Johns Hopkins 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2024

Post by jhu06 »

new coordinators at navy/maryland. I've lost count of how many new coordinators that is jhu'll see this season. UNC-2, maryland, navy, uva.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:45 pm new coordinators at navy/maryland. I've lost count of how many new coordinators that is jhu'll see this season. UNC-2, maryland, navy, uva.
Syracuse.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

So Xanders has moved on to subscription only content. While not ridiculing anyone wanting to pay - I probably will not. I did run across a tweet I believe that would suggest he had a positive analysis on the 2025 goalie Lamatie. I also personally missed an attack recruit from early November - Dylan Blekicki - out of the Pingry School - 2025 class now up to 14.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:11 am I also personally missed an attack recruit from early November - Dylan Blekicki - out of the Pingry School - 2025 class now up to 14.
He's PG-ing and joining the class of 2026, IL just hasn't updated that yet.

Lamitie is really good. Our best goalie recruit in awhile. We beat out Duke and several others for his services.

Not sure why 06's latest obsession is "opponents with new coordinators" but Denver is another one, with both a new HC and OC (Metzbower). Ohio State also has two new assistants in what has become something of a revolving door over in Columbus under Myers. But as we should know better than anyone, a team changing coordinators it not necessarily a bad thing.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:11 am So Xanders has moved on to subscription only content. While not ridiculing anyone wanting to pay - I probably will not. I did run across a tweet I believe that would suggest he had a positive analysis on the 2025 goalie Lamatie. I also personally missed an attack recruit from early November - Dylan Blekicki - out of the Pingry School - 2025 class now up to 14.
It's a lot of $. If only a whole bunch of different writers to get together and produce a compilation of their various content. Would be beneficial to consumers and might allow them to gather more paying customers. I don't know, maybe you could call it a "magazine" or some such thing.
Tippy73

Post by Tippy73 »

From the Hopkins Athletics Website:
"For the sixth consecutive year, Johns Hopkins sits atop the final LEARFIELD Directors' Cup standings at the end of the fall season. With seven teams qualifying for NCAA Championship competition, Johns Hopkins totaled 459 points to claim the top spot in the final fall standings, which were announced today".

Good.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:35 am
51percentcorn wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:11 am I also personally missed an attack recruit from early November - Dylan Blekicki - out of the Pingry School - 2025 class now up to 14.
He's PG-ing and joining the class of 2026, IL just hasn't updated that yet.

Lamitie is really good. Our best goalie recruit in awhile. We beat out Duke and several others for his services.

Not sure why 06's latest obsession is "opponents with new coordinators" but Denver is another one, with both a new HC and OC (Metzbower). Ohio State also has two new assistants in what has become something of a revolving door over in Columbus under Myers. But as we should know better than anyone, a team changing coordinators it not necessarily a bad thing.
"Obsession" it was one post and concerns 2 longtime rivals we'll see at least 2 times this year and maybe 3 or 4 plus all the other programs on that list. In a sport which doesn't seem to generally have much turnover among the older programs like the ones we mostly play it seems like there's a lot of change this year. If they were meaningless jobs they wouldn't exist.

Xanders put a lot of effort in. Good luck to him but I won't pay for it and wouldn't have known he'd left if not for this post. Very weird to me that after all the growth of lacrosse it seems the amount of coverage is declining. I guess good for fanlax and bad for people who are sick of reading this forum and hoping for something else.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:01 pm "Obsession" it was one post
Lol.
jhu06 wrote:The "Super Coordinator Shuffle" at some big time programs that don't usually make changes that often-UNC, UVA, Maryland, Hopkins, Syracuse etc I think is one of the defining stories of this season. Which changes have the biggest impact if any.
jhu06 wrote:So far I'm at OSU/UNC/UVA having coordinator switches from this year, plus denver has a new boss and we'll see if that preseason relationship continues now that Tierney is out.
jhu06 wrote:Which of the assistant coaching changes from our rivals over the past 2 years are actually going to matter in the quality better/worse of the opponent PM faces next spring?
jhu06 wrote:FWIW on Crawley I think UNC tonight joined UVA and Maryland as having made assistant coaching changes since he was hired.
I could keep going but I don't want to spend any more time on this than I already have. Those were all from the last few months.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

https://laxallstars.com/movie-dreams/

What is the most compelling movie storyline to come out of Hopkins this century?
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

