NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthieLax

Re: NESCAC

Post by SouthieLax »

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:20 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:58 am it sounds like laxdad's kid got rejected from a nescac school. maybe that's why he thinks poorly of the conference. i'm sure he's doing great at kean.
Lol...I can see how it looks that way. Listen, I had a flight delay yesterday, 5 hours. and was bored to crap. Some guy was wondering why a 5'7 160# grad transfer from a NESCAC to Fairfield U, barely played...duh. So I poked the bear, NESCAC daddies went berserk. and here we are.

That was fun...Happy Holidays everyone!
Of all the nonsense written throughout this “debate”, Chlastawa continuing to catch strays has been the most bizarre. It’s simply false. He started at Fairfield and was their second leading scorer. He was also recovering from a serious injury (broken leg). Why bash him? I know Deeppocket brought it up first, but very odd.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SouthieLax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:43 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:20 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:58 am it sounds like laxdad's kid got rejected from a nescac school. maybe that's why he thinks poorly of the conference. i'm sure he's doing great at kean.
Lol...I can see how it looks that way. Listen, I had a flight delay yesterday, 5 hours. and was bored to crap. Some guy was wondering why a 5'7 160# grad transfer from a NESCAC to Fairfield U, barely played...duh. So I poked the bear, NESCAC daddies went berserk. and here we are.

That was fun...Happy Holidays everyone!
Of all the nonsense written throughout this “debate”, Chlastawa continuing to catch strays has been the most bizarre. It’s simply false. He started at Fairfield and was their second leading scorer. He was also recovering from a serious injury (broken leg). Why bash him? I know Deeppocket brought it up first, but very odd.
Who's bashing him? He was a great D-3 player. But, he went from being a NESCAC all-time great, to a 26pt scorer on a 2-9 team. The jump to D-1 is harder then most NESCACians want to admit. Even if he was healthy, he's not hanging those #'s in D-1. The "barely played" comment was me parroting an earlier post, should have done my homework. D3 is great, loaded with great D3 players. But the gap between the 2 divisions is cavernous.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

And from that same era as Chlastawa:

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts
Jacksonville, 30 games, 106 pts (All Conference, 2 year captain)

Mike McCormack:
Middlebury- 3 seasons, 58 pts
Vermont- 2 seasons, 95 pts (All Conference, All New England)

What’s your spin on their adjustment?
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Don’t discount the possibility that laxdad is merely perpetuating a long-standing bias against those from western Poland. The villagers of Chlastawa are looked down upon by all the smarty-pants residents of Warsaw and Kraków. So what if those elitists can count past 10 with their shoes on? They wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a potassium mining skills competition with the proud people of Chlastawa!!!
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SouthieLax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:47 pm And from that same era as Chlastawa:

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

Come on really, 2 players? As I said, there’s always exceptions. But 2 guys out of the 500 kids per year that play NESCAC ball isn’t a great example. And, these 2 probably should/could have played D1 out of HS. Both huge, D1 skills.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Can Opener wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:46 am Don’t discount the possibility that laxdad is merely perpetuating a long-standing bias against those from western Poland. The villagers of Chlastawa are looked down upon by all the smarty-pants residents of Warsaw and Kraków. So what if those elitists can count past 10 with their shoes on? They wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a potassium mining skills competition with the proud people of Chlastawa!!!
You nailed it :lol:
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Definitions for me:
Low D1: NJIY, Hampton, Lowell, Canisius, Queens, Wagner, Cleveland St, Detroit Mercy, Lindenwood (RIP), Bonnys, LIU, VMI, St Johns, Sacred Heart
(leaving out HCross, Dartmouth, Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette because even though historically bad, these are the teams that compete with the below D3s for recruits and I dont think they would do as well against these teams, except maybe HC)
High D3 academic / lax: top 7 NESCAC
Mid-High D3 academic + Lax: Dickinson, Gettysburg, top 3 Liberty, Stevens, Denison, Kenyon, Swat, W&L
High D3 Lax: CNU, Salisbury, York

Im going to go out on a limb and say the gap between low D1 and high D3 is much more slim than high D3 and low d3. I think any of the NESCAC top players would do very well on those Low D1 teams listed above. They chose not to go there likely for academic reasons. IF the high D3 teams + Salisbury/CNU and some of the LIberty teams were to play the low D1 teams straight up, I think it would be 50/50 and I dont think they would get "crushed" or "destroyed" as was previously pointed out

I think 'smoovas' earlier point about recruitment is most salient. At least here in the Northeast, the pecking order of recruitment is high D1, mid D1 / High D3, low D1 / high D2 / mid D3 and then everyone else We routinely see clubs and prep schools post their commits and the low D1s are often very late. My own person experience had my son still getting D1 reach outs well into his Senior year. Now does earlier recruitment necessarily translate into better players? Not necessarily but it is a general rule of thumb that probably holds true. But the point that someone said that the low D1 programs would be salivating to have some of the high D3 programs is true. The reality is players at those mid-high D3 colleges would rather go to their respective schools then go low-mid D1

The comparison to football and basketball is totally ludicrous. Totally different demographic recruiting base and much greater depth of talent across basketball and football. I would say lacrosse recruiting for high academic D3 is much closer to squash, swimming, golf, tennis, fencing and crew then basketball and football.

Love this discussion though. Love to see an active board. My one troll (but not entirely untrue) comment: I think if you gave Brunswick, Lawrenceville, St Anthonys, McDonough, GPRep, Culver kids 1-2 years of maturity (not as 18 year olds), they would hold their own against low D1 teams.

Disclaimer: No dog in this fight. Not a NESCAC dad.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

smoova wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:52 am
Leonard Washington wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:40 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 pm
Hampton would get thrashed by Brunswick or St. Anthony’s
:lol: :roll:
This thread is exposing some unfortunate misconceptions. Hampton's best win in 2023 was a 12 goal victory over DIII Wabash College ... which also lost to Kenyon by 22 goals and fell to Denison by 27. Twenty seven.

Nine players from the 2023 Brunswick roster are currently freshmen at top-25 DI programs. Seven of their 2024 players are committed to top-25 DI schools.
Brunswick or St. Anthony’s would absolutely kill Hampton… Those programs are littered with kids who start at top D1 Programs right away. I have streamed a few Hampton games and I love what they are doing down there, but in terms of skill/talent/depth, I wouldn’t even classify them as a D1 program if we’re being honest.

My only time seeing them play in person was against CNU in a scrimmage and CNU was up 14-1 at the end of the first quarter. Pretty sure the captains had backups in after that and still won by 25+..
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

justanotherperson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:23 am Im going to go out on a limb and say the gap between low D1 and high D3 is much more slim than high D3 and low d3. I think any of the NESCAC top players would do very well on those Low D1 teams listed above. They chose not to go there likely for academic reasons. IF the high D3 teams + Salisbury/CNU and some of the LIberty teams were to play the low D1 teams straight up, I think it would be 50/50 and I dont think they would get "crushed" or "destroyed" as was previously pointed out
Couldn't agree more on both points. It's proven itself out in fall clashes and transfers over the years too. Most well respected HS programs in my area, public and private, would smash the bottom 1/4 of D3 sides I've seen. Maybe even the bottom 1/3. 20 years ago, if you could have played D1, you would have played D1. That line is much more grey now.

