All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:51 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 am If you don't care that risky, dangerous research, that may well have caused the pandemic continues, I truly don't understand you.
:lol: What part of: we still don't have evidence as to where the virus came from are you unable to understand.

:lol: What part of "may well have" are you unable to understand?

This is the best part: you think it's a "coincidence'' that you and TeamTinFoilHat all convinced yourselves that the virus came from Wuhan back in 2020 when you couldn't possibly have ANY evidence that this is true. Millions of people on the internet, and you think you're all thinking independently, yet you all came to the same "conclusion".....with no evidence whatsoever.

It's called speculation based on logic. Of course a fan would never speculate on any number of issues he consistently opines about on any number of issues :roll:

"with no evidence whatsoever" (your words)... how would you know if you aren't paying attention and/or want to shut down new voices and ideas that could help solve public health issues now and in future?

You're certainly welcome to reject any POV that differs from the mainstream notion that Covid was not a lab leak based on human manipulation of a virus. Why can't you accept that others are open to considering new information that is contrary to that narrative? The scientists on the podcast have bonafides after all and certainly aren't "some guys on the internet."

You don't ACTUALLY CARE where the virus came from. What you ACTUALLY want is to "be proven right" about your throwing a dart at the board "conclusion" about a virus that you do. not. understand. Dunning Kruger.

:roll: So now you're telling me what I think and "I don't care"? You do realize that that is example of colossal ego... I would never try telling anyone what they actually think or that they "don't ACTUALLY CARE" about something.

If you can't figure out why we should all care that research continues that could lead to another pandemic, there's nothing more to say.
In this case, I choose to be open minded to those who err on the side of caution.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:51 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 am If you don't care that risky, dangerous research, that may well have caused the pandemic continues, I truly don't understand you.
:lol: What part of: we still don't have evidence as to where the virus came from are you unable to understand.

:lol: What part of "may well have" are you unable to understand?

This is the best part: you think it's a "coincidence'' that you and TeamTinFoilHat all convinced yourselves that the virus came from Wuhan back in 2020 when you couldn't possibly have ANY evidence that this is true. Millions of people on the internet, and you think you're all thinking independently, yet you all came to the same "conclusion".....with no evidence whatsoever.

It's called speculation based on logic. Of course a fan would never speculate on any number of issues he consistently opines about on any number of issues :roll:

"with no evidence whatsoever" (your words)... how would you know if you aren't paying attention and/or want to shut down new voices and ideas that could help solve public health issues now and in future?

You're certainly welcome to reject any POV that differs from the mainstream notion that Covid was not a lab leak based on human manipulation of a virus. Why can't you accept that others are open to considering new information that is contrary to that narrative? The scientists on the podcast have bonafides after all and certainly aren't "some guys on the internet."

You don't ACTUALLY CARE where the virus came from. What you ACTUALLY want is to "be proven right" about your throwing a dart at the board "conclusion" about a virus that you do. not. understand. Dunning Kruger.

:roll: So now you're telling me what I think and "I don't care"? You do realize that that is example of colossal ego... I would never try telling anyone what they actually think or that they "don't ACTUALLY CARE" about something.

If you can't figure out why we should all care that research continues that could lead to another pandemic, there's nothing more to say.
In this case, I choose to be open minded to those who err on the side of caution.

You only care about “research” that is anti-covid vaccine, supports a lab leak, or that covid was manufactured….otherwise you would be posting links to articles that encompass both sides….yet you don’t…..yeah enough people here post the other side so you don’t have to…. :roll:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am "with no evidence whatsoever" (your words)... how would you know if you aren't paying attention and/or want to shut down new voices and ideas that could help solve public health issues now and in future?
FFS, Tech. Because it would be global news. You are STILL speculating, and making plans for when you "prove" where Covid came from.

And you're lapping up anything that you think proves your 2020 conclusion that it came from the Wuhan lab. And again: you're not a freaking virologist. You can't refute or challenge ANYTHING you read about Covid, Tech. Wake up.

