All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:06 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:21 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:08 am Some guys on the internet... a couple real dummies spreading misinformation :roll:

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/sta ... 7695900809
Want me to summarize?

"We still don't have direct evidence of where Coronavirus started".

I love how your mind works, where no matter what, Fauci et. al. were doing it wrong, and TeamTinFoil is right.

What you are telling us with your mockery is that you wanted Fauci to tell you that the leak likely came from the Chinese lab, even though no one had evidence of this in 2020. Still don't in 2024, but your theories don't need evidence, naturally. Only Fauci has to have evidence for things. :roll:

Did you get that? You wanted Fauci to tell you where Covid came from without evidence, while at the same time, you have lost your mind if Fauci ever told you something about Covid that didn't have evidence and scientific backing. Hammering him for trying to fly a plane while building it, instead of trying to help him with his task.

Cool. Keep this way of thinking going. It's awesome.

This is why I keep asking you: what would YOU have done.

You just can't figure out that if you put the head of TeamTinFoil in charge of Covid.....you and your fellow TeamTinFoils would throw stones at what they did. You don't understand that no matter what the US response was, you and your buds were going to tell them "they're doing it wrong".

Here's the parallel to this point: a former TeamTinFoil "the election is fraudulent" Trumper took office managing his counties elections. Want the short version of what happened? TeamTinFoil member gets elected to run County Elections in 2022, and runs it according to TeamTinFoil rules.

How does TeamTinFoil react? :lol: How the F do you think they reacted? Now this elected official and guy who was on their side ......is "in on the conspiracy". He wound up quitting the job because of threats, and the fact that no matter what he did, TeamTinFoil told him he was fixing elections. :lol: Awesome, right?

And now this man understands how freaking stupid he was behaving when he was a card-carrying member of TeamTinFoil: that no matter what he did, or how well he handled the election, TeamTinFoil would be there to tell him he's part of the problem, and "doing it wrong".

He now knows that there is no such thing as "doing it right" in the eyes of TeamTinFoil. You still haven't figured that out. Best of luck in the next pandemic. Want to get a preview of how the US .gov and our State Governors are handling it?

"They're doing it wrong". :roll:

Headline: Not MAGA enough: 2020 election skeptic quit his job after facing blowback from angry election deniers

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/12/politics ... index.html
Them chinks is enough evidence.
For a second I thought you were using it as a double entendre (chink in the armor) then I realized you weren’t bothering with that and being explicitly direct.

We all know it was Mickey Mouse banging a pangolin that started Covid.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:08 am Some guys on the internet... a couple real dummies spreading misinformation :roll:

Want me to summarize?

I love how your mind works, where no matter what, Fauci et. al. were doing it wrong, and TeamTinFoil is right.

What you are telling us with your mockery is that you wanted Fauci to tell you that the leak likely came from the Chinese lab, even though no one had evidence of this in 2020. Still don't in 2024, but your theories don't need evidence, naturally. Only Fauci has to have evidence for things. :roll:

Did you get that? You wanted Fauci to tell you where Covid came from without evidence, while at the same time, you have lost your mind if Fauci ever told you something about Covid that didn't have evidence and scientific backing. Hammering him for trying to fly a plane while building it, instead of trying to help him with his task.

You just can't figure out that if you put the head of TeamTinFoil in charge of Covid.....you and your fellow TeamTinFoils would throw stones at what they did. You don't understand that no matter what the US response was, you and your buds were going to tell them "they're doing it wrong".

Here's the parallel to this point: a former TeamTinFoil "the election is fraudulent" Trumper took office managing his counties elections. Want the short version of what happened? TeamTinFoil member gets elected to run County Elections in 2022, and runs it according to TeamTinFoil rules.

How does TeamTinFoil react? :lol: How the F do you think they reacted? Now this elected official and guy who was on their side ......is "in on the conspiracy". He wound up quitting the job because of threats, and the fact that no matter what he did, TeamTinFoil told him he was fixing elections. :lol: Awesome, right?

