Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Don't you just love Fox "News" ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:58 pm Don't you just love Fox "News" ?
I wonder if Tish James can sue them or charge the network with a crime?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:04 pm
I dunno, you think they've done criminal acts that could be proven in court before a jury with due process etc?

Or they're just scummy media whores with no regard for the truth?

I'm good with all the civil lawsuits for defamation and abuse of women employees etc.
They're inveterate losers in those many cases.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:12 pm
I dunno, you think they've done criminal acts that could be proven in court before a jury with due process etc?

I'm good with all the civil lawsuits for defamation and abuse of women employees etc.
I'm sure if Tish looks deep enough and long enough she can find something. As far as Fox goes nobody that I know of is holding a gun to your head and making you watch that particular network. When you don't have cable TV like myself it never is an issue. I receive my nightly indoctrination from Lester Holt every night at 6:30 Actually he is just background noise while we eat.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 pm The crisis is that they are being allowed entry before they have been granted, or even applied for, work authorization.
No. That's your INVENTED crisis. You still think we didn't have a single illegal worker in the US until Biden showed up.

All that needs to happen is to have a Federal official with a smartphone and a printer, waltz down to the bridge at I-70, and hand out Federal Work Visas, take pictures and info, and upload them to DC servers. Boom, done.

But we're acting like "gee whiz, this is too hard".
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 pm Contact your Mayor & offer to support or start a NGO to help them apply & subsist until processed. Volunteer to be a culturally competent navigator.
Pres Biden did not need to grant a blanket parole allowing entry to all your new Venezuelan neighbors.
We have those already, as you very well know. And the City, State, and County of Denver moved government FTE's over to provide help.

None of it does a thing, because.....like I've been telling you for over a decade now....the actual immigration system is broken.

As you perfectly well know, I railed against the Sanctuary cities as that happened. But if you and your buds want to play "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" with sanctuary cities? Go right ahead. Let them take resources away from the Working Class, OS. The rich libs out here are fine, as always.

Vote Trump, OS. He'll fix it. That solves every one of your problems with America: get that R in the White House.
old salt

Post by old salt »

How predictable. Don't you just love facts that do not support your agenda.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:57 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 pm The crisis is that they are being allowed entry before they have been granted, or even applied for, work authorization.
No. That's your INVENTED crisis. You still think we didn't have a single illegal worker in the US until Biden showed up.

All that needs to happen is to have a Federal official with a smartphone and a printer, waltz down to the bridge at I-70, and hand out Federal Work Visas, take pictures and info, and upload them to DC servers. Boom, done.

But we're acting like "gee whiz, this is too hard".
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 pm Contact your Mayor & offer to support or start a NGO to help them apply & subsist until processed. Volunteer to be a culturally competent navigator.
Pres Biden did not need to grant a blanket parole allowing entry to all your new Venezuelan neighbors.
We have those already, as you very well know. And the City, State, and County of Denver moved government FTE's over to provide help.

None of it does a thing, because.....like I've been telling you for over a decade now....the actual immigration system is broken.

As you perfectly well know, I railed against the Sanctuary cities as that happened. But if you and your buds want to play "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" with sanctuary cities? Go right ahead. Let them take resources away from the Working Class, OS. The rich libs out here are fine, as always.

Vote Trump, OS. He'll fix it. That solves every one of your problems with America: get that R in the White House.
Tell your neighbors in Denver that it's all an INVENTED crisis. How many migrants from Venezuela did Trump allow in under parole ?

Can the Fed with a smartphone take their biometrics & check their international criminal history with a smart phone, on the spot.
What if they beat him up because he's a NYC cop ? ...& if he has an outstanding warrant, they can't turn him over to ICE.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 pm Tell your neighbors in Denver that it's all an INVENTED crisis. How many migrants from Venezuela did Trump allow in under parole ?
:lol: We've had mass migrations of people to Denver the last decade from places like Afghanistan and Ukraine. Handled it NO PROBLEM.

