever?”
Because I have no need to prove anything to anyone. Do you have an opinion as to why Joe took a pass at doing a super bowl interview? IMO it was a missed opportunity on Bidens part.
Biden literally put out a statement why he wasn't doing the interview. Do you know why did Trump avoided the interview during his term?

Do you think anything Biden would have said would change your vote, or anyone else's vote? Election is still a long way away.

Excuses are like butt holes, every body has one and everybody thinks it's the other ones that stinks. The bottom line is that Joe took a pass at proving to the American people he is one sharp cookie. Spin it how you like.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:19 pm

Excuses are like butt holes, every body has one and everybody thinks it's the other ones that stinks. The bottom line is that Joe took a pass at proving to the American people he is one sharp cookie. Spin it how you like.
Cool. So did Trump.

Biden does other things to prove his worth.

You didn't listen to the interview, did you? And you won't, because he's the kind of Democrat your mom liked. He's certainly old enough.
old salt

Post by old salt »

This is no surprise. The tragic loss of Beau has been Biden's go-to all-purpose excuse & political gimmick.
When he used it in his rant against Hur, it caused me to wonder if Biden brought it up himself, as an excuse.
Yep.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rcna138709

Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources say.

The president raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home, where he said he found classified materials, two sources said.

Feb. 14, 2024, 3:29 PM EST
By Ken Dilanian

President Joe Biden lashed out at Robert Hur last week over one particular line in the special counsel's report on his handling of classified documents: that Biden "did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

“How in the hell dare he raise that?” Biden told reporters in an impromptu White House press conference. “Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn’t any of their damn business.”

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Biden raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home from 2016 to 2018, the sources said, when a ghost writer was helping him write a memoir about losing Beau to brain cancer in 2015. Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says.

Biden began trying to recall that period by discussing what else was happening in his life, and it was at that point in the interview that he appeared confused about when Beau died, the sources said. Biden got the date — May 30 — correct, but not the year.

Hur's 345-page report absolved Biden of criminal wrongdoing while pointing to evidence that he took home and kept highly classified material. Even though Biden was found to have disclosed classified information to the ghost writer on three occasions, prosecutors concluded that they could not prove that the president knew it was classified information at the time.

Fiery criticism of the report from Biden supporters, though, has focused on Hur’s characterizations of the president’s memory. They say the report was filled with gratuitous details about Biden’s memory issues, including that the president misremembered the year Beau died. They have also seized on Biden’s statement that the special counsel asked him about the date of Beau’s death.

“Why in the hell are you asking that question?” former Attorney General Eric Holder, a Democrat, said Monday on MSNBC, suggesting that Hur was "a rube, perhaps," who had "shaded" what he put in the report. “What does that have to do with the retention of classified documents?”

First lady Jill Biden questioned in a fundraising letter whether Hur was using “our son’s death to score political points.”

Sources familiar with Biden's view of the interview say Hur induced the president to bring up his son by asking a series of personal questions related to Beau. They included questions about Biden's memoir, “Promise Me, Dad,” in which he writes about his son’s battle with cancer and death in 2015. Hur also asked about Biden’s work for the Biden Cancer Initiative, founded in Beau’s memory.

These sources did not dispute that it was Biden, not Hur, who first mentioned a date for Beau’s death. But they said Biden felt betrayed by the comments in Hur's report about his memory and mental state. During the interview, Hur asked him to recall events years in the past as best he could, and Biden agreed to speak freely and expansively, rather than in the clipped and careful manner of a typical witness.

Exactly what Biden said about his son’s death and other issues may ultimately become public. The two-day interview was audio-recorded and transcribed, and congressional committees are expected to push for its release.

Associates of Hur say that Biden's claim that the special counsel quizzed the president, unprompted, about his son’s death from cancer is an effort to take the focus off the special counsel's findings regarding how Biden handled classified documents and his struggle to recall certain facts.

The line of questioning about the memoir was directly relevant to the central issue of the investigation, the people familiar with the interview said. Hur’s team had learned that Biden was recorded in 2017 telling the ghost writer that he “found all the classified stuff downstairs,” at the Virginia rental home where the two were working on the book.

In the interview, Biden told Hur that he didn’t remember saying in 2017 that he had found classified documents in the home.

