Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by dislaxxic »

Muslim Civil Rights Group Condemns GOP Senators' Treatment Of Muslim Court Pick

Senate awholes Cruz, Cotton and Hawley embarrass themselves and the nation in a Senate confirmation hearing...proving (once again) that they both are racist Islamophobes and un-American douchebags.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Things are getting dicey

from CENTCOM today -
"In the early morning hours of December 16 (Sanna time) the US Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS CARNEY (DDG 64), operating in the Red Sea, successfully engaged 14 unmanned aerial systems launched as a drone wave from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen. The UAS were assessed to be one-way attack drones and were shot down with no damage to ships in the area or reported injuries. Regional Red Sea partners were alerted to the threat.

and Yesterday
"At approximately 0700, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), Houthi forces contacted the Motor Vessel MSC ALANYA, a Liberian flagged vessel that was traveling north in the southern part of the Red Sea and threatened to attack it. The Houthis directed the vessel to turn around and proceed south. Although there were no U.S. ships in the area, U.S. forces maintained direct communications with the vessel, and the ALANYA continued north. It is believed to be traveling safely at this time.
At approximately 0900, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), a UAV launched from Houthi held territory struck the Liberian flagged Motor Vessel AL JASRAH as it was travelling south in the Red Sea. The AL JASRAH immediately broadcast a mayday signal that said the crew was fighting a fire caused by the attack.
The fire has since been extinguished and the crew has since determined that no further assistance is needed.
Then, at approximately 1300, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), Houthi forces launched two ballistic missiles towards the international shipping lanes in the Bab el-Mandeb strait. One of these missiles struck the Liberian flagged MV PALATIUM 3, which broadcast a mayday call and reported that the vessel was on fire. The USS MASON has responded to that request. The other missile likely missed any ships.
No injuries have been reported by any of the three ships attacked, but this latest round of attacks is yet another demonstration of the great risk to international shipping caused by these Houthi actions."

Royal Navy HMS Diamond fired a Sea Viper missile and destroyed a drone that was “targeting merchant shipping also on Saturday.

Apparently in Gaza - the three Israeli hostages killed by IDF were shirtless and waving an improvised white flag. Two were killed outright in the street and third was wounded and escaped to an adjacent building where he cried out in Hebrew and was then killed when he exited to the street again.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:26 pm Things are getting dicey

from CENTCOM today -
"In the early morning hours of December 16 (Sanna time) the US Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS CARNEY (DDG 64), operating in the Red Sea, successfully engaged 14 unmanned aerial systems launched as a drone wave from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen. The UAS were assessed to be one-way attack drones and were shot down with no damage to ships in the area or reported injuries. Regional Red Sea partners were alerted to the threat.

and Yesterday
"At approximately 0700, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), Houthi forces contacted the Motor Vessel MSC ALANYA, a Liberian flagged vessel that was traveling north in the southern part of the Red Sea and threatened to attack it. The Houthis directed the vessel to turn around and proceed south. Although there were no U.S. ships in the area, U.S. forces maintained direct communications with the vessel, and the ALANYA continued north. It is believed to be traveling safely at this time.
At approximately 0900, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), a UAV launched from Houthi held territory struck the Liberian flagged Motor Vessel AL JASRAH as it was travelling south in the Red Sea. The AL JASRAH immediately broadcast a mayday signal that said the crew was fighting a fire caused by the attack.
The fire has since been extinguished and the crew has since determined that no further assistance is needed.
Then, at approximately 1300, Dec. 15 (Sanaa time), Houthi forces launched two ballistic missiles towards the international shipping lanes in the Bab el-Mandeb strait. One of these missiles struck the Liberian flagged MV PALATIUM 3, which broadcast a mayday call and reported that the vessel was on fire. The USS MASON has responded to that request. The other missile likely missed any ships.
No injuries have been reported by any of the three ships attacked, but this latest round of attacks is yet another demonstration of the great risk to international shipping caused by these Houthi actions."

