OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Sunnylax

Re: Just so we're all on the same page...

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:35 am Lookit--I'm not getting into pissing contests with those of you who want to come at me with insults and/or skewed perspectives of what you think I said. My days of going back and forth with that happy crappy are over. I may send you off with a sentiment or a gif or both. After that? You go on the Pay No Mind list--which means your posts will hereafter be ignored.

It's a very simple equation from my vantage. If you don't like what I write then don't read it. It's hard to miss me – I'm the guy with Ken Wreggett the goalie making a great save profile picture to the right of, or above everything I post.

We all clear? Outstanding.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
You are such a tool. Please add another hilarious GIF.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm I wouldn’t use Lacrosse magazine as the evidence. Have a feeling they get in the office and throw darts at teams and that’s how they pick them.
I agree with this sentiment. Sometimes it seems like the staff tosses certain assignments to the interns and has them handle it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Looking Forward to 2024 - Virginia Tech Hokies

2.10 VCU
2.14 at JMU
2.17 at Mercer
2.21 Queens
2.24 at Louisville

3.3 at BC
3.6 Elon
3.9 Syracuse
3.12 at Furman
3.16 Duke
3.20 Longwood
3.23 at Pitt
3.30 at Clemson

4.6 at NC
4.10 ODU
4.13 ND
4.17 Virginia
spidey44

Re: Looking Forward to 2024 - Virginia Tech Hokies

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:41 am 2.10 VCU
2.14 at JMU
2.17 at Mercer
2.21 Queens
2.24 at Louisville

3.3 at BC
3.6 Elon
3.9 Syracuse
3.12 at Furman
3.16 Duke
3.20 Longwood
3.23 at Pitt
3.30 at Clemson

4.6 at NC
4.10 ODU
4.13 ND
4.17 Virginia
At least they scheduled JMU??? They lost to Mercer last year, so should roll over the rest of the OOC schedule. I know the ACC schedule is brutal, but definitely falls in line with Clemson...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Looking Forward to 2024 - Virginia Tech Hokies

spidey44 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:46 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:41 am 2.10 VCU
2.14 at JMU
2.17 at Mercer
2.21 Queens
2.24 at Louisville

3.3 at BC
3.6 Elon
3.9 Syracuse
3.12 at Furman
3.16 Duke
3.20 Longwood
3.23 at Pitt
3.30 at Clemson

4.6 at NC
4.10 ODU
4.13 ND
4.17 Virginia
At least they scheduled JMU??? They lost to Mercer last year, so should roll over the rest of the OOC schedule. I know the ACC schedule is brutal, but definitely falls in line with Clemson...
I know. Pretty poor.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 am
Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm I wouldn’t use Lacrosse magazine as the evidence. Have a feeling they get in the office and throw darts at teams and that’s how they pick them.
I agree with this sentiment. Sometimes it seems like the staff tosses certain assignments to the interns and has them handle it.
I have sat at games which they've written up stuff while watching players and we haven't been on the same page many, many times. I sometimes don't know what the hell they are thinking there or Inside Lacrosse.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

MolonLaxe wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 am
I have sat at games which they've written up stuff while watching players and we haven't been on the same page many, many times. I sometimes don't know what the hell they are thinking there or Inside Lacrosse.
Don't disagree about US Lax rankings for the most part. My point about them not even being ranked was in regards to someone posting that Clemson is better than MD which is just nonsense.
hmmm

Hopkins Schedule

Post by hmmm »

Hopkins Schedule
2/9 - @Albany
2/11 - @Siena
2/17 - @Duke
2/21 - Loyola
2/24 - @Penn
2/28 - Georgetown
3/3 - USC
3/6 - Vanderbilt
3/9 - Stony Brook in Charlotte
3/16 - @Northwestern
2/23 - Ohio State
3/30 - JMU
4/6 - @Rutgers
4/10 - Maryland
4/14 - Michigan
4/20 - @PSU
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Hopkins schedule is rock solid. Good for them. Some other team trying to enter the conversation should take note.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:39 pm Hopkins schedule is rock solid. Good for them. Some other team trying to enter the conversation should take note.
Agreed, pretty solid OOC schedule. One or two gimmees, but not much more than that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Hopkins Schedule

hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:09 pm Hopkins Schedule

2/9 - @Albany
2/11 - @Siena
2/17 - @Duke

2/21 - Loyola
2/24 - @Penn

2/28 - Georgetown
3/3 - USC
3/6 - Vanderbilt

3/16 - @Northwestern
2/23 - Ohio State
3/30 - JMU
4/6 - @Rutgers
4/10 - Maryland
4/14 - Michigan
4/20 - @PSU
What a great schedule. You can tell some real thought went into it. Coach eases them into the season by hitting the road for the first 3 games. Team bonding and such. Then a couple of good tests against Loyola and Penn. A breather against G'town, USC and Vandy. And then that final very difficult run (except for Ohio St). WOW! Then the Big 10 conference championship. This is going to be one Battle Tested Team going into the NCAA's.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Looking Forward to 2024 - Florida Gators schedule

2.10 at Loyola
2.17 at North Carolina
2.24 at Maryland
2.28 Jacksonville

3.3 at Arizona St
3.6 UC Davis (neutral San Diego)
3.8 at San Diego St
3.13 Princeton
3.16 Mercer
3.19 Furman
3.23 Old Dominion
3.27 Liberty
3.30 at Vanderbilt

4.6 at East Carolina
4.13 James Madison
4.20 at Cincinnati
4.27 Temple

Talk about hit the ground running for the first three games! And then it's a coast until JMU. Bizarre schedule.
forthelaxofit

Re: Looking Forward to 2024 - Florida Gators schedule

Post by forthelaxofit »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:57 pm 2.10 at Loyola
2.17 at North Carolina
2.24 at Maryland
2.28 Jacksonville

