Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by OCanada »

600 DOJ prosecutors of both parties agree he obstructed justice and is still obstructing justice. It as if he walked down 5th and shot someone in front of witnesses.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm
old salt wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am A political investigation in search of a crime :

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... ing-to-end

Questions & contacts worthy of attention in the Horowitz, Huber & Barr inquiries & investigations :
(lots of former FBI assets involved, ...not to mention Azra Turk & Josef Mifsud).

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/23/7- ... edibility/
So you and the Federalist author are complaining about a political investigation in search of a crime.

And in response to this, you are calling for a political investigation in search of a crime.
It's not a SC or even a criminal investigation. It's an internal govt review.

Maybe everybody will get their jobs reinstated, with back pay & pensions restored.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

The Special Counsel statute was passed after the Clinton impeachment to protect peripheral innocents and sensitive information. It is also clear that a Special Counsel appointment may only originate from a criminal investigation, not a counter intelligence investigation. Unlike Mueller, if another SC is appointed, we will be talking multiple criminal investigations.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

And I can almost guarantee Bob Barr isn't meeting Don, Jr. on some random tarmac. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

He doesn't need to. Barr works for Daddy, remember?

Although if I was AG at the time, I would have arrested Bill Clinton the next damn day. That was basically the Clinton's way of saying "F-you America, we have our own set of rules". Ridiculous.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r hero Liar in Chief:

@realDonaldTrump

I was NOT going to fire Bob Mueller, and did not fire Bob Mueller. In fact, he was allowed to finish his Report with unprecedented help from the Trump Administration. Actually, lawyer Don McGahn had a much better chance of being fired than Mueller. Never a big fan!

Not only did he avoid testimony under oath, he is calling McGanh a Liar and is PREVENTING McGhan from testifying in front of Congress.

Deplorable
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am r hero Liar in Chief:

@realDonaldTrump

I was NOT going to fire Bob Mueller, and did not fire Bob Mueller. In fact, he was allowed to finish his Report with unprecedented help from the Trump Administration. Actually, lawyer Don McGahn had a much better chance of being fired than Mueller. Never a big fan!

Not only did he avoid testimony under oath, he is calling McGanh a Liar and is PREVENTING McGhan from testifying in front of Congress.

Deplorable
Seriously, after 30 hours of testimony for Mueller Report that leaves "obstruction" ambiguous at best, why should he testify further?

"Former White House counsel Don McGahn is refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena for documents related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, deferring to a last-minute instruction from the White House to disregard House Democrats' demands."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... na-1308802
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There is zero ambiguous on obstruction. Zero
tech37

Post by tech37 »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 am There is zero ambiguous on obstruction. Zero
That's your subjective opinion. There's the rub...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm
old salt wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am A political investigation in search of a crime :

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... ing-to-end

Questions & contacts worthy of attention in the Horowitz, Huber & Barr inquiries & investigations :
(lots of former FBI assets involved, ...not to mention Azra Turk & Josef Mifsud).

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/23/7- ... edibility/
So you and the Federalist author are complaining about a political investigation in search of a crime.

And in response to this, you are calling for a political investigation in search of a crime.
It's not a SC or even a criminal investigation. It's an internal govt review.

Maybe everybody will get their jobs reinstated, with back pay & pensions restored.
That's the job of the IG. If there's new evidence for the IG to look at, have at it.

But what Trump and Barr (and apparently you approve) is for a President to call for an investigation/prosecution of political opponents. Note, Trump is calling for prosecution.

In my book, that's a complete abuse of power.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun May 12, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 pm And I can almost guarantee Bob Barr isn't meeting Don, Jr. on some random tarmac. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"almost"...apparently there's all sorts of communication between Barr and the White House specific to the jeopardy they face.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:52 am

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable
Seriously, after 30 hours of testimony for Mueller Report that leaves "obstruction" ambiguous at best, why should he testify further?

"Former White House counsel Don McGahn is refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena for documents related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, deferring to a last-minute instruction from the White House to disregard House Democrats' demands."