Wanna take a wild-*ssed guess as to how this is different? Hint: it rhymes with "Vork Wisas."
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 pm Can the Fed with a smartphone take their biometrics & check their international criminal history with a smart phone, on the spot.
What if they beat him up because he's a NYC cop ? ...& if he has an outstanding warrant, they can't turn him over to ICE.
Come on, OS. Are you REALLY going to throw this at me?

What are we doing NOW with 10 million people? People that ain't in the system AT ALL?

You're playing the stupid Republican game where you compare status quo to some magic-fairyland perfect system that we don't have....instead of the ACTUAL REALITY of the last 40+ years where we have NO CLUE who these people are to the tune of MILLIONS of people. All so that Congress can shoot down ANY bill that isn't perfect, so that they can count on your vote next election. It works, obviously, because you're on here with your "BIden is bad" nonsense.

National Review wants you to keep voting Republican, so they never bother pointing out that the CORRECT comparison of a new immigration bill is simple: Is this better than the status quo? That's it. That's the bar. Not some made-up, non-existent well run system.

ANY BILL could get over this bar.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:22 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 pm Tell your neighbors in Denver that it's all an INVENTED crisis. How many migrants from Venezuela did Trump allow in under parole ?
:lol: We've had mass migrations of people to Denver the last decade from places like Afghanistan and Ukraine. Handled it NO PROBLEM.

Wanna take a wild-*ssed guess as to how this is different? Hint: it rhymes with "Vork Wisas."
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 pm Can the Fed with a smartphone take their biometrics & check their international criminal history with a smart phone, on the spot.

What are we doing NOW with 10 million people? People that ain't in the system AT ALL?

You're playing the stupid Republican game where you compare status quo to some magic-fairyland perfect system that we don't have....instead of the ACTUAL REALITY of the last 40+ years where we have NO CLUE who these people are to the tune of MILLIONS of people. All so that Congress can shoot down ANY bill that isn't perfect, so that they can count on your vote next election. It works, obviously, because you're on here with your "BIden is bad" nonsense.

National Review wants you to keep voting Republican, so they never bother pointing out that the CORRECT comparison of a new immigration bill is simple: Is this better than the status quo? That's it. That's the bar. Not some made-up, non-existent well run system.

So things are not any different now in Denver ? Better tell your Governor & Mayor.

Looks like the Afghan & Ukrainian migrant parolees follow the same process as the Venezuelan parolees, except they started earlier before they entered the US. ...& they didn't arrive unannounced.
https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/c ... -to-parole
Biden could empty Venezuela into the US in record time, but he couldn't get our allies out of Afghanistan before he bailed, even though he was setting the timeline.

Your instant work visa program is the magic fairy land perfect system.

You don't know what's in the "new" immigration bill. They haven't told us yet.
We do know what's in HR 2 & the Dignity Act. The House has passed HR 2.
Either would go a long way toward stopping the crisis.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:16 amYou don't know what's in the "new" immigration bill. They haven't told us yet.
We do know what's in HR 2 & the Dignity Act. The House has passed HR 2.
Either would go a long way toward stopping the crisis.
HR2 was NEVER a serious attempt at border security OR immigration policy more broadly.

Republicans’ H.R. 2 Anti-Immigrant Bill: Designed for Right-Wing Political Fundraising, Not Workable Solutions
The House GOP’s legislative vision is a grab-bag of cruel, unworkable and extreme policies that would add more chaos and dysfunction to an already broken immigration system rather than advancing serious and popular solutions. But, it will provide fodder for their campaign fundraising and segments in the guest chair on FOX News, as the accompanying messaging summary from Speaker Kevin McCarthy demonstrates.

H.R. 2 is the perfect encapsulation of the 12 anti-immigrant congressional hearings held thus far in the GOP majority – devoid of solutions but rife with opportunities for photo ops and demagoguery. There are three key things to know about H.R. 2:

It’s about fundraising and talking points: It is highly unlikely this Republican-only bill will end up on Biden’s desk, and they crafted their proposal fully intent on it never having a chance to become law. Instead, H.R. 2 is designed for campaign fundraising emails, political stunts and partisan talking points. Fear-mongering about the border has become a mainstay of GOP political ads, and fundraising pitches, and H.R.2 keeps the con going by promising their base they are working on the issue with full knowledge that they are prolonging border challenges. They are literally banking on more chaos to fuel their cynical political fundraising and messaging attacks.