And now this man understands how freaking stupid he was behaving when he was a card-carrying member of TeamTinFoil: that no matter what he did, or how well he handled the election, TeamTinFoil would be there to tell him he's part of the problem, and "doing it wrong".

He now knows that there is no such thing as "doing it right" in the eyes of TeamTinFoil. You still haven't figured that out. Best of luck in the next pandemic. Want to get a preview of how the US .gov and our State Governors are handling it?

Headline: Not MAGA enough: 2020 election skeptic quit his job after facing blowback from angry election deniers

For a second I thought you were using it as a double entendre (chink in the armor) then I realized you weren’t bothering with that and being explicitly direct.

Just not being politically correct.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Want me to summarize?

Just not being politically correct.
Well yes that is the second way to read the term if not armor.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Want me to summarize?

You can label and call names to your heart's content... you can spin it to your comfort level all you need to a fan... but you can't keep truth from eventually coming out ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If I’m vague and allege everyone else is “spinning” and speak with arrogance of tone maybe I’ll con folks into thinking I know more than they do and am so enlightened.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:08 am

Want me to summarize?

You can label and call names to your heart's content... you can spin it to your comfort level all you need to a fan... but you can't keep truth from eventually coming out ;)
Well, maybe one day you'll tell me what you would have done if you were in Fauci's place. Because you'd learn that what I'm telling you is the gospel truth.

You experienced the "there is no right answer"....didn't you? You told us you dodged the MRNA vaxxes....and found that that vaccine you took wasn't perfect, either, did you not?

That's my point. Not taking the vaccine isn't perfect. Taking the vaccine isn't perfect. NOTHING you choose is perfect....and if you understand that, America's far from perfect response makes perfect sense. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 am

Want me to summarize?

Well, maybe one day you'll tell me what you would have done if you were in Fauci's place. Because you'd learn that what I'm telling you is the gospel truth.

You experienced the "there is no right answer"....didn't you? You told us you dodged the MRNA vaxxes....and found that that vaccine you took wasn't perfect, either, did you not?

That's my point. Not taking the vaccine isn't perfect. Taking the vaccine isn't perfect. NOTHING you choose is perfect....and if you understand that, America's far from perfect response makes perfect sense. ;)
Some people feel good not having bought a ticket to participate but rather lay the Statler and Waldorf role. It’s an ego booster to behave that way but just renders owns value diminished to nothing with respect to society going down that path.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:15 am

Want me to summarize?

Some people feel good not having bought a ticket to participate but rather lay the Statler and Waldorf role. It’s an ego booster to behave that way but just renders owns value diminished to nothing with respect to society going down that path.
If memory serves me, many were fighting tooth and nail for NOT doing what was imposed by Fauxi and Crew. And when they were caught fighting back, they faced legal issues. Cheap shot by you, pining on.

If you recall, it didn't seem to overly impact nurses and physicians dying like those with comorbidities, or those in the "essential personel" category, like me, who was working in public settings the entire duration. So, yes....plenty, even here, were arguing for not locking the US down, to blindly throw that insinuation around is not a fair fight.

The one Princeton gentleman speaking on that podcast, tried to bring that (science data) in front of the decision makers....they were not having it, it was Facui's way or the highway. Now go pump some mRNA... ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:15 am

Want me to summarize?

If memory serves me, many were fighting tooth and nail for NOT doing what was imposed by Fauxi and Crew. And when they were caught fighting back, they faced legal issues. Cheap shot by you, pining on.

If you recall, it didn't seem to overly impact nurses and physicians dying like those with comorbidities, or those in the "essential personel" category, like me, who was working in public settings the entire duration. So, yes....plenty, even here, were arguing for not locking the US down, to blindly throw that insinuation around is not a fair fight.

The one Princeton gentleman speaking on that podcast, tried to bring that (science data) in front of the decision makers....they were not having it, it was Facui's way or the highway. Now go pump some mRNA... ;) :lol:
This is out of left field.