I admit that I can't read or refute this sh(t. Why are you unable to do the same?
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am :roll: So now you're telling me what I think and "I don't care"? You do realize that that is example of colossal ego... I would never try telling anyone what they actually think or that they "don't ACTUALLY CARE" about something.
Logic. You NEVER post anything here that shows your theory is wrong, or has massive holes in it. All you post are things that affirm your beliefs that you "arrived at" four years ago.
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am If you can't figure out why we should all care that research continues that could lead to another pandemic, there's nothing more to say.
In this case, I choose to be open minded to those who err on the side of caution.[/color][/b]
Strawman. No one said that it didn't come from a freaking Chinese lab. What folks said was------WAY THE F BACK IN 2020------is that you're an idiot if you think you're SURE it came from a Chinese lab way back in 2020. And that, my man, is 100% accurate.

The annoying part, and the part that TLD and others understand perfectly well....is that if Fauci had come out and said that Covid came from a Chinese lab back in 2020? You and your buds would take to the internet, and tell the world that "Fauci is hiding something! He can't possibly know that Covid came from a Chinese lab! We demand to see his evidence!"

THAT is what everyone is mocking here, Tech. You don't get that, and there's obviously nothing I can do to get you to have five seconds of self awareness to understand the game you're playing, where no matter what they do, 'mainstream medicine" is lying/tricking/covering-up/trying-to-kill-you.

The fact that you call it "mainstream medicine" or "the establishment" says it all. As if every 1st world country's top doctors get together in Dr. Evil's "underground lair" every week, to conspire as to how they're going to lie to Tech and his buds this week.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am "with no evidence whatsoever" (your words)... how would you know if you aren't paying attention and/or want to shut down new voices and ideas that could help solve public health issues now and in future?
FFS, Tech. Because it would be global news. You are STILL speculating, and making plans for when you "prove" where Covid came from.

And you're lapping up anything that you think proves your 2020 conclusion that it came from the Wuhan lab. And again: you're not a freaking virologist. You can't refute or challenge ANYTHING you read about Covid, Tech. Wake up.

I admit that I can't read or refute this sh(t. Why are you unable to do the same?
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am :roll: So now you're telling me what I think and "I don't care"? You do realize that that is example of colossal ego... I would never try telling anyone what they actually think or that they "don't ACTUALLY CARE" about something.
Logic. You NEVER post anything here that shows your theory is wrong, or has massive holes in it. All you post are things that affirm your beliefs that you "arrived at" four years ago.
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am If you can't figure out why we should all care that research continues that could lead to another pandemic, there's nothing more to say.
In this case, I choose to be open minded to those who err on the side of caution.[/color][/b]
Strawman. No one said that it didn't come from a freaking Chinese lab. What folks said was------WAY THE F BACK IN 2020------is that you're an idiot if you think you're SURE it came from a Chinese lab way back in 2020. And that, my man, is 100% accurate.

The annoying part, and the part that TLD and others understand perfectly well....is that if Fauci had come out and said that Covid came from a Chinese lab back in 2020? You and your buds would take to the internet, and tell the world that "Fauci is hiding something! He can't possibly know that Covid came from a Chinese lab! We demand to see his evidence!"

THAT is what everyone is mocking here, Tech. You don't get that, and there's obviously nothing I can do to get you to have five seconds of self awareness to understand the game you're playing, where no matter what they do, 'mainstream medicine" is lying/tricking/covering-up/trying-to-kill-you.

The fact that you call it "mainstream medicine" or "the establishment" says it all. As if every 1st world country's top doctors get together in Dr. Evil's "underground lair" every week, to conspire as to how they're going to lie to Tech and his buds this week.
Surprised you didnt jump all over "I would never tell anyone what they think" when we have eveidence to the contrary all over this joint. Of course he will claim he was joking or some nonsense but it's BS. He thinks he knows better, it's quite clear and this is a claim from someone alleging all sorts of other people are liars (which implies intent meaning he IS telling people what's in their heads but so delusional as to not understand this)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:04 am Surprised you didnt jump all over "I would never tell anyone what they think" when we have eveidence to the contrary all over this joint. Of course he will claim he was joking or some nonsense but it's BS. He thinks he knows better, it's quite clear and this is a claim from someone alleging all sorts of other people are liars (which implies intent meaning he IS telling people what's in their heads but so delusional as to not understand this)
Didn't jump on it, because it's pointless. He has his lack of self-awareness set at "11".

I can't read JAMA articles and push back on errors of omission or commission. So I wait for consensus....which takes YEARS. Which is the whole point, as you and others here know: these geniuses were sure of their "lab leak theory" four years ago...and they're incapable of understand that THAT is where the pushback comes from.