At Cabrini, going back to the 2004 season, and this is the program I was a part of, so I constantly use it as an example, we had Stevie Hill transfer in from Drexel. He was a great player, but he wasn't absurdly better than everyone on our roster. He was good enough to start. But he didn't set the world on fire or anything. Casey Grugan, from the same HS as Hill, was committed to Hofstra, then for his own reasons, ended up attending Cabrini, and did set the world on fire. There are 2 dozen stories like that within one top20 D3 side. Corey Elmer (RMU), Timmy Brooks (Richmond) on and on we go. Hell, we just had a kid, Sam DiTrillio move from Cabrini to Drexel at the dot, due to the impending closure. It's common place now.

The NESCAC rosters are littered with great players that did get looks from D1 programs and made a decision that suited them. I think the gap in high level talent is rather small across divisions. However, like you said, the basement is like 15 stories underground.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 am

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

Come on really, 2 players? As I said, there’s always exceptions. But 2 guys out of the 500 kids per year that play NESCAC ball isn’t a great example. And, these 2 probably should/could have played D1 out of HS. Both huge, D1 skills.
You’re all over the place. First you raise Chlastawa as proof that the gap is so enormous. Then you back off, and ignore other examples (both solid but not extraordinary in their time in the NESCAC). There aren’t other examples, 500 kids aren’t transferring each year (why would they?). Another is Ronan Jacoby, Wesleyan>Rutgers, 48 pts in 2022, D1 All-American, All Big-Ten.

Better yet, find me the NESCAC kids who transferred and did poorly, or is the best you can do Chlastawa’s season?
justanotherperson

MVPiccoli wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:45 am
justanotherperson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:23 am Im going to go out on a limb and say the gap between low D1 and high D3 is much more slim than high D3 and low d3. I think any of the NESCAC top players would do very well on those Low D1 teams listed above. They chose not to go there likely for academic reasons. IF the high D3 teams + Salisbury/CNU and some of the LIberty teams were to play the low D1 teams straight up, I think it would be 50/50 and I dont think they would get "crushed" or "destroyed" as was previously pointed out
Couldn't agree more on both points. It's proven itself out in fall clashes and transfers over the years too. Most well respected HS programs in my area, public and private, would smash the bottom 1/4 of D3 sides I've seen. Maybe even the bottom 1/3. 20 years ago, if you could have played D1, you would have played D1. That line is much more grey now.

At Cabrini, going back to the 2004 season, and this is the program I was a part of, so I constantly use it as an example, we had Stevie Hill transfer in from Drexel. He was a great player, but he wasn't absurdly better than everyone on our roster. He was good enough to start. But he didn't set the world on fire or anything. Casey Grugan, from the same HS as Hill, was committed to Hofstra, then for his own reasons, ended up attending Cabrini, and did set the world on fire. There are 2 dozen stories like that within one top20 D3 side. Corey Elmer (RMU), Timmy Brooks (Richmond) on and on we go. Hell, we just had a kid, Sam DiTrillio move from Cabrini to Drexel at the dot, due to the impending closure. It's common place now.

The NESCAC rosters are littered with great players that did get looks from D1 programs and made a decision that suited them. I think the gap in high level talent is rather small across divisions. However, like you said, the basement is like 15 stories underground.
Ha! 15 stories underground is being gentle. I think your perspective on history, though, is spot on. This definitely aint your fathers D1 and it is definitely more gray.

But to keep adding fuel to the fire, if you gave a top MCLA (GaTech, BC, Northeastern, Texas, VaTech, Georgia, Florida, Chapman) / NCLL (basically D1 club) teams a year to seriously train, they would more than hold their own against the low D1 teams). They attended those schools over mid-low D1 for the same reasons the NESCAC athletes chose theirs: academics before lax. Their rosters are littered with New England prep and public school players.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

Wykoff from Gettysburg started at cuse that same year. Jacoby from Wesleyan put up almost 50 with Rutgers.
smoova

Post by smoova »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:38 am

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

Wykoff from Gettysburg started at cuse that same year. Jacoby from Wesleyan put up almost 50 with Rutgers.
There's a surprising number of "exceptions" in this discussion, especially considering that there were only a couple of years of COVID eligibility ...
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:38 am .. Jacoby from Wesleyan put up almost 50 with Rutgers.
Jacoby was also just scooped up by the PLL Archers for the Championship Series. A great talent.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

smoova wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:50 am
ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:38 am

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

There's a surprising number of "exceptions" in this discussion, especially considering that there were only a couple of years of COVID eligibility ...
Not really if you go year by year. It’s going to become more prevalent because of the portal. Talented players that don’t want to sit for a D1 will go D3, start immediately for 1-2-3 years, and transfer out. And, if the sport continues to grow, via tv, social media, NIL’s will come into play. At this point in time, those guys are all the exceptions.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

There are more examples of guys who went from D3 to top 30 D1 with their Covid eligibility and had success than guys who went from low D1 to top 30 D1.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:37 am There are more examples of guys who went from D3 to top 30 D1 with their Covid eligibility and had success than guys who went from low D1 to top 30 D1.
Look at the transfer portal then get back to me.
justanotherperson

Im going say the transfer portal from D3 to D1 is just really not a discussion point. I think the numerator is so very small for these high academic D3 schools as I am guessing that majority of them are not thinking about trying to play more lax but rather get their degree from their amazing school and move on with their lives. But if you shrink the denominator to just only include high d3 academic schools (instead of ALL d3 schools), the successful percentage is pretty good. But trying to come up with a ton of lax transfers from these high academic schools is like trying to find how many meat eating vegetarians (they are out there :D ) because its just not common. But for poops and giggles, I am posting the most recent transfer portal 2024 and the 2023 year, and Ill let all of you sort it out because I am not as knowledgeable to see who will be a success next year or who was a success (last year). I counted 6 high D3 transfers to "top d1" lax schools on the below list and 3 the year before:

Transfer Portal 2024
Albany: Joey Pezzimenti (A)-> Le Moyne, Conner Fingar (M), Trey Goins (M)#, Tommy Heller (G), Garrett Maxwell (D), Jack Pucci (A), Keelan Seneca (A)
Bellarmine: Jesse Roth (M) -> NJIT, Kaleb Russell (A) -> Stevenson (D3)
Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M), Matthew DeSouza (FO) -> Virginia, Thomas Greenblatt (M) -> Ohio State, Max Napoli (M), Quinn O'Hara (M), Declan Farris (D)
Boston U: Christian Quadrino (M)# -> Mercy (D2), JP Jackson (A), Anthony Forziati (A) -> UMass Lowell, Donnie Howard (M) -> Rutgers
Brown: Matthew Gunty (FO), Griffin King (M) -> Maryland, Devon McLane (A) -> Notre Dame, Topher Bligh (M)
Bryant: Kevin Berutich (A)#, Andrew Finn (M)# -> Trinity (D3), Grant Nelligan (M)#, Rand Paddack (G)#, Brody Rule (D)
Bucknell: Daniel Striano (SSDM) -> UNC, Hank Bethel (D) -> NJIT, Andrew Stanzel (D) -> Michigan, Tommy Armstrong (A)#, Tanner Germain (M)
Canisius: Colin Kelly (A) -> Rutgers, Kevin Carney (A)-> Albany, Chance Cook (D) -> UMass, Ryan Farron (D) -> St. John's
Colgate: Conner Brook (M), Thomas Colucci (FO), Donny Gayhardt (D), Michael Lia (D), Vin Maxwell (A)#, Ethan Cronk (FO)# -> Monmouth, Bruce Ferguson (M)
Cleveland State: Gannon Matthews (M)# -> Ohio State, Joe DeDonatis (M)#, Collin Willis (G)
Cornell: Chayse Ierlan (G) -> Johns Hopkins
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (D) -> Rutgers
Delaware: Corbin Minard (FO)# -> St. John's, Paul Reidy -> Jacksonville
Denver: Gabe Bowen-Slott (D)
Detroit Mercy: Kaden Dietrich (M)#, Luke Fritz (M)#, Joe Janda (D)#, Noah Martin (LSM)#
Drexel: Sean Donnelly (A) -> Penn State, Grant Isika (FO)#, Ben Scandone (M)#, Liam Rosato (FO)
Duke: Luke Waters (M)
Fairfield: Zack Antoniou (D) -> Ohio State, Jack McKenna (A)# -> Ohio State, Hank D'Ambrogi (M) -> Delaware, Jack Labanca (FO)#
Georgetown: Connor O'Reilly (D)
Hampton: Josh Hughes (M)#
Harvard: Chase Yager (M) -> Virginia
High Point: Maxwell Armitage (M)#, Caison Dillon (A), Alex St. John (D)#
Hobart: Marcus Trujillo (LSM), Michael Amoruso (LSM) -> Sacred Heart, Souleymane Ballo (M), Bobby Baltzer (M), Jack Grooms (M), John Herlihy (A), Kevin Holtby (G) -> Stevens (D3), Mamadou Meite (M)
Hofstra: Connor Hufnagel (A)#
Holy Cross: Jayce Lambert (M) -> Bentley (D2), Cameron Magalotti (M) -> Lenoir-Rhyne (D2), Thomas McIntire (A)
Jacksonville: Ezekiel Lomax (M), Luke Robinson (M), Steven Woolery (M), Immanuel Brown (M) -> Lindenwood, Tucker Macknik (D)#, Gordon Ogden (LSM)# -> UMass, Colin Olson (M)#
Johns Hopkins: Chris Wong (A)#
Lafayette: JP Robinson (D) -> Tampa (D2), James Turco (FO) -> Babson (D3), Ryan Duncan (A), Gunnar Bogorowski -> St. Joe's, Macklin Fitzpatrick (M), Oneniotekowa Maracle (A)#, Peyton McNeill (M)
Lehigh: Caleb Creasor (G) -> Marquette, Christian Mule (A) -> Syracuse, John Sidorski (M) -> Rutgers, Justin Tiernan (A) -> Michigan
Lindenwood: Colin Brunner (A)#, Trevor Lockwood (D) -> UIndy (D2)
LIU: Travis Hayon (D), Sean Kennedy (M), Jonathan Vuono (M)
Loyola: Hugh Brown (M)#
Manhattan: James Addonizio (M)#
Marist: Kellen Pulera (A)
Marquette: Michael Allieri (G) -> Boston U, Cole Emmanuel (FO), Connor Gorman (A)# -> Monmouth, Chris Kirschner (M)
Maryland: Brian Burlace (LSM) -> Notre Dame, Gavin Tygh (FO) -> St. Joe's, Garrett Gibons (M) -> Stony Brook, Chase Cope (M)
Mercer: Thomas Berry (A)-> Le Moyne, Wesley Chairs (D) -> Georgetown, Adin Laughlin (G)#
Merrimack: Drew Fleury (A)#, Zach Koch (G)#, Allyn French (FO)#, Jake McCarthy (FO)# -> Salisbury (D3), Jack Richards (A)# -> Tampa (D2)
Michigan: Jake Bonomi (M) -> Notre Dame, Josh Zawada (A), Mac Fotiades (G) -> Duke
Monmouth: Max Kunnath (G), Matt Karsian (M), Jonny MacLean (M), Matt Soutar (FO) -> Rutgers
Mount St. Mary's: Connor Beals (FO) -> Drexel, Carson Fuchs (A)# -> Tampa (D2), Eddie Gigliotti (A), Steven Schmitt (LSM) -> Syracuse, Bobby Turso (FO)#, TJ Gravante (A)#, Matt Sardo (M) -> LIU
Navy: Anthony Ghobriel (FO)# -> Virginia
North Carolina: Matt Wright (LSM) -> Syracuse, JT Roselle (LSM), Quintin O'Connell (M) -> Northwestern (football)
Notre Dame: Maximus Schalit (D) -> Jacksonville, Jeremy Hopsicker (A)# -> Brown
Ohio State: Daniel Garone (M), Oran Gelinas (G)#-> Johns Hopkins, Richie LaCalandra (A), Stephen Zupicich (D) -> Villanova, Matthew Fritz (FO)# -> Boston U, Drew Blanchard (FO)
Penn State: Gerald Filardi Jr. (M), Tyler Kuprianchik (FO)#
Princeton: Sam English (M) -> Syracuse, Jake Stevens (M) -> Syracuse, Alex Slusher (A) -> Duke, Beau Pederson (SSDM) -> Michigan, Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A/M) -> Michigan, Griffen Rakower (G) -> Duke, Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D) -> Johns Hopkins, Cathal Roberts (LSM) -> Michigan, Luke Moriarty (LSM)
Providence: Justin Bordner (FO), Harrison Sweeney (D)#
Quinnipiac: John Ludenia (D)#, Shaun Padden (M)#, Keegan Palmer (D)#
Richmond: Mitch Pfeiffer (M)
Robert Morris: Carter Ruhm (G)#
Rutgers: Remington Reynolds (LSM)# -> Loyola, Matt Dollive (M)# -> Monmouth, Luke Romanek (FO)#, Logan Mueller (D) -> Trinity (D3)
Sacred Heart: Nick Labanca (G) -> Binghamton, Nick Handy (M), Skyler Wilde (A)
Siena: Maximo Fenn (FO)#, Sam DiChristina (D), Chris Kiely (M), Stephen Rinck (M)
St. Bonaventure: Will McKay (M)#, Brady Wijbrandts (M) -> Bryant, Aidan Smith (FO)#
St. Joe's: Ryan Kemp (A) -> Pace (D2)
St. John's: Matt Cleary (A)#, Zach Kroog (A)#, Kaden Quirk (G)#
Syracuse: Brandon Aviles (SSDM) -> Johns Hopkins, Kyle Gonsiorek (LSM)#
Towson: Brandon Hund (SSDM) -> Rutgers, Jordan Hayes (SSDM) -> St. John's, John Kiracofe (G), Connor McDonough (A)#, Reagan McNemar (D) -> Salisbury (D3), Andrew Milani (A) -> Tampa (D2), Devon Rasmus (M)# -> Tampa (D2), Jonathan Bender (M)
UMass: Kevin Lynch (D)
UMass Lowell: Bradley Brown (M)#, Jake Davis (A)#, Conor Doherty (A)#, Sammy Doherty (LSM)#, Nick Harvath (M)#, JD Henninger (D)#, Ben Quinn (FO)#, Ben Roberts (FO)#, Christian Thornton (A)#, Brian Wiles (A)
UMBC: Dane Armstrong (FO)# -> St. John's, Davis Burleson (A)#, Tony Diallo (D), Mason Edwards (M) -> Rutgers, Ricky Fedorchak (LSM), Talon Campbell (SSDM)
Utah: Cole Brams (FO) -> Rutgers, Drew Wasserman (A)
Vermont: Nicholas Alviti (LSM) -> Maryland, Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State, Jackson Canfield (D) -> Maryland, Stone Jacobs (M), Daniel Manning (D), Timothy Manning (D), Per-Anders Olter (A), Colin Sharkey (M) -> Maryland, LAS is cheeks, James Basile (M), Riley Bennett (LSM), Brooks Catlin (G), Charles Huntley (M)#, Derek Marsilio (M) -> Jacksonville, Caden Padelford (A)#
Virginia: Daniel Parker (SSDM) -> Notre Dame, Mac Eldridge (FO)# -> Penn
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC
Wagner: Eli Fisher (M) -> Ohio State, Danny Brady (G) -> Ohio State, Brendan Higgins (LSM), Tommy Ilvento (FO)
Yale: Lucas Osborne (M)# -> Jacksonville, James Ball (FO)# -> Georgetown