Hur’s investigation determined that the documents Biden mentioned in 2017 were never turned over to the FBI and, in fact, were likely the same ones found in Biden’s Delaware garage in 2022.

Biden’s struggle to recall the period when he worked with the ghost writer were among several exchanges during the two-day interview where he appeared to forget important facts, according to the report. Hur's report also states that Biden’s memory appeared to be significantly limited in the 30 hours of recorded interviews he conducted with the ghost writer in 2017.

Hur stated that those memory lapses were one reason he concluded that it would be difficult to convince a jury to convict Biden of intentionally mishandling classified information.

People who know Hur say he did not anticipate how his descriptions of the president’s memory would resonate across the political landscape. They say he believed that when his report was released, he would likely come under immediate attack from Republicans who would accuse him of going soft on Biden.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, at least that’s not how I read that Full article.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:15 am This is no surprise. The tragic loss of Beau has been Biden's go-to all-purpose excuse & political gimmick.
When he used it in his rant against Hur, it caused me to wonder if Biden brought it up himself, as an excuse.
Yep.

Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources say.

The president raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home, where he said he found classified materials, two sources said.

By Ken Dilanian

President Joe Biden lashed out at Robert Hur last week over one particular line in the special counsel's report on his handling of classified documents: that Biden "did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

“How in the hell dare he raise that?” Biden told reporters in an impromptu White House press conference. “Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn’t any of their damn business.”

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Biden raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home from 2016 to 2018, the sources said, when a ghost writer was helping him write a memoir about losing Beau to brain cancer in 2015. Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says.

Biden began trying to recall that period by discussing what else was happening in his life, and it was at that point in the interview that he appeared confused about when Beau died, the sources said. Biden got the date — May 30 — correct, but not the year.

Hur's 345-page report absolved Biden of criminal wrongdoing while pointing to evidence that he took home and kept highly classified material. Even though Biden was found to have disclosed classified information to the ghost writer on three occasions, prosecutors concluded that they could not prove that the president knew it was classified information at the time.

Fiery criticism of the report from Biden supporters, though, has focused on Hur’s characterizations of the president’s memory. They say the report was filled with gratuitous details about Biden’s memory issues, including that the president misremembered the year Beau died. They have also seized on Biden’s statement that the special counsel asked him about the date of Beau’s death.

“Why in the hell are you asking that question?” former Attorney General Eric Holder, a Democrat, said Monday on MSNBC, suggesting that Hur was "a rube, perhaps," who had "shaded" what he put in the report. “What does that have to do with the retention of classified documents?”

First lady Jill Biden questioned in a fundraising letter whether Hur was using “our son’s death to score political points.”

Sources familiar with Biden's view of the interview say Hur induced the president to bring up his son by asking a series of personal questions related to Beau. They included questions about Biden's memoir, “Promise Me, Dad,” in which he writes about his son’s battle with cancer and death in 2015. Hur also asked about Biden’s work for the Biden Cancer Initiative, founded in Beau’s memory.

These sources did not dispute that it was Biden, not Hur, who first mentioned a date for Beau’s death. But they said Biden felt betrayed by the comments in Hur's report about his memory and mental state. During the interview, Hur asked him to recall events years in the past as best he could, and Biden agreed to speak freely and expansively, rather than in the clipped and careful manner of a typical witness.

Exactly what Biden said about his son’s death and other issues may ultimately become public. The two-day interview was audio-recorded and transcribed, and congressional committees are expected to push for its release.

Associates of Hur say that Biden's claim that the special counsel quizzed the president, unprompted, about his son’s death from cancer is an effort to take the focus off the special counsel's findings regarding how Biden handled classified documents and his struggle to recall certain facts.

The line of questioning about the memoir was directly relevant to the central issue of the investigation, the people familiar with the interview said. Hur’s team had learned that Biden was recorded in 2017 telling the ghost writer that he “found all the classified stuff downstairs,” at the Virginia rental home where the two were working on the book.

In the interview, Biden told Hur that he didn’t remember saying in 2017 that he had found classified documents in the home.

Hur’s investigation determined that the documents Biden mentioned in 2017 were never turned over to the FBI and, in fact, were likely the same ones found in Biden’s Delaware garage in 2022.