TeamTinFoil thinks that having definitive proof of a lab leak in 2024 means that anyone who said we don't have evidence of a lab leak in 2020....or anyone who got frustrated at wild speculation pushed back and said "it didn't come from a lab leak" 2020.....was lying.

It's logic for toddlers. And I wouldn't care..... if their nonsense wasn't getting people killed, or tricking people into storming the Senate "because" the election was rigged.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:04 am Surprised you didnt jump all over "I would never tell anyone what they think" when we have eveidence to the contrary all over this joint. Of course he will claim he was joking or some nonsense but it's BS. He thinks he knows better, it's quite clear and this is a claim from someone alleging all sorts of other people are liars (which implies intent meaning he IS telling people what's in their heads but so delusional as to not understand this)
Didn't jump on it, because it's pointless. He has his lack of self-awareness set at "11".

I can't read JAMA articles and push back on errors of omission or commission. So I wait for consensus....which takes YEARS. Which is the whole point, as you and others here know: these geniuses were sure of their "lab leak theory" four years ago...and they're incapable of understand that THAT is where the pushback comes from.

TeamTinFoil thinks that having definitive proof of a lab leak in 2024 means that anyone who said we don't have evidence of a lab leak in 2020....or anyone who got frustrated at wild speculation pushed back and said "it didn't come from a lab leak" 2020.....was lying.

It's logic for toddlers. And I wouldn't care..... if their nonsense wasn't getting people killed, or tricking people into storming the Senate "because" the election was rigged.
Makes sense though you do take on tough luck cases around here an awful lot.

I think we all get the childish sophomoric nature of it. The lack of skin in the game. Lack of empathy for others and extreme arrogance to question without offering tangible solutions as a way of life. Why...Why...why. Well how do you know...Its petty and childish and doesnt add any value when it's more repetitive than watching a live version of Jessica by Allman and wondering when they're finally going to end the damn song 28 minutes in.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am

Yeah, that's on me. My flaw. I figure If I can get through to folks with logic here, there's hope for millions of Americans that believe that ONLY the Trump v. Biden part of thousands of different city and county ballots are "bad".
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am I think we all get the childish sophomoric nature of it. The lack of skin in the game. Lack of empathy for others and extreme arrogance to question without offering tangible solutions as a way of life. Why...Why...why. Well how do you know...Its petty and childish and doesnt add any value when it's more repetitive than watching a live version of Jessica by Allman and wondering when they're finally going to end the damn song 28 minutes in.
:lol: Well put.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:02 pm

Yeah, that's on me. My flaw. I figure If I can get through to folks with logic here, there's hope for millions of Americans that believe that ONLY the Trump v. Biden part of thousand of different ballots are "bad".
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am I think we all get the childish sophomoric nature of it. The lack of skin in the game. Lack of empathy for others and extreme arrogance to question without offering tangible solutions as a way of life. Why...Why...why. Well how do you know...Its petty and childish and doesnt add any value when it's more repetitive than watching a live version of Jessica by Allman and wondering when they're finally going to end the damn song 28 minutes in.
When I was a kid, I once had a bootleg of a Allman Show from my brother in law (maybe they werent married then), and completed an entire Kid Icarus nintendo game while it played, no joke.

For those unfamiliar, Kid Icarus was an early Nintendo classic. Not metroid, Rygar level awesome but a fun game as a grade school kid. (goonies was a fund long one too back then)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8-a0xr294

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:08 pm

Yeah, that's on me. My flaw. I figure If I can get through to folks with logic here, there's hope for millions of Americans that believe that ONLY the Trump v. Biden part of thousand of different ballots are "bad".
When I was a kid, I once had a bootleg of a Allman Show from my brother in law (maybe they werent married then), and completed an entire Kid Icarus nintendo game while it played, no joke.

For those unfamiliar, Kid Icarus was an early Nintendo classic. Not metroid, Rygar level awesome but a fun game as a grade school kid. (goonies was a fund long one too back then)

More cowbell
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:48 pm

More cowbell
Eric Bloom is my man! met him once becuase:

Eric Bloom

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)
This article possibly contains original research. (July 2016)
Eric Bloom
Bloom in 2016
Bloom in 2016
Background information
Birth name Eric Jay Bloom
Born December 1, 1944 (age 79)
Brooklyn, New York City, U.S.
Genres Hard rock, heavy metal, psychedelic rock
Occupation(s) Musician, singer, songwriter
Instrument(s) Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Years active 1959–present
Labels Columbia, CMC
Website ericbloom.net
Eric Jay Bloom (born December 1, 1944) is an American musician, singer and songwriter. He is best known as the co-lead vocalist, guitar and keyboard/synthesizer player for the long-running band Blue Öyster Cult, with work on more than 20 albums. Much of his lyrical content relates to his lifelong interest in science fiction.

