NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ChopMan23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ChopMan23 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:42 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 am I’ll say this, all the NESCAC dads on here know what DI offers their sons got. They could’ve “gone DI,” but chose the academics/notoriety of the NESCAC. That’s commendable, and no one can take that away from them. That’s where it ends. Their sons weren’t finished products coming out of high school. If they think that their sons wouldn’t be stronger, and more skilled, after 4 years of the added training and practice that a DI regimen mandates, they’re out to lunch. Meanwhile, similarly talented players coming out of high school (maybe just as academically gifted/driven, maybe not) DID chose DI, and did have the rigorous DI regimen for 4+ years. Remember when your kid was young, all the things you would tell him about how wallball would improve his skills? Well it turns out you were right, more practice actually makes you better. The rest boils down to coaching. Imagine how great Coach D’Annolfo would have these kids playing if he got the time of practice that DI offers?
You are implying that every D1 program has a better workout program /facilities and better coaching than top D3. They don’t. As I mentioned earlier, my son has ex teammates playing at all levels of college lax. Only two of them are playing with top 10 D1 programs. And yes, they are getting better coaching and have better facilities. Even some mid level programs like Navy have better facilities. But top D3 programs are having just as many lifting and practice days as D1 teams are getting. Salisbury and Tufts, have better coaching and facilities than lower D1 schools. Winter break is here now, and several of these D1 kids have come by the house. They all seem to be changing/growing at similar pace.
We have family friends and he has ex teammates at some of those lower level D1 programs that have been mentioned. They don’t have the same scholarship money or the same facilities as top level teams. And many top D3 programs have better facilities than lower level D1 facilities.

Your argument is solid, if we are talking about top 25 teams. But this conversation is about low level D1 programs vs top level D3.
These kids still get together for summer leagues and the kids from top D3 programs are comparable to the D1 kids.
Man you're dense...Have you ever been in a "lower level D1" facility? Go to NJIT, Marist, Sacred Heart, Fairfield, you might change your mind. I've been to Salisbury, Dickinson, Stevens, Gettysburg, and none of those facilities compare to the aforementioned D1's. Scholarships in D1 lacrosse are like a pie, high recruits get a slice/sliver, until the 12.6 is gone. It's the same for Duke or NJIT.
What year were you at Dickinson??? They have some of the nicest facilities in lacrosse! CNU, W&l, Washington College, Franklin and Marshall, Dickinson, Stevenson, CNU, Denison all have top notch facilities, for any level.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:15 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 am I’ll say this, all the NESCAC dads on here know what DI offers their sons got. They could’ve “gone DI,” but chose the academics/notoriety of the NESCAC. That’s commendable, and no one can take that away from them. That’s where it ends. Their sons weren’t finished products coming out of high school. If they think that their sons wouldn’t be stronger, and more skilled, after 4 years of the added training and practice that a DI regimen mandates, they’re out to lunch. Meanwhile, similarly talented players coming out of high school (maybe just as academically gifted/driven, maybe not) DID chose DI, and did have the rigorous DI regimen for 4+ years. Remember when your kid was young, all the things you would tell him about how wallball would improve his skills? Well it turns out you were right, more practice actually makes you better. The rest boils down to coaching. Imagine how great Coach D’Annolfo would have these kids playing if he got the time of practice that DI offers?
You are implying that every D1 program has a better workout program /facilities and better coaching than top D3. They don’t. As I mentioned earlier, my son has ex teammates playing at all levels of college lax. Only two of them are playing with top 10 D1 programs. And yes, they are getting better coaching and have better facilities. Even some mid level programs like Navy have better facilities. But top D3 programs are having just as many lifting and practice days as D1 teams are getting. Salisbury and Tufts, have better coaching and facilities than lower D1 schools. Winter break is here now, and several of these D1 kids have come by the house. They all seem to be changing/growing at similar pace.
We have family friends and he has ex teammates at some of those lower level D1 programs that have been mentioned. They don’t have the same scholarship money or the same facilities as top level teams. And many top D3 programs have better facilities than lower level D1 facilities.

