~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:21 am
My in laws are staunch libs. And moved to Florida to pay less taxes and avoid the MD taxes in retirement. I couldn't figure out why. I thought democrats liked taxes? I guess they just like taxes on others and those dastardly corporations!
Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?

Answer: because you LOVE Big Government services, and the good jobs that come with all that Federal spending, and don't want to admit it.

Your party is full of it. How much bigger did Trump make the Federal Government in his four years, Kram?

And did you come on here even once to complain about it? Nope. Why? Because you love Big Government services, don't want to pay for it, and don't notice government gets bigger when the R's are in charge....so you vote R, knowing that they'll just borrow the money, and hand it to you free of charge.

Meanwhile, do you have any clue how much we're paying in interest on our debt this year because you and your fellow Republicans don't want to pay for what the .gov gives you?
Family is the only reason I'm here.
And why are they there: that's right, access to jobs, and big government services, and the economic largesse that comes with having the Federal Capitol down the road.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Fortunately, I'm in a very well-run, red county, that kind of offsets the blue state stupidity. With the kids headed down the home stretch, we are already looking for the next locale. I can literally do my job from anywhere in the US.
But you're still feeding at the Federal trough...while complaining about government. I don't get it. You're literally telling me that you want Big Government for you and your family....and don't want anyone else to enjoy this deal. Help me understand this view, because I don't get it.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am My household is an asset to the .gov and responsible for contributing upwards of $100K of tax money/savings per year from income, sales, property, capital gains and private school tuition. I'm cool with all that we are contributing to the .gov.
And my household is a far greater asset to the .gov that contributes MILLIONS in tax money per year (at all levels).....and it's generated in a largely free market.

You have told me you're a Federal Contractor. So every penny you get comes from my taxes, Kram. Which is great, and I'm proud to pay my taxes. No only am I pleased that my tax dollars goes to you and your family, I'm proud to have funded Old Salt's education and his entire career.

But you have to explain to me: why am I pro-Big Government, and you are anti-Big Government?

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Criticize me if you want
I'm criticizing your obvious hypocrisy. You're plenty smart enough to know you being hypocritical to take money from Big Government, and then tell me that you don't like Big Government.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am I personally think military spending is incredibly important. That money actually has multiple benefits to the US and it's people.
I agree completely! Remember: I'm pro Big Government.

You are the one who needs to explain to yourself that Big Government is good.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Can't say the same for all spending.
Most Federal spending has an ROI, Kram. Surely you know this.

And yes, shipping money overseas does NOT have an ROI. I'd be delighted to end that practice.
After engorging themselves like a tick sucking the blood of the government to engorge themselves for the entirety of their adult life, these “conservatives” can’t get away from “big government” fast enough when it’s time to retire after falling off the government payroll (directly or indirectly) like a tick that is completely sated. Was down in the DC area on Tuesday. The Federal Government has that place booming. A moated economic engine.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Re: ~46~ President Biden ~46~

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:38 pm Was down in the DC area on Tuesday. The Federal Government has that place booming. A moated economic engine.
Should've reached out....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:38 pm Was down in the DC area on Tuesday. The Federal Government has that place booming. A moated economic engine.
Should've reached out....
Made a U turn. Did stop for a crab cake.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:21 am
My in laws are staunch libs. And moved to Florida to pay less taxes and avoid the MD taxes in retirement. I couldn't figure out why. I thought democrats liked taxes? I guess they just like taxes on others and those dastardly corporations!
Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?

Answer: because you LOVE Big Government services, and the good jobs that come with all that Federal spending, and don't want to admit it.

Your party is full of it. How much bigger did Trump make the Federal Government in his four years, Kram?

And did you come on here even once to complain about it? Nope. Why? Because you love Big Government services, don't want to pay for it, and don't notice government gets bigger when the R's are in charge....so you vote R, knowing that they'll just borrow the money, and hand it to you free of charge.

Meanwhile, do you have any clue how much we're paying in interest on our debt this year because you and your fellow Republicans don't want to pay for what the .gov gives you?
Family is the only reason I'm here.
And why are they there: that's right, access to jobs, and big government services, and the economic largesse that comes with having the Federal Capitol down the road.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Fortunately, I'm in a very well-run, red county, that kind of offsets the blue state stupidity. With the kids headed down the home stretch, we are already looking for the next locale. I can literally do my job from anywhere in the US.
But you're still feeding at the Federal trough...while complaining about government. I don't get it. You're literally telling me that you want Big Government for you and your family....and don't want anyone else to enjoy this deal. Help me understand this view, because I don't get it.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am My household is an asset to the .gov and responsible for contributing upwards of $100K of tax money/savings per year from income, sales, property, capital gains and private school tuition. I'm cool with all that we are contributing to the .gov.
And my household is a far greater asset to the .gov that contributes MILLIONS in tax money per year (at all levels).....and it's generated in a largely free market.