Early life and education
A native New Yorker, Bloom was born in Brooklyn, the youngest of three children, and grew up in Queens. His mother was a housewife, active in local charities and family life. His father ran a picture frame and print company in Manhattan. Bloom is Jewish.[1] Bloom attended JHS 216 (George J. Ryan Junior High School), and then moved on to Woodmere Academy and Cheshire Academy in Connecticut.[2] It was there that he purchased his first guitar, a $52 Harmony full-bodied electric.

Bloom, known as "Manny" Bloom in college, attended Hobart College in Geneva, New York, studying modern languages.

The group "Lost and Found", 1966. From left: Peter Haviland, Jeff Hayes, John Trivers, Bloom, and George Faust photographed at Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Career
Soft White Underbelly: 1968–1971

Soft White Underbelly promo, December 1968
One day in late 1968 some members of the band Soft White Underbelly, Donald Roeser (later Buck Dharma), Allen Lanier and Andrew Winters, entered the store. One of them spotted a photo that Bloom had put up as a joke—he had placed an 8x10 glossy of his old band Lost and Found up on the wall with all the major bands such as the Rolling Stones and The Who. One of the SWU members recognized it because Les Braunstein, their lead singer, had also been a Hobart College alumnus, and had told his bandmates about the other college band. As Bloom talked with them about the photo, they struck up a friendship. Bloom ended up doing some sound engineering for them at the Electric Circus in Greenwich Village, and they mutually impressed each other enough that in November 1968, the band's manager, Sandy Pearlman, asked if Bloom would like to become their tour manager. Bloom moved into the group's house in Great Neck, New York, in December 1968.[3][4]

Blue Öyster Cult: 1972–present
In April 1969, when lead singer Braunstein dropped out of the group, Bloom became the band's vocalist. The band went through several name changes, but in 1971 settled on Blue Öyster Cult. Their first album was released by Columbia Records in 1972.

In 1976, their platinum album Agents of Fortune with its hit "(Don't Fear) the Reaper" launched the band into international fame, though that particular song was sung and written by lead guitarist Buck Dharma. Both Creem readers[5] and Rolling Stone critics[6] voted "Don't Fear the Reaper" as the top single of the year.

Bloom bought his own house in Great Neck in 1976.[3]

Bloom performing with Blue Öyster Cult
Bloom has been one of the longtime members of the band throughout the decades, along with original member Buck Dharma. Bloom is credited as playing "stun guitar" on some Blue Öyster Cult works, a term the band uses for the distortion sound of his rhythm guitar.[7][8]

Outside work
Bloom is known for being an avid reader, especially science fiction and fantasy novels. He once sent a fan letter to English science-fiction author Michael Moorcock, and then collaborated with him on three songs. "Black Blade" was written from the point of view of Moorcock's Elric character, and the other two were "The Great Sun Jester" and "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", the latter of which was used in the original Heavy Metal movie.

Bloom also collaborated with author Eric Van Lustbader on the song "Shadow Warrior", and in 1998, 2001 and 2020 with cyberpunk author John Shirley on the Heaven Forbid', Curse of the Hidden Mirror and The Symbol Remains albums.

In 2006, Bloom began a partnership with artist Philippe Renaudin, to create and sell six elaborately painted custom-made guitars, each one of which interprets a different Blue Öyster Cult song, and each of which was played during BÖC performances.[9]
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

More cowbell
Skipped the step from the SNL classic skit straight to dont fear the reaper, BOC there obviously.
a fan

Post by a fan »

More cowbell
Oh, I remember both games.

As for JamBands playing 8,000 minute songs (I hate that stuff).....we did live music at our pub in Ann Arbor. Because it's a hippie town, the only draw that would fill the place were local jam bands. Think Phish with less talent. We used to joke coming into work on a Monday after a Sat night show and say "you know, they're STILL playing that same song right now".

