January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:20 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:46 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:30 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:47 pm
Yeah. The ExcuseMan cometh. That's why the shelves are empty & the products are locked up behind glass. Have a Bud Light.
I am not making an excuse for thieves. Just providing some hard data. Hopefully it gets better. Pharmacies in my town don’t have stuff locked up.
Why not?
God has blessed people here.
Nah that’s cape cod not Fairfield Co.
Nantucket
I always thought there was some weirdness on those little isles connected to Fairfield like saugutuck but can’t say it’s all elite there as I have an older Hobart alum buddy who lives there, early-mid 80s grad (played lax named Dan Donnelly for any upstate 80s laxers floating around here) who’s a very blue collar type, sales guy haven’t talked to ina. Few years but worked at gartner in sales most recently. So I know they aren’t all loaded and out of touch there.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:20 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am
Yeah. The ExcuseMan cometh. That's why the shelves are empty & the products are locked up behind glass. Have a Bud Light.
I am not making an excuse for thieves. Just providing some hard data. Hopefully it gets better. Pharmacies in my town don’t have stuff locked up.
Why not?
God has blessed people here.
Nah that’s cape cod not Fairfield Co.
Nantucket
I always thought there was some weirdness on those little isles connected to Fairfield like saugutuck but can’t say it’s all elite there as I have an older Hobart alum buddy who lives there, early-mid 80s grad (played lax named Dan Donnelly for any upstate 80s laxers floating around here) who’s a very blue collar type, sales guy haven’t talked to ina. Few years but worked at gartner in sales most recently. So I know they aren’t all loaded and out of touch there.
You never hear much about them. My daughter’s boyfriend had a summer job ferrying people off to some small island off the coast.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Why not?
I heard our friend just got through SEAL training. That makes 5 former lacrosse players from town. Was with a dad with 2. Meantioned 35% are from the Northeast.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 am
Those pharmacies that have not gone out of business yet are keeping them locked up where I live. The local investigative reporters just covered the issue last week here in Rochester. For some reason socks and underwear are very popular now with shoplifters. There is a Walgreens not far from where I live that my wife and I frequent. The folks that work there will tell you that shoplifting in their store has been out of control for months. When the store is no longer profitable for Walgreens they will shut it down. They have already done so to several stores where we live. Then the people in the communities they serve complain about living in a prescription desert. :roll: I normally get any prescriptions at our local Wegmans. There is no shortage of "asset protection people" all over the store. Of course Danny Wegman knows he can't afford not to try and protect his merchandise. You can't walk 2 steps in any direction in his stores without being caught on a camera.
https://www.axios.com/local/san-francis ... s-on-theft

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/06/busi ... index.html

https://en.as.com/latest_news/why-is-wa ... to%20Kehoe.

The problem is Walgreens Executives haven’t talked to Cradle and the store manager at the Rochester location. Probably aren’t checking tik tok and Twitter.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:12 am
Why not?
I heard our friend just got through SEAL training. That makes 5 former lacrosse players from town. Was with a dad with 2. Meantioned 35% are from the Northeast.
Yep, he already had a short deployment and is back home.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:12 am
Why not?
Yep, he already had a short deployment and is back home.
❤️
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Only Old Salt is allowe to make excuses for felons.

Why don't you tell OS that the FBi tricked these idiots into stealing stuff, and they're registered Republicans, TLD?

Then he will not only not care or notice the felons.....he'll go after the police for daring to arrest them. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:22 am
Those pharmacies that have not gone out of business yet are keeping them locked up where I live. The local investigative reporters just covered the issue last week here in Rochester. For some reason socks and underwear are very popular now with shoplifters. There is a Walgreens not far from where I live that my wife and I frequent. The folks that work there will tell you that shoplifting in their store has been out of control for months. When the store is no longer profitable for Walgreens they will shut it down. They have already done so to several stores where we live. Then the people in the communities they serve complain about living in a prescription desert. :roll: I normally get any prescriptions at our local Wegmans. There is no shortage of "asset protection people" all over the store. Of course Danny Wegman knows he can't afford not to try and protect his merchandise. You can't walk 2 steps in any direction in his stores without being caught on a camera.

The problem is Walgreens Executives haven’t talked to Cradle and the store manager at the Rochester location. Probably aren’t checking tik tok and Twitter.
Those empty Walgreen stores that were not constructed all that long ago tell a different story. Are they just pretending to be OOB? Maybe they are just playing possum? Are my eyes deceiving me?? Wake up little Walgreen store...wake up sleepy head.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Those empty Walgreen stores that were not constructed all that long ago tell a different story. Are they just pretending to be OOB? Maybe they are just playing possum? Are my eyes deceiving me?? Wake up little Walgreen store...wake up sleepy head.
Maybe they couldn’t get enough efficiency out of their EOQ. Any of those article state that no Walgreen stores have closed? You apply to McKinsey or Booz Allen?

"The economics of running those stores have just unraveled, and they're not as profitable as they once were," said Neil Saunders, managing director of the analytics company GlobalData Retail. "Retailers are looking to offload them."

"Now we've got players like Dollar General that's moved in, we've got expansion of supermarkets, and Walmart is more of a destination in many of these areas," Saunders added. "So that's really cleaned off some of the trade of these stores."

