Post by pcowlax »

slippinjimmy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:10 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:27 pm
BanksAndTheBeanStalk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:52 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:48 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:42 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:37 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:21 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:13 pm Delusional take. How is lacrosse any different from any other top college sports?
If you have to ask this question then you know very little about the sport and its history.
Wow...enlighten me on the the difference.
We've all tried and it's proven impossible. If this a troll job I respect the commitment.

If you want an impartial view though go luck at the 2024 recruiting classes of NJIT vs. the top 4-5 NESCAC teams. Who has more 3-star recruits? I don't believe that IL is the end-all-be-all, but they certainly don't have a New England bias.
Jude Brown had "0" stars, are you really going to quote me BS IL subjective ratings? You know you can buy them right?

Explain the differences between lacrosse and the other major college sports...I'll wait.
Laxdad you also seem to be oblivious to the fact that there’s a pretty established tradition of NESCAC and other high level D3 teams scrimmaging D1 teams (Tufts v Dartmouth, Salisbury v Drexel, Lynchburg v Jacksonville). These games are quite regularly either extremely competitive or straight up wins for the D3 teams. I know scrimmages aren’t completely representative. But the fact that these are even scheduled should point out the absurdity of your NJIT take. No ones saying a NESCAC team is gonna win the D1 natty. Watch a little more D3 ball this spring and try to learn something before spouting off to a whole forum.
Hey Beanstalk,
My son PLAYS D3, and thanks to streaming, I watch 10x more D3 than any other level. The arrogance of NESCAC parents and former players is astounding. Guys, there's a reason they have different divisions. Back to you Beanstalk, maybe you should watch more D1 and learn more about IT. Concentrate though, it moves a lot faster.
Laxdad,
Your argument about having different divisions makes sense in theory, but what you are missing is that these division 3 schools have the recruiting appeal of being better academic schools than most division 1 schools. A lot of these high quality schools in the NESCAC are more appealing to high quality players who could easily play at these low end D1 (maybe even mid tier D1) teams. Now with this being said you need to watch more D1 film obviously because teams like UMass Lowell, Wagner, Hampton, Detroit Mercy, NJIT, Etc. would get blown out by a lot of D3 teams (RIT, Union, Tufts, Middlebury, CNU...) The argument of the ball moving faster is just false - watch any of these top D3 and how fast the ball moves and compare it to the previously listed low end D1 teams.
Hampton would get thrashed by Brunswick or St. Anthony’s
Leonard Washington

Re: NESCAC

Post by Leonard Washington »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 pm
:lol: :roll:
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
smoova

Post by smoova »

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:40 am
This thread is exposing some unfortunate misconceptions. Hampton's best win in 2023 was a 12 goal victory over DIII Wabash College ... which also lost to Kenyon by 22 goals and fell to Denison by 27. Twenty seven.

Nine players from the 2023 Brunswick roster are currently freshmen at top-25 DI programs. Seven of their 2024 players are committed to top-25 DI schools.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

i'm a jersey guy and njit catching some strays here. they only became a program in 2015 - while they aren't great by any means, they had some close ones last year. returning all 6 top scorers. i don't expect them to take a huge leap this year but i do think they'll be a bit more competetive. brought in a couple good transfers and a solid recruit class. they aren't the worst d1 team though.

i'm also a nescac guy, having being lucky to have been on a high school coaching staff of a graduated tufts great. having watched tufts demolish dartmouth a couple times, i'm surprised at lax dad's take. i also disagree that njit would be bottom 4 in the nescac - though they wouldn't be top 4. somewhere in the middle is probably accurate.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:48 am i'm a jersey guy and njit catching some strays here. they only became a program in 2015 - while they aren't great by any means, they had some close ones last year. returning all 6 top scorers. i don't expect them to take a huge leap this year but i do think they'll be a bit more competetive. brought in a couple good transfers and a solid recruit class. they aren't the worst d1 team though.

i'm also a nescac guy, having being lucky to have been on a high school coaching staff of a graduated tufts great. having watched tufts demolish dartmouth a couple times, i'm surprised at lax dad's take. i also disagree that njit would be bottom 4 in the nescac - though they wouldn't be top 4. somewhere in the middle is probably accurate.
My flight was delayed for 5 hours and figured I'd cause a ruckus with the NESCAC crowd. But, I still think they need to get a grip.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:13 pm Delusional take. How is lacrosse any different from any other top college sports?
If you have to ask this question then you know very little about the sport and its history.
We've all tried and it's proven impossible. If this a troll job I respect the commitment.

