Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... grant-bab/ Here is a brilliant government solution to a very complicated problem... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/ ... 837856.php For being "manufactured" it sure has turned into a crisis... :roll: Congress could fix this in a single day if they really wanted to.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There is the fake Venezuela coup too. Manufactured by the administration. Congress had deals on amnesty and immigration. They were rejected by the WH and over the years by the GOP. It was among several reasons Boehner resigned and the worst speaker in my lifetime. imo, got into the office
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 am There is the fake Venezuela coup too. Manufactured by the administration. Congress had deals on amnesty and immigration. They were rejected by the WH and over the years by the GOP. It was among several reasons Boehner resigned and the worst speaker in my lifetime. imo, got into the office
There is nothing fake about the staggering number of people flooding in to our country. I wonder when even the brain trust in DC will realize it actually is a crisis and work to do something about it. The problem at the border has been ignored for decades. It is now finding a way to bite our nation in the arse.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

For years it declined and has recently increased none of the numbers amount to a critical mass. It is not unlike the fake Venezuela coup. It is a problem and needs to be resolved. Offers on the table rejected because you know keep the base motivated. If you settle it takes it off the table as a campaign and fund raising issue
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Well, now we know that the US Military (AKA Swamp) budget has billions of wasted money:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 3c5f9c9849

I hope that Congress knows to cut funding with the next budget.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:33 pm Well, now we know that the US Military (AKA Swamp) budget has billions of wasted money:

"I hope that Congress knows to cut funding with the next budget." That should be true of almost every program in the federal budget. but it will never happen, not now and probably not ever.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:33 pm For years it declined and has recently increased none of the numbers amount to a critical mass. It is not unlike the fake Venezuela coup. It is a problem and needs to be resolved. Offers on the table rejected because you know keep the base motivated. If you settle it takes it off the table as a campaign and fund raising issue
Bingo... 100% they can't fix the problem because they need the problem to win re-election. The issue could have been fixed a long time ago. I think it has reached critical mass. We can no longer provide proper shelter, food and medical care. The numbers are staggering and resources are just not there to handle it.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:33 pm Well, now we know that the US Military (AKA Swamp) budget has billions of wasted money:

"I hope that Congress knows to cut funding with the next budget." That should be true of almost every program in the federal budget. but it will never happen, not now and probably not ever.
Pentagon couch change.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Pentagon can’t account for more than one trillion if memory serves but it might be billions instead. Either way inexcusably poor. Taking money from Afghanistan is deplorable
a fan

Post by a fan »

Another big point for trump. Instead of bombs, he uses the money for his wall. Real libs should be thrilled!
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

It's Immigration week....Javanka's plan:
Here are the elements of the proposal as described to reporters:

Securing the border: Finishing the border wall

Protecting American wages: Stemming the flow of low-wage labor

Attract and retain the best and brightest immigrants

Prioritize nuclear families: It would limit which family members can come to the country to children and spouses

Import labor for critical industries

Preserve humanitarian values: Keep asylum system, but limit it.
Looks like the Dreamer issue has been solved....along with the rest of the undocumented. :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Lolololol. What a joke.

First most illegals are smuggled across not walking across and going through check points.

The middle class and wages have been harmed by mostly republican policies and multinationals like Walmart.

Stemming the flow of low cost labor?? Please. We need people to work at those wages because no one will do them otherwise. Like last year

Attract and retain the best and brightest immigrants. How is that defined? How are they identified?

Let me share my story.

A kid’s family loses its family income when their business is closed down by Mexican authorities because fuel tanks are leaking and polluting the ground. The son hops the fence at the border to pick vegetables in the Imperial Valley. He meets a girl, learns English and goes to a community college. He then goes to Berkeley and graduates. Then to Harvard Medical School where he gives the commencement speech. He becomes a brain surgeon. He arrives at Hopkins where shortly after he meets my step son who is admitted after having a seizure. There he is diagnosed with a malignant brain tumors. Over the next four years he performs three craniotomies and becomes a very close family friend. For most of that time my stepson runs marathons, graduates from law school and raises money fir brain cancer research. He writes the textbook for brain surgery. He moves to the Mayo Clinic where he becomes head of neurosurgery and research. He has a lot of people reporting to him. He starts Mission Brain. He goes to third world country to teach and perform, with his team, surgeries for people who would never get them without him.

He never gets in this country because he would not meet the definition of best but I am betting none that do will accomplish half the good he has. He is known as Dr Q or Alfredo to his friends. He has been featured on tv, received more awards than I can name here. He is married to the girl he met all those years ago and has great kids. He has done more good than any of those grifters
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Looks like Mexico, I mean US Citizens, is going to start paying Tariffs on goods from across the big and beautiful wall that Mexico, I mean US Citizens are paying for.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrat ... 72f5fc7e42

Good thing that NAFTA was fixed, I am rebranded, in time to allow for these MAGA tariffs.

r's are such idiots.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

The American Farm Bureau Federation notes that “50-70 percent of farm laborers in the country today are unauthorized.” Why so many? Because “few U.S. workers are willing to fill available farm labor jobs.” It’s not possible, then, simply to replace this workforce with American citizens. The only question is whether foreign-born workers will produce our food here in the U.S. or in other countries for us to import.