D2/D3/Other

Amherst: Brock Gonzalez -> Duke, Tanyr Krummenacher (A) -> Rutgers
Bentley: Luke Jaber (A) -> Providence
Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Cabrini: Several players
Christopher Newport: Campbell Pozin (SSDM) -> High Point
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Dickinson: Seamus McCloskey (D) -> Jacksonville
Franklin & Marshall: Tommy Garofalo (A) -> Boston U
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D) -> Syracuse, George Raymond (A)
Hamilton: Seamus Fagan (G) -> Rutgers
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lenoir-Rhyne: Toron Eccleston (M) -> St. Joe's, Bryce Reece (M)
Lynchburg: Chris Darminio (LSM) -> Jacksonville
Muhlenberg: James Dalimonte (M) -> Penn State, Max May (G) -> Hofstra, Connor Riebling (SSDM) -> Monmouth
Pace: Anthony Caputo (M) -> Jacksonville
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D) -> Penn State
Transylvania: Dalton Hubbs (M) -> Jacksonville
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A) -> Virginia, Mason Kohn (FO) -> Syracuse
Union: Jack Titus (SSDM) -> Syracuse
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Washington College: Ewan Temple (A) -> Merrimack
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)
West Conn: Trey Aronow (M) -> Jacksonville
Williams: Matthew Freitas (G)
Wingate: Willie Grieco (A)
York: Ben Mayer (A)# -> Ohio State

Transfer Portal 2023
Air Force: Aidan Tolen (A)
Army: Marcus Hudgins (D) -> OSU, Cole Erickson (M) -> Loyola
Bellarmine: Matt Ury (LSM) #
Binghamton: Teddy Dolan (G) #-> Maryland, Kevin Winkoff (A) # ->Penn State
Boston U.: Christian Brofft (M), DJ Batton (A) -> Mercer, Reilly Sullivan (M) ->Fairfield, Jonathan Spiropoulos (D) -> Hofstra
Brown: George Pike (M) #, Cameron Fiore (G) #, Andy Demopoulos (G), Brian Antonelli (A)#, Andrew Geppert (D) # -> UNC
Bryant: Logan McGovern (A) # -> UNC, Bennett Abladian (A) -> Cornell, LaJhon Jones (D) -> Rutgers, Jon Miller(M) -> Rutgers, Pierce Gregory (A) -> Providence, Luke Caracciolo (G) # -> Johns Hopkins
Bucknell: Alston Tarry (A) #, Jack Van Slyke (G) #, Harry Wellford (M) # -> UNC
Canisius: Johnny Richiusa (FO) ->Syracuse, Ryan Sharkey (D) # -> UMass
Colgate: Thor Adamec (LSM) #, Will Sidari (D) #, Ryan Decker (M) #-> Rutgers, Brian Minicus (A) # -> Georgetown
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (LSM) #, Danny Hincks (G) #->Georgetown
Delaware: Peter Ripperger (G) #
Denver: Tim Sheehan (M), Ethan Kriss (FO) -> Tufts (D3), Alex Simmons (A/M) # -> Syracuse
Drexel: Brennan Greenwald (LSM) #, Brent McVicker (SSDM) -> Penn State
Fairfield: Kyle Borda (M) # -> OSU, James Corasaniti (G) # -> Providence, Tyler Wuchte (M) #, Trevor Ford (M) #, Patrick Drake (M) #, Brendan Dreyer (M) #, David Dorsett (M) #, Brian Reda (A) #, Aidan McLane (A) -> Brown
Georgetown: Dylan Watson (A) # -> Jacksonville, Alex Mazzone (LSM) # -> Johns Hopkins, Peter Thompson (M) # -> Michigan
Harvard: Austin Madronic (A) #, Jackson Hartje (LSM) # -> Lindenwood, Oliver Hollo (LSM/D) #, Kyle Mullin (G) # ->Rutgers
High Point: Devon Buckshot (A), Tyler Hendrycks (A)
Hobart: Derrek Madonna (M) # -> Richmond, Ryan Dickson (FO) #
Hofstra: Jacob Addeche (G) #, Dylan McDermott (D) -> Stony Brook
Holy Cross: Peter Dobbs (G) #, Chris Conlin (D) #-> Notre Dame, AJ Fox (G) #
Jacksonville: Trevor Natalie (A) -> Hofstra
Lehigh: Tommy Schelling (A) # -> Duke, Cole Kirst (A) # -> Syracuse
LIU: Richie LaCalandra (A) -> OSU, Will Mark (G) -> Syracuse, Jake Murphy (SSDM) -> Syracuse, Justin Joseph (FO) -> Drexel, Chris Campbell (D) -> UMass, Blake Behlen (A) -> Stony Brook
Loyola: Riley Seay (M) # -> Jacksonville, Patrick Yowan (G) -> Providence, Joey Annetta (D) -> Mercer
Marist: JT Roselle (LSM) -> UNC
Marquette: Hudson Thomson (A), Russell Melendez (A) -> Johns Hopkins
Maryland: Jack Schirtzer (D)-> St. John’s, Michael Ubriaco (LSM) #, Justin Sherrer (LSM) -> OSU
Mercer: Sean Goldsmith (A) # -> UNC, Matthew Winegardner (A) -> Marquette
Michigan: Ronald Fisher (M), John Kiracofe (G)# -> Towson, Gavin Legg (LSM) #
Mount St. Mary’s: Jake Kreiger (M) #, Jared McMahon (A) #, Connor McMahon(M) #-> Bryant, Noah Daniels (M) # -> Rutgers
NJIT: Gage Adams (A) -> Binghamton, Tyler Nolan (D) -> Kean (DIII)
North Carolina: Jacob Kelly (A)# ->Georgetown, Nicky Solomon (A)# -> Georgetown, Chase Mullins (FO) ->Penn State, Cole Herbert (M)
Notre Dame: Davis Allen (M) # ->Fairfield, Griffin Hawthorne (D) #
Penn: Jamie Zusi (FO) # -> Duke
Penn State: Brody Firestein (M) -> BU, Lake Baker (FO) -> Rollins (D2), Canyon Birch (A) -> Tampa (DII), Brenden Kelly (A) -> BU
Providence: Richie Hughson (FO)-> Penn State, Gibson Linnehan (LSM) -> Brown
Quinnipiac: Owen Boss (A), Will Abbott (M) # -> UMass
Richmond: Griffin Kology (D) -> Virginia
Robert Morris: James Christoforatos (D) #
Rutgers: Cole Daninger (SSDM) # -> Jacksonville, Jonathan Taub (D) #
Sacred Heart: Donovan Lacey (M) # -> Maryland
St Bonaventure - Jackson Rose (A) # -> Marquette, Trent Grainger (FO) -> Richmond
Saint Joseph’s: Jake Engelke (A)
Siena: Sean Swenson (D) -> Roanoke (D3)
St. John's: Jonathan Huber (A) #-> Stony Brook, Matt Duncan (M) # -> Lindenwood: Peter Traina (A) -> Western Connecticut State (D3), Anthony Palma (G) # -> Rutgers
Syracuse: Tucker Dordevic (M) #-> Georgetown, Mikey Berkman (A) # Rollins (D2), Jack Savage (FO) -> Chapman (MCLA), Shahe Katchadurian (G) -> Rollins (D2), Jack Kennedy (D) -> Lynn (D2), Matteo Corsi (A/M) -> Brown, Bobby Gavin (G)
Towson: Mo Sillah (LSM) #, Drew Martin (M) #, Pat Anderson (M) -> Bellarmine
Utah: Bryce Cheek (G) # , Harrison Oehler (D) # -> St. Joe's
UMass Lowell: Conor Foley (A) -> UMass
UMBC: Nick Dupuis (A) -> Stony Brook, Brandon Galloway (M) # -> Jacksonville
Vermont: Thomas McConvey (M) # -> Virginia, Salvatore Iaria (M)
Virginia: Corbin Switzer (D), Jack Simmons (M) # -> Notre Dame, Connell Kumar (M)-> Penn
Wagner: Stephen Dwyer (A) # -> St. Joe's, Aidan Clark (M) # -> St. Joe's
Yale: Joe Neuman (FO) # -> Rutgers, Chris Fake (D) # -> Notre Dame, Brian Tevlin (M) # -> Notre Dame, Luke Eschbach (M) #