Your argument is solid, if we are talking about top 25 teams. But this conversation is about low level D1 programs vs top level D3.
These kids still get together for summer leagues and the kids from top D3 programs are comparable to the D1 kids.
Man you're dense...Have you ever been in a "lower level D1" facility? Go to NJIT, Marist, Sacred Heart, Fairfield, you might change your mind. I've been to Salisbury, Dickinson, Stevens, Gettysburg, and none of those facilities compare to the aforementioned D1's. Scholarships in D1 lacrosse are like a pie, high recruits get a slice/sliver, until the 12.6 is gone. It's the same for Duke or NJIT.
What year were you at Dickinson??? They have some of the nicest facilities in lacrosse! CNU, W&l, Washington College, Franklin and Marshall, Dickinson, Stevenson, CNU, Denison all have top notch facilities, for any level.
I was at Dickinson for recruiting visit in 2019, early '20 I believe. I was at Stevenson, CNU, Salisbury last year for games. They are all impressive, as are Kean's. Imho the D1's have it, but that's to be expected for larger schools.

https://sacredheartpioneers.com/facilities

https://njithighlanders.com/facilities/ ... center/129

https://fairfieldstags.com/facilities

https://goredfoxes.com/facilities
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I'll second that related to the Red Devils jawn. I haven't been to Colby's campus but perused their facilities website when the coaching hire was announced. ITS RIDICULOUS. Better than almost all the D1's in Southeastern PA I've seen over the last few years. Including 'Nova, Drexel, St Joes, hell even UPenn. Stevenson is up there too. I mean, Cabrini had made upgrades to Edith Robb Dixon field, the Nerney Center with some legit locker room set ups and strength upgrades that made it on par with most of those schools. The landscape of facilities in D3, and specifically within the NESCAC is modern, with all the fixings.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:54 pm

I was at Dickinson for recruiting visit in 2019, early '20 I believe. I was at Stevenson, CNU, Salisbury last year for games. They are all impressive, as are Kean's. Imho the D1's have it, but that's to be expected for larger schools.

On average, and not specific to lax, yeah, I agree, the D1's typically have better funding and a broad set of facilities. But if we're talking purely lax, IDK man.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:59 pm

On average, and not specific to lax, yeah, I agree, the D1's typically have better funding and a broad set of facilities. But if we're talking purely lax, IDK man.
Dickinson's field is multi sport as well. Stevenson was the most impressive D3 so far, especially at night. Kean's scoreboard is NFL typ crap. But, NJIT's field at night is a sight to see. Tailgating on the upper deck of the parking garage looking down at the field with NYC as backdrop, pretty cool. No football lines as well. Different strokes as they say.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:18 pm

Dickinson's field is multi sport as well. Stevenson was the most impressive D3 so far, especially at night. Kean's scoreboard is NFL typ crap. But, NJIT's field at night is a sight to see. Tailgating on the upper deck of the parking garage looking down at the field with NYC as backdrop, pretty cool. No football lines as well. Different strokes as they say.
Are you seriously call by someone dense because they can’t keep up with your circle jerk? First it was all low level D1 teams are better than any D3 lax team. Then it was a comparison to lacrosse coaching and lax facilities. Now you are claiming the parking garage at NJIT makes it a better program for lax???? Dude, give it up. Your kid tried a low level D1 program and didn’t cut it. That happens to lots of kids. And now he is on a low level d3 program and struggling for playing time and you are upset? That happens also. Get over it.

As someone said, this is just everyone’s “opinion”. If you want to rate a lax program based on a parking garage, that’s cool. But hard to follow
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Are you seriously call by someone dense because they can’t keep up with your circle jerk? First it was all low level D1 teams are better than any D3 lax team. Then it was a comparison to lacrosse coaching and lax facilities. Now you are claiming the parking garage at NJIT makes it a better program for lax???? Dude, give it up. Your kid tried a low level D1 program and didn’t cut it. That happens to lots of kids. And now he is on a low level d3 program and struggling for playing time and you are upset? That happens also. Get over it.

As someone said, this is just everyone’s “opinion”. If you want to rate a lax program based on a parking garage, that’s cool. But hard to follow
You're a DOOSH, is that better... Struggling for playing time :lol: Go kick your dog you miserable f^&k
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm

You're a DOOSH, is that better... Struggling for playing time :lol: Go kick your dog you miserable f^&k
Hey now. Laxdad has had some bad takes, but his son is a terrific player, he would benefit a lot of D3 programs. No need for the personal attacks.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Can we all pump the breaks? No need to call anyone a dbag or mfer. Also no need to go after a young man who it seems has found the right level/place for himself and would probably be horrified to learn he's the subject of these arguments.

It'd honestly be amazing if the mods could take the last however many pages we've been on this over to a new thread called Low D1 v. High D3. We've gotten pretty far away from NESCAC lacrosse and any new fans who find this site and want to join the discussion are going to think we're a bunch of psychos.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:42 pm Can we all pump the breaks? No need to call anyone a dbag or mfer. Also no need to go after a young man who it seems has found the right level/place for himself and would probably be horrified to learn he's the subject of these arguments.

