Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Brooklyn »

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/ ... as-israel/

https://pen.org/rising-anti-muslim-and- ... on-campus/

Islamophobic hate on campus. Has Congress held hearings on them or has the news media focused on one issue but not the other?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:06 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/education/ ... as-israel/

https://pen.org/rising-anti-muslim-and- ... on-campus/

Islamophobic hate on campus. Has Congress held hearings on them or has the news media focused on one issue but not the other?
See what happens when the Poison Ivy League allows and tolerates protesting for the killing of jews . ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:25 am See what happens when the Poison Ivy League allows and tolerates protesting for the killing of jews . ;)

Not that I've spent half the day or week on this, but I've yet to find Ivy League school signs which call for killing Jews. I've seen plenty of END APARTHEID, STOP GENOCIDE, PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST signs but cannot find massive calls for killing Jews or swastikas or white power signs. Can you link me to articles and photos which show that?

By contrast, I recall white power signs in the Army-Navy game during the tRump regime:

^white power hand gesture
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:02 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:25 am See what happens when the Poison Ivy League allows and tolerates protesting for the killing of jews . ;)

Not that I've spent half the day or week on this, but I've yet to find Ivy League school signs which call for killing Jews. I've seen plenty of END APARTHEID, STOP GENOCIDE, PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST signs but cannot find massive calls for killing Jews or swastikas or white power signs. Can you link me to articles and photos which show that?

By contrast, I recall white power signs in the Army-Navy game during the tRump regime:

^white power hand gesture
... same here. For all the claims, not very many instances documented. I think the Israel lobby has been mostly counting instances where protestors shouted the river to the sea chant, which is like saying death to Israel. US press is giving the Israel lobby a lot of leeway in defining what is antisemitic and serious calls for Jewish death. This leeway is being granted by both the right and left.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... at the same time republiCONs seem to have no problem with this racism / antisemiticism, probably because it wasn't on a college campus and it was spoken by a real antisemite.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:56 pm ... same here. For all the claims, not very many instances documented. I think the Israel lobby has been mostly counting instances where protestors shouted the river to the sea chant, which is like saying death to Israel. US press is giving the Israel lobby a lot of leeway in defining what is antisemitic and serious calls for Jewish death. This leeway is being granted by both the right and left.

True but mostly from the right wing during white supremacist rallies. Not in the pro Palestinian rallies many of which are led by Orthodox and Reform Jews.

YA and others on this forum have made accusations that people are calling for genocide against Jews and I have repeatedly challenged them to post evidence of these calls. But all they do is to repeat the accusations without providing even the slightest evidence. By contrast, you have seen my earlier posts in which Israelis have called for the genocide of Palestinians and none of these critics here have objected to those calls. I can re-post them just to prove a point but won't do so as they will only ignore those truths once again.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:13 pm ... at the same time republiCONs seem to have no problem with this racism / antisemiticism, probably because it wasn't on a college campus and it was spoken by a real antisemite.

Good post. The forum Islamophobes are quick to attack anyone who they say is antisemitic unless it happens to be a right wing CONservative who is making such calls. Fuentes who is a tRumpite like so many sick minded far right delusionals on this forum "calls for 'a genocide of 'perfidious Jews ... When we take power they need to be given the death penalty straight up.' " WHERE IS THE CONDEMNATION OF THIS ANTISEMITISM?

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Trump is antisemitic ergo…,
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:24 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:56 pm ... same here. For all the claims, not very many instances documented. I think the Israel lobby has been mostly counting instances where protestors shouted the river to the sea chant, which is like saying death to Israel. US press is giving the Israel lobby a lot of leeway in defining what is antisemitic and serious calls for Jewish death. This leeway is being granted by both the right and left.

True but mostly from the right wing during white supremacist rallies. Not in the pro Palestinian rallies many of which are led by Orthodox and Reform Jews.

YA and others on this forum have made accusations that people are calling for genocide against Jews and I have repeatedly challenged them to post evidence of these calls. But all they do is to repeat the accusations without providing even the slightest evidence. By contrast, you have seen my earlier posts in which Israelis have called for the genocide of Palestinians and none of these critics here have objected to those calls. I can re-post them just to prove a point but won't do so as they will only ignore those truths once again.
Calls for "from the river to the sea" are meant as calls for genocide when spoken by radical terrorists, like HAMAS. But not all who chant such actually understand the meaning, though shame on them for not bothering to know. At this point, however, I think nearly all who chant such have had ample opportunity to understand the meaning of such in this context of the terrorist atrocities. They are simply choosing to place their moral outrage at the maltreatment of Palestinians over any such compunction about calling for the genocide of Jews.

