NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

laxdad1434 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:36 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:52 pm Even still, show me Brennan O’Neill and Dyson Williams on a Bates roster and I’ll show you the NESCAC champions.
:lol:
:D My man is goin hard, hittin that point.
choochooCharlie

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:21 pm …I don't think those wins justify dismissing the team as "schtick."

Alls I know is usually a lot of work is put into constructing a schedule by coaching staffs. Midd plays the same handful of teams year in and and year out. (Between the lazy scheduling and the late start, I’d like to know what the heck is going on in the offices up there). And so those underwhelming wins, while still wins, IMO are just that- underwhelming.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:21 pm I also agree that it's inconvenient to have so many of the top 40 DIII programs within a single conference, buuuuut Bowdoin did miss a 2023 at-large bid because of a weak OOC schedule and an early NESCAC exit. (I've already posted up-thread that I was surprised by Bowdoin's high preseason ranking.) Williams got bounced from the NCAAs by Babson and ... Babson is ranked in the preseason poll while Williams is outside looking in. That seems to be about right.
I concur, and hope the newer structure of regions continues to force the hand of some of these schools to do what it takes to A. Play better competition and B. Play more games. If that means starting earlier, so be it. (Who hasn’t shoveled a field before)
Chipzhoo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm Midd's OOC (like usual) includes 4 teams ranked in the preseason Top 20 (RPI, Babson, Union and St. Lawrence). They beat those same teams last year.
Right, “includes” makes it sound like there are at least a few other games. They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total? Surely they can find other teams to play, maybe a few new ones too… wishful thinking…
I really do think they would have to start earlier to do anything different (maybe could do different teams for a change tho). The games are all jammed together, couldn’t fit much else in. Schedule weird AF.
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm (Who hasn’t shoveled a field before)
Not everybody has…
Last edited by choochooCharlie on Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smoova

Post by smoova »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm Alls I know is usually a lot of work is put into constructing a schedule by coaching staffs. Midd plays the same handful of teams year in and and year out. (Between the lazy scheduling and the late start, I’d like to know what the heck is going on in the offices up there). And so those underwhelming wins, while still wins, IMO are just that- underwhelming.
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm Play more games. If that means starting earlier, so be it. (Who hasn’t shoveled a field before)
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm Right, “includes” makes it sound like there are at least a few other games. They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total? Surely they can find other teams to play, maybe a few new ones too…
Please, do just a little bit of research before trolling this thread.

NESCAC does not permit practices until Feb 5 this year. Midd's first game is March 2 (same as the rest of the NESCAC). That's less than 4 weeks of preseason to go along with only ~10 fall practices, which was a lot better than the zero fall practices permitted last season. (Frankly, it's got to be a little embarrassing for other top DIII coaches that NESCAC teams are even remotely competitive considering the limited coach contact/preseason permitted by the conference.)

Like most NESCACs, Midd plays one mid-week game and (at least) one weekend game every week between their permitted start date and the first game of the NESCAC playoffs. Four of Midd's five OOC games are against preseason top-20 teams. 80% doesn't seem too shabby, but perhaps there are many non-NESCAC teams with more than 80% of their OOC games against top-20 teams. Could you name a few?

I'm sure Campbell and his entire squad are disappointed that a venerated fanlax poster like @RE6ULATOR considers a few of their eighteen wins in 2023 to be "underwhelming" but ... haters gonna hate.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:39 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm Alls I know is usually a lot of work is put into constructing a schedule by coaching staffs. Midd plays the same handful of teams year in and and year out. (Between the lazy scheduling and the late start, I’d like to know what the heck is going on in the offices up there). And so those underwhelming wins, while still wins, IMO are just that- underwhelming.

Play more games. If that means starting earlier, so be it. (Who hasn’t shoveled a field before)

Right, “includes” makes it sound like there are at least a few other games. They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total? Surely they can find other teams to play, maybe a few new ones too…
Please, do just a little bit of research before trolling this thread.

NESCAC does not permit practices until Feb 5 this year. Midd's first game is March 2 (same as the rest of the NESCAC). That's less than 4 weeks of preseason to go along with only ~10 fall practices. (Frankly, it's got to be a little embarrassing for other top DIII coaches that NESCAC teams are even remotely competitive considering the limited coach contact/preseason permitted by the conference.)

Like most NESCACs, Midd plays one mid-week game and (at least) one weekend game every week between their permitted start date and the first game of the NESCAC playoffs. Four of Midd's five OOC games are against preseason top-20 teams. 80% doesn't seem too shabby, but perhaps there are many other, non-NESCAC teams with 80% of their OOC games against top-20 teams. Could you name a few?

