Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 pm
:lol: :lol:
I wish we could give Hogan credit for this, but that's a bridge too far.

Hogan has been relatively good on environmental issues, especially given the GOP in MD being so rurally based and business oriented. So, it'd be fair to say that the Bay's health is on his agenda.

My mouth is watering though!
Delicious
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Beyond delicious. That flavor ranks real high on my list of favorites.
A banner year for those things really is mouth watering.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

This is such junk..........what is the purpose of this post? Purpose of the PEW "survey" is a joke. Not only that, the MSN link to the "survey" indicates NOTHING that the article pretends to portray.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019/05 ... diversity/
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Are there any r's that think this is "American"?

I find it DEPLORABLE:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... e6312dbad6

Shame
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am
This is such junk..........what is the purpose of this post? Purpose of the PEW "survey" is a joke. Not only that, the MSN link to the "survey" indicates NOTHING that the article pretends to portray.

Really?
The PEW research covers many aspects of attitudes on race and it seems to me that MSN piece fairly stated many of the most relevant takeaways.

There's a consistent finding throughout the PEW survey that attitudes on these various issues have marked differences depending on various demographic factors, but are most pronounced based on party identification.

For instance white Democrats have a very different set of attitudes about race than do white Republicans.

We can debate how the parties have aligned in these ways, but the findings are quite consistent with what we see displayed politically.

My wife and I had dinner this past weekend with some fellow life-long Republicans, significant political donors, active in the GOP for many, many years. Staunch GOP. The wife has formally withdrawn from the GOP, husband considering doing so. I found it striking, as I hadn't expected them to be so upset, attitudes about race were one of the factors they mentioned, rule of law the other.
Brooklyn

Re: CONservatives

Post by Brooklyn »

:twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:41 am Are there any r's that think this is "American"?

I find it DEPLORABLE:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... e6312dbad6

Shame
3 sides to every story. But, Dana lost credibility with this sentence:

Barack Obama pitch his remedies for the market crash

TARP-market crash remedies were already sitting on the Resolute Desk when he arrived. Unless he's talking about all those "shovel ready" jobs, another one of Obama's HUGE failures.
a fan

Post by a fan »

What are the other two sides?

This isn't cool, and you know it.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm What are the other two sides?

This isn't cool, and you know it.
No, it's NOT cool. But, to be clear, the entire process and the delusion that we have "freedom" of the press has too long been ignored. I've discussed the gatekeeper nonsense to our elected officials before.

Didn't hear you....the WashingPost....or any other pretend liberals when access was denied to other members of the press.

Do most of you even know the process of getting credentials? exactly

But, Dana can tell you why or the other two sides. B/c, this sentence is also laughable.

The White House press office granted exceptions to the other seven, but not to me. I strongly suspect it’s because I’m a Trump critic. in regards to other WashPost reporters. Yup, Dana is the ONLY washPost employee that is a tRump critic. :roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes. I know that smaller, and from back in my day, more liberal publication have been denied access.

But that's the tradition. Big boys get a seat at the table. Would I prefer they rotate smaller voice through? Yep.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 am

Really?
The PEW research covers many aspects of attitudes on race and it seems to me that MSN piece fairly stated many of the most relevant takeaways.

There's a consistent finding throughout the PEW survey that attitudes on these various issues have marked differences depending on various demographic factors, but are most pronounced based on party identification.

For instance white Democrats have a very different set of attitudes about race than do white Republicans.

We can debate how the parties have aligned in these ways, but the findings are quite consistent with what we see displayed politically.

My wife and I had dinner this past weekend with some fellow life-long Republicans, significant political donors, active in the GOP for many, many years. Staunch GOP. The wife has formally withdrawn from the GOP, husband considering doing so. I found it striking, as I hadn't expected them to be so upset, attitudes about race were one of the factors they mentioned, rule of law the other.

He is just looking for attention. It's what he does. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

My mother in law who has been a long time member of the GOP women’s club and some of her other members now describe Trump as a terrible human being and bigot.

A number of young republicans in my county canvassing in 2018 reported back that Republican voters were saying they were never supporting a Republican again
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 am

Really?

He is just looking for attention. It's what he does. :roll:
So, when you post here, you are NOT looking for attention? :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am My mother in law who has been a long time member of the GOP women’s club and some of her other members now describe Trump as a terrible human being and bigot.

A number of young republicans in my county canvassing in 2018 reported back that Republican voters were saying they were never supporting a Republican again
If your mother in law supported Cheney-Shrub.........tough to wave the Repbulican pom poms for the spend spend spend chickenhawk boys
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am
OCanada wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am My mother in law who has been a long time member of the GOP women’s club and some of her other members now describe Trump as a terrible human being and bigot.

If your mother in law supported Cheney-Shrub.........tough to wave the Repbulican pom poms for the spend spend spend chickenhawk boys
That too, but the "terrible human being and bigot" part is the sort of thing I hear more than anything else.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

By the way as I recall my county in Maryland voted for Trump in 2016
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 am but the "terrible human being and bigot" part is the sort of thing I hear more than anything else.
what I am hearing more and more of is people not even catching their breath between saying Trump is a terrible human being and whispering that they plan to vote for him in 2020... :shock:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

If I'm running for POTUS, I'm running on more tax cuts. Cut 'em in half again. The fallout is the next President's problem.

If voters don't care, can't add, and don't understand the whole economy is built on loans---borrowing financial success from our future, why should our leaders?

Trump will win again.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 am but the "terrible human being and bigot" part is the sort of thing I hear more than anything else.
what I am hearing more and more of is people not even catching their breath between saying Trump is a terrible human being and whispering that they plan to vote for him in 2020... :shock:
We obviously run in different crowds.

But, yes, there are lots of people who think he's a terrible human being... but he hates them immigrants, specially the wetbacks and towel heads, so that's good enough for me. Or he's gonna overturn Roe. Or he's a terrible human being but I hate Dems worse.

What's truly crazy is when a guy tells me, "I don't like the tweets, but Trump loves this country". Or, 'yeah, I know he lies, but the Dems lie much more'.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:32 pm
Those are fine people.... ;)
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”