D3 Men NCAA Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
palaxoff

Re: D3 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by palaxoff »

All Teams Play Second Round Games Today.
The best games of the day... #14 Gettysburg vs. #15 St. Johns Fischer, #6 Cabrini vs. #16 DeSales, and #13 vs. #28 Cortland.
Any upsets predictions

Think Stevenson may catch F&M by surprise
Springfield may have a shot with Ursinus losing a big part of their scoring die to season ending injury which sucks

Anything interesting up North
richard

Post by richard »

Nice lineup. a couple of blowouts but thats expected.

A couple of games that might be interesting but probably not. Amherst vs E-town, Wms vs Keene, Wesleyan vs WNEU,

It would have been nice to see Stockton with a days rest vs York.

Fisher has a good FOGO and goalie. FOGO is over 70%. They can also score. Dobbins and his coaches have done a great job getting the team to the next level this year. I think this will be the best game of the bunch.
CTlaxer12

Post by CTlaxer12 »

palaxoff wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 am All Teams Play Second Round Games Today.
The best games of the day... #14 Gettysburg vs. #15 St. Johns Fischer, #6 Cabrini vs. #16 DeSales, and #13 vs. #28 Cortland.
Any upsets predictions

Think Stevenson may catch F&M by surprise
Springfield may have a shot with Ursinus losing a big part of their scoring die to season ending injury which sucks

Anything interesting up North
I think it a tall order for Springfield to upset Ursinus. Ursinus went through two difficult road playoff games without one of their leading scorers. I think they've had time to calibrate. Couple that with the long trip to PA, and I think Ursinus walks away.

It would not surprise me at all to see Stevenson "upset" F&M, I wrote this on the Centennial thread, but I see this more of a "pick-em" game. F&M is good, but is heavily reliant on "outscoring" their opponent. They are subject to lapses on the defensive end, where I think Stevenson can take advantage.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Fisher over Bullets
irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal »

richard wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:42 am Fisher has a good FOGO and goalie. FOGO is over 70%. They can also score. Dobbins and his coaches have done a great job getting the team to the next level this year. I think this will be the best game of the bunch.
TopShelf585 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 pm Fisher over Bullets
I concur. GO CARDS!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Amherst running away from Elizabethtiown.
Rhodes beating Illinois Wesleyan. (IWU feed)
Stevenson-F&M. (video)
Gettysburg - St. John Fischer (video)
Cnoll

Post by Cnoll »

IWU got caught looking ahead
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

stevenson beat F&M
st. john fisher over Gettysburg
irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal »

WOW Fisher over Gettysburg 11-10 in 2OT. Congrats Cardinals :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

springfield beats ursinus in ot
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Awful day for the Centenial... all three teams bounced in dramatic fashion.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

3rd q. keene st up 9-7 on williams.
salisbury crushing.
union up by 4 or so.
york and wesleyan win.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wow. williams 21-10. it was close, turned away for a second...
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Centennial 0-3 today

pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Not really surprising. Each year is different but this year 6/8 best teams are clearly in the North, Salisbury gets an easy ride to finals, the balance this year is a joke, there are 5 teams as good as Salisbury in the North, none clearly better most certainly, they are as good as anyone, but not better than a whole pack but pretty weak they get to play no one before the final.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

CC has been overrated all year. Clearly some other teams deserved a look. I for one feel bad for Stevens right now. Related to Cabrini, their prospects were high prior to a series of injuries that took out some of their best players. Nothing laughable about that in my mind. I think anyone who knows the game wanted to be in the South bracket this year...seems like Springfield didn’t mind the drive.
Empirelaxer

Post by Empirelaxer »

Union throttled Cortland who scored two goals late against Union subs to make score look better than it was. And no way SLU would have lost to Springfield or SJF. Centennial overrated, Liberty underrated the whole year.
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Centennial conf really showed out for the tourney this year... yikes! The dirty trash eating birds from Salisbury are gonna have their hands full on Saturday. I am sure Berkman will have them prepped and ready, but coach K has the boys fired up and ready to fight. Gonna be a fun one in America’s wasteland, Salisbury md. Hope the bugs can pull it out! Put shots on cage, good chance they’ll go in.

Buzz buzz
joe2123

Post by joe2123 »

I have this weird feeling that Stevenson is going to upset Tufts on Saturday. I was really looking forward to a Tufts v Wesleyan/Amherst game, but idk if that happens. Either way if Stevenson wins, it just makes for an easier path for Wesleyan or Amherst. I can't see Stevenson beating two nescac opponents back to back, but I do think they have it in them to pull the upset. I'm pulling for Tufts to win it all, but I just don't see that happening even if they get past stevenson, they have absolute gauntlet to go through, then potentially seeing Williams or RIT in the semifinal. Hard to escape that unscathed. As for Salisbury I see them breezing right into memorial day weekend. No real test in the south for them, York got lucky once. They can't hang with the gulls. They will be out coached yet again.
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

Next Round of potential Upsets?

Not really seeing any upsets in Northern Bracket, picked Stevenson last round, don't know if they have all the horse to play Tufts especially with a double digit lose to them earlier, but that's why they play the game. Amherst and Wesleyan is an unfortunate luck of the draw, be a fun game to watch.

I think Cabrini, Salisbury and York all have matches where the potential of looking ahead could cost them, not sure but think the odds are one will go down. Thinking W & L late season surge might be enough to push them past York.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”