It’s cruel and extreme: The legislation is the kind of anti-immigrant extremism that makes Stephen Miller giddy and receives vocal support from hate groups, including FAIR. The GOP bill would gut asylum, increase child and family detention, and create a show-me-your-papers scenario in the midst of future natural disaster relief efforts. It’s not where the American people are. According to one recent poll, most Americans agree that the U.S. should provide people fleeing persecution and other factors access to the asylum system. In a time of worker shortages that are driving inflationary pressures, their bill does nothing to allow long-term immigrants like Dreamers to work legally nor help hard-pressed industries in the service, construction and agriculture sectors.

It’s unworkable and would add more chaos and inhumanity at the border: Beyond cruelty, there are no solutions in the bill. The centerpiece is, again, Trump’s wasteful and ineffective wall – breached more than 3,000 times per a 2022 Washington Post story. As we have noted, it’s a $15 billion border wall that can be cut through with a $15 dollar hand saw. Meanwhile, the GOP legislation would destroy legal pathways including parole programs that create new legal pathways to the U.S. that alleviate pressures at the border. The legislation also would strip funding used to process migrants and asylum seekers who arrive between ports of entry – a provision that not only would violate the law, but would add more chaos and inhumanity.
Ask James Lankford how bipartisan the current proposal in the Senate is and you'll realize why, today Republicans Agonize Over Supporting Bipartisan Border Bill They'd Insisted On

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:24 pm

I'm sure if Tish looks deep enough and long enough she can find something. As far as Fox goes nobody that I know of is holding a gun to your head and making you watch that particular network. When you don't have cable TV like myself it never is an issue. I receive my nightly indoctrination from Lester Holt every night at 6:30 Actually he is just background noise while we eat.
Yeah, you consume your Chinese and Russian propaganda through your Chinese app instead of Fox, OAN, Newsmax on tv. Except Fox ‘News’ promotes articles like the one I was referencing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:09 pm
How predictable. Don't you just love facts that do not support your agenda.
“Alternative facts” :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:21 am

Yeah, you consume your Chinese and Russian propaganda through your Chinese app instead of Fox, OAN, Newsmax on tv. Except Fox ‘News’ promotes articles like the one I was referencing.
You crack me up.
:lol:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:21 am

I'm sure if Tish looks deep enough and long enough she can find something. As far as Fox goes nobody that I know of is holding a gun to your head and making you watch that particular network. When you don't have cable TV like myself it never is an issue. I receive my :nightly indoctrination from Lester Holt every night at 6:30 Actually he is just background noise while we eat.
You crack me up.
:lol:
Likewise.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:16 am

So things are not any different now in Denver ? Better tell your Governor & Mayor.

Looks like the Afghan & Ukrainian migrant parolees follow the same process as the Venezuelan parolees, except they started earlier before they entered the US. ...& they didn't arrive unannounced.
Biden could empty Venezuela into the US in record time, but he couldn't get our allies out of Afghanistan before he bailed, even though he was setting the timeline.

No. It isn't perfect. But it is 100 times better than the status quo. Try paying attention.

It makes it so the people here can work. Which fixes about 75% of the problem. Now they're mucking in, instead of just consuming services. Our labor problems are lessened. And employers can legally hire them. That solves several problems at once, with one stupid piece of paper.

It's better than YOUR system, which is: vote Republican, and then MAINTAIN STATUS QUO. That's YOUR solution. :roll:

Minute Trump arrived, alllllllll your complaints about immigration went poof.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:06 am
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:16 am

No. It isn't perfect. But it is 100 times better than the status quo. Try paying attention.

It makes it so the people here can work. Which fixes about 75% of the problem. Now they're mucking in, instead of just consuming services. Our labor problems are lessened. And employers can legally hire them. That solves several problems at once, with one stupid piece of paper.