I’m not nor ever once said I was in favor of universal lockdown. I understand it and think it was a reasonable decision to come to even if I disagreed. Fighting it also seemed dumb to me. Denying its existence and trying to hide information the way the White House did then was horrible behavior.

“Blindly” locking down. I reject that characterization. Doing something without knowing all the information (we still don’t in fact) is not doing something “blindly” which is incendiary and it ended to mean something more about the approach to the down without saying it.

I believe I’ve seen you submit the axiom “don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good” here (if not my bad but if you hadn’t and believe it to be true please don’t stand in a hill that I’m putting things in your mouth and just acknowledge you agree with it or don’t if haven’t said it here). That’s what decision making is. No matter how many possibilities. Outcomes are always unknown because of randomness of our environment so every decision is made without knowing the outcome.

And all this aside what the hell are you responding to? I’m talking about someone who will talk ish but never put their own clear and distinct beliefs or thoughts on wax and yet takes shots all over the place asserting they know everyone else’s intentions and minds frequently. Afans challenge will never be accepted because that’s not who the guy is it’s not his character or in his dna as observed by heavier here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:59 pm If you recall, it didn't seem to overly impact nurses and physicians dying like those with comorbidities, or those in the "essential personel" category, like me, who was working in public settings the entire duration.
Not sure I understand this thought....are you saying nurses, physicians and folks like you who couldn't isolate weren't dying.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:59 pm So, yes....plenty, even here, were arguing for not locking the US down, to blindly throw that insinuation around is not a fair fight.
And plenty of Governors did exactly that. Welcome to Democracy. All 50 Governors made different choices, and not ONE of them followed Fauci's advice. And let us not forget that Fauci had a boss.....Trump, and then Biden. He had NO POWER to do anything, despite the erroneous claims that he did.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:59 pm The one Princeton gentleman speaking on that podcast, tried to bring that (science data) in front of the decision makers....they were not having it, it was Facui's way or the highway. Now go pump some mRNA... ;) :lol:
Of course it was!! This is my exact point to Tech: put the Princeton guy in charge. Do ya think folks would stop throwing stones because a "you agree with" was put in charge? Or worse, diddle around for months while he tries to get "scientific consensus" from every Doctor on Earth?

This is a silly take: what you are asking Fauci to do is make zero decisions, stop what he's doing, and "listen" to every single person in the world that has an MD.

What would you and Tech have done? You would have complained that they're all over the place, and wasting time in committee....you know that, again, is the gospel truth.

What will it take to get your guys to understand that there's no such thing as "the right move", and stop throwing stones at this man?

The ONLY right move for Fauci was the lesson from the WarGames: quit, and give no advice at all. You cannot name a decision or path that I can't throw stones at, fellas.

And I said this in real time, as it happened: I gave credit to Trump and every single Governor for being between a rock and a hard place, with no right moves. Have a look if you don't believe me.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Want me to summarize?

First of all, did you watch until you heard the name Fauci, got hung up, and then decided to stop there? You missed the intention of the podcast and I can't believe you did. These gentlemen explain, in as close to layman's terms as possible, how SARS-CoV-2 was created in the lab through gain-of-function research, within the context of the pandemic's history and key actors who did all they could to cover up their accountability, and that certainly includes Fauci. But the objective of the podcast is a clarion call to stop GOF research. Watch the entire podcast before deciding it's just another attack on Fauci.

As to "what would you have done"... such a stupid question and just one of your silly distractions. Obviously I'm not an expert in public health but that doesn't mean I can't opine on or criticize our supposed leaders for their lies, arrogance, and poor decisions, especially when some of those leaders are responsible for actually funding incredibly risky research, under less than secure conditions, that created the pandemic in the first place. My skeptical position throughout the pandemic and on this thread has been to post other POVs and push back against the mainstream narrative so pervasive and obnoxiously championed on this thread.

