OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Relax77

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by Relax77 »

You are correct. I don’t know how to add a pic. Penn state just added it. I got that from inside lax
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:24 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:15 pm Finally. Penn State

02/13 @ Bucknell
02/16 vs Colorado
02/20 vs Pitt
02/24 vs Princeton
02/28 @ Drexel
03/02 @ Loyola
03/09 @ Rutgers
03/12 @ Lehigh
03/16 @ Cornell
03/22 vs Northwestern
04/03 Vs Nova
04/06 vs Michigan
04/13 @ Maryland
04/17 vs Vanderbilt
04/20 vs Johns Hopkins
That doesn't look right. The Hopkins game got moved to 4/18. Don't think they play Villanova on 4/3. That's the date for the Vandy game. Don't think they play Nova at all.

You are correct. I didn’t know how to post a pic from a screenshot of heir instagram and went with what they had on Inside Lacrosse which was wrong. I fixed it.
Last edited by Relax77 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

02/13 @ Bucknell
02/16 vs Colorado
02/20 vs Pitt
02/24 vs Princeton
02/28 @ Drexel
03/02 @ Loyola
03/09 @ Rutgers
03/12 @ Lehigh
03/16 @ Cornell
03/22 vs Northwestern
03/28. Vs Ohio State
04/03 Vs Nova
04/06 vs Michigan
04/13 @ Maryland
04/18. vs Johns Hopkins
This should be the right schedule.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:31 pm

02/13 @ Bucknell
02/16 vs Colorado
02/20 vs Pitt
02/24 vs Princeton
02/28 @ Drexel
03/02 @ Loyola
03/09 @ Rutgers
03/12 @ Lehigh
03/16 @ Cornell
03/22 vs Northwestern
03/28. Vs Ohio State
04/03 Vs Nova
04/06 vs Michigan
04/13 @ Maryland
04/18. vs Johns Hopkins
Replace Nova with Vandy and you got it. :D
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:34 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:31 pm

02/13 @ Bucknell
02/16 vs Colorado
02/20 vs Pitt
02/24 vs Princeton
02/28 @ Drexel
03/02 @ Loyola
03/09 @ Rutgers
03/12 @ Lehigh
03/16 @ Cornell
03/22 vs Northwestern
03/28. Vs Ohio State
04/03 Vs Nova
04/06 vs Michigan
04/13 @ Maryland
04/18. vs Johns Hopkins
Replace Nova with Vandy and you got it. :D
Haha. I did on the other one. Feel like you have to be a coder to figure out how to post a screen shot. 😁
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Clemson finally officially drops...
Attachments
clemson.jpg
clemson.jpg (119.34 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
OuttaNowhereWregget

Penn State's 2024 Slate

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

2.13 at Bucknell
2.16 Colorado
2.20 Pittsburgh
2.24 Princeton
2.28 at Drexel

3.2 at Loyola
3.9 at Rutgers
3.12 at Lehigh
3.16 at Cornell
3.22 Northwestern
3.28 at Ohio State

4.3 Vanderbilt
4.6 Michigan
4.13 at Maryland
4.18 Johns Hopkins
laxguy95

Post by laxguy95 »

https://twitter.com/uncwlax/status/1745098187956801911

"I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer back in the fall.
I am currently on the tail end of my treatment and am on track to be cancer-free in the next few weeks. I am extremely grateful for UNC Health and my doctors who have aided in my care. They have all worked tirelessly to ensure that I am back to good health and can continue playing the game I love.With the season soon approaching, I am now shifting my focus towards the team, our collective goals and what we are going to accomplish together."
— Alecia Nicholas
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Wishing Alecia a full and speedy recovery!
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

Alecia and family are strong people
OuttaNowhereWregget

Why I'm glad we still have free position...

...and one more year of Maddy Baxter.

Great angle here of a free position shot and score. I'm very glad this aspect of women's lacrosse survived the asinine suggestion/proposal to eliminate it from the sport. The free position shot is, and should always be, an essential component of women’s lacrosse. It brings variety to the game. A break in the action. A chance for the players to catch their breath, refocus, prepare, etc. Free position shots afford ofttimes dramatic opportunities to put a valuable point on the board, to perhaps tie the score, send the game into overtime, break an individual or team record, win the game, win a conference title or win a national championship.

The shot itself? I'm admittedly ignorant as to many of the finer points of the game, but this looks like it was masterfully disguised by Baxter.

As to Baxter herself (aka Pippi Longstocking at this address--for her fiery, long red hair and moxie), she's one of those players my eyes are drawn to whenever she plays. She just stands out for a number of reasons. Her height distinguishes her as does her regal gait. She's also bold to cage and never shies away from getting right in the middle of scrums for loose balls. Very expressive, as well. I wish her and the Orange success this year (insofar as it doesn't interfere with Northwestern, Boston College or any of my other favorite teams--haha.)

Go Maddy, GO!
scrantonlax

Post by scrantonlax »

And like Kenny Wregget, you love the Canadians ONW.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Of Ken Wregget, Canadians and the Montreal Canadiens

scrantonlax wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:39 pm And like Kenny Wregget, you love the Canadians ONW.
As far as Canadian born women who play lacrosse--yes--I'm always glad to see players from Canada, and other countries, come to matriculate and compete in the United States. Megan Kinna (NU), Nicole Perroni (Louisville), Aurora Cordingley (JHU, UMd) and Erica Evans (Canisius, UMd) are/were favorites of mine for their style of play. And of course, the aforementioned Madalyn Baxter (Syracuse).