On the one hand you deny that these are calls for genocide of the Jews and yet on the other you claim that "none of these critics" is condemning calls for genocide of Palestinians. Who do you mean by "these critics"??? Is there anyone on here who doesn't condemn calls for genocide of Palestinians???

Be specific, because I'm pretty darn sure that those on here who are objecting to calls for genocide of the Jews would have no problem speaking against calls for genocide of Palestinians.

The issues involved are complicated and fraught, but calls for genocide are straightforwardly abhorrent. Or should be.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Could be from the river to the sea merely refers to the best body of water to go to for a quick swim. :roll:
Hitler tried the extermination of the Jews once. There are some folks who want to have another go at it. Maybe they have a better plan than the Nazis did?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

r's consider the Lee on a vacation and peaceful sightseeing trip during the civil war?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... -cemetery/

This month, 44 Republican lawmakers cautioned Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, the first African American to hold the post, that the Pentagon would overstep its authority by removing the memorial and they demanded that all efforts to do so stop until Congress works through next year’s appropriations bill. The memorial “commemorates reconciliation and national unity,” not the Confederacy per se, the group led by Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.) claimed.

Take this piece of hate and melt it down.

DEPLORABLE
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88a wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:55 pm r's consider the Lee on a vacation and peaceful sightseeing trip during the civil war?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... -cemetery/

This month, 44 Republican lawmakers cautioned Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, the first African American to hold the post, that the Pentagon would overstep its authority by removing the memorial and they demanded that all efforts to do so stop until Congress works through next year’s appropriations bill. The memorial “commemorates reconciliation and national unity,” not the Confederacy per se, the group led by Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.) claimed.

Take this piece of hate and melt it down.

DEPLORABLE
And General Sherman took a slow leisurely stroll on his way to the sea. Atlanta sured looked pretty burning in the nights sky with gods little lanterns twinkling on and off in the heavens. Abraham Lincoln is said to have expressed the opinion that the rebel southerners should be treated as misguided brothers rather than conquered enemies. Well the US government treated them like a conquered enemy after Lincoln was assassinated. Does that remind any of you what happened at the end of WW1?

I'm a die hard New York Yankee Union type of guy. My time in the army allowed me the good fortune to meet and befriend some of these redneck boys from Marion NC. These were good ole boys whose kin folk going back generations were all Johnny rebs. These were dirt poor folks who have been dirt poor for generations. Their lot in life was not much better than most slaves. Hell most of these rebels couldn't afford shoes. To these folks the civil war had nothing to do with slavery. To them it was about the US government dictating to them what they could and could not do. I never agreed with them but I understood they had an undying loyalty to their kin folk. In their minds their cause was justified. When great, great uncle Billy Bob had his leg blown off on the battlefield to them he was a hero. That is a part of down south culture I learned back in the early 1980s I'm sure the world is different today. I don't ever see these people repudiating their family history. I guess they have all morphed into White Christian Supremacists? Maybe it is simpler just to call em rednecks?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:18 pm

Calls for "from the river to the sea" are meant as calls for genocide when spoken by radical terrorists, like HAMAS. But not all who chant such actually understand the meaning, though shame on them for not bothering to know. At this point, however, I think nearly all who chant such have had ample opportunity to understand the meaning of such in this context of the terrorist atrocities. They are simply choosing to place their moral outrage at the maltreatment of Palestinians over any such compunction about calling for the genocide of Jews.

On the one hand you deny that these are calls for genocide of the Jews and yet on the other you claim that "none of these critics" is condemning calls for genocide of Palestinians. Who do you mean by "these critics"??? Is there anyone on here who doesn't condemn calls for genocide of Palestinians???

Be specific, because I'm pretty darn sure that those on here who are objecting to calls for genocide of the Jews would have no problem speaking against calls for genocide of Palestinians.

The issues involved are complicated and fraught, but calls for genocide are straightforwardly abhorrent. Or should be.

