ivy league 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: ivy league 2024

Post by 10stone5 »

Braedon Saris appears to be back and healthy,
an intimidating presence, he is leading the Ontario box league in playoff scoring, averaging 6 pts a game.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad & Mele Kalikimaka. Here's hoping that all reading this have a terrific holiday season in the company of loved ones. I hope that 2024 will be a better year than 2023, including a successful one for Ivy lacrosse.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:56 am Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad & Mele Kalikimaka. Here's hoping that all reading this have a terrific holiday season in the company of loved ones. I hope that 2024 will be a better year than 2023, including a successful one for Ivy lacrosse.
+10
And undefeated OOC schedules for everyone!
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

It has been a tough couple of months off the field for the IVY league.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:50 am
FannOLax wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:56 am Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad & Mele Kalikimaka. Here's hoping that all reading this have a terrific holiday season in the company of loved ones. I hope that 2024 will be a better year than 2023, including a successful one for Ivy lacrosse.
+10
And undefeated OOC schedules for everyone!
Merry Christmas to all fellow Ivy lax fans and best wishes to you and your families in 2024. Hoping all the Ivy teams stay healthy; make some noise in out of conference play; and that we get the usual hard-fought and exciting Ivy slate of games. Grateful for the chance to watch All-American level talents like CJ Kirst, Michael Gianforcaro, Coulter Mackesy, Brendan Lavelle and Matt Brandau, and to see what big talents like Aidan McClane, Beau Pederson, Sam King, Nate Davis, Hugh Kelleher and Jack Stuzin do with another year under their belts. Throw in an exciting coaching hire in the Northern woods and we’ve got all the ingredients for a great 2024 season of Ivy lax.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I took a look at Ivy OOC play. While imperfect, I used last year's Massey ratings (which are not wholly unreasonable for 2024 use) and scored as follows:

1-10 ranked teams = 5 points
11-20 ranked teams = 4 points
21-30 ranked teams = 3 points
31-40 ranked teams = 2 points
41 and below ranked = 1 point

The results for the League:

Princeton 29 points
Penn 26 points
Brown 25 points
Cornell 25 points
Yale 21 points
Dartmouth 20 points
Harvard 20 points

Generally, it looks as if Dartmouth has scheduled tougher OOC play. I was a bit surprised that no Ivy teams play Hopkins or Army this year. As has already been noted, the rescheduling of the "rivalry" games (Harvard/Yale, Cornell/Princeton) was surprising. Princeton plays a packed 15 game regular season schedule.

I'll check my math and schedules again, but I believe that the above is reasonably accurate.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:40 pm I took a look at Ivy OOC play. While imperfect, I used last year's Massey ratings (which are not wholly unreasonable for 2024 use) and scored as follows:

Princeton 29 points
Penn 26 points
Brown 25 points
Cornell 25 points
Yale 21 points
Dartmouth 20 points
Harvard 20 points

Generally, it looks as if Dartmouth has scheduled tougher OOC play. I was a bit surprised that no Ivy teams play Hopkins or Army this year. As has already been noted, the rescheduling of the "rivalry" games (Harvard/Yale, Cornell/Princeton) was surprising. Princeton plays a packed 15 game regular season schedule.

I'll check my math and schedules again, but I believe that the above is reasonably accurate.
Thank you, Faircornell. The results of your math certainly pass the "eye test" of looking reasonable.

I saw a weather report earlier today that predicted a cold and wintry February for the US Northeast. Last year Central Park NYC got a record low 0.23 inches of snow all winter, and the suburbs certainly didn't get much more than that. Anyway, we are now closing in on the college lacrosse season. Happy New Year!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 pm
faircornell wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:40 pm I took a look at Ivy OOC play. While imperfect, I used last year's Massey ratings (which are not wholly unreasonable for 2024 use) and scored as follows:

Princeton 29 points
Penn 26 points
Brown 25 points
Cornell 25 points
Yale 21 points
Dartmouth 20 points
Harvard 20 points

Thank you, Faircornell. The results of your math certainly pass the "eye test" of looking reasonable.