Good for you a fan, it's amazing you've finally figured out that mRNA is a different tech than conventional vaccines. Yep, I'm really really glad I didn't take the mRNA shot. I wasn't expecting "perfect" (strawman dude :roll: ) but of course I had to do something for my work and family. I made the right choice for myself based on the difference between the shot techs. So, "there was no right answer" isn't relevant.

You go ahead though and brush everything under the rug a fan even as more truth comes out.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am

Want me to summarize?

First of all, did you watch until you heard the name Fauci, got hung up, and then decided to stop there? You missed the intention of the podcast and I can't believe you did. These gentlemen explain, in as close to layman's terms as possible, how SARS-CoV-2 was created in the lab through gain-of-function research, within the context of the pandemic's history and key actors who did all they could to cover up their accountability, and that certainly includes Fauci. But the objective of the podcast is a clarion call to stop GOF research. Watch the entire podcast before deciding it's just another attack on Fauci.

As to "what would you have done"... such a stupid question and just one of your silly distractions. Obviously I'm not an expert in public health but that doesn't mean I can't opine on or criticize our supposed leaders for their lies, arrogance, and poor decisions, especially when some of those leaders are responsible for actually funding incredibly risky research, under less than secure conditions, that created the pandemic in the first place. My skeptical position throughout the pandemic and on this thread has been to post other POVs and push back against the mainstream narrative so pervasive and obnoxiously championed on this thread.

Good for you a fan, it's amazing you've finally figured out that mRNA is a different tech than conventional vaccines. Yep, I'm really really glad I didn't take the mRNA shot. I wasn't expecting "perfect" (strawman dude :roll: ) but of course I had to do something for my work and family. I made the right choice for myself based on the difference between the shot techs. So, "there was no right answer" isn't relevant.

You go ahead though and brush everything under the rug a fan even as more truth comes out.
Since you are supportive of research by professionals:

https://www.science.org/content/article ... dence-harm

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06800-3

Please share your thoughts after reading…..thanks
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

You reap what you sow - the measles vaccine has been in use for decades and almost eradicated the disease - but now lumped in with the current mRNA vaccine mania and this is what we're in for sadly.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/measles ... 37190.html
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:37 am You reap what you sow - the measles vaccine has been in use for decades and almost eradicated the disease - but now lumped in with the current mRNA vaccine mania and this is what we're in for sadly.

Tech, Kramer, YA and that Russell dude have been helping to lead the charge in this relapse.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am First of all, did you watch until you heard the name Fauci, got hung up, and then decided to stop there? You missed the intention of the podcast and I can't believe you did. These gentlemen explain, in as close to layman's terms as possible, how SARS-CoV-2 was created in the lab through gain-of-function research, within the context of the pandemic's history and key actors who did all they could to cover up their accountability, and that certainly includes Fauci. But the objective of the podcast is a clarion call to stop GOF research. Watch the entire podcast before deciding it's just another attack on Fauci.
I did listen. That's an OPINION. You and your buds have latched on to the term GOF in a perfect illustration of Dunning Kruger. You don't know what the F your'e talking about, but that won't stop you.

You hear an opinion that you like, and bandy it about as fact.

Want some other opinions about the catch all phrase "GOF"....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK285579/

By all means, pretend that you've been educated enough to understand this. You've got a giant ego that I don't have....not only do I not understand what is IN this paper....I have NO WAY of knowing what is NOT in that paper. But you do, Dr. Tech, so have at it.

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am As to "what would you have done"... such a stupid question and just one of your silly distractions. Obviously I'm not an expert in public health but that doesn't mean I can't opine on or criticize our supposed leaders for their lies, arrogance, and poor decisions, especially when some of those leaders are responsible for actually funding incredibly risky research, under less than secure conditions, that created the pandemic in the first place
A. you're telling me that you're not qualified to tell me what you would do if you were in charge of US pandemic response....yet on the other hand, you ARE qualified to throw stones at those who did make those decisions.

