Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:41 pm I hope your not referring to me? I'm still 100% against women serving in frontline combat units. That is not so much because they are not qualified to do so. It is because I understand how GIs think when women are around. This is not a smart ass remark. The average ground pounder is an excellent soldier. You put women into the mix and getting laid quickly becomes predominates over fighting. If they could could shoot and have sex at the same time some dog face would figure out how.
What MD & FFG said. It was a commentary on the EndWokeness guy, who also happens to accidentaly leaves in Cyrillic letters in some of his posts.

Military is probably closer to what America looks like in its racial makeup than most businesses. Still about 80% men, which is to be expected.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:41 pm I hope your not referring to me? I'm still 100% against women serving in frontline combat units. That is not so much because they are not qualified to do so. It is because I understand how GIs think when women are around. This is not a smart ass remark. The average ground pounder is an excellent soldier. You put women into the mix and getting laid quickly becomes predominates over fighting. If they could could shoot and have sex at the same time some dog face would figure out how.
What MD & FFG said. It was a commentary on the EndWokeness guy, who also happens to accidentaly leaves in Cyrillic letters in some of his posts.

Military is probably closer to what America looks like in its racial makeup than most businesses. Still about 80% men, which is to be expected.
Bros before Hoes!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:00 pm

Bros before Hoes!
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Bros before Hoes!
There's a reason that's the Navy's motto.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:10 pm

Bros before Hoes!
There's a reason that's the Navy's motto.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's being seen as the most conservative immigration legislation in 30 years, and MANY Senate republicans are pushing for it Big Time, including the one and only Huckleberry Graham (!) Biden and the Dems in the Senate have reached a compromise (again) with their republic counterparts to improve America's governance in an area that SORELY needs it. [Not to mention support for Ukraine and Israel]...TWO MONTHS the Senate has been working on a compromise on immigration policy.

So we now have House republicans, lead by the sanctimonious, lickspittle, OD numbnut from Louisiana, Mike Johnson...holding greatly improved border security hostage so that JOE BIDEN DOESN'T GET AN ELECTION SEASON "WIN"!?!??

These parties are in NO WAY equally bad, equally stupid and equally incompetent. These junior house republicans, including their "leader", are absolutely THE WORST when it comes to politics. They are just lousy human beings, period.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:13 am It's being seen as the most conservative immigration legislation in 30 years, and MANY Senate republicans are pushing for it Big Time, including the one and only Huckleberry Graham (!) Biden and the Dems in the Senate have reached a compromise (again) with their republic counterparts to improve America's governance in an area that SORELY needs it. [Not to mention support for Ukraine and Israel]...TWO MONTHS the Senate has been working on a compromise on immigration policy.

So we now have House republicans, lead by the sanctimonious, lickspittle, OD numbnut from Louisiana, Mike Johnson...holding greatly improved border security hostage so that JOE BIDEN DOESN'T GET AN ELECTION SEASON "WIN"!?!??

These parties are in NO WAY equally bad, equally stupid and equally incompetent. These junior house republicans, including their "leader", are absolutely THE WORST when it comes to politics. They are just lousy human beings, period.

Why didn't Joe do something about it 3 years ago? Wait he did do something, he inserted a mega dose of FUBAR at the Southern Border. Now that he realizes he made a huge mistake he is all hot and bothered to pretend he accomplished something. The flip side of the coin Dis is Joe would like to be able to take a victory lap claiming he fixed the Southern Border. That sure would look pretty on his resume while campaigning. It's not like both parties have an agenda here? This is just a suggestion for Joe, start your victory lap now. It might take him until November to do the old man shuffle around the track. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:13 am It's being seen as the most conservative immigration legislation in 30 years, and MANY Senate republicans are pushing for it Big Time, including the one and only Huckleberry Graham (!) Biden and the Dems in the Senate have reached a compromise (again) with their republic counterparts to improve America's governance in an area that SORELY needs it. [Not to mention support for Ukraine and Israel]...TWO MONTHS the Senate has been working on a compromise on immigration policy.