I saw a weather report earlier today that predicted a cold and wintry February for the US Northeast. Last year Central Park NYC got a record low 0.23 inches of snow all winter, and the suburbs certainly didn't get much more than that. Anyway, we are now closing in on the college lacrosse season. Happy New Year!
It was interesting to see the different strategies of the teams. Princeton has loaded their schedule to get game experience in. Yale seems to prefer to be more rested. Brown, Cornell and Penn look content to grind things out. Harvard has a bit of an OOC "barbell" strategy, with less competitive opponents and then a Top 5 challenge. As noted, Dartmouth has certainly ramped up the competitiveness of their schedule.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Lax Bucket previews the IL: https://lacrossebucket.com/2024/01/08/p ... e-in-2024/. Lots of interesting storylines to follow this spring in the Ancient 8 including but certainly not limited to who steps up to fill Adler's and Ierlan's shoes for Cornell? Is Princeton able to reload following the departure of its outstanding '23 class? Can Yale improve its D to complement its offensive weaponry? Is Kirwan the final piece that allows Dartmouth to become competitive in the league?
Finish Strong
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

LaxAllStars wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:59 am Gerry Byrne Harvard 2024

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... se-e2eidub
Other than rip off content from here and pass it off as your own, do you do anything else at "Lax All Stars," or do they just pay you specifically to spam this forum with links?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

No-one from Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard on USLax preseason AA list.

No coincidence they're picked 6, 7, 5 respectively in the league.

#bulletinboardmaterial
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Hopefully they use the snubs as motivation. Better to be the hunter than the hunted.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

IL's Matt Kinear picks Yale as the most likely conference champ in the Ivy League. He cites Yale's strong attack. His secondary pick is Princeton. He then gives Cornell an outside chance.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:37 am IL's Matt Kinear picks Yale as the most likely conference champ in the Ivy League. He cites Yale's strong attack. His secondary pick is Princeton. He then gives Cornell an outside chance.
Even with Brad Sharp's ACL injury, Yale returns a lot, and the first-years look good. Other Ivies will see their grads playing for big non-Ivy teams, but not Yale this time around. But the defense? Lots of Ivies could be good, but have questions to answer. I am certainly hoping for OOC performance like 2022. Penn plays Georgetown, Duke, Delaware, Tar Heels and St. Joe's. Princeton plays Maryland, North Carolina, Duke and Rutgers. Cornell plays Denver, Ohio State, Penn State, Syracuse, Hobart and Notre Dame (wow!). Yale's OOC slate is a cut or two lower, with Denver, Penn State, Boston U, and um, LeMoyne. Brown plays Boston U, Georgetown, Maryland and UMass. Harvard plays Michigan, UVa and UMass. Dartmouth plays Vermont and Georgetown.

https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-l ... edule/2024
https://goprincetontigers.com/sports/me ... e/schedule
https://cornellbigred.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
https://brownbears.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
https://gocrimson.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens ... e/schedule
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I am sure the Big Red will post that prediction in their locker room. They only lose three starters by my read (Coyle, Adler and Ierlan). Adler was a force and will be tough to replace, and Coyle put up a lot of points, but they have a lot of firepower coming back to support the best offensive player in the league (Kirst). I’m going with Cornell as my pick to win the league.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I don't dare predict the regular season winner, but I would be surprised if any team goes 5-1, 6-0.
So the 4-2 shuffle, with head-to-head and whatever is next on the tiebreaker list.

The tourney: close-to-locks Yale, Cornell. Faves on past rep: Princeton, Penn. These two have major holes to fill, so I can see a path for at least one of the other three to get in. Harvard, based on recruited talent rep & I think Byrne is a good coach. Brown, based on not being able to judge last year's performance because of the suspensions. Dartmouth- too soon? New coach adjustment process.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:23 am I don't dare predict the regular season winner, but I would be surprised if any team goes 5-1, 6-0.
So the 4-2 shuffle, with head-to-head and whatever is next on the tiebreaker list.

The tourney: close-to-locks Yale, Cornell. Faves on past rep: Princeton, Penn. These two have major holes to fill, so I can see a path for at least one of the other three to get in. Harvard, based on recruited talent rep & I think Byrne is a good coach. Brown, based on not being able to judge last year's performance because of the suspensions. Dartmouth- too soon? New coach adjustment process.
It will indeed be difficult to go 6-0, but I think 5-1 is reasonably attainable for one or more Ivy teams.

Byrne mentioned above, Kirwan alluded to, but what about Daly? He was terrific for Tufts, but...

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”