If you want an impartial view though go luck at the 2024 recruiting classes of NJIT vs. the top 4-5 NESCAC teams. Who has more 3-star recruits? I don't believe that IL is the end-all-be-all, but they certainly don't have a New England bias.
Jude Brown had "0" stars, are you really going to quote me BS IL subjective ratings? You know you can buy them right?

Explain the differences between lacrosse and the other major college sports...I'll wait.
Laxdad you also seem to be oblivious to the fact that there’s a pretty established tradition of NESCAC and other high level D3 teams scrimmaging D1 teams (Tufts v Dartmouth, Salisbury v Drexel, Lynchburg v Jacksonville). These games are quite regularly either extremely competitive or straight up wins for the D3 teams. I know scrimmages aren’t completely representative. But the fact that these are even scheduled should point out the absurdity of your NJIT take. No ones saying a NESCAC team is gonna win the D1 natty. Watch a little more D3 ball this spring and try to learn something before spouting off to a whole forum.
Hey Beanstalk,
My son PLAYS D3, and thanks to streaming, I watch 10x more D3 than any other level. The arrogance of NESCAC parents and former players is astounding. Guys, there's a reason they have different divisions. Back to you Beanstalk, maybe you should watch more D1 and learn more about IT. Concentrate though, it moves a lot faster.
Laxdad,
Your argument about having different divisions makes sense in theory, but what you are missing is that these division 3 schools have the recruiting appeal of being better academic schools than most division 1 schools. A lot of these high quality schools in the NESCAC are more appealing to high quality players who could easily play at these low end D1 (maybe even mid tier D1) teams. Now with this being said you need to watch more D1 film obviously because teams like UMass Lowell, Wagner, Hampton, Detroit Mercy, NJIT, Etc. would get blown out by a lot of D3 teams (RIT, Union, Tufts, Middlebury, CNU...) The argument of the ball moving faster is just false - watch any of these top D3 and how fast the ball moves and compare it to the previously listed low end D1 teams.
SlippenJ,
The only real appeal I see is the relaxed schedule. Huge time consumption in D1, and if you attend a school with high academic major/requirements, it's worse. Why wouldn't the NESCAC kids choose to play at Ivy league schools? Very similar structures $ wise, academics and geographics. I know why...they wouldn't play.

As I said previously, my son plays D3, and plays against 2 of the best D3 teams in the country. He's matched up against Brown, Ferrara, Poli, Swedlund, Nozemack, Cook, Jackson, not many better then them. He also played 1 year of D1, albeit only 8 games in mostly cleanup duty. I believe I have a very objective view of the difference. Don't get me wrong, D3 has tons of talent, but most are smaller, not quite as fast, don't spend as much time in the weight room. I can't understand why the NESCAC people get so bent. Can Middlebury Football compete against Sacred Heart? Hell no. Would Trinity Ice Hockey compete against Sacred Heart? Hell no. There's a reason for the different divisions in all sports.

Thanks for you time, my troll job is complete.
Last edited by laxdad1434 on Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:40 am
Delbarton as well
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am

Hey Beanstalk,
Laxdad,
SlippenJ,
The only real appeal I see is the relaxed schedule. Huge time consumption in D1, and if you attend a school with high academic major/requirements, it's worse. Why wouldn't the NESCAC kids choose to play at Ivy league schools? Very similar structures $ wise, academics and geographics. I know why...they wouldn't play.

As I said previously, my son plays D3, and plays against 2 of the best D3 teams in the country. He's matched up against Brown, Ferrara, Poli, Swedlund, Nozemack, Cook, Jackson, not many better then them. He also played 1 year of D1, albeit only 8 games in mostly cleanup duty. I believe I have a very objective view of the difference. Don't get me wrong, D3 has tons of talent, but most are smaller, not quite as fast, don't spend as much time in the weight room. I can't understand why the NESCAC people get so bent. Can Middlebury Football compete against Sacred Heart? Hell know. Would
Trinity Ice Hockey compete against Sacred Heart? Hell no. There's a reason for the different divisions.