You have told me you're a Federal Contractor. So every penny you get comes from my taxes, Kram. Which is great, and I'm proud to pay my taxes. No only am I pleased that my tax dollars goes to you and your family, I'm proud to have funded Old Salt's education and his entire career.

But you have to explain to me: why am I pro-Big Government, and you are anti-Big Government?

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Criticize me if you want
I'm criticizing your obvious hypocrisy. You're plenty smart enough to know you being hypocritical to take money from Big Government, and then tell me that you don't like Big Government.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am I personally think military spending is incredibly important. That money actually has multiple benefits to the US and it's people.
I agree completely! Remember: I'm pro Big Government.

You are the one who needs to explain to yourself that Big Government is good.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Can't say the same for all spending.
Most Federal spending has an ROI, Kram. Surely you know this.

And yes, shipping money overseas does NOT have an ROI. I'd be delighted to end that practice.
In fairness, my company is a defense contractor, but not just a defense contractor. Just a third of my salary comes from the fed. Our company was smart enough to diversify its contracts over a decade ago. The other contracts are private.

So it's lost online, but because I believe one aspect of big government, defense, is good, doesn't mean the other areas are all as valuable.

The defense budget checks more boxes than any other for usefulness -
The social good- uplifts lots of people out of bad situations, Providing education
Providing job training
Providing healthcare
Funneling money into the private job market,
Advancing and supporting science
Incubating technology and innovation through R&D
Protecting its citizens

I'm open to hearing an example of another big government function or area that checks as many boxes for usefulness. I'm going into this open minded. Change my mind!
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?
Because I went to college here & then the Navy ordered me back here 8 years later.
I was able to keep getting orders back here. It was no cheaper in San Diego or DC.
We built a life here, opportunities arose here, & we decided to stay.
...although if there had been this much lax & Navy FB streaming in 2002,
we might have moved back to the foothills of the Ozarks in MO, to be with our families.
It's a LOT cheaper there & the govt services & schools are just fine.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm In fairness, my company is a defense contractor, but not just a defense contractor. Just a third of my salary comes from the fed. Our company was smart enough to diversify its contracts over a decade ago. The other contracts are private.
Great. Then if you honestly don't believe in "Big Government"...start with YOU. Cancel your Defense contracts, and get paid by the free market.

I'd like my tax dollars back, please.

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm So it's lost online, but because I believe one aspect of big government, defense, is good, doesn't mean the other areas are all as valuable.
You're making my point for me.

You're telling the forum "I want government that benefits more personally, but we better not have government that benefits other people".

Do you not understand this is what you're telling us?

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm The defense budget checks more boxes than any other for usefulness -
The social good- uplifts lots of people out of bad situations, Providing education
Providing job training
Providing healthcare
Protecting its citizens

I'm open to hearing an example of another big government function or area that checks as many boxes for usefulness. I'm going into this open minded. Change my mind!
Department of Education does all that, without killing people. How's that?

Kram, every Federal Department does the above, excluding the "protecting its citizens'" part.

And even then? The Dept. of Energy is in charge of Nuclear waste....protecting its citizens

The EPA
Providing job training
Providing healthcare
Protecting its citizens

The Food and Drug Administration:

Providing job training
Providing healthcare

Dept of Ag?

Providing job training
Providing healthcare

Kram....pretty sure you haven't though this through, and don't understand what your Federal Government does. This very day, i'm using NGO corn that was bred with grants from the Dept. of Ag to make whiskey without genetic modification.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?
Because I went to college here & then the Navy ordered me back here 8 years later.
I was able to keep getting orders back here. It was no cheaper in San Diego or DC.
we might have moved back to the foothills of the Ozarks in MO, to be with our families.
Yeah...but you DIDN'T. You chose to live where the .gov jobs and training and other services are....my point, exactly.

I'm glad you did.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:34 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 pm
Yeah...but you DIDN'T. You chose to live where the .gov jobs and training and other services are....my point, exactly.

I'm glad you did.
Nah ! At that point in our lives, that didn't matter anymore. My last set of orders were written by my detailer (assignment officer). He was a buddy, we were former squadron mates, office mates & flew together as a crew in Pax River. He was also a Navy Lax 1973 All American midfielder. from Dundalk. We were stationed in Spain at the time. He offered me a twilight tour assignment at Scott AFB so we could retire near StL. I thanked him but asked if he could get us back to Pax River. He accommodated us & we never left. My wife was tenured in the local MD school system & fully vested in the MD teachers pension plan. At that point, too much invested in SoMd to walk away from.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Erosion of quality of life in NY: https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/174012 ... 48622?s=20

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:34 pm Erosion of quality of life in NY: https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/174012 ... 48622?s=20

~Livy
Give them work visas. Fake problem solved.

We have entire families of Venezuelans here in Denver....hundreds, show up over the last few months.

And the only ACTUAL problem they have? They can't take one of the THOUSANDS of open jobs in the Denver area.