O Canada is a very enjoyable national anthem to listen to and sing along with, as well. I've listened to it sung many a time before many a hockey game.

I always detested the Montreal Canadiens. I'm from Boston so the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge were the cause of many a heartache for my (at the time I was following hockey) beloved Bruins. I always found their entitled fans insufferable, loudly moaning and jeering at the zebras whenever one of their players flopped, which was a frequent occurrence in the old Montreal Forum.

Love Ken Wregget, though. Lots of fond memories regarding him and his name:

viewtopic.php?p=402441#p402441
ultravisitor

Re: Of Ken Wregget, Canadians and the Montreal Canadiens

Post by ultravisitor »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:38 am As far as Canadian born women who play lacrosse--yes--I'm always glad to see players from Canada, and other countries, come to matriculate and compete in the United States. Megan Kinna (NU), Nicole Perroni (Louisville), Aurora Cordingley (JHU, UMd) and Erica Evans (Canisius, UMd) are/were favorites of mine for their style of play. And of course, the aforementioned Madalyn Baxter (Syracuse).
How could you leave out Selena Lasota?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Of Ken Wregget, Canadians and the Montreal Canadiens

ultravisitor wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 am How could you leave out Selena Lasota?
UGH!! You are so right!

OuttaNowhereWregget

Teams that play twice on opening weekend:

Teams I’m interested to see, that is.

Johns Hopkins opens on Friday Feb 9th at Albany 2pm, then play again on Sunday the 11th at Siena with a noon start. One of my favorite teams since I first started following the sport, Hop is a team I’m especially interested in seeing this year. The players have had more than a full year with McCormack, who has added some transfers, and had more time to instill his philosophy into his team. I’m hoping to see them take the next step and seriously challenge for the number two spot in the Big 10.

Then there’s Louisville, who plays at Denver on Friday, and again on Sunday at Colorado. I find this team compelling mostly because of the Nakazawa sisters, whose very special brand of lacrosse, learned and initially honed in Japan, is both fascinating and delightful to watch. Nicole Perroni is also a special talent.

Duke is a lower tier favorite team of mine. They’ll play at Navy on Friday and at High Point on Sunday. High Point has had surprisingly good broadcast production in years past. Hopefully that continues. I wonder if Duke will surprise this year after one of their more disappointing seasons in ’23.

Funny, there’s something about the seemingly endless offseason of women’s lacrosse that kind of lulls me (almost) into apathy about the sport, as if I become resigned to not having the games/teams/players to watch and enjoy any longer. But it's right around the corner now—a mere 17 days away. A cool thing about the sport; it opens with a big bang with 40? 50? 60? games on tap over the first 3 days. And we have only to wait one day after the new season begins for one of the Marquee Matchups of the year, let alone opening weekend: Syracuse at Northwestern, Saturday at 1pm (eastern time).
spidey44

Re: Teams that play twice on opening weekend:

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:00 am Hopefully that continues. I wonder if Duke will surprise this year after one of their more disappointing seasons in ’23.

Funny, there’s something about the seemingly endless offseason of women’s lacrosse that kind of lulls me (almost) into apathy about the sport, as if I become resigned to not having the games/teams/players to watch and enjoy any longer. But it's right around the corner now—a mere 17 days away. A cool thing about the sport; it opens with a big bang with 40? 50? 60? games on tap over the first 3 days. And we have only to wait one day after the new season begins for one of the Marquee Matchups of the year, let alone opening weekend: Syracuse at Northwestern, Saturday at 1pm (eastern time).
I predict Duke has another disappointing season (full disclosure I am a known Duke hater - more so men's hoops, but I digress...).

I'm the opposite as we creep towards the start. Maybe more so I'm anxious to see my girls start playing (one in college, one still in HS, but committed). I love being able to throw on ESPN and watching random games pretty much daily. Definitely ready for things to ramp up!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Teams that play twice on opening weekend:

spidey44 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:43 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:00 am Hopefully that continues. I wonder if Duke will surprise this year after one of their more disappointing seasons in ’23.

I predict Duke has another disappointing season (full disclosure I am a known Duke hater - more so men's hoops, but I digress...).

I'm the opposite as we creep towards the start. Maybe more so I'm anxious to see my girls start playing (one in college, one still in HS, but committed). I love being able to throw on ESPN and watching random games pretty much daily. Definitely ready for things to ramp up!
You and me both. And Good Luck to your daughters!
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

I watched a few Louisville games last year, don't let their record fool you. A very good offensive scheme and I found them compelling. Curious to see what their record will be, but I love the way they are coached on the offensive side.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxdadpat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:23 am I watched a few Louisville games last year, don't let their record fool you. A very good offensive scheme and I found them compelling. Curious to see what their record will be, but I love the way they are coached on the offensive side.
Agreed. I don't know what the deal with them is. They seem to start strong and then fizzle out as the season progresses.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”