Spam

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
Kismet

Spam

Post by Kismet »

SPAMMER onslaught - count 35+ accounts created over the past few days (starting last Thursday) that are all obviously SPAMMERS (see the pattern in usernames).

You might wnat to consider disabling daily auto signup overnights to combat this - once it starts lots of lemmings pile in
Matnum PI

Re: Городской туризм

Post by Matnum PI »

2-3 per day I can deal with because I want as few barriers as possible for new post-ers. What happened today with a plethora of spammers is less fun. Let's see what happens overnight. Thank you to all the post-ers who flag them as they pop-up.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

86 new registrations waiting for me this AM. 2 (maybe) were legit. The spam farms are digitally smart, meaning they know when we start getting busier (when the season starts) and that's when they start spamming. If this continues, I may need to take a week or so to have no new registrations. Let's see.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:56 am ...If this continues, I may need to take a week or so to have no new registrations. Let's see.
In the 6 minutes between this post and my taking care of some other administrative stuff, 2 more spammers tried to register. I shut down all registrations. For sure this will help with spam in the present. Hopefully this will help with spam in the future (when we allow registrations).
Caddy Day
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:56 am 86 new registrations waiting for me this AM. 2 (maybe) were legit. The spam farms are digitally smart, meaning they know when we start getting busier (when the season starts) and that's when they start spamming. If this continues, I may need to take a week or so to have no new registrations. Let's see.
Count another 14 since last Thursday that have not posted yet - you can tell by the usernames and many have links in their signatures - bet if you check their IP addresses they are all in Eastern Europe and Asia
Matnum PI

Re: Spam

Post by Matnum PI »

This one I just deleted is Lithuania (178.23.189.67). I could also ban certain IP Addresses.
Caddy Day
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

They will just switch IPs - you may need to consider turning off auto-registration for a while (or at least overnights) - Hopefully, they will eventually move on
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kismet wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:18 am They will just switch IPs - you may need to consider turning off auto-registration for a while (or at least overnights) - Hopefully, they will eventually move on
Shut down registrations for 5 days. Re-ste it up last night with a new "Q&A" Spam question and... Only one new member registration and the word "hop" is in his/her username. Back to normal for now.
Caddy Day

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”