Actually, tech37, it's now more than 800 former federal prosecutors who don't think it's 'ambiguous'. The number keeps going up and up, both R's and D's.

But your logic that McGahn met with the Mueller team for more than 30 hours, so now he shouldn't testify in front of Congress is quite specious. He's at the heart of the second volume (again, which 800 former fed prosecutors, both R's and D's say would be prosecuted). It's estimated that less than 3% of Americans have actually read the report (and clearly you haven't) so having him testify allows the American people at much larger scale to see him answer questions, assess his credibility, and listen to how Trump acted at various points in time. McGahn is a Republican, not a political enemy. First hand knowledge.

And, now we learn that Trump and co have twice more asked McGahn to publicly state that he didn't see Trump's actions as 'obstruction' and McGahn has again refused. So...what does he think is undoubtedly a question worth asking.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

Actually, tech37, it's now more than 800 former federal prosecutors who don't think it's 'ambiguous'. The number keeps going up and up, both R's and D's.

But your logic that McGahn met with the Mueller team for more than 30 hours, so now he shouldn't testify in front of Congress is quite specious. He's at the heart of the second volume (again, which 800 former fed prosecutors, both R's and D's say would be prosecuted). It's estimated that less than 3% of Americans have actually read the report (and clearly you haven't) so having him testify allows the American people at much larger scale to see him answer questions, assess his credibility, and listen to how Trump acted at various points in time. McGahn is a Republican, not a political enemy. First hand knowledge.

And, now we learn that Trump and co have twice more asked McGahn to publicly state that he didn't see Trump's actions as 'obstruction' and McGahn has again refused. So...what does he think is undoubtedly a question worth asking.
Would that not mean that all of these folks are interfering with an on going investigation? What does their 2 cents matter as opposed to the average joe/Jane? Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and every one else's stinks.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 am

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

Would that not mean that all of these folks are interfering with an on going investigation? What does their 2 cents matter as opposed to the average joe/Jane? Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and every one else's stinks.
Glib retort, without substance.

No, your initial question is flat dumb.
There's zero interference in the expression of an opinion, based upon professional judgment and experience.

These are folks, both R's and D's, who have actually made these sorts of prosecutorial judgments, and, based upon their actual reading of the Mueller Report, they are indicating that, given the facts presented in the Report they would prosecute (and thus expect to win) a case of obstruction of justice. But that's after Trump leaves office.

They have no authority, no power, other than the persuasion of their personal and collective credibility.

And, yeah, they have enormously more knowledge and insight into the law than knuckleheads with no such experience and who haven't even bothered to read the Report.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 am

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

There's zero interference in the expression of an opinion, based upon professional judgment and experience.

These are folks, both R's and D's, who have actually made these sorts of prosecutorial judgments, and, based upon their actual reading of the Mueller Report, they are indicating that, given the facts presented in the Report they would prosecute (and thus expect to win) a case of obstruction of justice. But that's after Trump leaves office.

They have no authority, no power, other than the persuasion of their personal and collective credibility.

And, yeah, they have enormously more knowledge and insight into the law than knuckleheads with no such experience and who haven't even bothered to read the Report.
Do you remember the letter signed by all of those PhD scientists that don't agree with gw/cc? They also have enormous knowledge on the subject of gw/cc? I understand you are some kind of Republican that does not require you to keep your head stuck in the sand. Can you tell me what intimate knowledge ANY of these people have with the the investigation? I know you are a Republican but I am sure you understand what an opinion is. :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:20 am

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

Do you remember the letter signed by all of those PhD scientists that don't agree with gw/cc? They also have enormous knowledge on the subject of gw/cc? I understand you are some kind of Republican that does not require you to keep your head stuck in the sand. Can you tell me what intimate knowledge ANY of these people have with the the investigation? I know you are a Republican but I am sure you understand what an opinion is. :D
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... al_warming

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/enviro ... g-evidence
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

They read the Report, cradle, as have I.

They are expressing their professional judgment, based upon the facts presented in the Report. They're saying that those facts support an obstruction charge(s). Hands down, they would prosecute. The standard for a prosecution is the professional, informed belief, based on facts and law, that a jury would be persuaded beyond a reasonable doubt of the guilt of the indicted party.