Independent pharmacies are also facing many of the same challenges as the larger national chains. According to a recent survey from the National Community Pharmacists Association, independent pharmacies reported the slimmest profit margins in the 10 years the organization has been collecting data.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Maybe they couldn’t get enough efficiency out of their EOQ. Any of those article state that no Walgreen stores have closed?
Mostly the ones that were being robbed blind. They have some good company with the empty CVS and Rite Aid stores. One of them a former CVS 5 minutes from my house has been transformed into a store that buys blood plasma. Because everybody wants to sell blood Plasma.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

https://news.wttw.com/2023/10/16/drug-s ... here-s-why

Old Salt and Cradle blame FLP and BLM….. Cradle and Salt Consultants LLC has a nice ring to it
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Maybe they couldn’t get enough efficiency out of their EOQ. Any of those article state that no Walgreen stores have closed?
Mostly the ones that were being robbed blind. They have some good company with the empty CVS and Rite Aid stores. One of them a former CVS 5 minutes from my house has been transformed into a store that buys blood plasma. Because everybody wants to sell blood Plasma.
You missed your calling.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:12 pm More excuses cometh:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryroelof ... 0ebd4b41f4
Your griping at the wrong guy. One of our local TV investigative reporters did a pretty lengthy piece explaining what they discovered about the closings. There must be a conspiracy among those 3 drug chains lying about why they closed down all of these stores. Of course I could still be correct that they are simply taking a nap and have overslept. Why was that young lady lying to my wife and I about the never ending theft problem at her store. Damn her. Damn her all to hell. The wife and I are going to have a chat with her. She lied to us about all the merchandise stored under lock and key. Maybe Walgreen simply can't afford all of those locks they are buying? Unless maybe they have started stealing the locks too. :o

Just out of curiosity TLD what would be the logic of Walgreens, CVS and Rite AId to spend mega bucks to construct these brand new stores simply to shut them down in under 5 years? I'm not a business wiz but it sure doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I know any business worth its salt investigates the market first before investing the money, time and effort to build the store in the first place. I know a pizza store owner fairly well who does many months of due diligence looking for locations, traffic patterns and other pizza joints near buy. He won't plunk down dollar number one until he is assured the new store will be profitable. Maybe there is a tax write off for these chains or maybe their management is simply flat out stupid. :roll:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:26 pm

Your griping at the wrong guy. One of our local TV investigative reporters did a pretty lengthy piece explaining what they discovered about the closings. There must be a conspiracy among those 3 drug chains lying about why they closed down all of these stores. Of course I could still be correct that they are simply taking a nap and have overslept. Why was that young lady lying to my wife and I about the never ending theft problem at her store. Damn her. Damn her all to hell. The wife and I are going to have a chat with her. She lied to us about all the merchandise stored under lock and key. Maybe Walgreen simply can't afford all of those locks they are buying? Unless maybe they have started stealing the locks too. :o
Who said Walgreens wasn’t closing stores and didn’t have any theft?

https://wham1180.iheart.com/content/202 ... iks-fault/
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:38 pm

The reason for closing most businesses are because they are no longer profitable. Why would they become unprofitable if the market research would have told them otherwise? It sure is a mystery to me. :? Any idea what the baseline is for shrinkage before you lock the doors?
These closings are not the fault of Mayor Evans. The genesis of these issues began before he ever took office. Your not going to like my analysis but people will steal because they can and for the most part there are no consequences. You go to Home Depot often? Two years ago I could walk in, pick up a new weed whacker, take it to the register and pay for it. Today I have to go to the service desk, wait for an associate who has the key to the locked cage, then get your weed whacker and escort you to the register and watch you until the transaction is complete. Home Depot has also ditched self checkout registers because allegedly people were walking out of the store with merchandise without paying for it I know hard to believe right? On busy weekends Home Depot has an armed security right at the exit door. Dylan was right all those ago when he sang that the times they are a changing. Now that is not what he meant but the times they are a changing. Hell recently HD started putting their Purdy and Wooster paint brushes in a locked cabinet. Those 10 dollar sash brushes were walking out the door at an alarming rate. Hell on some days when they are not too busy the Irondequoit Police keep a car parked out front to expedite the journey of shoplifters off to the slammer. One note, if you get caught shoplifting at HD they will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. I hope you really need that sash brush when you decide to steal it.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:49 pm

The reason for closing most businesses are because they are no longer profitable. Why would they become unprofitable if the market research would have told them otherwise? It sure is a mystery to me. :? Any idea what the baseline is for shrinkage before you lock the doors?
You didn’t read any of the articles. The answers are in there.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:57 pm

I read the articles. Two explanations, racism or too much thievery, take your pick, depends who your talking to. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:16 pm

I read the articles. Two explanations, racism or too much thievery, take your pick, depends who your talking to. :roll:
You didn’t read the articles…..any you mean it depends on who YOU are talking to….not who I talk to.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:16 pm

You didn’t read the articles…..any you mean it depends on who YOU are talking to….not who I talk to.
Found this fun thing in one of the articles...

Walgreens’ chief financial officer last January admitted that the company exaggerated the claims of retail theft when it relied on the excuse to close the San Francisco stores.

Also, it's amazing that these stores didn't build in a once in a lifetime pandemic into their 5 year models when building new stores. Only an idiot would leave that out.

Return to “POLITICS”