It'd honestly be amazing if the mods could take the last however many pages we've been on this over to a new thread called Low D1 v. High D3. We've gotten pretty far away from NESCAC lacrosse and any new fans who find this site and want to join the discussion are going to think we're a bunch of psychos.
I can admit my mistake. I don’t know the guy. I only heard someone else say his kid was at a low level d3 school. I apologize for that comment, I don’t know him.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:42 pm Can we all pump the breaks? No need to call anyone a dbag or mfer. Also no need to go after a young man who it seems has found the right level/place for himself and would probably be horrified to learn he's the subject of these arguments.

Amen to that, the kid thing, I mean shoot, low level D1 anywhere in D3 all those kids are just chasing the game, and you have to respect it. Only 7% of HS athletes play anything in college. I remember just being thrilled to get to play competitive ball for four more years, test myself, figure out my limits. Its a beautiful, short, action packed handful of years.

On the psycho front, I think that's just assumed. We're all designated as overzealous simply by visiting this site!
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:00 pm I can admit my mistake. I don’t know the guy. I only heard someone else say his kid was at a low level d3 school. I apologize for that comment, I don’t know him.
I've yelled unimaginable things at people I don't know before. Happens to all of us.
MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:09 pm On the psycho front, I think that's just assumed. We're all designated as overzealous simply by visiting this site!
Fair point.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Laxdad right now.

MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:34 am Laxdad right now.

Legit LOL man.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

In an effort to turn the page, and right the the ship.. my son plays for a different NESCAC, but in discussing the upcoming season, he thought that Amherst will make a very strong push in the conference this year. While I am not as familiar with the team, and I realize that they lost a few impact players, I am curious as to what others thought. While Tufts is pretty stacked every year, it seems like they lost a lot of notable talent from last year.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:50 am In an effort to turn the page, and right the the ship.. my son plays for a different NESCAC, but in discussing the upcoming season, he thought that Amherst will make a very strong push in the conference this year. While I am not as familiar with the team, and I realize that they lost a few impact players, I am curious as to what others thought. While Tufts is pretty stacked every year, it seems like they lost a lot of notable talent from last year.
I am pretty sure that I heard a rumor. That Amherst lost its best offensive player to the transfer portal
slippinjimmy

Post by slippinjimmy »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:50 am In an effort to turn the page, and right the the ship.. my son plays for a different NESCAC, but in discussing the upcoming season, he thought that Amherst will make a very strong push in the conference this year. While I am not as familiar with the team, and I realize that they lost a few impact players, I am curious as to what others thought. While Tufts is pretty stacked every year, it seems like they lost a lot of notable talent from last year.
Amherst and Tufts both seem to have lost a lot. Look to teams like Middlebury, Williams and Bowdoin who return a lot to continue to be strong. I would also point out how team like Trinity and Conn who last year were relatively young demonstrated a lot promise and growth through the year - I would expect both of these teams who have a more veteran roster to be strong and compete at a high level this year. With regards to Amherst, they lose a good amount of impact players all around the field, but I would expect there younger guys who played to continue to improve and step up. The NESCAC is going to be a lot of fun this year, I expect nearly every game to be a battle (with a few exceptions...). Really interested to see what happens with the teams like Amherst and Tufts who are looking at a completely different roster this year.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Jumbo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:00 am
I am pretty sure that I heard a rumor. That Amherst lost its best offensive player to the transfer portal
So, are you suggesting that they do not have the depth to make up for the loss, and, assuming that you are a Tufts supporter, how does transfer/graduation affect them this year.
slippinjimmy

Post by slippinjimmy »

Trying to start discussion... These are just my thoughts and not set in stone.
With that being said here is how I would expect the NESCAC to look at the end of the spring.

1. Midd
2. Bowdoin
3. Tufts
4. Conn
5. Williams
6. Amherst
7. Trinity
8. Hamilton
9. Wesleyan
10. Colby
11. Bates

Thoughts on this/any changes you would make?
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:44 am
Jumbo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:00 am
So, are you suggesting that they do not have the depth to make up for the loss, and, assuming that you are a Tufts supporter, how does transfer/graduation affect them this year.
Tufts loses DIII poy and DIII FOGOY to Vurginia and Syracuse, respectively. Kurt Bruun is off to OSU and Tommy Swank is working I believe, so the entire starting attack and a couple hundred points are gone. Although it had some losses at close D and ssdm, I think its returning D, including perhaps the best returning player in Nescac, Joey Waldbaum, LSMs and GK make it the best D in Nescac. The 2nd fogo was pretty good last year, so ok there. The question is how to replace the attack. Tufts has at least 6 returnig outstanding offensive shorties, including Taglieferi, Ettinghausen and Christmas, so after figuring out who is playing attack and mid, I expect the 'Bos to roll to a 13th championship.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”