It's better than YOUR system, which is: vote Republican, and then MAINTAIN STATUS QUO. That's YOUR solution. :roll:

Minute Trump arrived, alllllllll your complaints about immigration went poof.
Some immigrants want to work. Some immigrants enjoy life in their new homeland by beating the chit out of a couple of NYC police officers. That is a rather odd way of expressing your gratitude for your new homeland. :roll:

Is it trumps fault a Fan that Denver Health has an enormous problem being the sole health care provider for asylum seekers residing in Denver? A 130+ million in unrembursed medical costs tends to be problematic after awhile
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:25 am Some immigrants want to work. Some immigrants enjoy life in their new homeland by beating the chit out of a couple of NYC police officers. That is a rather odd way of expressing your gratitude for your new homeland. :roll:
And right now, they're running around with no documents at all. I want that changed.
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:25 am Is it trumps fault a Fan that Denver Health has an enormous problem being the sole health care provider for asylum seekers residing in Denver? A 130+ million in unrembursed medical costs tends to be problematic after awhile
And if they're working, and contributing to the tax base, does that pay that bill down, or not?

Right now? We're doing nothing. Do you think that's better?

How many millions of people here don't pay their full allotment of taxes? Are we REALLY so stupid that we're not working 24/7 to give these people work visas so that they can contribute to the economy fully?

And you know perfectly well I'm not blaming Trump for 10 million+ illegal workers. What I AM blaming him for, is the he campaigned on the idea that he would fix our immigration system. He didn't do that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:25 am Some immigrants want to work. Some immigrants enjoy life in their new homeland by beating the chit out of a couple of NYC police officers. That is a rather odd way of expressing your gratitude for your new homeland. :roll:
And right now, they're running around with no documents at all. I want that changed.
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:25 am Is it trumps fault a Fan that Denver Health has an enormous problem being the sole health care provider for asylum seekers residing in Denver? A 130+ million in unrembursed medical costs tends to be problematic after awhile
And if they're working, and contributing to the tax base, does that pay that bill down, or not?

How many millions of people here don't pay their full allotment of taxes? Are we REALLY so stupid that we're not working 24/7 to give these people work visas so that they can contribute to the economy fully?

And you know perfectly well I'm not blaming Trump for 10 million+ illegal workers. What I AM blaming him for, is the he campaigned on the idea that he would fix our immigration system. He didn't do that.
What I'm blaming President Biden for is that his policy towards the southern border has been beyond a total disaster. I have yet to hear any unbiased person say otherwise. What are the details in this new scheme to fix the immigration problem at the southern border? In reality the only thing both sides need to do is delay this issue until after November. Then immigration won't be an issue anymore. Well except for maybe in Texas.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Probably just had a bad nights rest: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1753429 ... 67946?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:57 am
a fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:39 am

What I'm blaming President Biden for is that his policy towards the southern border has been beyond a total disaster. I have yet to hear any unbiased person say otherwise. What are the details in this new scheme to fix the immigration problem at the southern border? In reality the only thing both sides need to do is delay this issue until after November. Then immigration won't be an issue anymore. Well except for maybe in Texas.
I dunno, the border is out of control, the system is broken, but the surge in immigration preceded Biden's "policy" tenure. It's worse, but same trajectory.

Voters currently think MAGA Republicans care more about the border, but it's now super obvious that this is merely performative and political posturing.

Those who are actually serious are getting called RINO's because the answers they are negotiating would reduce the chaos and that's what Trump has told them he doesn't want...don't let Biden be successful in stemming the tide. No solutions will be funded if Trump/MAGA gets their way.

If I was running the Biden Campaign I'd be advising political jiu jitsu...make it clear that you do care deeply about the chaos, the fentanyl, the burden on border states and throughout the country of millions of people not allowed to work. Hammer it again and again. Call out the cartels, issue EO's as helpful. Visit border towns numerous times and draw a spotlight on MAGA's unwillingness to resource the solutions.

I don't know if they have those political instincts, but I'd be seizing the issue hard and flipping the script.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”