I'm sure Campbell and his entire squad are disappointed that a venerated fanlax poster like @RE6ULATOR considers a few of their eighteen wins in 2023 to be "underwhelming" but ... haters gonna hate.
Most teams returned to practice last week, and have a game by Feb 10th. 4 weeks preseason is normal, not a badge of honor.

10-9 vs Conn, double OT vs Hamilton, 10-9 vs SCMC are all underwhelming. And frankly I think if you asked the coach, he wouldn’t be too proud of those scores either. That’s not being mean or hating, those are the scores. And I didn’t make them, Middlebury did.

You want to go to percentages because Midd plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESXAC top teams.
One measly OOC game is 20% of their slate. Try other newfangled ways to convince yourself 5 OOC games is sufficient.

I don’t care for, or about their antiquated conference rules. These schools are adapting in all other aspects and in new age ways to meet their shifting priorities. Maybe missing out on NCAA tournaments a few times due to sorry OOC opportunities will make them adapt here as well. As a fan of this conference, shouldn’t you want this too? Or is it better to try and frame less practice, less games and less variation of opponents, as somehow something to be heralded?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Pretty sure the Midd seniors who graduated thought their season was great. A trip to TX, a great record, and finding ways to get the W like every team does, since that's all that matters. Aside from not going deeper in the tournament, their season was damn good.

You're making something out of nothing.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

BallHunt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:16 pm Pretty sure the Midd seniors who graduated thought their season was great. A trip to TX, a great record, and finding ways to get the W like every team does, since that's all that matters. Aside from not going deeper in the tournament, their season was damn good.

I certainly hope they enjoyed their college experience too, both on field and off. We happen to be discussing their OOC, their pre-season ranking, and their scores.

I happen to think they could do better than playing the same 5 teams OOC in back to back years. Smoova apparently does not.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:29 pm
BallHunt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:16 pm Pretty sure the Midd seniors who graduated thought their season was great. A trip to TX, a great record, and finding ways to get the W like every team does, since that's all that matters. Aside from not going deeper in the tournament, their season was damn good.

I certainly hope they enjoyed their college experience too, both on field and off. We happen to be discussing their OOC, their pre-season ranking, and their scores.

I happen to think they could do better than playing the same 5 teams OOC in back to back years. Smoova apparently does not.
smoova explained it rather succinctly - 10 conference games, packed into a tight window, sprinkle in Region 1 and other OOC opponents you think will enhance your standing, and there you go. OOC opponents take a couple years to get into schedules, and ADs and coaches can't predict the quality of an opponent a year in advance.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:29 pm

Tufts played the same 5 teams for years under Daly (Keene State, Stevenson, Stevens Tech, Western New England, Endicott)
3 National Championships in 5 trips...

Some of these coaches have long-standing relationships with the ones they're playing each season.
And playing that games allows the coaches to go back-and-forth about scouts, gameplans, adjustments, outcomes, etc. after the game.
That might be more useful to them than playing a coach / team that looks good on paper, but lacks that aspect.

Not to mention, some of the matchups we'd love to see more of (IE. Amherst @ Salisbury) aren't worth it when it doesn't help regional rankings.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm Play more games. If that means starting earlier, so be it. (Who hasn’t shoveled a field before)
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total?
Like most NESCACs, Midd plays one mid-week game and (at least) one weekend game every week between their permitted start date and the first game of the NESCAC playoffs. Four of Midd's five OOC games are against preseason top-20 teams. 80% doesn't seem too shabby, but perhaps there are many non-NESCAC teams with more than 80% of their OOC games against top-20 teams. Could you name a few?
Most of this thread is silly -- of course Middlebury is playing a reasonably challenging schedule given the constraints of the NESCAC calendar. This does raise a good question about which DIII teams are playing the most challenging OOC schedule. Without reviewing all of the preseason top 20, I would point out that Denison's OOC opponents include RIT (#4), W&L (#7), Gettysburg (#9), Lynchburg (#10) and York (#11). Only two of those games are at home. I have always wondered why Denison doesn't try to schedule a NESCAC or two. They recruit well from Massachusetts already, but they have a differentiated offering from the NESCACs that may resonate with many New England prep players if Denison raised its profile here. Better stadium than any NESCAC, undergrad business major, less ardent on the political correctness, active social life incl. fraternities, safe/fun college town, excellent alumni network, merit aid available, full fall lax schedule, earlier commitment date, rising in the US News rankings, etc.
choochooCharlie

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:00 pm
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:39 pm Please, do just a little bit of research before trolling this thread.