~ Calls for "from the river to the sea" are meant as calls for genocide ~

Very convenient interpretation but totally lacking in substance or in truth. As the pro Israel NY Slimes has said,

The phrase “from the river to the sea” — or in Arabic, “min al-nahr ila al-bahr” — dates to the dawn of the Palestinian nationalist movement in the early 1960s, about a quarter century before Hamas came into existence. It gained popularity within the Palestine Liberation Organization, or P.L.O., as a call for returning to the borders under British control of Palestine, where Jews and Arabs had both lived before the creation of Israel as a Jewish state in 1948.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/09/us/p ... nians.html

The Slimes goes on to write that Hamas adopted the term for its own purposes. But had those idiots bothered to read the Hamas charter they would know that their struggle is with Zionists, not with Jews:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Hamas_charter

Article 31: ""Under the wing of Islam", it is possible for Islam, Christianity and Judaism "to coexist in peace and quiet with each other" provided that members of other religions do not dispute the sovereignty of Islam in the region.[1]" ''Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion. Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine. Yet, it is the Zionists who constantly identify Judaism and the Jews with their own colonial project and illegal entity. Hamas rejects the persecution of any human being or the undermining of his or her rights on nationalist, religious or sectarian grounds.

On that basis it is clear that they have NOT called for genocide since their struggle is against alien ideology, not against religion. Hamas specifically calls for COEXISTENCE as you see from this blurb. Note that Orthodox Jews have aligned themselves with Hamas and with Iran Shiia authority as I have documented on these pages previously.

Bottom line here is, that contrary to your mistaken views, “min al-nahr ila al-bahr” is NOT a call for genocide.

While Hamas has called for COEXISTENCE, Netanyahu has called for exclusionism:

viewtopic.php?p=502424#p502424

Netanyahu chimed in on this a while ago when he said "Israel Is 'Nation-State Of The Jewish People And Them Alone' "

As for those who failed to condemn calls for Palestinian genocide, thank you for affirming what I have written previously. I posted several links which showed these calls. Nobody responded to them because those links were ignored. But to prove a point, I will again re-post those links which show bigoted Islamophobes calling for genocide:

viewtopic.php?p=502412#p502412
viewtopic.php?p=502476#p502476

Now go back and review those posts and pay close attention to those other posts around them. Several of these forum geniuses here said that similar posts which proved that Israel engaged in unlawful actions (both before and after them) were "antisemitic". Not a shred of proof was given. Instead, the hate and the lies were repeated by those Islamophobes who are hellbent on having Muslims survive under Apartheid or killed while making every excuse possible for the Israeli government which has been condemned by something like 90% of the world for its genocide (such genocide costing Biden a large percentage of his previous supporters resulting in a drastic decline in his approval ratings). Those are the people I was referring to. Go ahead and read all those posts and you will readily see what I mean.

~ calls for genocide are abhorrent ~

I take this to mean that you include the calls above which I have quoted previously. Dunno why you didn't condemn those earlier calls like I did but it 's always better late than never. Now let's have everyone else condemn such hate filled calls.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:46 pm Claudine Gay in some more tough media time after her Harvard thesis was shown with 'alleged' plagiarized copy, in side by images. She has doubled down but the hits keep coming. Babylon Bee poking fun:

https://babylonbee.com/news/claudine-ga ... ve-a-dream
Plagiarizing Gay, out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=clauidn ... e&ie=UTF-8
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:46 pm Claudine Gay in some more tough media time after her Harvard thesis was shown with 'alleged' plagiarized copy, in side by images. She has doubled down but the hits keep coming. Babylon Bee poking fun:

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

Just wondering, what does this have to do with racism?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:55 pm

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

It was discussed in this thread awhile back after the hearings, and when I searched her name today to post this, I snagged a recent post where Gay and the others was discussed.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:45 pm

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

It was discussed in this thread awhile back after the hearings, and when I searched her name today to post this, I snagged a recent post where Gay and the others was discussed.
Yeah. I see you posted it to this forum initially. What does Claudine Gray’s plagiarism have to do with racism?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:55 pm

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

Yeah. I see you posted it to this forum initially. What does Claudine Gray’s plagiarism have to do with racism?
I already explained it.....
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

No you didn’t. Why did you initially post a reference to Claudine Gay’s plagiarism to the Is America Racist forum. Others had made references to her in the Zionism thread but you were the first to post a reference to her in this forum. Why?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Plagiarizing Gay, out:

No you didn’t. Why did you initially post a reference to Claudine Gay’s plagiarism to the Is America Racist forum. Others had made references to her in the Zionism thread but you were the first to post a reference to her in this forum. Why?
I already explained it….because of the results of the hearings and the backlash from them about their stances.

Enough of the continual quest to find racism, seems you want to find it. Why is that?
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”