Division 2/3
Amherst (D3): PJ Clementi (A) #
Bowdoin (D3): Donal Mullane (A)# -> Maryland
Brockport (D3): Rocco Santillo (M)# -> Siena
Catholic (D3): Kevin Crowley (A) #
Christopher Newport (D3): Brady Altobello (M) #
Gettysburg (D3): Griffin Gallagher (M) # -> UNC, Tate Kienzle (DM) # -> Drexel, Scott Macmillan (G) -> St. Joe's
Grove City (D3): Grant Evans (FO) # -> Marquette
Hampden-Sydney (D3): Sean Duffy (M) # -> St Johns
Kenyon (D3): Joe Bolea (ssdm) # -> Syracuse, Declan Curry (M)# -> Sacred Heart, Mayo Amorello (G) #
Lynchburg: Kyle Lewis (A) # -> OSU
Muhlenberg (D3): James Dalimonte -> Penn State
Nichols: Scott Ehrenberg (FO) # -> Merrimack
Randolph-Macon: Brandon Smith (M) -> Richmond
Salisbury (D3): Jarrett Bromwell (M) #
Seton Hill (D2): OJ Morris (FO) Delaware
Springfield (D3): Zac Schuette (A) # -> Siena
St. Lawrence (D3): William Helm (G) # -> Duke, Chris Jordan (A) # -> Penn State
Tufts: Mac Bredahl (A) #
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SouthieLax wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:59 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 am

Max Walbaum:
Tufts- 34 games, 129 pts

Mike McCormack:

You’re all over the place. First you raise Chlastawa as proof that the gap is so enormous. Then you back off, and ignore other examples (both solid but not extraordinary in their time in the NESCAC). There aren’t other examples, 500 kids aren’t transferring each year (why would they?). Another is Ronan Jacoby, Wesleyan>Rutgers, 48 pts in 2022, D1 All-American, All Big-Ten.

Better yet, find me the NESCAC kids who transferred and did poorly, or is the best you can do Chlastawa’s season?
All over the place? I've been consistent throughout this thread. This isn't about one player, it's about the illusion that NESCACians have about the league. Are the players good, absolutely, but there's reasons they're playing D3, not as big, fast, strong, skilled as most D1 players. Some like the relaxed day to day schedules. Are there exceptions, yup, and many have been listed. But they're all exceptions. For F*#K sake man, you're talking about less then 1% of the players in the league having success at the D1 level.

I have know idea how many failed with the transition, probably not many, because it make only sense that the D1 team knows what they're getting. They're not offering a spot to questionable player or a backup.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

justanotherperson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:41 pm Im going say the transfer portal from D3 to D1 is just really not a discussion point. I think the numerator is so very small for these high academic D3 schools as I am guessing that majority of them are not thinking about trying to play more lax but rather get their degree from their amazing school and move on with their lives. But if you shrink the denominator to just only include high d3 academic schools (instead of ALL d3 schools), the successful percentage is pretty good. But trying to come up with a ton of lax transfers from these high academic schools is like trying to find how many meat eating vegetarians (they are out there :D ) because its just not common. But for poops and giggles, I am posting the most recent transfer portal 2024 and the 2023 year, and Ill let all of you sort it out because I am not as knowledgeable to see who will be a success next year or who was a success (last year). I counted 6 high D3 transfers to "top d1" lax schools on the below list and 3 the year before:

Transfer Portal 2024
Albany: Joey Pezzimenti (A)-> Le Moyne, Conner Fingar (M), Trey Goins (M)#, Tommy Heller (G), Garrett Maxwell (D), Jack Pucci (A), Keelan Seneca (A)
Bellarmine: Jesse Roth (M) -> NJIT, Kaleb Russell (A) -> Stevenson (D3)
Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M), Matthew DeSouza (FO) -> Virginia, Thomas Greenblatt (M) -> Ohio State, Max Napoli (M), Quinn O'Hara (M), Declan Farris (D)
Boston U: Christian Quadrino (M)# -> Mercy (D2), JP Jackson (A), Anthony Forziati (A) -> UMass Lowell, Donnie Howard (M) -> Rutgers
Brown: Matthew Gunty (FO), Griffin King (M) -> Maryland, Devon McLane (A) -> Notre Dame, Topher Bligh (M)
Bryant: Kevin Berutich (A)#, Andrew Finn (M)# -> Trinity (D3), Grant Nelligan (M)#, Rand Paddack (G)#, Brody Rule (D)
Bucknell: Daniel Striano (SSDM) -> UNC, Hank Bethel (D) -> NJIT, Andrew Stanzel (D) -> Michigan, Tommy Armstrong (A)#, Tanner Germain (M)
Canisius: Colin Kelly (A) -> Rutgers, Kevin Carney (A)-> Albany, Chance Cook (D) -> UMass, Ryan Farron (D) -> St. John's
Colgate: Conner Brook (M), Thomas Colucci (FO), Donny Gayhardt (D), Michael Lia (D), Vin Maxwell (A)#, Ethan Cronk (FO)# -> Monmouth, Bruce Ferguson (M)
Cleveland State: Gannon Matthews (M)# -> Ohio State, Joe DeDonatis (M)#, Collin Willis (G)
Cornell: Chayse Ierlan (G) -> Johns Hopkins
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (D) -> Rutgers
Delaware: Corbin Minard (FO)# -> St. John's, Paul Reidy -> Jacksonville
Denver: Gabe Bowen-Slott (D)
Detroit Mercy: Kaden Dietrich (M)#, Luke Fritz (M)#, Joe Janda (D)#, Noah Martin (LSM)#
Drexel: Sean Donnelly (A) -> Penn State, Grant Isika (FO)#, Ben Scandone (M)#, Liam Rosato (FO)
Duke: Luke Waters (M)
Fairfield: Zack Antoniou (D) -> Ohio State, Jack McKenna (A)# -> Ohio State, Hank D'Ambrogi (M) -> Delaware, Jack Labanca (FO)#
Georgetown: Connor O'Reilly (D)
Hampton: Josh Hughes (M)#
Harvard: Chase Yager (M) -> Virginia
High Point: Maxwell Armitage (M)#, Caison Dillon (A), Alex St. John (D)#
Hobart: Marcus Trujillo (LSM), Michael Amoruso (LSM) -> Sacred Heart, Souleymane Ballo (M), Bobby Baltzer (M), Jack Grooms (M), John Herlihy (A), Kevin Holtby (G) -> Stevens (D3), Mamadou Meite (M)
Hofstra: Connor Hufnagel (A)#
Holy Cross: Jayce Lambert (M) -> Bentley (D2), Cameron Magalotti (M) -> Lenoir-Rhyne (D2), Thomas McIntire (A)
Jacksonville: Ezekiel Lomax (M), Luke Robinson (M), Steven Woolery (M), Immanuel Brown (M) -> Lindenwood, Tucker Macknik (D)#, Gordon Ogden (LSM)# -> UMass, Colin Olson (M)#
Johns Hopkins: Chris Wong (A)#
Lafayette: JP Robinson (D) -> Tampa (D2), James Turco (FO) -> Babson (D3), Ryan Duncan (A), Gunnar Bogorowski -> St. Joe's, Macklin Fitzpatrick (M), Oneniotekowa Maracle (A)#, Peyton McNeill (M)
Lehigh: Caleb Creasor (G) -> Marquette, Christian Mule (A) -> Syracuse, John Sidorski (M) -> Rutgers, Justin Tiernan (A) -> Michigan
Lindenwood: Colin Brunner (A)#, Trevor Lockwood (D) -> UIndy (D2)
LIU: Travis Hayon (D), Sean Kennedy (M), Jonathan Vuono (M)
Loyola: Hugh Brown (M)#
Manhattan: James Addonizio (M)#
Marist: Kellen Pulera (A)
Marquette: Michael Allieri (G) -> Boston U, Cole Emmanuel (FO), Connor Gorman (A)# -> Monmouth, Chris Kirschner (M)
Maryland: Brian Burlace (LSM) -> Notre Dame, Gavin Tygh (FO) -> St. Joe's, Garrett Gibons (M) -> Stony Brook, Chase Cope (M)
Mercer: Thomas Berry (A)-> Le Moyne, Wesley Chairs (D) -> Georgetown, Adin Laughlin (G)#
Merrimack: Drew Fleury (A)#, Zach Koch (G)#, Allyn French (FO)#, Jake McCarthy (FO)# -> Salisbury (D3), Jack Richards (A)# -> Tampa (D2)
Michigan: Jake Bonomi (M) -> Notre Dame, Josh Zawada (A), Mac Fotiades (G) -> Duke
Monmouth: Max Kunnath (G), Matt Karsian (M), Jonny MacLean (M), Matt Soutar (FO) -> Rutgers
Mount St. Mary's: Connor Beals (FO) -> Drexel, Carson Fuchs (A)# -> Tampa (D2), Eddie Gigliotti (A), Steven Schmitt (LSM) -> Syracuse, Bobby Turso (FO)#, TJ Gravante (A)#, Matt Sardo (M) -> LIU
Navy: Anthony Ghobriel (FO)# -> Virginia
North Carolina: Matt Wright (LSM) -> Syracuse, JT Roselle (LSM), Quintin O'Connell (M) -> Northwestern (football)
Notre Dame: Maximus Schalit (D) -> Jacksonville, Jeremy Hopsicker (A)# -> Brown
Ohio State: Daniel Garone (M), Oran Gelinas (G)#-> Johns Hopkins, Richie LaCalandra (A), Stephen Zupicich (D) -> Villanova, Matthew Fritz (FO)# -> Boston U, Drew Blanchard (FO)
Penn State: Gerald Filardi Jr. (M), Tyler Kuprianchik (FO)#
Princeton: Sam English (M) -> Syracuse, Jake Stevens (M) -> Syracuse, Alex Slusher (A) -> Duke, Beau Pederson (SSDM) -> Michigan, Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A/M) -> Michigan, Griffen Rakower (G) -> Duke, Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D) -> Johns Hopkins, Cathal Roberts (LSM) -> Michigan, Luke Moriarty (LSM)
Providence: Justin Bordner (FO), Harrison Sweeney (D)#
Quinnipiac: John Ludenia (D)#, Shaun Padden (M)#, Keegan Palmer (D)#
Richmond: Mitch Pfeiffer (M)
Robert Morris: Carter Ruhm (G)#
Rutgers: Remington Reynolds (LSM)# -> Loyola, Matt Dollive (M)# -> Monmouth, Luke Romanek (FO)#, Logan Mueller (D) -> Trinity (D3)
Sacred Heart: Nick Labanca (G) -> Binghamton, Nick Handy (M), Skyler Wilde (A)
Siena: Maximo Fenn (FO)#, Sam DiChristina (D), Chris Kiely (M), Stephen Rinck (M)
St. Bonaventure: Will McKay (M)#, Brady Wijbrandts (M) -> Bryant, Aidan Smith (FO)#
St. Joe's: Ryan Kemp (A) -> Pace (D2)
St. John's: Matt Cleary (A)#, Zach Kroog (A)#, Kaden Quirk (G)#
Syracuse: Brandon Aviles (SSDM) -> Johns Hopkins, Kyle Gonsiorek (LSM)#
Towson: Brandon Hund (SSDM) -> Rutgers, Jordan Hayes (SSDM) -> St. John's, John Kiracofe (G), Connor McDonough (A)#, Reagan McNemar (D) -> Salisbury (D3), Andrew Milani (A) -> Tampa (D2), Devon Rasmus (M)# -> Tampa (D2), Jonathan Bender (M)
UMass: Kevin Lynch (D)
UMass Lowell: Bradley Brown (M)#, Jake Davis (A)#, Conor Doherty (A)#, Sammy Doherty (LSM)#, Nick Harvath (M)#, JD Henninger (D)#, Ben Quinn (FO)#, Ben Roberts (FO)#, Christian Thornton (A)#, Brian Wiles (A)
UMBC: Dane Armstrong (FO)# -> St. John's, Davis Burleson (A)#, Tony Diallo (D), Mason Edwards (M) -> Rutgers, Ricky Fedorchak (LSM), Talon Campbell (SSDM)
Utah: Cole Brams (FO) -> Rutgers, Drew Wasserman (A)
Vermont: Nicholas Alviti (LSM) -> Maryland, Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State, Jackson Canfield (D) -> Maryland, Stone Jacobs (M), Daniel Manning (D), Timothy Manning (D), Per-Anders Olter (A), Colin Sharkey (M) -> Maryland, LAS is cheeks, James Basile (M), Riley Bennett (LSM), Brooks Catlin (G), Charles Huntley (M)#, Derek Marsilio (M) -> Jacksonville, Caden Padelford (A)#
Virginia: Daniel Parker (SSDM) -> Notre Dame, Mac Eldridge (FO)# -> Penn
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC
Wagner: Eli Fisher (M) -> Ohio State, Danny Brady (G) -> Ohio State, Brendan Higgins (LSM), Tommy Ilvento (FO)
Yale: Lucas Osborne (M)# -> Jacksonville, James Ball (FO)# -> Georgetown