Royal Navy HMS Diamond fired a Sea Viper missile and destroyed a drone that was “targeting merchant shipping also on Saturday.

Apparently in Gaza - the three Israeli hostages killed by IDF were shirtless and waving an improvised white flag. Two were killed outright in the street and third was wounded and escaped to an adjacent building where he cried out in Hebrew and was then killed when he exited to the street again.
Never justifiable but friendly fire takes a lot of lives in combat zones. The original reports of this incident are very disturbing if they are true. Anybody waving a white flag is surrendering or asking for help. My own experience as an infantry soldier would never allow me shoot at a person waving a white flag. I could be foggy on the details but the white flag is a universal symbol of someone who is declaring themselves a non combatant if not surrendering outright. I hope these initial reports are wrong. Being in a combat environment is difficult enough as it is. Killing an innocent person in the course of the fighting would be devastating to any soldier. There is a horrific scene in the movie " We Were Soldiers" when a FAC officer can't call of the napalm attack on his own soldiers. Who ever these soldiers were this incident will devastate them for the rest of their lives
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Some soldiers will not carry the burden all their lives if at all.

What was your outfit?

A succinct history of the history and issues. Might have to scroll down a wee bit.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2023/12 ... inues.html
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I am comfortable with residence in general but not exclusively.

https://www.rawstory.com/tpusa-event-je ... e-history/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:56 pm Some soldiers will not carry the burden all their lives if at all.

What was your outfit?

A succinct history of the history and issues. Might have to scroll down a wee bit.

My outfit was A company 2/508 airborne infantry 82nd airborne division. My outfit is what is often referred to as an elite army unit. My opinion is biased but the paratroopers I served with earned that title. From August 1979 to March 1982 I made 37 static line parachute jumps. The vast majority were jumps made in full combat gear and made at night. I jumped out of pretty much aircraft in the inventory at the time. Five jumps at Ft Benning in 1979 included C119 infamous flying boxcar/ old Shakey, C123. Return to Ft Bragg and my first jump was the last Hollywood jump out of a Huey at 2000 feet. That was the division commanders welcome jump to all of us. I jumped out of mainly C130 aircraft and C141 with an awesome tail jump out of a CH 47 in Alaska. I qualified expert with the M16 rifle and the M60 machine gun. I was a god damn good soldier and no mother effer on this forum would ever outhump me and my fellow soldiers on their best day. I hope my response is satisfactory to what you were implying.
No I would never fire on any individual waving a white flag. That is not who we were and it is not how we were trained.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

This is what happens when you dehumanize people:

Insane: the 3 hostages were shirtless & waving a white flag when they were shot. One of them managed to escape while shouting for help in Hebrew but our soldiers still chased & executed him

https://twitter.com/AsafRonel/status/17 ... 24/photo/1

https://twitter.com/AsafRonel/status/17 ... 5126653224

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/16/worl ... -gaza.html

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/16/12198260 ... lestinians

This murder was avoidable but for the fact that the evil Israelis seek to kill everyone in sight because they regard them as unhuman.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:34 am Muslim Civil Rights Group Condemns GOP Senators' Treatment Of Muslim Court Pick

Senate awholes Cruz, Cotton and Hawley embarrass themselves and the nation in a Senate confirmation hearing...proving (once again) that they both are racist Islamophobes and un-American douchebags.

It's a good bet that this will be completely disregarded by certain delusionals here.

Just for the record, I condemn how those bigoted right wingers conducted themselves.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

very disturbing video about Israeli tyranny:

comments:

"The fact she had to sneak in just to get this kind of footage is very telling of why Israel doesn’t want journalists in Gaza."

"Finally CNN reports what any human understands "

"The different picture we get when journalists are accompanied by IDF vs when they actually do independent reporting doesn't go unnoticed."

For years, CNN has been Israel's biggest media apologist. In fact, more so than Fox. It is so highly unusual for them to finally report the truth.

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:57 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:56 pm Some soldiers will not carry the burden all their lives if at all.

What was your outfit?