Hate that entire JamBand genre. You have to be an actual musician to make it work...and even then, it usually doesn't work.

To wit, this is dead on what this genre sounds like to this listener's ears:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:58 pm

More cowbell
Oh, I remember both games.

As for JamBands playing 8,000 minute songs (I hate that stuff).....we did live music at our pub in Ann Arbor. Because it's a hippie town, the only draw that would fill the place were local jam bands. Think Phish with less talent. We used to joke coming into work on a Monday after a Sat night show and say "you know, they're STILL playing that same song right now".

Hate that entire JamBand genre. You have to be an actual musician to make it work...and even then, it usually doesn't work.

To wit, this is dead on what this genre sounds like to this listener's ears:

Exactly, love the Dead, hate Deadspace. And, no surprise, I may have had psyillcibins a few times in my life incluidng a phish show.

But live off album can be excellent. Think of any live Joe Cocker song, Do You Feel Like I Do from Frampton Comes Alive, Tunnel of Love from Live at the BBC (maybe 78) by Dire Straits where they start of with a bit of rogers and hammerstein etc. If you can make if releveant to the beginning and bring it home it's awesome. My favorite, even sober, of the long drawn out live stuff is Echoes live at Pompeii where they do the weird animal nouses in the middle then bring it home like a story through a life cycle with some blues at the end.

Walt Whitman and Lord Byron didn't have jack on this"

"Overhead the albatross, Hangs motionless upon the air, And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves,
The echo of a distant time, Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine, And no one showed us to the land
And no one knows the where's or why's, But something stirs and something tries
And starts to climb toward the light,
Strangers passing in the street
By chance, two separate glances meet, And I am you and what I see is me,
and do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand the best I can?

And no one calls us to move on
And no one forces down our eyes
No one speaks and no one tries
No one flies around the sun
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Suit yourself a fan including all your spin, distraction, projection, and mischaracterization. ;)

I know you say you don't care but are you aware that in your state, Colorado State University has a new multimillion dollar facility, the sole purpose being to research bats and associated viruses? What could possibly go wrong!?

I never agreed with much of anything the Obama Admin did but someone was incredibly smart/prescient placing a moratorium on dangerous virus research back in 2014.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:18 pm

Suit yourself a fan including all your spin, distraction, projection, and mischaracterization. ;)
Right. Every other poster here understands and agrees with every point I'm making to you...and you can't refute ANY of them, so you instead call it "spin" and run to mommy, ducking any actual dialog. Dialog that you have ZERO interest in, naturally. Oh no! I can't handle someone who refutes my points easily! :roll:

So please, Dr. Tech, what with your InternetPhD....keep at it! I'm sure you'll be getting the call from BigPharma so that you can lead our vaccine efforts moving forward. Can't wait!
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:18 pm I know you say you don't care but are you aware that in your state, Colorado State University has a new multimillion dollar facility, the sole purpose being to research bats and associated viruses? What could possibly go wrong!?
Oh no! Not more ACTUAL scientists trying to move the field forward!?! Trying to keep Americans and Coloradan's and my family healthy and well!! Those BASTARDS!

Well...obviously you and TeamTinFoil need to put a stop to this, what with your DEEP understanding of how science and public health is.

And I'm surprised that they didn't offer you a tenured post, what with all your brilliant insights into how we should deal with viruses. What was your recent advice? Oh, right: use AI to "speed up approval of vaccines" on the one hand....and lose your mind because (checks notes) the FDA had the gall to "speed up the approval of vaccines". BRILLIANT work, Dr. Tech.

Keep up the Ego. It's SO cool that we have an expert on Viruses on the forum. And please, keep telling the one guy here who readily admits that he doesn't understand JAMA that I'M the one with the overinflated Ego. Cool.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:18 pm

I know you say you don't care but are you aware that in your state, Colorado State University has a new multimillion dollar facility, the sole purpose being to research bats and associated viruses? What could possibly go wrong!?

I never agreed with much of anything the Obama Admin did but someone was incredibly smart/prescient placing a moratorium on dangerous virus research back in 2014.
So the answer is don’t do research on dangerous viruses? Only research on viruses that aren’t that dangerous? Jesus the social media has made people dumber just like I predicted in 2006 or so when a friend was talking about “this thing called tweeting”…
Typical Lax Dad

You can buy the coat and stethoscope online
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You are one acrimonious individual.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”