So basically, nobody should give any weight to your opinions. Go toot your horn on the CLC page.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

shorelax12 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:35 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am

Hey Beanstalk,
Laxdad,
SlippenJ,

As I said previously, my son plays D3, and plays against 2 of the best D3 teams in the country. He's matched up against Brown, Ferrara, Poli, Swedlund, Nozemack, Cook, Jackson, not many better then them. He also played 1 year of D1, albeit only 8 games in mostly cleanup duty. I believe I have a very objective view of the difference. Don't get me wrong, D3 has tons of talent, but most are smaller, not quite as fast, don't spend as much time in the weight room. I can't understand why the NESCAC people get so bent. Can Middlebury Football compete against Sacred Heart? Hell know. Would
Trinity Ice Hockey compete against Sacred Heart? Hell no. There's a reason for the different divisions.

So basically, nobody should give any weight to your opinions. Go toot your horn on the CLC page.
They have ointment for your problem... :lol:
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

What. A. Loser.

On the flip side, that was the most action the D3 board has had in months.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

it sounds like laxdad's kid got rejected from a nescac school. maybe that's why he thinks poorly of the conference. i'm sure he's doing great at kean.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:58 am it sounds like laxdad's kid got rejected from a nescac school. maybe that's why he thinks poorly of the conference. i'm sure he's doing great at kean.
Lol...I can see how it looks that way. Listen, I had a flight delay yesterday, 5 hours. and was bored to crap. Some guy was wondering why a 5'7 160# grad transfer from a NESCAC to Fairfield U, barely played...duh. So I poked the bear, NESCAC daddies went berserk. and here we are.

That was fun...Happy Holidays everyone!
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

smoova wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:52 am This thread is exposing some unfortunate misconceptions. Hampton's best win in 2023 was a 12 goal victory over DIII Wabash College ... which also lost to Kenyon by 22 goals and fell to Denison by 27. Twenty seven.

Nine players from the 2023 Brunswick roster are currently freshmen at top-25 DI programs. Seven of their 2024 players are committed to top-25 DI schools.
:lol: :roll: X2

Back to the NESCAC thread and our regularly scheduled programming
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:04 am
BanksAndTheBeanStalk wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:46 pm Settle an argument: How many Duke players would last year’s Bates team need to win the NESCAC? Assume you can pick which Duke players you need at any position…
I think it’s closer to 2. To support this I would submit Matt Chlastawa, the best player in Bates history.
You'd put Chlastawa ahead of Charlie Fay (and, just for argument's sake, Kyle Weber)?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Get at’em laxdad
#IstandWithLaxdad
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:57 pm Get at’em laxdad
#IstandWithLaxdad
My man :lol:
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

ah23 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:54 pm
BanksAndTheBeanStalk wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:46 pm Settle an argument: How many Duke players would last year’s Bates team need to win the NESCAC? Assume you can pick which Duke players you need at any position…
I think it’s closer to 2. To support this I would submit Matt Chlastawa, the best player in Bates history.
You'd put Chlastawa ahead of Charlie Fay (and, just for argument's sake, Kyle Weber)?
I can say with relative certainty that you have watched more of each of them play, so you are far better suited to speak on their individual talent levels than I.

But for comparison of offensive players that I may have seen play just a few times, I go to all that we have, ”the back of the baseball card.” Chlastawa is the record holder for career points, and neither of these guys are in second place either.

If it makes people feel better I’ll adjust to “statistically the best offensive player,” to avoid the intangible talent debate. But the point remains the same. Give Bates Brennan O’Neill and Dyson Williams and I could see them taking the NESCAC. There isn’t a defense that would be able to contain them, or an offense able to outscore them.

Now you go. How many Duke players would Bates need to win the NESCAC?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:26 pm
ah23 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:54 pm
I can say with relative certainty that you have watched more of each of them play, so you are far better suited to speak on their individual talent levels than I.

But for comparison of offensive players that I may have seen play just a few times, I go to all that we have, ”the back of the baseball card.” Chlastawa is the record holder for career points, and neither of these guys are in second place either.

If it makes people feel better I’ll adjust to “statistically the best offensive player,” to avoid the intangible talent debate. But the point remains the same. Give Bates Brennan O’Neill and Dyson Williams and I could see them taking the NESCAC. There isn’t a defense that would be able to contain them, or an offense able to outscore them.

Now you go. How many Duke players would Bates need to win the NESCAC?
I think the real question is how many NJIT players do they need to win the NESCAC?
smoova

Post by smoova »

duplicate
Last edited by smoova on Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

This place is more fun with laxdad than without him.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”