My outfit was A company 2/508 airborne infantry 82nd airborne division. My outfit is what is often referred to as an elite army unit. My opinion is biased but the paratroopers I served with earned that title. From August 1979 to March 1982 I made 37 static line parachute jumps. The vast majority were jumps made in full combat gear and made at night. I jumped out of pretty much aircraft in the inventory at the time. Five jumps at Ft Benning in 1979 included C119 infamous flying boxcar/ old Shakey, C123. Return to Ft Bragg and my first jump was the last Hollywood jump out of a Huey at 2000 feet. That was the division commanders welcome jump to all of us. I jumped out of mainly C130 aircraft and C141 with an awesome tail jump out of a CH 47 in Alaska. I qualified expert with the M16 rifle and the M60 machine gun. I was a god damn good soldier and no mother effer on this forum would ever outhump me and my fellow soldiers on their best day. I hope my response is satisfactory to what you were implying.
No I would never fire on any individual waving a white flag. That is not who we were and it is not how we were trained.
Nothing implied. A simple question,

My BIL would disagree with your blanket statement. He did a little training at Bragg. Some of his quals:

Instruction/trainer/mentor
Close quarter combat
Military Operations Urban Terrain
Personal security/Force protection
Maritime operations
Underway ship-boarding and seizure (anti-piracy)
Gas and Oil Platform seizure and security
Teambuilding and Leadership

He saw combat in Sarajevo, Iraq ans Afghanistan. Very accomplished.

When i lived in Alexandria my next door neighbor was an USMC 4 star. He would not agree with the blanket statement either
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

What was your outfit?

My BIL would disagree with your blanket statement. He did a little training at Bragg. Some of his quals:

Close quarter combat
Maritime operations

When i lived in Alexandria my next door neighbor was an USMC 4 star. He would not agree with the blanket statement either
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

What was your outfit?

Close quarter combat
Maritime operations

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sorry about the multiple posts. The site was not cooperative this AM or i was too impatient.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:42 pm

from CENTCOM today -

and Yesterday

Never justifiable but friendly fire takes a lot of lives in combat zones. The original reports of this incident are very disturbing if they are true. Anybody waving a white flag is surrendering or asking for help. My own experience as an infantry soldier would never allow me shoot at a person waving a white flag. I could be foggy on the details but the white flag is a universal symbol of someone who is declaring themselves a non combatant if not surrendering outright. I hope these initial reports are wrong. Being in a combat environment is difficult enough as it is. Killing an innocent person in the course of the fighting would be devastating to any soldier. There is a horrific scene in the movie " We Were Soldiers" when a FAC officer can't call of the napalm attack on his own soldiers. Who ever these soldiers were this incident will devastate them for the rest of their lives
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-wives-sl ... ort-bragg/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:42 pm

from CENTCOM today -

and Yesterday

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-wives-sl ... ort-bragg/
It must be caused by the Jeffrey McDonald syndrome. Have you ever read fatal vision??
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:17 am

What was your outfit?

Close quarter combat
Maritime operations

I lived and trained at Ft Bragg for almost 3 years. Our training was MOS specific. There were certainly many soldiers with different MOS specialties. I'll bet most of them never found themselves marching many klicks in the middle of the night in a pouring rain with a full rucksack. I guess everybody's experience is different. We were told all that adversity built character while giving you blisters on your feet at the same time while the rucksack straps rubbed your shoulders raw. If your a masochist this is the career for you. :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 am
Thanks for sharing this.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:25 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 am
Thanks for sharing this.
This is my entire "conversation" with Brookie summed up in a neat clip.

They were offered peace multiple times. They chose, instead, to try and wipe out the Jewish people.

And now, of course, they want the Israelis to stop fighting back and submit.

Gee, I can't figure out why the Israelis aren't listening to anyone on Earth anymore. :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ yeah that's why UNSCRs have been ignored - so convenient to blame Palestinians for that, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQcOlCmbEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cmbedj0jk

Return to “POLITICS”