D2/D3/Other

Amherst: Brock Gonzalez -> Duke, Tanyr Krummenacher (A) -> Rutgers
Bentley: Luke Jaber (A) -> Providence
Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Cabrini: Several players
Christopher Newport: Campbell Pozin (SSDM) -> High Point
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Dickinson: Seamus McCloskey (D) -> Jacksonville
Franklin & Marshall: Tommy Garofalo (A) -> Boston U
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D) -> Syracuse, George Raymond (A)
Hamilton: Seamus Fagan (G) -> Rutgers
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lenoir-Rhyne: Toron Eccleston (M) -> St. Joe's, Bryce Reece (M)
Lynchburg: Chris Darminio (LSM) -> Jacksonville
Muhlenberg: James Dalimonte (M) -> Penn State, Max May (G) -> Hofstra, Connor Riebling (SSDM) -> Monmouth
Pace: Anthony Caputo (M) -> Jacksonville
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D) -> Penn State
Transylvania: Dalton Hubbs (M) -> Jacksonville
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A) -> Virginia, Mason Kohn (FO) -> Syracuse
Union: Jack Titus (SSDM) -> Syracuse
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Washington College: Ewan Temple (A) -> Merrimack
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)
West Conn: Trey Aronow (M) -> Jacksonville
Williams: Matthew Freitas (G)
Wingate: Willie Grieco (A)
York: Ben Mayer (A)# -> Ohio State

Transfer Portal 2023
Air Force: Aidan Tolen (A)
Army: Marcus Hudgins (D) -> OSU, Cole Erickson (M) -> Loyola
Bellarmine: Matt Ury (LSM) #
Binghamton: Teddy Dolan (G) #-> Maryland, Kevin Winkoff (A) # ->Penn State
Boston U.: Christian Brofft (M), DJ Batton (A) -> Mercer, Reilly Sullivan (M) ->Fairfield, Jonathan Spiropoulos (D) -> Hofstra
Brown: George Pike (M) #, Cameron Fiore (G) #, Andy Demopoulos (G), Brian Antonelli (A)#, Andrew Geppert (D) # -> UNC
Bryant: Logan McGovern (A) # -> UNC, Bennett Abladian (A) -> Cornell, LaJhon Jones (D) -> Rutgers, Jon Miller(M) -> Rutgers, Pierce Gregory (A) -> Providence, Luke Caracciolo (G) # -> Johns Hopkins
Bucknell: Alston Tarry (A) #, Jack Van Slyke (G) #, Harry Wellford (M) # -> UNC
Canisius: Johnny Richiusa (FO) ->Syracuse, Ryan Sharkey (D) # -> UMass
Colgate: Thor Adamec (LSM) #, Will Sidari (D) #, Ryan Decker (M) #-> Rutgers, Brian Minicus (A) # -> Georgetown
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (LSM) #, Danny Hincks (G) #->Georgetown
Delaware: Peter Ripperger (G) #
Denver: Tim Sheehan (M), Ethan Kriss (FO) -> Tufts (D3), Alex Simmons (A/M) # -> Syracuse
Drexel: Brennan Greenwald (LSM) #, Brent McVicker (SSDM) -> Penn State
Fairfield: Kyle Borda (M) # -> OSU, James Corasaniti (G) # -> Providence, Tyler Wuchte (M) #, Trevor Ford (M) #, Patrick Drake (M) #, Brendan Dreyer (M) #, David Dorsett (M) #, Brian Reda (A) #, Aidan McLane (A) -> Brown
Georgetown: Dylan Watson (A) # -> Jacksonville, Alex Mazzone (LSM) # -> Johns Hopkins, Peter Thompson (M) # -> Michigan
Harvard: Austin Madronic (A) #, Jackson Hartje (LSM) # -> Lindenwood, Oliver Hollo (LSM/D) #, Kyle Mullin (G) # ->Rutgers
High Point: Devon Buckshot (A), Tyler Hendrycks (A)
Hobart: Derrek Madonna (M) # -> Richmond, Ryan Dickson (FO) #
Hofstra: Jacob Addeche (G) #, Dylan McDermott (D) -> Stony Brook
Holy Cross: Peter Dobbs (G) #, Chris Conlin (D) #-> Notre Dame, AJ Fox (G) #
Jacksonville: Trevor Natalie (A) -> Hofstra
Lehigh: Tommy Schelling (A) # -> Duke, Cole Kirst (A) # -> Syracuse
LIU: Richie LaCalandra (A) -> OSU, Will Mark (G) -> Syracuse, Jake Murphy (SSDM) -> Syracuse, Justin Joseph (FO) -> Drexel, Chris Campbell (D) -> UMass, Blake Behlen (A) -> Stony Brook
Loyola: Riley Seay (M) # -> Jacksonville, Patrick Yowan (G) -> Providence, Joey Annetta (D) -> Mercer
Marist: JT Roselle (LSM) -> UNC
Marquette: Hudson Thomson (A), Russell Melendez (A) -> Johns Hopkins
Maryland: Jack Schirtzer (D)-> St. John’s, Michael Ubriaco (LSM) #, Justin Sherrer (LSM) -> OSU
Mercer: Sean Goldsmith (A) # -> UNC, Matthew Winegardner (A) -> Marquette
Michigan: Ronald Fisher (M), John Kiracofe (G)# -> Towson, Gavin Legg (LSM) #
Mount St. Mary’s: Jake Kreiger (M) #, Jared McMahon (A) #, Connor McMahon(M) #-> Bryant, Noah Daniels (M) # -> Rutgers
NJIT: Gage Adams (A) -> Binghamton, Tyler Nolan (D) -> Kean (DIII)
North Carolina: Jacob Kelly (A)# ->Georgetown, Nicky Solomon (A)# -> Georgetown, Chase Mullins (FO) ->Penn State, Cole Herbert (M)
Notre Dame: Davis Allen (M) # ->Fairfield, Griffin Hawthorne (D) #
Penn: Jamie Zusi (FO) # -> Duke
Penn State: Brody Firestein (M) -> BU, Lake Baker (FO) -> Rollins (D2), Canyon Birch (A) -> Tampa (DII), Brenden Kelly (A) -> BU
Providence: Richie Hughson (FO)-> Penn State, Gibson Linnehan (LSM) -> Brown
Quinnipiac: Owen Boss (A), Will Abbott (M) # -> UMass
Richmond: Griffin Kology (D) -> Virginia
Robert Morris: James Christoforatos (D) #
Rutgers: Cole Daninger (SSDM) # -> Jacksonville, Jonathan Taub (D) #
Sacred Heart: Donovan Lacey (M) # -> Maryland
St Bonaventure - Jackson Rose (A) # -> Marquette, Trent Grainger (FO) -> Richmond
Saint Joseph’s: Jake Engelke (A)
Siena: Sean Swenson (D) -> Roanoke (D3)
St. John's: Jonathan Huber (A) #-> Stony Brook, Matt Duncan (M) # -> Lindenwood: Peter Traina (A) -> Western Connecticut State (D3), Anthony Palma (G) # -> Rutgers
Syracuse: Tucker Dordevic (M) #-> Georgetown, Mikey Berkman (A) # Rollins (D2), Jack Savage (FO) -> Chapman (MCLA), Shahe Katchadurian (G) -> Rollins (D2), Jack Kennedy (D) -> Lynn (D2), Matteo Corsi (A/M) -> Brown, Bobby Gavin (G)
Towson: Mo Sillah (LSM) #, Drew Martin (M) #, Pat Anderson (M) -> Bellarmine
Utah: Bryce Cheek (G) # , Harrison Oehler (D) # -> St. Joe's
UMass Lowell: Conor Foley (A) -> UMass
UMBC: Nick Dupuis (A) -> Stony Brook, Brandon Galloway (M) # -> Jacksonville
Vermont: Thomas McConvey (M) # -> Virginia, Salvatore Iaria (M)
Virginia: Corbin Switzer (D), Jack Simmons (M) # -> Notre Dame, Connell Kumar (M)-> Penn
Wagner: Stephen Dwyer (A) # -> St. Joe's, Aidan Clark (M) # -> St. Joe's
Yale: Joe Neuman (FO) # -> Rutgers, Chris Fake (D) # -> Notre Dame, Brian Tevlin (M) # -> Notre Dame, Luke Eschbach (M) #