That's it. That's the "problem". Every other "problem"...housing, transportation. Is an EASY solve if we allow them to work.

Give them work VISAs. Boom, done.

I DESPISE that our country can no longer solve even the simplest of problems. We can't even solve the fake ones that our media invents...like this one.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:34 pm Erosion of quality of life in NY: https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/174012 ... 48622?s=20

~Livy
Give them work visas. Fake problem solved.

We have entire families of Venezuelans here in Denver....hundreds, show up over the last few months.

And the only ACTUAL problem they have? They can't take one of the THOUSANDS of open jobs in the Denver area.

That's it. That's the "problem". Every other "problem"...housing, transportation. Is an EASY solve if we allow them to work.

Give them work VISAs. Boom, done.

I DESPISE that our country can no longer solve even the simplest of problems. We can't even solve the fake ones that our media invents...like this one.
Biden will fix it, it’s an election year, and his team is in Mexico tonight meeting them, of course, while he’s on day 417 of vacation.

Strange we even need to meet with them, as if we have not already beat this horse to death a couple dozen times already.
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:05 pm Biden will fix it, it’s an election year, and his team is in Mexico tonight meeting them, of course, while he’s on day 417 of vacation.

Strange we even need to meet with them, as if we have not already beat this horse to death a couple dozen times already.
Funny, don't recall you complaining about these very two items when Orange Fatso was in the job. Fatso took more vacation than anyone else in the job.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So Joe vacationed for free at some fat cat Democrat donors home in the Virgin Islands. Cheap Joe won't even dish over the 6 grand a night it would normally cost. If Clarence Thomas took up the same offer he would roundly be criticized. Hypocrisy runs amok on this forum. What's good for the goose isn't acceptable for the gander. Ethics don't carry over to the office of the president of the United States now do they? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:05 pm Biden will fix it, it’s an election year, and his team is in Mexico tonight meeting them, of course, while he’s on day 417 of vacation.

Funny, don't recall you complaining about these very two items when Orange Fatso was in the job. Fatso took more vacation than anyone else in the job.
Your memory is poor, MDLAX and I would go toe-to-toe on the border issue.

And I could care less how many vacations days you take, so long as you are doing your job. It's clear Biden is not invested, otherwise he'd be meeting with the President himself, along with his staff.
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:53 am And I could care less how many vacations days you take, so long as you are doing your job.
You neglected that qualification in your initial post...and you thought Fatso was doing his job/

We get it - you and Saltine Warrior just hate everything Biden does. :oops:

In case you missed it, Lopez-Obrador met at the WH with Biden a week or so ago. :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 am We get it - you and Saltine Warrior just hate everything Biden does. :oops:
Totally unprovoked. Apparently the scolding about a holiday grace period no longer applies.
Back to being a jerk & trolling.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:40 am Back to being a jerk & trolling.
Yep - very self-descriptive of you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kramerica.inc

Re: ~46~ Unfit Unlce Joe Biden ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:53 am And I could care less how many vacations days you take, so long as you are doing your job.
You neglected that qualification in your initial post...and you thought Fatso was doing his job/

We get it - you and Saltine Warrior just hate everything Biden does. :oops:

In case you missed it, Lopez-Obrador met at the WH with Biden a week or so ago. :oops:
Kismet, why do you care about the Biden bash? Trump hate has been going on for the past 8 years. Heck there are multiple threads dedicated to it. And you've been quiet about it.
If you don't like the disdain for these political figures, my advice is to take some time off from the watercooler.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:32 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm In fairness, my company is a defense contractor, but not just a defense contractor. Just a third of my salary comes from the fed. Our company was smart enough to diversify its contracts over a decade ago. The other contracts are private.
Great. Then if you honestly don't believe in "Big Government"...start with YOU. Cancel your Defense contracts, and get paid by the free market.

I'd like my tax dollars back, please.

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm So it's lost online, but because I believe one aspect of big government, defense, is good, doesn't mean the other areas are all as valuable.
You're making my point for me.

You're telling the forum "I want government that benefits more personally, but we better not have government that benefits other people".

Do you not understand this is what you're telling us?

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:59 pm The defense budget checks more boxes than any other for usefulness -
Providing job training
Providing healthcare
Protecting its citizens

Department of Education does all that, without killing people. How's that?

Kram, every Federal Department does the above, excluding the "protecting its citizens'" part.

And even then? The Dept. of Energy is in charge of Nuclear waste....protecting its citizens

The EPA
Providing job training
Providing healthcare
Protecting its citizens

The Food and Drug Administration:

Providing job training
Providing healthcare

Dept of Ag?

Providing job training
Providing healthcare

Kram....pretty sure you haven't though this through, and don't understand what your Federal Government does. This very day, i'm using NGO corn that was bred with grants from the Dept. of Ag to make whiskey without genetic modification.
Still waiting for your reply, Kram.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
Of course she was fired after her comment: https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/174041 ... 48850?s=20
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”