D1 Men NCAA Tournament

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hawkeye

Re: D1 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by Hawkeye »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm x
Okay, I'm going to take a step back and ask you a serious question.

Why is this only about Hopkins? There is an issue here that is far bigger than any one school. Just because a Hopkins fan brought it up does not make it a Hopkins issue.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Anyone using this Fanlax forum and the Hopkins fans who are here as a Rosetta Stone to stereotype all Hopkins fans is starting from a false premise from the get go.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:33 pm Anyone using this Fanlax forum and the Hopkins fans who are here as a Rosetta Stone to stereotype all Hopkins fans is starting from a false premise from the get go.
There are Hopkins crazies and anti-Hopkins crazies on here that take both way too far. Not everything is about Hopkins.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:33 pm Anyone using this Fanlax forum and the Hopkins fans who are here as a Rosetta Stone to stereotype all Hopkins fans is starting from a false premise from the get go.
There are Hopkins crazies and anti-Hopkins crazies on here that take both way too far. Not everything is about Hopkins.
Plus, it’s just a message board.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm
Trying to not be whiny baby and have an adult conversation for that. If I gave you too much credit for your intellect, and more importantly emotional maturity then I accept that I made that mistake.

But if you think I’m afraid of you when I just walked away from a car accident that cut the front of my car in Alf three days then I really overestimated you.
I am going to read this comment in a positive way and assume good intent on your part.

If you really want to have adult conversations, bringing Georgia/Southeast schools/SEC into a conversation about Hopkins/IL coverage just because you know I went to GT - that's probably not the best approach. Saying it's not surprising someone doesn't understand metaphors - that's probably not the best approach.

I certainly don't want a conversation to devolve into name calling.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Because the entire response was based on a bunch of others complaining and Hop fans making a bunch of silly arguments and being overly defensive about everything.

Because it’s made the center of attention almost all the time often engaged or furthered by hop folk rather than just saying “yeah, so what and moving on”.

Because anyone who would deny that he situation with Hop is unique at least with respect to the lacrosse community that traffics on boards like this would require a whole of rational and reasonable convincing.

Rather I didn’t even get the sense that you were fully reading and attempting to comprehend what I was saying it rather looking for a string of words within to make an argument around. And on top of it, I truly wanted to keep it a civil discussion and made every effort and your making a personal attack over and over and not addressing my primary point which I do not take kindly to at all. In person talk like that in my crappy, declining industrial hometown in upstate NY gets a person a serious beatdown, I’ve witnessed kids in high school get hit in the face with hammers because they owed older guys like $300 in weed debt.

And frankly I had you pegged as someone who wanted to have a reasonable discourse, not one of the ranting lunatics but you ended up attacking personally. We can get offline and I can pay for a flight for you and car to my house or come to you if you want to say whatever you want to say to me in person .

BTw, my father in law was ranked #70 in the donor list last year, may decline because he’s endowed some women’s BBscholarships and is really pissed by the the way coach was treated, so I know tech well, but the point is that if you lived in Atlanta you know how retarded SEC football fans are about their schools even when they didn’t even attend there. That’s not having anything to do with Keanu g on whatever your tech relationship is but rather if your eyes were open at all while living here you’d easily know what I was talking about.p
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 pm but the point is that if you lived in Atlanta you know how retarded SEC football fans are about their schools even when they didn’t even attend there.
I apologize for the misunderstanding on my end. However, I maintain that this is irrelevant to the conversation at hand. None these things have anything to do with Hopkins or media coverage of Hopkins/lacrosse as a whole.

So now that it's clear: what you're saying is that I shouldn't have an ability to have an opinion on Hopkins lacrosse because I didn't go to school there. Gatekeeping at its finest. Since my school doesn't have a team, and I'm apparently not allowed to be a fan of Hopkins, I guess I should quit following lacrosse completely. Closer to home: this kind of thinking is why Georgia Tech athletics are dying.