Why didn't Joe do something about it 3 years ago? Wait he did do something, he inserted a mega dose of FUBAR at the Southern Border. Now that he realizes he made a huge mistake he is all hot and bothered to pretend he accomplished something. The flip side of the coin Dis is Joe would like to be able to take a victory lap claiming he fixed the Southern Border. That sure would look pretty on his resume while campaigning. It's not like both parties have an agenda here? This is just a suggestion for Joe, start your victory lap now. It might take him until November to do the old man shuffle around the track. :D
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Have you seen the bill that Biden & the Senate agree on ? Please share the details in the bill with us.
Has the Senate debated the bill yet ? Voted on it yet ? Sent it to the House for compromise yet ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I read this the other day. The small border town of eagle pass has had approximately 6000 people a day entering through the southern born. It has been their responsibility to accommodate them, provide food, clothing, shelter and medical care. They have been overwhelmed for months. The only time the feds showed any interest in the situation at eagle pass is when the State of Texas became fed up and did something about it. Now the feds became all bent out of shape about that. They boldly declared that securing the border was their responsibility.

Texas protested to the feds that they weren't doing a damn thing to secure the border at eagle pass. The feds fired back that wasn't the point. The point is securing the border is their responsibility. Texas fired back that the feds weren't doing diddly squat to secure the border. This back and forth continued ad nauseum for months. Then Texas said screw you feds we will fix it on our own. The feds, finally waking up from their coma informed Texas the hell you will, securing the border is our job. Texas reminded the feds that they weren't doing their job. The feds reminded Texas that fact was irrelevant.

Too bad the Marx Brothers are long gone. Groucho would have had a world of enjoyment poking fun at this fiasco. Groucho could have called it " a day at the border" :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 am

Have you seen the bill that Biden & the Senate agree on ? Please share the details in the bill with us.
Has the Senate debated the bill yet ? Voted on it yet ? Sent it to the House for compromise yet ?
Pesky little irrelevant details OS. The audacity of you for even inquiring about them. ;) The pertinent point is that there is a bill. It never ceases to amaze me that the only time the folks in DC do anything is in an election year. Then it's " OH SNAP" we have to pretend to do something about it. Just tell the minions we have a bill and the problem is well on the way to being solved. :roll:
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 amHave you seen the bill that Biden & the Senate agree on ? Please share the details in the bill with us.
Here's some current news on the issue:

Daily Immigration News Clips – January 22, 2024

Most reporting i am seeing is saying that there has been real compromise on issues in the Senate, issues like higher bars for asylum, expedited removal authority and limits on parole, among others.

The fact that Trump has his hand up Mike Johnson's skirts is troubling...it's all about election optics to that maroon...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:44 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 amHave you seen the bill that Biden & the Senate agree on ? Please share the details in the bill with us.

Most reporting i am seeing is saying that there has been real compromise on issues in the Senate, issues like higher bars for asylum, expedited removal authority and limits on parole, among others.

The fact that Trump has his hand up Mike Johnson's skirts is troubling...it's all about election optics to that maroon...

A fair question is why was this problem not addressed or fixed many years ago? It couldn't possibly be related to the fact it is an election year and anyone who is not totally blind can see the situation at the southern border is a complete mess. it looks like Joe finally is feeling the pain from that thorn in his paw and needs it pulled.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 am

Looking for more. It won't matter. House will kill it to stick it to Biden....Party before Country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna134348
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The pols don't want to actually solve the problem. They only want to RUN on a promise to do something or to demonize their opponents
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:12 pm

A fair question is why was this problem not addressed or fixed many years ago? It couldn't possibly be related to the fact it is an election year and anyone who is not totally blind can see the situation at the southern border is a complete mess. it looks like Joe finally is feeling the pain from that thorn in his paw and needs it pulled.
Is Batman a transvestite?

Who knows?

Better question is: what will be done now? Results are important, not blame.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:41 pm The pols don't want to actually solve the problem. They only want to RUN on a promise to do something or to demonize their opponents
I've been saying the same thing for years. When you actually fix a problem you can no longer use the problem to campaign on. Our beloved late Congresswoman Louise Slaughter served 16 terms in Congress always opining she needed to be reelected so she could go back to Washington and fix what was broken. Bless her heart but in 36 years she never fixed anything that was broken. She did bring money to Rochester to build a new train station in downtown. In her honor they renamed the train station after her.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 pm

Who knows?

That is a quick and easy answer. The politicians have finally been backed into a corner. The situation at the southern border has become so bad that they can no longer ignore it. If they had their druthers though they would prefer to ignore it. They have had no problem ignoring it for over 40 years.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:28 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 pm

Who knows?

That is a quick and easy answer. The politicians have finally been backed into a corner. The situation at the southern border has become so bad that they can no longer ignore it. If they had their druthers though they would prefer to ignore it. They have had no problem ignoring it for over 40 years.
Surely they can ignore it and blame one another for how bad it is. Take it to the bank.
Until we all start electing people who want to solve problems and not create them not much is going to change.

Return to “POLITICS”