3.30 Rutgers

4.6 at Maryland
4.13 Ohio State
4.20 at Michigan

Teams should take notice on how to do it. Good for them
LaxDadMax

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by LaxDadMax »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:05 pm I suppose since they are reigning National Champs, this schedule is apropos. Only ONE OOC team that wasn't in the 2023 tourney. Color me impressed.
And I guarantee that game was done for strategic recruiting purposes. Lots of non-east coast teams want to hone in on all of the Colorado girls lax talent.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:18 am
NW
MD
Hop
Michigan
PSU
Rutgers
OSU

I would argue that from year to year, all 7 of those teams are better than Va Tech
I would argue that 4 or 5 of those schools are better than Tech in the last 10 years. Rutgers, OSU and PSU have had seasons that weren't so good.

Would be nice to have an ACC/BIG weekend like you see in BBall to evaluate the relative strengths of the conferences
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:29 pm
spidey44 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:05 pm I suppose since they are reigning National Champs, this schedule is apropos. Only ONE OOC team that wasn't in the 2023 tourney. Color me impressed.
And I guarantee that game was done for strategic recruiting purposes. Lots of non-east coast teams want to hone in on all of the Colorado girls lax talent.
Maybe, but more likely it was given because Annie is a former player & coach for KAH.
Last edited by NULax2 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

15 games for Northwestern? (waiting for the outrage) Plus if they keep the 1 seed, they only play 2 B1G tournament games compared to ACC's three. Only 6 reg season at home though (10 last year)--tough schedule.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

GratefulRed wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:51 pm 15 games for Northwestern? (waiting for the outrage) Plus if they keep the 1 seed, they only play 2 B1G tournament games compared to ACC's three. Only 6 reg season at home though (10 last year)--tough schedule.
I am disappointed, I must say. But not for the reason one might think. I'm sad that there will be one less game to watch the generationally talented Dynamic Duo (that's Izzy Scane and Erin Coykendall to you) before they ride off into the sunset at the close of the '24 season. I can understand why Coach Kelly elected to play 15 games instead of 16 after the long haul and wear and tear of winning a national championship, if that was indeed a reason. Also--this isn't a practice of Northwestern--to play one less regular season game than the rest of the conference the way it is for North Carolina, whose '24 schedule is now the 8th time in the last 10 years Levy has chosen to do so.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:09 pm Would be nice to have an ACC/BIG weekend like you see in BBall to evaluate the relative strengths of the conferences
Agreed. We had a thread on just that topic a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1753

Might be interesting to track in '24. Might also be interesting to comb back through 2023 and see which conference won more games vs. each other.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Who's got the hardest OOC schedule?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:09 pm
NW
MD
Hop
Michigan
PSU
Rutgers
OSU

I would argue that from year to year, all 7 of those teams are better than Va Tech
I would argue that 4 or 5 of those schools are better than Tech in the last 10 years. Rutgers, OSU and PSU have had seasons that weren't so good.

Would be nice to have an ACC/BIG weekend like you see in BBall to evaluate the relative strengths of the conferences
Didn’t the men’s side have something similar going for a season or two? Maybe 3?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 am Who's got the hardest OOC schedule?
Tbh I haven’t combed over everyone’s but just skimming through posts here I think Syracuse, at least on paper for now. All of that can easily change once the season starts and we see who shows up on the field.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:54 am
GratefulRed wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:51 pm 15 games for Northwestern? (waiting for the outrage) Plus if they keep the 1 seed, they only play 2 B1G tournament games compared to ACC's three. Only 6 reg season at home though (10 last year)--tough schedule.
I am disappointed, I must say. But not for the reason one might think. I'm sad that there will be one less game to watch the generationally talented Dynamic Duo (that's Izzy Scane and Erin Coykendall to you) before they ride off into the sunset at the close of the '24 season. I can understand why Coach Kelly elected to play 15 games instead of 16 after the long haul and wear and tear of winning a national championship, if that was indeed a reason. Also--this isn't a practice of Northwestern--to play one less regular season game than the rest of the conference the way it is for North Carolina, whose '24 schedule is now the 8th time in the last 10 years Levy has chosen to do so.
How typical to twist the narrative of NU 15 games and still “shame” UNC. Funny, and on trend for you.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:09 pm
NW
MD
Hop
Michigan
PSU
Rutgers
OSU

Va Tech has made one NCAA tournament....ever. Same can't be said about any of the Big Ten Teams.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Madlax59 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:23 am How typical to twist the narrative of NU 15 games and still “shame” UNC. Funny, and on trend for you.
And here I was thinkin we was bein all friendly-like...

Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:02 am
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:23 am How typical to twist the narrative of NU 15 games and still “shame” UNC. Funny, and on trend for you.
And here I was thinkin we was bein all friendly-like...

You aren't friendly and constantly take digs at people and programs.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Va Tech looks to be on the rise with new coach and young team.
Clemson is loaded with talent, should be fun to see how they do.
Virginia on the rise or decline?

The ACC is loaded at the top, Big 10 has Northwestern. Who would finish ahead of MD in ACC? UNC, BC, Cuse, ND and Clemson?
I think Virginia and Duke may keep dropping even with recruiting advantages.
Michigan and Hopkins are in the Duke and Virginia (Va Tech?) tier in my opinion.

I just see the more talent going ACC versus Big 10 on the recruiting side.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

I may be slighting Michigan.
Talent level is very high.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Keep grinding that axe, Cleveland State

Sunnylax wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:42 am You aren't friendly and constantly take digs at people and programs.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Just so we're all on the same page...

Lookit--I'm not getting into pissing contests with those of you who want to come at me with insults and/or skewed perspectives of what you think I said. My days of going back and forth with that happy crappy are over. I may send you off with a sentiment or a gif or both. After that? You go on the Pay No Mind list--which means your posts will hereafter be ignored.

It's a very simple equation from my vantage. If you don't like what I write then don't read it. It's hard to miss me – I'm the guy with Ken Wreggett the goalie making a great save profile picture to the right of, or above everything I post.

We all clear? Outstanding.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxdadpat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am The ACC is loaded at the top, Big 10 has Northwestern. Who would finish ahead of MD in ACC? UNC, BC, Cuse, ND and Clemson?
I think it's unfair to put Clemson ahead of Maryland. Maryland still has strong talent and they return a lot of experience, so they probably rank somewhere along the edge of the top ten (9-12 range). Clemson probably ranks somewhere around 15.
OuttaNowhereWregget

ultravisitor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 pm
laxdadpat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am The ACC is loaded at the top, Big 10 has Northwestern. Who would finish ahead of MD in ACC? UNC, BC, Cuse, ND and Clemson?
I think it's unfair to put Clemson ahead of Maryland. Maryland still has strong talent and they return a lot of experience, so they probably rank somewhere along the edge of the top ten (9-12 range). Clemson probably ranks somewhere around 15.
As a side topic--if a Cathy Reese coached Maryland team plays Notre Dame or Clemson, I'll take the Terps every time.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”