Maryland 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: Maryland 2019

Post by Wheels »

Drcthru wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 pm Most likely a dislocated jaw. Painful after reduction but, not crippling. If so, he maybe GTG.
Even if it's a dislocated jaw, if he plays, he's a complete HOF tough guy. I know I'm getting soft as I get old, but even in my youth I was never that tough!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Wheels wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm
Drcthru wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 pm Most likely a dislocated jaw. Painful after reduction but, not crippling. If so, he maybe GTG.
Even if it's a dislocated jaw, if he plays, he's a complete HOF tough guy. I know I'm getting soft as I get old, but even in my youth I was never that tough!

I'm not purposely trolling you guys, but my call is this weekend is the end of the road for the '19 Terps squad. You could surprise the Tigers, but I don't think your team matches up well with Towson. And btw, I think Hennigsen will hold his own against Woodall or McNallen. It's just that I think their defense and goalie are kryptonite to this Terps squad.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong and that won't be the first time, but this game would make me nervous if I was a Terp fan.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

I’ve been nervous all season about Terps defense and goalie and turnover rate. Hope they can reverse the recent trend and beat the Tigers.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:21 am
I'm not purposely trolling you guys, but my call is this weekend is the end of the road for the '19 Terps squad. You could surprise the Tigers, but I don't think your team matches up well with Towson. And btw, I think Hennigsen will hold his own against Woodall or McNallen. It's just that I think their defense and goalie are kryptonite to this Terps squad.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong and that won't be the first time, but this game would make me nervous if I was a Terp fan.
Thanks for your input, but who cares. Who are you that we should care? Maybe you should post this on the Towson thread and make them happy, instead of antagonizing Terp fans on the Maryland thread. :idea:

The Terps will win or lose based on a variety of factors. In the end, losing to Hopkins twice has certainly taken Terp fans off their pedestal, and we will take what we can get, but I don't think many of us are expecting a title anymore.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Looks like Rambo, Heacock And Manis working with the team today
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Towson is a slow-to-slide defense that makes you win one-on-one battles. That's not what Hopkins did to the Terps. Hop slid quick and recovered well behind it, so that the Terps could never get their defense rotating long enough to get a really good shot. Towson can get spread out on defense.

Can Towson's offense do to Maryland what Hop's did? That's the question.

Is Maryland the team that 2 weeks ago was ranked 2nd in the country, or is Maryland the team that has lost its past 2 games by 5 goals each? We'll see, right?

But I'd rather be playing Towson than Penn or Yale.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Congratulations to Terp recruit, attackman Jack Sawyer (Calvert Hall) on being named to the Under Armour All-American team.

Sawyer joins Terp recruits attackman Dylan Pallonetti (Ward Melville) and goalie Logan McNaney (Salisbury School) on the team.

I think the thing one really appreciates with Jack Sawyer is how he has really stepped-up his game as a senior.
Live Free or Die!
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Wheels wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:04 pm Towson is a slow-to-slide defense that makes you win one-on-one battles. That's not what Hopkins did to the Terps. Hop slid quick and recovered well behind it, so that the Terps could never get their defense rotating long enough to get a really good shot. Towson can get spread out on defense.

Can Towson's offense do to Maryland what Hop's did? That's the question.

Is Maryland the team that 2 weeks ago was ranked 2nd in the country, or is Maryland the team that has lost its past 2 games by 5 goals each? We'll see, right?

But I'd rather be playing Towson than Penn or Yale.
Good observations. This year's team is such an enigma. Assuming the offense is focused (given the ridiculous turnovers this year, that is not a given), they should be fine scoring-wise. Bernhardt is the kind of athlete that can decide that he wants to win a national championship and actually do it. Hopefully he does, and Bubba follows along. Hopefully Long gets his chance, because he's a difference maker along with Wisnauskas and DeMaio.

Defense is just below par this year. There's just no shut down player on the team, which they've seemingly had every year for the last 2 decades. I don't know if Pugliese could play pole, but it seems like they need some athleticism in the back row. Hopefully something changes by Sunday.

Face offs and ground balls are not good. Team energy is even worse. This team just seems to be lacking leadership. Hopefully some of the guys step up.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Jared named as finalists for the Tewaaraton
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Article in the Washington post on Terps underdog status:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... 8320dd2cec

Article with a similar theme in the Diamondback
https://dbknews.com/2019/05/10/maryland ... an-towson/

“We’ve been fortunate enough for all the players that have come before us to kind of set the precedent on how to play. But for us, we’ve kind of just gotten away from that,” Fairman said. “And now we are the underdog because of that. So, I think we just need to get back to playing like Terps.”
Live Free or Die!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Not only did Heacock, Rambo, and Manis attend practice earlier in the week, Fairman was apparently really getting after it in practice. In the mid-week presser that they held (Tillman, Corley, and Fairman), they all sounded really confident. Not like a team coming in off 2 losses and sweating it out on Selection Sunday. Should be a really good game on Sunday.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Dolan is not good.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Beat stickside high ... bad.

This team makes more unforced errors ... D mids struggle
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Wow, a 5-0 run for Towson. :o

Time for Tillman to reset the Terps.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe he can get another transfer in before the end of the game. :shock: ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
laxtalker

Post by laxtalker »

Let's go Terps.
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

Goalie Dolan played better second half. After that the Terps had it all the way..... :?
Announcers harped on fact that the Terps stopped playing Towson during regular season. I have to agree that the in-state games are great for the game and the teams....playing Navy, JHU, UMBC, Towson is something that should happen. Less travel too...
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Obviously, SE PA here,
Proud of Kyle Long of course.
Some real SE PA talent on display this tournament,
Long, Ament.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

NoLeft wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:13 pm Goalie Dolan played better second half. After that the Terps had it all the way..... :?
I don’t blame Dolan.
He’s made the best with his abilities.
Took a chance, transferred in from UMass.
And now, Dolan will be starting in the Q finals.
No way I’m prepared to just chalk that game up in the UVA win column.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

NoLeft wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:13 pm Goalie Dolan played better second half. After that the Terps had it all the way..... :?
Announcers harped on fact that the Terps stopped playing Towson during regular season. I have to agree that the in-state games are great for the game and the teams....playing Navy, JHU, UMBC, Towson is something that should happen. Less travel too...
They stopped playing them because they had some down years and playing them wouldn't help the OOC schedule. Agree it would be great to play them every year now that they are a Top 20 program

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”