The Blue Jays thumping the Twerps in the 1987 NCAA playoffs..." The greatest UofMd team of all time " according to the pundits of the time...!
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:30 pm The Blue Jays thumping the Twerps in the 1987 NCAA playoffs..." The greatest UofMd team of all time " according to the pundits of the time...!
Nice thought except he did ask about THIS century. I am not a big fan of these questions in general and it is possible it is a troll as the 2 obvious answers both involve a certain someone that generates alot of controversy and back and forth on this thread.
BlueJaySince1947

...watcha say sonny...???
molo

Post by molo »

Don’t forget that after beating Maryland on Saturday, they knocked off undefeated Cornell on Monday to take the NC.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:03 pm ...watcha say sonny...???
I say that 1987 is not of THIS century - 2005 and the events of 2020 are the CORRECT answers to the silly question
BlueJaySince1947

molo wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 pm Don’t forget that after beating Maryland on Saturday, they knocked off undefeated Cornell on Monday to take the NC.
Yep...I was there !
BlueJaySince1947

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:45 pm
I say that 1987 is not of THIS century - 2005 and the events of 2020 are the CORRECT answers to the silly question
Gotcha sonny...the Jays have played in three different centuries and I'm easily confused at my olde age !
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:57 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:45 pm
Gotcha sonny...the Jays have played in three different centuries and I'm easily confused at my olde age !
No way! You seem totally copacetic
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

New turf is being installed on Homewood for the spring. I imagine they won't add football lines until lacrosse season is over. Maybe they're reading 06's posts after all. Cordish locker room renovations also well underway.

Team is back and practicing soon. The calm before the storm. A month till Denver.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

New turf and locker rooms - I thought we were abandoning the sport. A month from now is a very important game. WIth Towson - a trip to the Swamp to play Georgetown and one of Hopkins' most conspicuous kryptonites - Loyola - waiting in the wings - the need for a good start before heading off to Chapel Hill and Hooville is fairly obvious.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:43 pm New turf is being installed on Homewood for the spring. I imagine they won't add football lines until lacrosse season is over. Maybe they're reading 06's posts after all. Cordish locker room renovations also well underway.

Team is back and practicing soon. The calm before the storm. A month till Denver.
IL apparently has a new recruiting guru to replace xanders, good luck to the guy.

Rabil and I think Quint have talked over the years about the benefit of late may lacrosse-playing after finals are done when there are no academic distractions. For a program which apparently has myriad on and off field distractions, I have always wondered if intersession when campus is mostly empty and the players aren't required to take classes really gives them an edge in getting ready for the season. All they really have to focus on is mentally and physically preparing.

I'm not on the special email lists for good reason so I have no idea where you saw this or what all of this is about. I never said anything about the quality of the turf or lockerrooms-although 51 would probably note it might get a bit scrunched with the bloated roster. I said the football lines leftover from the fall and lacrosse lines looked awful for what is supposed to be the sports pinnacle stadium. I also said you can't see the advertising on the sideline because it's pointed upwards and with the light you just see white on tv. It was also pointed out by me that since they built cordish and football got the old lacrosse rooms football has had wild success and lacrosse really hasn't won much. When CLC was built petro made special mention of all the room that was left in the atrium and steps going up the stairs for future baubles, awards, and trophies-most of which has gone unused although hopefully that'll change.

Need to check on georgetowns streaming situation. I think flo sports was sued for the b--- s---- like the stuff that caught a few of you the last time we played there. Not sure if the hoyas are still using it.

For those that care Petro had a close relationship with the Harbaugh Crean group. The Ravens coach famously came to a game with Belichick and some other man I didn't recognize I think against the terps 10 years ago-a loss if memory serves where they killed us with the 2 man game, his daughter played at notre dame, and his brother in law Crean I think brought one of his hoops teams to Homewood or spoke to the kids.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”