St Rose closing

Post by DeepPocket »

End of Spring 24’

Awful
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
StuckinD2

Re: St Rose closing

Post by StuckinD2 »

Terrible news. While Saint Rose had its documented financial trouble it sounds everyone was led to believe they were recovering.. the lacrosse program has 13 committed in the ‘24 class! They were very miss-led.. and this bombshell was dropped on them yesterday morning through a news article, and then again today, with the final word of the schools status coming from the a local news station of the Boards final vote before the president ever broke the news..complete mismanagement and disaster! I feel terrible for the students and coaches. It’s still very early but it sounds like they’ll have 25+ of their 50 man roster staying through the spring, and having a full final season. Hopefully their final run can be a successful one for them to leave on.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

NE10 has now lost Saint Rose, LeMoyne, and Mack in less than 5 years.

Have to think AIC and Franklin Pierce are in danger of folding.

The NE10 has been the premier competitive conference for a long time.

With LIU and NYT also dropping in the Northeast. Travel budgets and scheduling constraints are bound to have a trickle down effect across the landscape.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

They also have lost Stonehill and Umass Lowell for other sports with the move to d1.

I wonder if they do a consolidation of conferences or if teams like New Haven and Southern Ct will start programs.

Interesting times for d2.
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

I know about 10 years ago New Haven club team made a huge push to move up but it was shot down by administration. Both teams are usually well organized for a club team.\
i dont see AIC folding. There record is always in the dumps but the roster has been slowly getting a few players every year. Tough area to recruit to.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxxer27 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:48 am I know about 10 years ago New Haven club team made a huge push to move up but it was shot down by administration. Both teams are usually well organized for a club team.\
i dont see AIC folding. There record is always in the dumps but the roster has been slowly getting a few players every year. Tough area to recruit to.
New Haven had lax in mid 90’s, it didn’t work out to well.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”