For the record, if GT had a varsity team, do you really think I wouldn't support them instead? I have the club team's record in my signature for goodness sake! Unfortunately, I don't have the multi-million dollars to donate that GTAA would require to start that varsity program (I wish).
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Epic 4th quarter collapse by Cuse in game 1.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:15 pm Epic 4th quarter collapse by Cuse in game 1.
Win probability agrees. I will be very curious to see the stat splits before and after they took the 12-8 lead.

syracuse_loyola_md_20190511_aggressive100.png
syracuse_loyola_md_20190511_aggressive100.png (35.92 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Helluva start to the playoffs.I expected a lacrosse game but instead watched a track meet.If Spencer doesn't get the.......
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Again, watching Yale here, who’s bright idea was it to match Yale and Penn in the same bracket :(
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:09 pm Picks!
  • Syracuse over Loyola by 2
  • Yale over Georgetown by 2
  • Army over Penn by 1
  • UVA over RoMo by 5
  • Penn State over UMBC by 5
  • Maryland over Towson by 1
  • Duke over Richmond by 2
  • ND over Hop by 1
0/1
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bet his bracket is still intact.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm Again, watching Yale here, who’s bright idea was it to match Yale and Penn in the same bracket :(
yup, bad planning. The Committee could have easily moved one of Yale/Penn up or down a notch to put them in the other bracket.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Sadly, avoiding repeat match-ups is not something the committee tries to do after the first round. But given that rankings by any method are uncertain by at least a few places, the players and fans would be better served by making these adjustments in the bracket.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The announcers at the Georgetown v Yale game had wrong info regarding TD Ierlan setting an NCAA single game record with 31 wins. Hobart's Matt Pedicine won 32 faceoffs this year v Siena.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Big Dog wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:02 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm Again, watching Yale here, who’s bright idea was it to match Yale and Penn in the same bracket :(
yup, bad planning. The Committee could have easily moved one of Yale/Penn up or down a notch to put them in the other bracket.
Penn did feel underseeded but Duke and UVA had more quality wins and it seemed the selectors put a ton of emphasis on that. As a Yale fan, I am just pleased the Elis advanced. In 2016 Yale and Brown were on a path to meet in the quarterfinals but Yale lost to Navy in the opener and the matchup never happened. So great to advance. Penn off to a very good start today so far. Their FOGO Kyle Gallagher (also a transfer this year) is dominating against Army so far. (He's also the one guy to give TD Ierlan problems -- and lots of 'em -- this year.)
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

If Chris Fake is a 1st team All American than Bucarro should get the Tewaarton and the Heisman. Bucarro manhandled him, juked him out of his shoes and just flat out ran by him whenever he wanted. Wasn’t much of a matchup.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 pm Because the entire response was based on a bunch of others complaining and Hop fans making a bunch of silly arguments and being overly defensive about everything.

Because it’s made the center of attention almost all the time often engaged or furthered by hop folk rather than just saying “yeah, so what and moving on”.

Because anyone who would deny that he situation with Hop is unique at least with respect to the lacrosse community that traffics on boards like this would require a whole of rational and reasonable convincing.

Rather I didn’t even get the sense that you were fully reading and attempting to comprehend what I was saying it rather looking for a string of words within to make an argument around. And on top of it, I truly wanted to keep it a civil discussion and made every effort and your making a personal attack over and over and not addressing my primary point which I do not take kindly to at all. In person talk like that in my crappy, declining industrial hometown in upstate NY gets a person a serious beatdown, I’ve witnessed kids in high school get hit in the face with hammers because they owed older guys like $300 in weed debt.

And frankly I had you pegged as someone who wanted to have a reasonable discourse, not one of the ranting lunatics but you ended up attacking personally. We can get offline and I can pay for a flight for you and car to my house or come to you if you want to say whatever you want to say to me in person .

BTw, my father in law was ranked #70 in the donor list last year, may decline because he’s endowed some women’s BBscholarships and is really ticked by the the way coach was treated, so I know tech well, but the point is that if you lived in Atlanta you know how retarded SEC football fans are about their schools even when they didn’t even attend there. That’s not having anything to do with Keanu g on whatever your tech relationship is but rather if your eyes were open at all while living here you’d easily know what I was talking about.p
.....it's what he does.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Drcthru wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:32 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:09 pm Picks!
  • Syracuse over Loyola by 2
  • Yale over Georgetown by 2
  • Army over Penn by 1
  • UVA over RoMo by 5
  • Penn State over UMBC by 5
  • Maryland over Towson by 1
  • Duke over Richmond by 2
  • ND over Hop by 1
0/1
yup.......one ACC gone in the first round. Again.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”