Division 2/3
Amherst (D3): PJ Clementi (A) #
Bowdoin (D3): Donal Mullane (A)# -> Maryland
Brockport (D3): Rocco Santillo (M)# -> Siena
Catholic (D3): Kevin Crowley (A) #
Christopher Newport (D3): Brady Altobello (M) #
Gettysburg (D3): Griffin Gallagher (M) # -> UNC, Tate Kienzle (DM) # -> Drexel, Scott Macmillan (G) -> St. Joe's
Grove City (D3): Grant Evans (FO) # -> Marquette
Hampden-Sydney (D3): Sean Duffy (M) # -> St Johns
Kenyon (D3): Joe Bolea (ssdm) # -> Syracuse, Declan Curry (M)# -> Sacred Heart, Mayo Amorello (G) #
Lynchburg: Kyle Lewis (A) # -> OSU
Muhlenberg (D3): James Dalimonte -> Penn State
Nichols: Scott Ehrenberg (FO) # -> Merrimack
Randolph-Macon: Brandon Smith (M) -> Richmond
Salisbury (D3): Jarrett Bromwell (M) #
Seton Hill (D2): OJ Morris (FO) Delaware
Springfield (D3): Zac Schuette (A) # -> Siena
St. Lawrence (D3): William Helm (G) # -> Duke, Chris Jordan (A) # -> Penn State
Tufts: Mac Bredahl (A) #
ThaNick Alviti, LSM (Vermont to Maryland)

Second-year Maryland assistant Jake Bernhardt ran the offense when he coached at Vermont, but the Terps are loading up on defensive talent from the Catamounts. Alviti and defenseman Jackson Canfield, both first team All-America East selections the last two seasons, will be joined by SSDM Colin Sharkey. In 2022, Alviti set a Vermont record with 32 caused turnovers and led the nation in goals by an LSM with eight. He had a school-record 75 caused turnovers in his career.

Cole Brams, FO (Utah to Rutgers) and Matt Soutar, FO (Monmouth to Rutgers)

The Scarlet Knights have two faceoff transfers coming in that ranked in the top 20 nationally last season. Brams was an absolute workhorse at Utah, taking over 1,200 draws in his career. He won 57.7 percent last year — setting career highs with 261 wins and 452 total faceoffs. Brams was the Atlantic Sun Championship MVP after winning 21 of 23 against Air Force in the title game. Soutar, the first team All-CAA faceoff specialist last year, won 58.1 percent of his 857 career draws, including a 68.5-percent mark his sophomore year when he ranked fourth in the country and set a Monmouth single-season record.

Tommy Burke, FO (Vermont to Ohio State)

The Buckeyes have a host of transfers coming in, and Burke could be among the most important. Burke, a three-time first-team All-America East selection at Vermont, finished third in the country with a 64.8 winning percentage. That was an area of concern for Ohio State last year with the team winning just 45.5 percent of its draws.

Chayse Ierlan, G (Cornell to Johns Hopkins)

After helping Johns Hopkins reach the NCAA quarterfinals, starting goalie Tim Marcille opted not to use his final year of eligibility. That opens the door for the experienced Chayse Ierlan to use his final year at Homewood. Ierlan made 50 career starts at Cornell, helping the Big Red reach the NCAA title game in 2022, and was an honorable mention All-American last year. He’s made 590 saves in his career.

Devon McLane, A (Brown to Notre Dame)

McLane was a nightmare for Ivy League defensive coordinators the last two seasons and will now try to frustrate ACC coaches. After the 2020 and 2021 seasons were limited in the Ivy League due to COVID-19, McLane was an honorable mention All-American in 2022, going off for 71 points (47 goals, 24 assists). He followed that by leading Brown in scoring last year with 51 points (28 goals, 23 assists) despite missing four games.

Beau Pederson, SSDM (Princeton to Michigan)

The Wolverines are rebuilding their defense with a pair of Princeton defenders: Pederson and LSM Cathal Roberts. Pederson was a second-team All-America selection last season and plays with a passion that coaches love. A three-sport athlete at Park City (Utah) High School, this will be a family homecoming for Pederson. His dad, Chip, was a tight end for Michigan’s football team.

Alex Slusher, A (Princeton to Duke)

The U.S. U20 gold medalist in 2022 seems like a perfect fit for Duke’s offense — perhaps stepping into the role that Lehigh grad transfer Tommy Schelling filled a year ago. Slusher led Princeton with 46 goals in 2022 before cooling off in an 11-goal, eight-assist season last year. With his talent and defenses forced to focus on Duke’s big guns, Slusher could easily produce big numbers.

Jake Stevens, M (Princeton to Syracuse)

Stevens had 24 goals last season for the Tigers, earning honorable mention All-America honors from USA Lacrosse Magazine, but there’s more to his game than scoring. After playing short stick defensive midfielder as a freshman, Stevens has shown a knack for the ball. Had had 179 ground balls in his career, twice topping 60 in a season. He’ll find a way onto the field to contribute for the Orange along with former Princeton teammate Sam English.

Matt Wright, LSM (North Carolina to Syracuse)

Syracuse lost its defensive coordinator, Dave Pietramala, to North Carolina, but the Orange are picking up some defensive talent on the field from the Tar Heels. Wright has 57 games of experience under his belt. He had his best year in 2022 when he had 54 ground balls and 24 caused turnovers. He can create havoc for a defense looking to improve from last year’s 12.1 goals allowed per game.

Josh Zawada, A (Michigan to Duke)

Let’s be real, the Blue Devils are loaded on offense, so what more do they really need? They may not need it, but they’ll certainly find plenty of ways to use Zawada. He was an honorable mention All-American last year and finished as Michigan’s all-time leader in goals (119) and points (213). Zawada, combined with Slusher, and Duke’s top three returning scorers from a year ago — Brennan O’Neill, Dyson Williams and Andrew McAdorey — is going to create match-up problems galore.nks...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”