All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm You are one acrimonious individual.
I call spades spades.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:07 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:18 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am "with no evidence whatsoever" (your words)... how would you know if you aren't paying attention and/or want to shut down new voices and ideas that could help solve public health issues now and in future?
FFS, Tech. Because it would be global news. You are STILL speculating, and making plans for when you "prove" where Covid came from.
:roll: It kinda is global news.

I admit that I can't read or refute this sh(t. Why are you unable to do the same?
If that's the case, how can you dismiss with such certainty new ideas or anyone who continues to ask questions or speculate? Logic.
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am :roll: So now you're telling me what I think and "I don't care"? You do realize that that is example of colossal ego... I would never try telling anyone what they actually think or that they "don't ACTUALLY CARE" about something.
Logic. You NEVER post anything here that shows your theory is wrong, or has massive holes in it. All you post are things that affirm your beliefs that you "arrived at" four years ago.
:lol: My "theory"? What theory? And I certainly don't need to post anything to prove anything "wrong" when we have you and "every other poster here" (all 3 of them) to dispute/denigrate/kill any new ideas. Logic.
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am If you can't figure out why we should all care that research continues that could lead to another pandemic, there's nothing more to say.
In this case, I choose to be open minded to those who err on the side of caution.[/color][/b]
Strawman. No one said that it didn't come from a freaking Chinese lab. What folks said was------WAY THE F BACK IN 2020------is that you're an idiot if you think you're SURE it came from a Chinese lab way back in 2020. And that, my man, is 100% accurate.

The annoying part, and the part that TLD and others understand perfectly well....is that if Fauci had come out and said that Covid came from a Chinese lab back in 2020? You and your buds would take to the internet, and tell the world that "Fauci is hiding something! He can't possibly know that Covid came from a Chinese lab! We demand to see his evidence!"

THAT is what everyone is mocking here, Tech. You don't get that, and there's obviously nothing I can do to get you to have five seconds of self awareness to understand the game you're playing, where no matter what they do, 'mainstream medicine" is lying/tricking/covering-up/trying-to-kill-you.

The fact that you call it "mainstream medicine" or "the establishment" says it all. As if every 1st world country's top doctors get together in Dr. Evil's "underground lair" every week, to conspire as to how they're going to lie to Tech and his buds this week.
Suit yourself a fan including all your spin, distraction, projection, and mischaracterization. ;)
Right. Every other poster here understands and agrees with every point I'm making to you...and you can't refute ANY of them, so you instead call it "spin" and run to mommy, ducking any actual dialog. Dialog that you have ZERO interest in, naturally. Oh no! I can't handle someone who refutes my points easily! :roll:
Really? "every other poster here" (all 3 of them)... so what? I'm not refuting anything. Now try thinking beyond your bluster a fan, this started because I posted a current, comprehensive podcast, that IMO raises very interesting, logical questions. I suppose that's Dunning-Kruger in your mind :roll:
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:18 pm I know you say you don't care but are you aware that in your state, Colorado State University has a new multimillion dollar facility, the sole purpose being to research bats and associated viruses? What could possibly go wrong!?
Oh no! Not more ACTUAL scientists trying to move the field forward!?! Trying to keep Americans and Coloradan's and my family healthy and well!! Those BASTARDS!
:lol: Please explain "actual." You're ridiculous.

Well...obviously you and TeamTinFoil need to put a stop to this, what with your DEEP understanding of how science and public health is.
Here's some recent background news on what is going on in your state, it's all "TeamTinFoil" of course:

Colorado State University faces backlash over plans for new NIH-funded bat research lab
https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-06-30- ... earch.html

Other background:

U.S. halts funding for new risky virus studies, calls for voluntary moratorium (2014 Obama Admin decision)
https://www.science.org/content/article ... moratorium

Gain-of-function on the hot seat (more recent deliberation)
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/fu ... t-00115575

And I'm surprised that they didn't offer you a tenured post, what with all your brilliant insights into how we should deal with viruses. What was your recent advice? Oh, right: use AI to "speed up approval of vaccines" on the one hand....and lose your mind because (checks notes) the FDA had the gall to "speed up the approval of vaccines". BRILLIANT work, Dr. Tech.
Huh. You ask me "what would you do" and I optimistically suggest AI might be helpful in the future. Then you yell Dunning-Kruger! or call me Dr.Tech and other names. And if I don't answer your direct questions you yell "you're running home to mommy." What a good-faith, honest broker you are a fan. :roll:

Bullying tactics on your part as well.
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

>>I posted a current, comprehensive podcast, that IMO raises very interesting, logical questions. I suppose that's Dunning-Kruger in your mind :roll:<<

What is current about speculation that the Chinese virus was engineered in a lab? You had that take in 2020. The established scientific community has not seen any evidence to support that claim. What was new was the release of information based on the FOIA that detailed how Fauci and his crew considered it, investigated it and found nothing and moved on. That is what “vindicated” the lab leak theory which was further expanded into it was proven to be “engineered”.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:20 am >>I posted a current, comprehensive podcast, that IMO raises very interesting, logical questions. I suppose that's Dunning-Kruger in your mind :roll:<<

What is current about speculation that the Chinese virus was engineered in a lab? You had that take in 2020. The established scientific community has not seen any evidence to support that claim. What was new was the release of information based on the FOIA that detailed how Fauci and his crew considered it, investigated it and found nothing and moved on. That is what “vindicated” the lab leak theory which was further expanded into it was proven to be “engineered”.
"Current" means it was recently publlshed. :roll:

Define "established scientific community."
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:20 am >>I posted a current, comprehensive podcast, that IMO raises very interesting, logical questions. I suppose that's Dunning-Kruger in your mind :roll:<<

"Current" means it was recently publlshed. :roll:

Define "established scientific community."
Scientists you don’t agree with…. Gilligan’s Island was on yesterday…. It was a current broadcast.
Typical Lax Dad

>> The scientific community is made up of researchers, students, lab technicians, the people who work at scientific journals, employees at funding agencies — in short, anyone who helps science govern itself and move forward. <<

A sharper take and a better choice of words for me should have been “scientific consensus”. The Princeton guy is in fact part of the established scientific community.