NESCAC does not permit practices until Feb 5 this year. Midd's first game is March 2 (same as the rest of the NESCAC). That's less than 4 weeks of preseason to go along with only ~10 fall practices. (Frankly, it's got to be a little embarrassing for other top DIII coaches that NESCAC teams are even remotely competitive considering the limited coach contact/preseason permitted by the conference.)

Like most NESCACs, Midd plays one mid-week game and (at least) one weekend game every week between their permitted start date and the first game of the NESCAC playoffs. Four of Midd's five OOC games are against preseason top-20 teams. 80% doesn't seem too shabby, but perhaps there are many other, non-NESCAC teams with 80% of their OOC games against top-20 teams. Could you name a few?

Most teams returned to practice last week, and have a game by Feb 10th. 4 weeks preseason is normal, not a badge of honor.

10-9 vs Conn, double OT vs Hamilton, 10-9 vs SCMC are all underwhelming. And frankly I think if you asked the coach, he wouldn’t be too proud of those scores either. That’s not being mean or hating, those are the scores. And I didn’t make them, Middlebury did.

You want to go to percentages because Midd plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESXAC top teams.
One measly OOC game is 20% of their slate. Try other newfangled ways to convince yourself 5 OOC games is sufficient.

I don’t care for, or about their antiquated conference rules. These schools are adapting in all other aspects and in new age ways to meet their shifting priorities. Maybe missing out on NCAA tournaments a few times due to sorry OOC opportunities will make them adapt here as well. As a fan of this conference, shouldn’t you want this too? Or is it better to try and frame less practice, less games and less variation of opponents, as somehow something to be heralded?
Theyve got their limitations via NESCAC rules but reality is I don’t see anything here that isn’t true. He could say it nicer, but that doesn’t make it less true.
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:00 pm(Between the lazy scheduling and the late start, I’d like to know what the heck is going on in the offices up there)
Had me dying.
smoova

Post by smoova »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:00 pm Most teams returned to practice last week, and have a game by Feb 10th. 4 weeks preseason is normal, not a badge of honor.

You suggested that Midd’s schedule is the result of sloth or underfunding. I explained the conference rules that drive the same scheduling dates and OOC opportunities (5) for every NESCAC school.

You contend that Midd plays "plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESXAC top teams." Please recall that the NESCAC is one of the largest DIII conferences and all teams play each other once.

You derided Midd’s OOC schedule. I asked you to point out a team with a higher percentage of top-20 OOC opponents. You did not, but @CanOpener found one - kudos to him and to Coach Koch! (A class dude who I had the pleasure of chatting with a couple times and an obviously good coach!) Other posters have done a nice job of explaining why setting up an OOC slate isn't as simple as perusing the final rankings for a few teams you'd like to play next spring. Given the existing constraints, I think an OOC schedule with 4/5 teams in the top 20 is fantastic. I understand you have much higher standards for the schools you support.

You don’t like the NESCAC’s self-imposed rules. Those rules exist to ensure a consistently high educational experience for NESCAC athletes and (as you concede) they make it more challenging for NESCAC teams to succeed. Other conferences and schools have different priorities and rules, which is their right.

You suggested that fewer NCAA tournament appearances will cause the NESCAC to change their rules. Under the current rules there are typically 3-5 NESCACs in every NCAA tourney (despite the preponderance of "underwhelming" OOC wins), so I’d bet that a rules change is not in the offing.

You question why NESCAC fans wouldn't want the conference to change their rules. Most NESCAC fans accept (and often encourage) the prioritization of education over athletics and many take pride in the fact that the athletes at these schools sometimes achieve greatness in spite of rules that make that achievement more difficult.