And you're also telling me that you don't understand how stupid that is. Cool. Keep it up.
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am My skeptical position throughout the pandemic and on this thread has been to post other POVs and push back against the mainstream narrative so pervasive and obnoxiously championed on this thread.
You're not listening. And learned NOTHING from my citation of the election-denier who was put in charge of the 2022 election.

Take your Bhattacharya: you like him, right? Great. Put him in charge of the US pandemic response. What do you think you and your buds would do? Do you think you'd cheer him on, telling him how awesome a job he's doing? :lol: Nope.

You'd do the exact same thing you did to Fauci You'd hammer his resume. Question all his past choices. He would turn into the guy you would criticizes for " lies, arrogance, and poor decisions".

If you don't understand this? You're f*cked.

Want to hear how you'll behave in the next pandemic? I don't know what the disease is, who is in charge, or what they will do......how much do you want to bet that you'll be on here with your buds, telling us that they lying, corrupt, and incompetent? :roll:

There is no right path. If you're HONESTLY so out there that you don't get that, then I'm out.
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am Good for you a fan, it's amazing you've finally figured out that mRNA is a different tech than conventional vaccines.
Say the guy who has no freaking idea how the J&J vaccine was made. Or how any other vaccine was made. But sure, the mRNA are bad, and the others are awesome. Brilliant.
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am Yep, I'm really really glad I didn't take the mRNA shot. I wasn't expecting "perfect" (strawman dude :roll:
You're lying. Flat out lying. You just whined about "poor decisions" in the above, FFS.

Do you and your buds not know what's coming next time? If we have a pandemic in the next couple of decades, the head of the CDC will see what you did to Fauci...and go work for a sh*tton more money at BigPharm, and tell you and your buds to go F yourselves.

Do you know how many death threats Fauci and others who tried to keep you and your family breathing got from your buds?

Keep it up. Next time, you'll get what you want: you and your fellow internet experts will fend for yourselves, while the 1%ers will get world class care and advice, and yep, some of it will be wrong. Shocker. And you'll STILL think there's a conspiracy from the .gov. :roll:
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am You go ahead though and brush everything under the rug a fan even as more truth comes out.
Says the guy who believed in the Deep State. And every conspiracy theorist ever born said the same. What are you gonna do with this "truth"?

I asked this in 2020, where you and your buds were certain that it came from a lab, what with your PhD in Internet Virology, and all....what are you gonna do if it came from China? Tell them what to do? :roll: Good luck with that.

The best part of all of this is that you don't get that it's you and your buds that have the giant ego here. You think you can research this stuff. Dunning Kruger, is all I have to say to that. Keep it up.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:37 am You reap what you sow - the measles vaccine has been in use for decades and almost eradicated the disease - but now lumped in with the current mRNA vaccine mania and this is what we're in for sadly.

Tech, Kramer, YA and that Russell dude have been helping to lead the charge in this relapse.
Told you this would happen when the stupidity started.

And when are you libertarians gonna rip down State laws surrounding vaccines that we're injecting into 5 year olds? Remember, you think the Government shouldn't force you to get an injection, fellas. You gonna put your money where you mouth is, and stop these vaccine mandates for polio, MMR etc.? Remember, the government is bad, and it's a conspiracy to kill your kids.

:roll:
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:37 am

Told you this would happen when the stupidity started.

And when are you libertarians gonna rip down State laws surrounding vaccines that we're injecting into 5 year olds? Remember, you think the Government shouldn't force you to get an injection, fellas. You gonna put your money where you mouth is, and stop these vaccine mandates for polio, MMR etc.? Remember, the government is bad, and it's a conspiracy to kill your kids.

:roll:
https://time.com/27308/4-diseases-makin ... i-vaxxers/

The boys should be happy to do their part!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Why do you lie to make your point? You're a liar. I was vaccinated against Covid.

Find one post of mine that shows I'm anti-vaxx or against any vaccine outside of the Moderna or Pfizer mNRA Covid vaccines.

Stop lying.

Return to “POLITICS”