Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 pm Boom. done.
Taking a page from Tech, and you're back to vague-posting?

I have NO CLUE what you mean here with "boom". Want me to guess? I'm not allowed to do that, remember?
The date & time are on your quote. Just look at it. Fake problem solved.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:27 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 pm Boom. done.
Taking a page from Tech, and you're back to vague-posting?

I have NO CLUE what you mean here with "boom". Want me to guess? I'm not allowed to do that, remember?
The date & time are on your quote. Just look at it. Fake problem solved.
Yep, my quote has both date and time. Now what?

Again: in English. Use your words.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:52 pm Give them work visas. Fake problem solved.

We have entire families of Venezuelans here in Denver....hundreds, show up over the last few months.

And the only ACTUAL problem they have? They can't take one of the THOUSANDS of open jobs in the Denver area.

That's it. That's the "problem". Every other "problem"...housing, transportation. Is an EASY solve if we allow them to work.

Give them work VISAs. Boom, done.

I DESPISE that our country can no longer solve even the simplest of problems. We can't even solve the fake ones that our media invents...like this one.
Note the date & time of your post. Fake problem solved.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:02 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:52 pm Give them work visas. Fake problem solved.

We have entire families of Venezuelans here in Denver....hundreds, show up over the last few months.

And the only ACTUAL problem they have? They can't take one of the THOUSANDS of open jobs in the Denver area.

That's it. That's the "problem". Every other "problem"...housing, transportation. Is an EASY solve if we allow them to work.

I DESPISE that our country can no longer solve even the simplest of problems. We can't even solve the fake ones that our media invents...like this one.
The fresh immigrants that are here in Denver, right now, DON'T have work visas. I know this because my wife and the Denver-NGO infrastructure are trying to help them, but can't. Same goes for the millions already here without work visas.

What are you talking about?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:55 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:38 pm Educate yourself about what happened the last time comprehensive immigration reform came up for a vote in the Congress, Uncle Cranky, and then we'll talk, OK? Until then, kindly refrain from the low-information voter drivel...

I'm getting a comprehensive education from you liberal donut holes everyday. :shock: ;) Your not answering my question jaundice boy. What is the Biden administration plan for the southern border free for all? Or don't you think there is even a problem at the southern border?

Big hint here on this issue/non issue...it's gonna be a huge deal as a topic in the upcoming election. If the Biden people have a plan they are keeping it top secret. There is the outside possiblity that the Biden simply have no plan to put forward. Has the press asked that question to KP yet? :D
The one aspect that you are correct about is that it will be a political football, and, as the incumbent, the opposition will do everything they can to hang the issue around Biden's neck.

And it's indeed a very serious issue.
No. It isn't.

If this was a serious issue? Republican voters would hold Trump responsible for fixing our broken immigration system.

What happens instead? Excuses as to "why Trump can't do it".

Same game played now that Biden is in charge. Or, more to the point: their reps in Congress.

Until the party voters step up and hold their leaders accountable? Nothing will happen.

Which tells me that CLEARLY this isn't an important issue. It's just another issue that no one REALLY cares about.

Anyone in a political party want to tell me: what the F is the point of being in your party if you don't hold your leaders accountable for doing what you voted for them to do? Being a registered whatever-the-F gives you a voice. A say. Your leaders will listen.

If you don't communicated with your leaders? Why the F wouldn't you simply vote independent?
Given our duopoly, in most contests a vote fir an independent is nothing more than a “statement.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:19 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:55 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:38 pm Educate yourself about what happened the last time comprehensive immigration reform came up for a vote in the Congress, Uncle Cranky, and then we'll talk, OK? Until then, kindly refrain from the low-information voter drivel...

I'm getting a comprehensive education from you liberal donut holes everyday. :shock: ;) Your not answering my question jaundice boy. What is the Biden administration plan for the southern border free for all? Or don't you think there is even a problem at the southern border?

Big hint here on this issue/non issue...it's gonna be a huge deal as a topic in the upcoming election. If the Biden people have a plan they are keeping it top secret. There is the outside possiblity that the Biden simply have no plan to put forward. Has the press asked that question to KP yet? :D
The one aspect that you are correct about is that it will be a political football, and, as the incumbent, the opposition will do everything they can to hang the issue around Biden's neck.

And it's indeed a very serious issue.
No. It isn't.

If this was a serious issue? Republican voters would hold Trump responsible for fixing our broken immigration system.

What happens instead? Excuses as to "why Trump can't do it".

Same game played now that Biden is in charge. Or, more to the point: their reps in Congress.

Until the party voters step up and hold their leaders accountable? Nothing will happen.

Which tells me that CLEARLY this isn't an important issue. It's just another issue that no one REALLY cares about.

Anyone in a political party want to tell me: what the F is the point of being in your party if you don't hold your leaders accountable for doing what you voted for them to do? Being a registered whatever-the-F gives you a voice. A say. Your leaders will listen.