If nothing else, I hope this exchange has been informative.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You suggested that Midd’s schedule is the result of sloth or underfunding. I explained the conference rules that drive the same scheduling dates and OOC opportunities (5) for every NESCAC school.
I suggested that as a possibility and noted the fact that the OOC teams have largely remained same year over year.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You contend that Midd plays "plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESXAC top teams." Please recall that the NESCAC is one of the largest DIII conferences and all teams play each other once.
*I noted the fact* that Midd plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESCAC top teams.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You derided Midd’s OOC schedule. I asked you to point out a team with a higher percentage of top-20 OOC opponents. You did not, but @CanOpener found one - kudos to him and to Coach Koch! (A class dude who I had the pleasure of chatting with a couple times and an obviously good coach!) Other posters have done a nice job of explaining why setting up an OOC slate isn't as simple as perusing the final rankings for a few teams you'd like to play next spring. Given the existing constraints, I think an OOC schedule with 4/5 teams in the top 20 is fantastic. I understand you have much higher standards for the schools you support.
I stated the fact that percentages are a deflection in this case. 80% is great, but not when we’re talking about 80% of 5 games and comparing it to teams playing significantly more. 50% of 10 games is numerically more. (York too sits at 80% as I look, with 8/10 OOC games ranked, if it makes you feel better for me to acknowledge your request)
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You don’t like the NESCAC’s self-imposed rules. Those rules exist to ensure a consistently high educational experience for NESCAC athletes and (as you concede) they make it more challenging for NESCAC teams to succeed. Other conferences and schools have different priorities and rules, which is their right.
Is there a point to this part?
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You suggested that fewer NCAA tournament appearances will cause the NESCAC to change their rules. Under the current rules there are typically 3-5 NESCACs in every NCAA tourney (despite the preponderance of "underwhelming" OOC wins), so I’d bet that a rules change is not in the offing.
I suggested it could, as it was referenced Bowdoin missing the tourney on the account of same.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You question why NESCAC fans wouldn't want the conference to change their rules. Most NESCAC fans accept (and often encourage) the prioritization of education over athletics and many take pride in the fact that the athletes at these schools sometimes achieve greatness in spite of rules that make that achievement more difficult.
Your litany of responses alone, directed at me for questioning any aspect of their athletics, speaks to there being a strong (and quite defensive) sense of pride in athletics among the NESCAC faithful.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm If nothing else, I hope this exchange has been informative.
Oh it has
;)
More practice is better. More games are better. Seeing different competition over the course of a 4 year career is better. 50% of 10 is numerically greater than 80% of 5. Nothing you say will change any of it.
smoova

Post by smoova »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:26 pm
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You contend that Midd plays "plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESXAC top teams." Please recall that the NESCAC is one of the largest DIII conferences and all teams play each other once.
*I noted the fact* that Midd plays a fraction of the OOC of other non NESCAC top teams.
NESCAC teams have 10 in-conference games. They have the ability to schedule 15 regular season games. That leaves the opportunity for ...
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You derided Midd’s OOC schedule. I asked you to point out a team with a higher percentage of top-20 OOC opponents. You did not, but @CanOpener found one - kudos to him and to Coach Koch! (A class dude who I had the pleasure of chatting with a couple times and an obviously good coach!) Other posters have done a nice job of explaining why setting up an OOC slate isn't as simple as perusing the final rankings for a few teams you'd like to play next spring. Given the existing constraints, I think an OOC schedule with 4/5 teams in the top 20 is fantastic. I understand you have much higher standards for the schools you support.
I stated the fact that percentages are a deflection in this case. 80% is great, but not when we’re talking about 80% of 5 games and comparing it to teams playing significantly more. 50% of 10 games is numerically more. (York too sits at 80% as I look, with 8/10 OOC games ranked, if it makes you feel better for me to acknowledge your request)
As above. York has 7 conference games and is permitted to play 3 games before NESCAC teams may start playing.
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm You question why NESCAC fans wouldn't want the conference to change their rules. Most NESCAC fans accept (and often encourage) the prioritization of education over athletics and many take pride in the fact that the athletes at these schools sometimes achieve greatness in spite of rules that make that achievement more difficult.
Your litany of responses alone, directed at me for questioning any aspect of their athletics, speaks to there being a strong (and quite defensive) sense of pride in athletics among the NESCAC faithful.
You asked a number of questions and made a number of statements. I answered each.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:22 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total?
Most of this thread is silly -- of course Middlebury is playing a reasonably challenging schedule given the constraints of the NESCAC calendar. This does raise a good question about which DIII teams are playing the most challenging OOC schedule. Without reviewing all of the preseason top 20, I would point out that Denison's OOC opponents include RIT (#4), W&L (#7), Gettysburg (#9), Lynchburg (#10) and York (#11). Only two of those games are at home. I have always wondered why Denison doesn't try to schedule a NESCAC or two. They recruit well from Massachusetts already, but they have a differentiated offering from the NESCACs that may resonate with many New England prep players if Denison raised its profile here. Better stadium than any NESCAC, undergrad business major, less ardent on the political correctness, active social life incl. fraternities, safe/fun college town, excellent alumni network, merit aid available, full fall lax schedule, earlier commitment date, rising in the US News rankings, etc.
Denison did play 2 NESCAC opponents in 2018 going 1-1. They lost to Amherst 13-19 at the Mustang Classic and ironically beat the current focus of this thread, Middlebury, at home 12-7. Kudos to Middlebury for making a mid week trip to Ohio. I was hoping this would turn into an annual engagement but that never materialized. I too think that the Denison story plays well on the East Coast - one look at the Denison student body will show a decent portion of it hails from the same eastern prep schools that populate the NESCAC and Centennial institutions. Also why I was surprised Denison no longer participates in the Mustang Classic. I thought that was a great vehicle to raise the Big Red’s profile on the East Coast but obviously when the head coach changed so did the scheduling philosophy. That said, win a couple of the games against the Big Boys on the slate this year and you should have a good bump to your program. More than 1 way to skin a cat.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

