Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Re: Games Today

Post by LarryGamLax »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:28 pm
Fischer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:09 pm So far Humphrey is carrying UNC. This is a very interesting game.
JMU with a 3 goal lead with only a few minutes left.
Tough day for UNC goalies with only 4 Saves and 18 g allowed.
Def really misses BWW!!
They might be missing Walker-Welch, but 18 goals allowed tells me that they are missing a Taylor Moreno or Megan Ward more.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:06 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:29 pm Actually I think UNC's offense looks pretty good. their defense, especially 1:1 is just dreadful. Maybe not dreadful, but not what you would expect from a top 5 team.
That’s because they are not a top 5 team. And neither is jmu.
Really?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:29 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:06 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:29 pm Actually I think UNC's offense looks pretty good. their defense, especially 1:1 is just dreadful. Maybe not dreadful, but not what you would expect from a top 5 team.
That’s because they are not a top 5 team. And neither is jmu.
Really?
I don’t think so
I have northwestern, bc, Maryland, notre dame, Denver, Loyola and cuse ahead of both of them. Nothing I saw today changes that for me….
But we will see!!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

These midfield green cards are not a good rule change.

Too many whistles. Game is too long.

Florida coaching staff apparently stepped out for a couple of burgers and some beers at halftime.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:04 pm These midfield green cards are not a good rule change.

Florida coaching staff apparently stepped out for a couple of burgers and some beers at halftime.
On the one hand I agree game is too long. On the other, they HAD to do something about the BS fouls in the middle of the field. Don’t have a great answer…
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

UNC Goalies = not good
I wasn’t super impressed with Nelson at the Senior games. Wasn’t any different this game. Lots of work to do on the D side.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Can we also talk about Ashley Humphrey? I think a 3 goal 4 assist debut when they didn’t even start her speaks volumes about her talent when surrounded by strong players. I don’t think unc is going to be a final 4 team this year because of what they lost to injury— but I suspect Humphrey is going to have a heck of a year and be the leader of that offense…
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:58 pm Can we also talk about Ashley Humphrey? I think a 3 goal 4 assist debut when they didn’t even start her speaks volumes about her talent when surrounded by strong players. I don’t think unc is going to be a final 4 team this year because of what they lost to injury— but I suspect Humphrey is going to have a heck of a year and be the leader of that offense…
She will have a great career. The only downside will be when teams decide to double team her this year.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:58 pm Can we also talk about Ashley Humphrey? I think a 3 goal 4 assist debut when they didn’t even start her speaks volumes about her talent when surrounded by strong players. I don’t think unc is going to be a final 4 team this year because of what they lost to injury— but I suspect Humphrey is going to have a heck of a year and be the leader of that offense…
She’s listed as a starter in the box score. Can’t say I noticed at the beginning of the game whether she was in or not.

Perhaps it’s too early for those who suggested she might not be able to play at the ACC level to eat crow, but it’s probably not too early to be plucking the feathers and seasoning the bird. (And, yeah, I know JMU is not in the ACC, but they certainly play at the ACC level.)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

user1020 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:31 pm No #9 Emily Wills for Loyola? Their offense looked good, but is much more dynamic with her. A strong lefty feeder.
Injured
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:04 pm These midfield green cards are not a good rule change.

Good on ya #22 with the sock trick...+3A against a ranked Fla.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:16 pm
user1020 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:31 pm No #9 Emily Wills for Loyola? Their offense looked good, but is much more dynamic with her. A strong lefty feeder.
Injured
Out for season?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:19 pm

IMO Loyola needs one more offensive weapon. Latch and Black will be a very very formidable duo. Boyle a solid 3rd. And Ruby as a good 4th, but I think they need one more consistent scorer to be a top 8 team, they seemed ok today without that 5th, but we will see.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

user1020 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:11 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Injured
Out for season?
Not my place ....sorry
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:19 pm

Agreed, she had a nice game. They looked good for a first game.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:25 pm
Fischer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:09 pm So far Humphrey is carrying UNC. This is a very interesting game.
Def really misses BWW!!
They might be missing Walker-Welch, but 18 goals allowed tells me that they are missing a Taylor Moreno or Megan Ward more.
Yeah, I don't follow goalkeeping the way you do, and I am certainly less informed about goalie mechanics, etc., but this was my takeaway too. UNC has had the relative luxury of a very able keeper for many years now, and the play by this youngster stood out for me yesterday.

My guess is that UNC rounds into a top five team, and they will assume every day is a house money day in view of the injuries. And finally, maybe she was over-hyped, but Wurzburger is a very good player. A seven made up of her, AH, Casey, Godine, Mottice, Dirks and someone else will score enough goals to keep them in every game.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:36 am
Def really misses BWW!!
Yeah, I don't follow goalkeeping the way you do, and I am certainly less informed about goalie mechanics, etc., but this was my takeaway too. UNC has had the relative luxury of a very able keeper for many years now, and the play by this youngster stood out for me yesterday.

My guess is that UNC rounds into a top five team, and they will assume every day is a house money day in view of the injuries. And finally, maybe she was over-hyped, but Wurzburger is a very good player. A seven made up of her, AH, Casey, Godine, Mottice, Dirks and someone else will score enough goals to keep them in every game.
The freshman Ingrilli had a nice day too
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:15 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:36 am
Def really misses BWW!!

The freshman Ingrilli had a nice day too
You are right; sorry, I didn’t mean to diminish her game by leaving her off the list.
whyamihere

Post by whyamihere »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:49 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 am Managed to catch most of the Delaware vs Lehigh game this AM. Jaclyn Marszal was a great get by AA. (AA is just a great human IMO.)

This begs the question with talent and the lack of usage by ND (where Marszal previously was). How many players does Halfpenny have on the roster that will not see the field, but could be an immediate impact player somewhere else? Halfpenny has been on record saying she would 100% offer a player if it took them away from an opponent. This did happen with Emma Murphy decommiting from U of M and moving to ND, where she hasn’t seen the field that much.

I may have to look through ND’s roster later today. They looked good last night but I cannot discount that EMU is a new program, so ND should look stellar.

Gotta wait to see about Delaware. It was against Lehigh who is running a new offense. They beat Lehigh in the opener last year as well. Last year Lehigh had three offensive players. One of them had an absolutely brutal game yesterday. As for the ND transfer she went to Delaware because her sister is the goalie. Actually two thirds of triplets. The goalie had 14 saves yesterday. Lehigh missed about 25 shots.
Lehigh took 28 shots, 21 on goal and 14 were saved
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Stanford-uva an interesting game today. Both are on the edge of the top 20. The game against liberty didn’t provide much data about UVAs ability to compete after losing 6 of 12 starters from last year. Stanford will provide a stiffer test and the cardinal program is looking to bounce back after a tough year last year. This is a toss up which I think uva wins through home field advantage…though I suspect a very tight game.
Next year this is an in conference matchup!!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”