If you don't communicated with your leaders? Why the F wouldn't you simply vote independent?
Given our duopoly, in most contests a vote fir an independent is nothing more than a “statement.”
Not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is: why would you register for a Party, if you're not lending your voice to how it's run?

Did Trump give a F what Indies like me, or Dems thought? Of course not.

But if Trump's support from the R Voters was in the toiletl....and protested in the streets over Trump not flooring and passing an immigration reform bill......how fast do you think R voters would get one?

Ten minutes? Twenty?

What happened instead? Trump polled in the 90's his entire term with R voters. Which tells Trump and the R party: keep doing what your'e doing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:06 pm

The fresh immigrants that are here in Denver, right now, DON'T have work visas. I know this because my wife and the Denver-NGO infrastructure are trying to help them, but can't. Same goes for the millions already here without work visas.

What am I talking about ? Read the NR article I posted. Even when work visas are legal, Biden's policies make them unworkable, which is intentional to pander to his union supporters. Fake solution to fake problem. Boom done.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:48 am

What am I talking about ? Read the NR article I posted. Even when work visas are legal, Biden's policies make them unworkable, which is intentional to pander to his union supporters. Fake solution to fake problem. Boom done.
:lol: A dimwitted, made up article of "what if's" where a "sweet potato farmer" MIGHT drive a truck?

GTFO of here with a bunch of made up nonsense.

The law is designed to keep a company from having workers do something that normally pays more, and is done by American citizens......this genius is advocating that a field worker that has other skills be paid at the field worker rate, and let the farm corporation get away with giving him/her a lower salary. Neat trick, and apparently you like this trick, too. F the workers, right?

Boy, this is REAL hard to figure out, OS: keep the field workers working in the field. And pay the truck drivers to drive the doggone trucks.

Anything else?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 am

:lol: A dimwitted, made up article of "what if's" where a "sweet potato farmer" MIGHT drive a truck?

The law is designed to keep a company from having workers do something that normally pays more, and is done by American citizens......this genius is advocating that a field worker that has other skills be paid at the field worker rate, and let the farm corporation get away with giving him/her a lower salary. Neat trick, and apparently you like this trick, too. F the workers, right?

Boy, this is REAL hard to figure out, OS: keep the field workers working in the field. And pay the truck drivers to drive the doggone trucks.

Anything else?
No. He's saying that the field workers have to be paid the same hourly wage as a truck driver if they are all guest workers.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Anything else?
How does a field worker receive a Class B drivers license? Can't get one with out a DOT approved medical examiners certificate. You better not pee dirty either. You pay the truck drivers because they have to jump through all of those DOT hoops to legally and safely drive a truck. Let me open up another can of worms for you a Fan... if you hold a Class A or B license should you be required to speak and understand English. There is a very good reason they should.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:46 pm When you look at the trend line of border engagements, they were ‘mostly’ flat during Trumps term, then when title 42 changed the flood gates opened and has spiked beyond comprehension.
100% don't care.

We have MILLIONS of people here illegally, and all that you guys want to focus on is the stupid border.

What the F difference does it make if we do NOTHING for 30 years about immigration reform?

Doesn't matter if 200K come a year or 1,000,000 if we NEVER tackle the actual problem, YA.

The fact is: you don't care. If you did, you boys would have held Trump accountable for his campaign promise.

You didn't. And now you're back to " Dems are bad", and my personal favorite "the borders are open when Dems are in charge".

How old is this thread, YA? Anything change since it started?

Nope.

And I'll be here to take the same wager you all were smart enough to not take when Trump was elected: $1000 says Trump doesn't pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill in his four years.

Easy money. It always is.

I'll add in a $500 kicker that if I don't remind you, you and the rest of the board's (and country's) Republicans won't notice Trump doesn't pass the bill.

And you won't care....his approval rating will be 90%+ for Republican voters no matter what he does.

First, yeah, I actually do think that border control is a serious problem, though less an issue with immigration than actual control of who and what comes across. Massive undocumented movement is a distraction and cover for actual problems.

I don't think a failure to do much about it means that it isn't serious, though I totally agree that the parties don't actually care about the problem. Which is a mistake IMO.

I agree to not hold your breath for comprehensive immigration reform as you and I understand such, but I don't agree that Trump won't act. He was hamstrung in all sorts of ways in the first term that I don't think will be nearly the impediments or influences in Term Two. I think we're in for Trump Unbound, MAGA Unbound if he succeeds in regaining power.

I think the concentration camps and mass deportations will be real and while there will some be blue state challenges and some legal challenges, if the House and Senate are both red, I think this rolls through to cheers from MAGA world. I think we'll see militia violence, rounding up anyone who might be undocumented.

Yes, Trump is a lot of bluster and lies, but I think this is the sort of red meat he'll happily throw out for his supporters...and the nut jobs and scum are going to be in full control of the Administration this time. They're preparing for it very seriously this time.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:04 am

Anything else?
No. He's saying that the field workers have to be paid the same hourly wage as a truck driver if they are all guest workers.
Why stop there? If you're going to invent hypotheticals that aren't going to happen, why not claim the field workers are going to have to be paid the same wage as the CEO?