smoova wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:59 pm
NESCAC teams have 10 in-conference games. They have the ability to schedule 15 regular season games. That leaves the opportunity for ...
So it sounds like they better schedule 100% of their 5 game OOC to be ranked teams. And even then, if a 10 OOC game team schedules 6 ranked opponents, they’ve got you beat if they win out. What do you want me to say? Good job at being 80% based on the conference rules? Committee looks at regionally ranked wins. If you can ONLY get 5, you better damn well get 5. When’s the last time Springfield was top 20? They’ve been scheduled for years now.
As above. York has 7 conference games and is permitted to play 3 games before NESCAC teams may start playing.
So what? They’re at 80% ranked OOC, right? As you highlighted how difficult it is to get a ranked opponent on the schedule, getting 8 is significantly harder than getting 4 right?
You asked a number of questions and made a number of statements. I answered each.
You did answer, that I’ll give you.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Eventually me
“I wish I’d spent more time arguing about ‘Star Wars’ online.”

smoova

Post by smoova »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 pm
So it sounds like they better schedule 100% of their 5 game OOC to be ranked teams. And even then, if a 10 OOC game team schedules 6 ranked opponents, they’ve got you beat if they win out. What do you want me to say? Good job at being 80% based on the conference rules? Committee looks at regionally ranked wins. If you can ONLY get 5, you better damn well get 5. When’s the last time Springfield was top 20? They’ve been scheduled for years now.
The Committee will take 4 NESCACs again this year, just like they do every year, regardless of OOC schedules or "underwhelming" wins.

Full of sound and fury ...
choochooCharlie

Ok. This argument surmised in one paragraph

So someone hates the NESCAC, and points out Middlebury’s small OOC. Someone who loves the NESCAC retorts that the small OOC is conference mandated, and a high percentage of that small OOC are ranked opponents. NESCAC hater then responds by pointing out that the ranked OOC still is less in number than opposing top teams’ ranked OOC, and rarely has different opponents. NESCAC lover responds by citing that the committee will still take 4 NESCACs despite that.

You both stated undeniable facts. End of “argument.”
(I want you both on my debate team)
Last edited by choochooCharlie on Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:48 am Ok. This argument surmised in one paragraph

So someone hates the NESCAC, and points out the small OOC. Someone who loves the NESCAC retorts that the small OOC is conference mandated, and a high percentage of that small OOC are ranked opponents. NESCAC hater then responds by pointing out that the ranked OOC still is less in number than opposing top teams OOC, and rarely has different opponents. NESCAC lover responds by citing that the committee will still take 4 NESCACs despite that.

You both stated undeniable facts. End of “argument.”
(I want you both on my debate team)
That’s a decent summary. And the potential news this year is that the automatic bid for Nescac champion just might not be Tufts (???) who does have a strong OOC.
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm
Alls I know is usually a lot of work is put into constructing a schedule by coaching staffs. Midd plays the same handful of teams year in and and year out. (Between the lazy scheduling and the late start, I’d like to know what the heck is going on in the offices up there). And so those underwhelming wins, while still wins, IMO are just that- underwhelming.

Another man's trash is another man's treasure... They schedule as many regular season games as any other Nescac team. Your desire for more games may be better for you / entertainment value but it's not better for the student athletes.
Right, “includes” makes it sound like there are at least a few other games. They have exactly one other OOC game. Springfield (like usual). What’s going on at Middlebury? Is funding an issue? Why do they play just 5 OOC games, 15 games total? Surely they can find other teams to play, maybe a few new ones too… wishful thinking…
[/quote]

Maybe your issue is with the conference and not Midd...? Nescac teams play 15 regular season games. Pretty smart from an expenses standpoint to find Top 20 teams to play within reasonable travel distance(s). I'm sure if you were capable of being an AD you'd be operating in the red, among other problems.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”