Biden’s struggle to recall the period when he worked with the ghost writer were among several exchanges during the two-day interview where he appeared to forget important facts, according to the report. Hur's report also states that Biden’s memory appeared to be significantly limited in the 30 hours of recorded interviews he conducted with the ghost writer in 2017.

Hur stated that those memory lapses were one reason he concluded that it would be difficult to convince a jury to convict Biden of intentionally mishandling classified information.

People who know Hur say he did not anticipate how his descriptions of the president’s memory would resonate across the political landscape. They say he believed that when his report was released, he would likely come under immediate attack from Republicans who would accuse him of going soft on Biden.
I’m an original source guy. Provide the full transcript of the interviews — I’ll parse the language myself.

What? No transcript? Then I view any interpretation as inextricably flawed by inherent biases of the interpreter, in this case the Special Counsel and subsequently the media reporter.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:39 pm I’m an original source guy. Provide the full transcript of the interviews — I’ll parse the language myself.

What? No transcript? Then I view any interpretation as inextricably flawed by inherent biases of the interpreter, in this case the Special Counsel and subsequently the media reporter.
Garland can release the transcripts & recordings. If not, the House should be able to compel their release since it's a Special Counsel investigation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It sounds like the transcripts need to be scrubbed for classified material, but ultimately will be public.

Has Trump been deposed? He offered to be deposed in the Russia investigation numerous times, but when push came to shove he refused. Same for his taxes being released. Lots of promises, but nope.

Listen, Trump can't even remember who he ran against in 2016 and 2020, confuses Haley with Pelosi, confused E. Jean Carroll with his former wife Marla Maples, and lies incessantly...and we're wringing our hands because Joe struggles with dates in a deposition he could have refused?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:15 am This is no surprise. The tragic loss of Beau has been Biden's go-to all-purpose excuse & political gimmick.
Yep.

No one cares. Our classified "system" is a joke....so no one cares.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Yep.

By Ken Dilanian

That is how people use their dead Children…..you ever have one sick?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

just gross.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:21 pmjust gross.
Based on his past comments he seems to have no appreciation of parenthood. A dead child is a gimmick….I wonder if someone grieving over an old dead retriever would get more sympathy?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:28 pm
Based on his past comments he seems to have no appreciation of parenthood. A dead child is a gimmick….I wonder if someone grieving over an old dead retriever would get more sympathy?
Biden uses it as a crutch. Stolen valor, portraying himself as a Gold Star Dad. It's nauseating.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:14 pm
Biden uses it as a crutch. Stolen valor, portraying himself as a Gold Star Dad. It's nauseating.
Yep. Parents do that right? When you lose a child, you fake it? Right?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:15 pm
If Biden couldn't cope with the loss of a son (5 years earlier) he should not have run for President.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:36 pm
If Biden couldn't cope with the loss of a son (5 years earlier) he should not have run for President.
Jeezus, dude. Aiming for rock bottom today?

Dems are bad. We get it. Dems are bad, and your guys are great.

You have now surpassed Petey in your over the top, petty, pointless partisanship. Way to go. Can't wait to hear what nonsense you'll hand us when Trump's elected again. For starters, you'll tell us you didn't vote for him, of course. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:41 pm

You have now surpassed Petey in your over the top, petty, pointless partisanship. Way to go. Can't wait to hear what nonsense you'll hand us when Trump's elected again. For starters, you'll tell us you didn't vote for him, of course. :roll:
There is no excuse for stolen valor. Biden is not a Gold Star Dad.

https://twitter.com/AHMalcolm/status/17 ... 3457765528
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:55 pm

Fully don't care about any complaints you have about Biden. Don't want to hear it anymore than I want to hear your nonstop excuse as to why anything and everything Trump does and says is just okie-dokie with Old Salt.
Typical Lax Dad

You didn’t defend that towel head gold star father Khan…
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:28 pm

Fully don't care about any complaints you have about Biden. Don't want to hear it anymore than I want to hear your nonstop excuse as to why anything and everything Trump does and says is just okie-dokie with Old Salt.
I say what I've said before, several times. IMO -- Trump is not fit to serve & I will never vote for him. In large part because of the things he's allegedly said about our fallen. That does not make him wrong about our free riding NATO allies.

Return to “POLITICS”