Mueller lays out a very clear case, both of facts and law, including several instances in which he found that the provable facts met all 3 elements necessary for successful prosecution.

He specifically notes that, based on the OLC, he chose not to prosecute given Trump's current status as POTUS, but he immediately notes that his intent is to preserve a record of the investigation's findings and that a President can be prosecuted after leaving office.

These 800+ former federal prosecutors have read the detailed recitation of the evidence and agree that in at least some instances (as Mueller does) all elements are met and a prosecution would be merited (as Mueller implies).

Obstruction of justice is not an area of the law that is outside the normal practice of a federal prosecutor (unlike a PhD of one area of science opining on an area outside their expertise). If this was say 800+ real estate lawyers opining, or perhaps 800+ insurance adjusters opining, sure you'd have an argument, but these are are all guys and gals who actually faced and prosecuted obstruction of justice. Both R's and D's.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

No tech. Your comment is your opinion. It is baseless and without form. Others have paid out the facts so I don’t have to. There are people that are ignorant enough to claim the earth is flat. All the legal standards gmbsce been met and the fact has been attested to by professionals that k is it a d deal with it.

But go hard and make your case. Lay it out. What are the legal standards, how is the crime defined, where do the facts fall short.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 pm

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

They are expressing their professional judgment, based upon the facts presented in the Report. They're saying that those facts support an obstruction charge(s). Hands down, they would prosecute. The standard for a prosecution is the professional, informed belief, based on facts and law, that a jury would be persuaded beyond a reasonable doubt of the guilt of the indicted party.

Mueller lays out a very clear case, both of facts and law, including several instances in which he found that the provable facts met all 3 elements necessary for successful prosecution.

He specifically notes that, based on the OLC, he chose not to prosecute given Trump's current status as POTUS, but he immediately notes that his intent is to preserve a record of the investigation's findings and that a President can be prosecuted after leaving office.

These 800+ former federal prosecutors have read the detailed recitation of the evidence and agree that in at least some instances (as Mueller does) all elements are met and a prosecution would be merited (as Mueller implies).

Obstruction of justice is not an area of the law that is outside the normal practice of a federal prosecutor (unlike a PhD of one area of science opining on an area outside their expertise). If this was say 800+ real estate lawyers opining, or perhaps 800+ insurance adjusters opining, sure you'd have an argument, but these are are all guys and gals who actually faced and prosecuted obstruction of justice. Both R's and D's.
https://apnews.com/d56d81530f1a4633ac9540187a806806 This entire matter could be put to bed if Mueller could tell the American people first hand what he found out. It has now been left to pundits on both sides trying to interpret this gobbledygook of a report. After 2 years plus of investigating Mueller hands the ball off to Barr and says you explain it Bill. There could be and probably are many of thousands of lawyers with opinions both pro and con about what the report actually says. If Mueller thinks there is more to be discovered... WHY DID HE NOT SAY SO? The only thing I gather is that Mueller suspects there was a lot of skullduggery but it just can't be proven. Surprise... surprise, the Republicans say case closed, the Democrats want to keep digging. That is how the game will now be played. In the meantime the Russians are laughing their fannies off watching us chase our tails. We can only wonder what shenanigans Vlad has planned for 2020. I still wonder how that dumb cluck Donnie being as stupid as everybody here says he is pulled off the crime of the century? He and Vlad stole the election and didn't even leave enough crumbs for Bob Mueller to find anything wrong. What we really needed was Lt. Columbo. He would have figured it out... I got just one more question for you Donnie.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 pm

@realDonaldTrump

Deplorable

Then please explain why Mueller punted the ball when he was on the goal line? He and Barr had to have talked in detail about the report. If Barr mischaracterized what he was saying he should be hopping mad and badly wanting to clear the air. None of Muellers actions make any sense. He was the lead dog for this entire investigation. He has to step up and fill in the blanks. He picked a pretty poor time to become all wishy washy about what his conclusions were or were not. Instead of a report that answered all the important questions even more questions now need to be answered.

Return to “POLITICS”