It's a stupid article, and you fell for it because "Biden is bad".
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting graph and comments within the thread....https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1740779894538457175?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:06 pm Interesting graph and comments within the thread....https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1740779894538457175?s=20
Sure, let's have Elon fix this problem. :oops: When your newsfeed is Twitter and Instagram this is the fantasy you get every day.

Looking at the chart - with these numbers and the lower birthrates at some point we are going to NEED these folks to work as our population won't support the need for workers especially unskilled ones if we want to support a growing economy. Look at our own history if you don't believe me - why was all that historical immigration necessary? Irish, Germans, Italians, Asians throughout the 19th and 20th centuries.

This problem will NEVER get fixed unless the politicians decide to fix it which they don't seem interested in doing. They all prefer to demonize one another to get re-elected to continue to do nothing and blame the other side for not wanting to fix the problem. Walls won't solve the problem either as all we do now is repair breaches in the wall because we don't monitor the walls we have built.

We have an asylum system that was crafted after WWII because we didn't allow European Jews to flee the Nazis. The solution was to make asylum easy to obtain. That no longer applies in the real world. It needs to be addressed.

The second problem is labor - where companies that employ migrants want to do it under the table to pay them less that the going rate for unskilled labor. This is why we have a system called E-verify that we don't use because employers don't want it. Those employers pay off the pols to make sure.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:21 pm This problem will NEVER get fixed unless the politicians decide to fix it which they don't seem interested in doing. They all prefer to demonize one another to get re-elected to continue to do nothing and blame the other side for not wanting to fix the problem. Walls won't solve the problem either as all we do now is repair breaches in the wall because we don't monitor the walls we have built.
Republican voters need to figure out they're getting played....and hold THEIR Republican leaders responsible for fixing the problem.

Until Republican voters do this? This will never get fixed. "The Dems are bad" isn't going to make R's act, fellas.

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:21 pm The second problem is labor - where companies that employ migrants want to do it under the table to pay them less that the going rate for unskilled labor. This is why we have a system called E-verify that we don't use because employers don't want it. Those employers pay off the pols to make sure.
That's right. Who here remembers when who works at Mar a Lago, and that illegal workers have been lining Trumpy's pockets since he was in diapers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/us/m ... rkers.html

But sure, THIS is the guy who's going go fix it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whoo. Good one.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:21 pm This problem will NEVER get fixed unless the politicians decide to fix it which they don't seem interested in doing. They all prefer to demonize one another to get re-elected to continue to do nothing and blame the other side for not wanting to fix the problem. Walls won't solve the problem either as all we do now is repair breaches in the wall because we don't monitor the walls we have built.
Republican voters need to figure out they're getting played....and hold THEIR Republican leaders responsible for fixing the problem.

Until Republican voters do this? This will never get fixed. "The Dems are bad" isn't going to make R's act, fellas.

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:21 pm The second problem is labor - where companies that employ migrants want to do it under the table to pay them less that the going rate for unskilled labor. This is why we have a system called E-verify that we don't use because employers don't want it. Those employers pay off the pols to make sure.
That's right. Who here remembers when who works at Mar a Lago, and that illegal workers have been lining Trumpy's pockets since he was in diapers.

But sure, THIS is the guy who's going go fix it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whoo. Good one.
This reminds me of the Ohio voter that was supporting Trump. He said he didn’t believe Trump would do the things he said he would but at least he was saying things he wanted to hear. That’s the mentality of the Trump voter.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:05 pm

This reminds me of the Ohio voter that was supporting Trump. He said he didn’t believe Trump would do the things he said he would but at least he was saying things he wanted to hear. That’s the mentality of the Trump voter.
What person in their right mind believes any promise made by any candidate regardless of party affiliation? What is the mentality of most voters if they actually expect their candidate to follow through on empty promises made. Did you honestly believe Senator jibberjabber when you were asked to vote for him/her? Senator jibberjabber was going to take DC by storm dammit and fix what is broken..... :roll: The conundrum there is the folks that run DC are not interested in fixing anything. 8-) Long festering problems are the things that campaign promises are made of.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:34 pm

What person in their right mind believes any promise made by any candidate regardless of party affiliation? What is the mentality of most voters if they actually expect their candidate to follow through on empty promises made. Did you honestly believe Senator jibberjabber when you were asked to vote for him/her? Senator jibberjabber was going to take DC by storm dammit and fix what is broken..... :roll: The conundrum there is the folks that run DC are not interested in fixing anything. 8-) Long festering problems are the things that campaign promises are made of.
Synthesize the information from the post above. You spout the same nonsense regardless of what is posted. Makes you come across as stupid.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:08 pm

Synthesize the information from the post above. You spout the same nonsense regardless of what is posted. Makes you come across as stupid.
Sorry, too stupid to understand what synthesize means. Could you explain it for me? :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:08 pm

Sorry, too stupid to understand what synthesize means. Could you explain it for me? :D
Yes you are.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”