3.3 at Arizona St
3.8 at San Diego St
3.13 Princeton
3.16 Mercer
3.19 Furman
3.23 Old Dominion
3.27 Liberty
3.30 at Vanderbilt

4.6 at East Carolina
4.13 James Madison
4.20 at Cincinnati
4.27 Temple

Talk about hit the ground running for the first three games! And then it's a coast until JMU. Bizarre schedule.
I don't know - 3 games in 5 days in 2 western states, that might not be a layup? I give Florida credit for the funding they give the program. I assume flights to Loyola, UNC, Maryland, Arizona/California, East Carolina, Cincy and Nashville? Hotels. Food. Every away game is a flight it looks like. That's no joke. When people knock teams schedules, I think a lot of it comes down to schools not wanting too many games further than 3 hour bus ride to avoid spending on flights for non revenue sports.
OuttaNowhereWregget

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:16 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:57 pm 3.3 at Arizona St
3.8 at San Diego St
I don't know - 3 games in 5 days in 2 western states, that might not be a layup? I give Florida credit for the funding they give the program. I assume flights to Loyola, UNC, Maryland, Arizona/California, East Carolina, Cincy and Nashville? Hotels. Food. Every away game is a flight it looks like. That's no joke. When people knock teams schedules, I think a lot of it comes down to schools not wanting too many games further than 3 hour bus ride to avoid spending on flights for non revenue sports.
But the teams they play, though. I could see if they were playing USC and Stanford in addition to diminished Arizona St since Tim McCormack went east. But they should be able to handle those three teams easily enough. But hey--who knows. That's why they play the games, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped one. It is a lot of travel as you say.

I agree on the travel costs. Must be a super big bill at the conclusion of the season.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:32 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:16 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:57 pm 3.3 at Arizona St
3.8 at San Diego St
But the teams they play, though. I could see if they were playing USC and Stanford in addition to diminished Arizona St since Tim McCormack went east. But they should be able to handle those three teams easily enough. But hey--who knows. That's why they play the games, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped one. It is a lot of travel as you say.

I agree on the travel costs. Must be a super big bill at the conclusion of the season.
Florida's athletic department can easily afford it, hence why the schedule is the way it is.

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

There are teams I root against for a host of different reasons. One of them is Clemson. Based on what? They're getting too much fanfare for a new program, for one. And two--they put together another embarrassingly easy OOC slate in their 2nd year. Davidson, Furman, Coastal Carolina, Mercer, Wofford, Queens and East Carolina. "The March of the Tomato Cans" as Dan Shaughnessy used to refer to the easily beatable AFC playoff opponents of the New England Patriots each year when they were a dynasty. The Clemson Tigers are unabashedly cutting corners (a la Duke and Notre Dame) in hopes of making the Dance. I want to see them pay their dues like every other new program before making the NCAA's.

I remember when the expansion Las Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL made it to the Stanley Cup finals in their first year of existence. I rooted hard against them too. Thankfully the Washington Capitals put the upstarts in their place with a gentleman's sweep. But at least the Knights had to play all the tough teams before gaining the playoffs.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:03 am There are teams I root against for a host of different reasons. One of them is Clemson. Based on what? They're getting too much fanfare for a new program, for one. And two--they put together another embarrassingly easy OOC slate in their 2nd year. Davidson, Furman, Coastal Carolina, Mercer, Wofford, Queens and East Carolina. "The March of the Tomato Cans" as Dan Shaughnessy used to refer to the easily beatable AFC playoff opponents of the New England Patriots each year when they were a dynasty. The Clemson Tigers are unabashedly cutting corners (a la Duke and Notre Dame) in hopes of making the Dance. I want to see them pay their dues like every other new program before making the NCAA's.

I remember when the expansion Las Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL made it to the Stanley Cup finals in their first year of existence. I rooted hard against them too. Thankfully the Washington Capitals put the upstarts in their place with a gentleman's sweep. But at least the Knights had to play all the tough teams before gaining the playoffs.
Strange, Clemson has assembled a lot of talented players through the portal, recruited well and have a proven coach. This years schedule is laughable. Great way to accrue easy wins that will result in another IL puff piece. A bit of fools gold if you ask me,
OuttaNowhereWregget

UO22 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:03 pm Strange, Clemson has assembled a lot of talented players through the portal, recruited well and have a proven coach. This years schedule is laughable. Great way to accrue easy wins that will result in another IL puff piece. A bit of fools gold if you ask me.
Well said and succinctly put.
Womenslaxxfan

Re: Hopkins Schedule

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:29 pm
hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:09 pm Hopkins Schedule

2/9 - @Albany
2/11 - @Siena
2/17 - @Duke

2/21 - Loyola
2/24 - @Penn

2/28 - Georgetown
3/3 - USC
3/6 - Vanderbilt

3/16 - @Northwestern
2/23 - Ohio State
3/30 - JMU
4/6 - @Rutgers
4/10 - Maryland
4/14 - Michigan
4/20 - @PSU
What a great schedule. You can tell some real thought went into it. Coach eases them into the season by hitting the road for the first 3 games. Team bonding and such. Then a couple of good tests against Loyola and Penn. A breather against G'town, USC and Vandy. And then that final very difficult run (except for Ohio St). WOW! Then the Big 10 conference championship. This is going to be one Battle Tested Team going into the NCAA's.
Everyone on this board dismisses Duke. That’s a mistake. They have tons of talent. And usually are a top 10-15 program. Jhu could easily lose to Duke. I think Duke will have a better year than penn this year.
And I don’t like Duke!!! But to relegate duke to a “ease into the season” opponent is a bit much.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

I’ll go even further. With the schedule they play, jhu will struggle to be tournament eligible.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”