There’s a three-step solution: First, ensure a viable guest-worker program for the effective inflow of farmworkers. They’re often called low-skilled, but many are highly skilled for specific and essential jobs.

Second, workers who are otherwise in good legal standing should have the opportunity to earn legal status. That would provide safety for them, and much-needed stability for their employers.

Third, pass laws that enable a system of legal workers and secure borders. This will ensure we’re not back at this same place 30 years from now.
Works for me...just about anything would be a good start.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-f ... 1559258759
CU88

Post by CU88 »

All these jokers care about is money and jobs:

Our take:“Imposing tariffs on goods from Mexico is exactly the wrong move. These tariffs will be paid by American families and businesses without doing a thing to solve the very real problems at the border. Instead, Congress and the president need to work together to address the serious problems at the border.” – Neil Bradley, U.S. Chamber Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer

https://www.uschamber.com/series/above- ... 13628888=1
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:55 am All these jokers care about is money and jobs:

Our take:“Imposing tariffs on goods from Mexico is exactly the wrong move. These tariffs will be paid by American families and businesses without doing a thing to solve the very real problems at the border. Instead, Congress and the president need to work together to address the serious problems at the border.” – Neil Bradley, U.S. Chamber Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer

Peter Navarro and Trump seem to be the only ones who think this is a good approach.
a fan

Post by a fan »

And FoxNation and Trump fans.

Fellas, you understand the spin will be that Trump is forced to do this by the Dems, right?

Everything is someone else's fault. Republican voters will accept this without question. Because it's simply un-possible that anything bad is the fault of someone with a R by their name.

Watch. Denial raised to the level of an art.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm Lolololol. What a joke.

First most illegals are smuggled across not walking across and going through check points.

The middle class and wages have been harmed by mostly republican policies and multinationals like Walmart. Wrong/ TAATS applies

Stemming the flow of low cost labor?? Please. We need people to work at those wages because no one will do them otherwise. Like last year Complete BS. Offspring washes dishes in a restaurants. You would sit with me, 6foot, Dmac, old salt etc if you were getting paid $5k an hour. It's NOT the jobs.....its the PAY. typical pretend liberal answer tho, good job :roll:

Attract and retain the best and brightest immigrants. How is that defined? How are they identified?

Let me share my story.

A kid’s family loses its family income when their business is closed down by Mexican authorities because fuel tanks are leaking and polluting the ground.Am I the only one that notices you gloos over someone that pollutes the ground water, endangering so many humans and nature? Sounds like a CONservative/GOP business owner to me ;) The son hops the fence at the border to pick vegetables in the Imperial Valley. He meets a girl, learns English and goes to a community college. He then goes to Berkeley and graduates. Then to Harvard Medical School where he gives the commencement speech. He becomes a brain surgeon. Did he take out loans? Get a scholarship? He arrives at Hopkins where shortly after he meets my step son who is admitted after having a seizure. There he is diagnosed with a malignant brain tumors. Over the next four years he performs three craniotomies and becomes a very close family friend. For most of that time my stepson runs marathons, graduates from law school and raises money fir brain cancer research. He writes the textbook for brain surgery. He moves to the Mayo Clinic where he becomes head of neurosurgery and research. He has a lot of people reporting to him. He starts Mission Brain. He goes to third world country to teach and perform, with his team, surgeries for people who would never get them without him.

Yup, awesome story. Myself, and others, can tell similar ones. For folks from the deplorable areas of the US. Or inner cities. (Ben Carson ! ) Real smart children living a close to Hopkins that can't even afford to attend community college.

He never gets in this country because he would not meet the definition of best but I am betting none that do will accomplish half the good he has. He is known as Dr Q or Alfredo to his friends. He has been featured on tv, received more awards than I can name here. He is married to the girl he met all those years ago and has great kids. He has done more good than any of those grifters
Illegals are about feel good slavery. NO one :roll: will pick the crops, so the owners of farms (private/public) , they just want to pay as little as possible. I don't think you realize that this example/argument sounds very similar to what anti-abortion folks use as examples of why they shouldn't be allowed. (Beethoven )

Ocanada....do us all a favor. Do some research into WHO wrote the legislation/laws (and voted AYE to support it) that allow migrant workers to NOT get paid Minimum wage. No benefits. NO overtime, etc. Any pretend liberals/Democrats elected in California? Heard there are some farms there :roll:
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:55 am All these jokers care about is money and jobs:

"But lettuce will be more expensive, we can't have that! we NEED illegals to get paid $30 for a 10 hour day.", says the person that just spent $14 for ONE beer at the n$aa's in Philly.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri May 31, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”