Scientific consensus is the generally held judgment, position, and opinion of the majority or the supermajority of scientists in a particular field of study at any particular time.

We get “science” wrong. But proving science wrong comes with new evidence that gets validated with consensus. The Princeton guy agreed with the Hopkins guy that he could be wrong. The consensus is that he is wrong. He can always produce more evidence or work with others to produce it but the Orientals are probably hiding it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Case closed? Those racist SOBs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyRhkcQKo9U
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 am Case closed? Those racist SOBs!

That’s just an I Dream Of Genie re-boot….

>>. On February 7, Farrar notified Fauci and Collins that new preliminary data had come in from China concerning coronaviruses found in pangolins, one of the world’s most heavily trafficked mammals. It seemed to excite the scientists: “Reports coming out overnight that Chinese group have pangolin viruses that are 99% similar,” Farrar wrote. “This would be a crucially important finding and if true could be the ‘missing link’ and explain a natural evolutionary link.”

“That will be VERY interesting,” Collins responded. “Does it have the furin cleavage site?”

The pangolin data, it turned out, did not provide an explanation for the scientists’ central concerns about the furin cleavage site, and the viruses isolated from some pangolins were not 99 percent similar to SARS-CoV-2, but the data did show that coronaviruses circulating in pangolins shared other key features with the pandemic virus. This seems to have played an important role in shifting the scientists’ thinking away from the lab hypothesis.

Holmes, who had been described in an earlier email as being “60:40 lab side,” wrote, “Personally, with the pangolin virus possessing 6/6 key sites in the receptor binding domain, I am in favour of the natural evolution theory.” <<
Typical Lax Dad

The FCS problem is well illustrated by the rapidity with which it is often lost upon virus adaptation to cell culture, both through point mutations and deletions.7 In reality, the FCS is not just an on-off switch but is highly regulated, and has in fact been incrementally optimising itself through mutations at the FCS in the major variants of concern—alpha, delta, and omicron—allowing the virus to stay within its transmission window (although in reality easing forward—ie, not quite the “same place” as with the Red Queen).
SARS-CoV-2 is not unique in this regard and many other betacoronaviruses have an FCS that is highly adaptable. Laboratory strains of HCoV-OC43 have point mutations in the FCS, presumably to also gain stability, and as the coronaviruses causing seasonal endemic infections are further explored, there are clear examples of genetic changes that structurally position the flexible FCS loop to better engage its furin activator. This is demonstrated in a genotype I virus with a four amino acid downstream insertion;8 whether this is truly a pathogenesis determinant or a transmission determinant remains to be seen. Recent work on HCoV-HKU1 has also shown the highly dynamic nature of the open-closed conformation of its spike, but in this case with its natural FCS removed for protein expression and the conformational changes regulated by sialoglycan binding.9
The spike is adaptable and the FCS clearly makes a difference, but—in the end—it is no smoking gun.
We declare no competing interests.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

http://us.china-embassy.gov.cn/eng/zmgx ... 445198.htm

Post a link with some Oriental scientists when you get a chance.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:38 am

Are there parameters as to the slant of their eyes that qualifies them to being" oriental" enough for government work? Does this comment violate the protocol for political correctness?? I'm only asking for a friend. 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 am

Are there parameters as to the slant of their eyes that qualifies them to being" oriental" enough for government work? Does this comment violate the protocol for political correctness?? I'm only asking for a friend. 8-)
Just calling a spade a spade.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:16 am

In some circles that is a racist phrase. Archie Bunker used it back in the day. ;) All in the Family would NEVER be allowed on TV today. You should be ashamed of yourself TLD.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am

In some circles that is a racist phrase. Archie Bunker used it back in the day. ;) All in the Family would NEVER be allowed on TV today. You should be ashamed of yourself TLD.
I hear it all the time……Just because it’s not PC it doesn’t mean its racist.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

You tell her Donald.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:37 am
A sharper take and a better choice of words for me should have been “scientific consensus”. The Princeton guy is in fact part of the established scientific community.
BTW, the Stanford guy is too.

Scientific consensus is the generally held judgment, position, and opinion of the majority or the supermajority of scientists in a particular field of study at any particular time.
So you agree "consensus" is a moving target?

How can you tell, especially with the current politically charged Covid science environment, if many people in scientific fields aren't afraid to give their honest opinions? Couldn't those people be cancelled and/or lose funding if they veer outside of the narrative (consensus) the people in power have established and demand and with the support of mainstream corp media?

How can you be so certain your idea of "consensus" is accurate?

We get “science” wrong. But proving science wrong comes with new evidence that gets validated with consensus. The Princeton guy agreed with the Hopkins guy that he could be wrong. The consensus is that he is wrong.
How on earth did you arrive at that?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am

I hear it all the time……Just because it’s not PC it doesn’t mean its racist.
I’ve got a niece (“in law”?) who’s is going to be perpetually diminutive. I described her as a dwarf once and got hacked up for purportedly using a pejorative term. It’s not it’s a very clinical term.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”