Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Voting Rights

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:22 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:33 am Respectfully, piously asserting that a things are a "far cry from what it used to be" and invocation of part of the Gettysburg Address is not much solace to the many thousands of poor souls whose ability to vote is hindered or the value of whose vote is diluted to nothing via gerrymandering.

Good movie though.
Despite all of your floundering around to the contrary can you name one person who was determined to vote and was denied that right? Your argument always meanders into the land of hypothetical. If they wanted to vote and were eligible to vote then they were able to vote. The one exception of documented voter intimidation I'm aware of happened outside a polling place in Philly. Your basic premise is absurd at face value. Any eligible voters that want to vote and are determined to so will not be denied.Had there been even one documented example of anyone being denied their right to vote the good folks at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC would have latched on to it like a pitbull on a letter carriers leg. :D
The word I used was "hindered...." And, as I like words, I used that word deliberately. You should read more carefully, assuming you read at all. GOP Legislatures across the country are using the legislative process to create hurdles to voting, disincentives to vote, and to helping people get to the polls, and the like. You have a tendency to rail about things that, as it happens, you often know nothing about.

Here's a selection from 2021, courtesy of the Brennan Center for Democracy:

"Florida Senate Bill 90: Broad restrictions on mail voting

After an election where Black voters in Florida cast mail ballots at a rate higher than in recent years, Florida enacted S.B. 90, which imposes a long list of new constraints on mail voting. The law severely limits the availability and accessibility of mail ballot drop boxes and requires voters to put their state ID number or Social Security Number on their mail ballot application without providing an alternative for voters who lack such information. It also limits who can assist voters with returning their mail ballots.

Georgia S.B. 202: A ban on food and water, plus subtle attacks on mail voting and local election officials

Georgia S.B. 202 gained national attention by making it a crime to distribute water or snacks to voters waiting in line, a response to a practice many voter participation groups use in this state with notoriously long wait times in some elections. While the food and water provision is the most blatantly outlandish, the law contains less obvious aspects that pose serious threats. It allows any voter to come to a county clerk’s office and challenge the voter registrations of as many people as they would like. And, after an election when Black voters voted by mail at a rate higher than ever before, it makes it more difficult to vote by mail in several ways. The law also sets up a process that could be used to remove professional election officials and replace them with more partisan actors.

Iowa Senate File 413: Criminalizing election officials for protecting voters

Iowa helped to start a national trend of laws targeting election officials with criminal penalties for expanding voting access by enacting S.F. 413. The law imposes a number of new penalties and restrictions on election officials, including a provision that refers county election officials for criminal prosecution if they do not implement the law’s aggressive new voter-roll purge provisions.

Montana House Bill 176: Ending a popular policy for partisan reasons

Montana H.B. 176 eliminated Election Day registration, a popular and effective policy that Montana voters have relied on for years. During debate over the law, a Republican state representative openly stated that he wanted to end election day registration because he believed it was used by young people who were “not on our side of the aisle.”

Texas S.B. 1: Targeting Election Workers and Restricting Mail Voting

After a lengthy legislative process that involved the speaker of the House asking legislators not to use the word “racism” when debating on the floor, Texas passed S.B. 1, a law so restrictive that is is being challenged it in court.

Some of its most aggressive provisions target election officials and workers and make it harder to vote by mail. The law threatens election officials and workers with new criminal penalties for expanding voter access or even simply encouraging eligible voters to request mail ballots. For mail voting, it imposes new identification number requirements and new obstacles for voter assistance. It also empowers partisan poll watchers to harass voters and election workers. The changes have already reportedly led to astounding mail ballot rejection rates in some counties."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/22/politics ... index.html

"Lawmakers in 32 states across the US have introduced or pre-filed at least 150 bills aimed at making it harder to vote, according to a new analysis from the liberal-leaning Brennan Center for Justice at New York University’s law school.

The report, which covers legislative activity through January 25, 2023, was released Wednesday morning. The number of proposed bills represents an uptick in comparison to bills introduced at the same time in 2022 and 2021.

“This doesn’t necessarily mean that the country will have a record number of new restrictive voting laws by year’s end, but the high number of bills is an indicator that many legislators are still focused on making it harder to vote,” Jasleen Singh, counsel in the Brennan Center’s democracy program, told CNN.

The restrictive voting bills are part of an ongoing Republican-led push to change election laws following record turnout in the 2020 presidential election and unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.

Proposals in two states would open new doors for election results to be overturned.

One bill proposed in Texas would allow presidential electors to set aside election results if passed.

In Virginia, one piece of proposed legislation aims to allow citizens to demand forensic audits of results, which would then be presented to a jury of “randomly selected residents,” who could vote to invalidate the election.

Of the 150 bills, more than half aim to limit access to mail-in voting which gained popularity during the coronavirus pandemic.

Some of the bills also propose increasing or imposing voter ID requirements for in-person voting and registration. Of the bills, 32 would require voters to present a photo ID at the polls. Opponents of voter ID laws say they disproportionately impact minorities, people with disabilities and those from low-income backgrounds who may not have the necessary forms of identification.

The report notes that no bills aimed at restricting access have been proposed in Georgia where a controversial election law was passed in 2021.

The push to restrict voting access has been met with legislative efforts to expand access to voting. Thirty-four states pre-filed or introduced 274 expansive voting bills since new legislative sessions began, according to the Brennan Center report.

Should any of the bills aimed at restricting or increasing voter access pass and be signed into law, they would go into effect ahead of the 2024 presidential primaries and election."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:33 am Respectfully, piously asserting that a things are a "far cry from what it used to be" and invocation of part of the Gettysburg Address is not much solace to the many thousands of poor souls whose ability to vote is hindered or the value of whose vote is diluted to nothing via gerrymandering.

Good movie though.
Despite all of your floundering around to the contrary can you name one person who was determined to vote and was denied that right? Your argument always meanders into the land of hypothetical. If they wanted to vote and were eligible to vote then they were able to vote. The one exception of documented voter intimidation I'm aware of happened outside a polling place in Philly. Your basic premise is absurd at face value. Any eligible voters that want to vote and are determined to so will not be denied.Had there been even one documented example of anyone being denied their right to vote the good folks at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC would have latched on to it like a pitbull on a letter carriers leg. :D
The word I used was "hindered...." And, as I like words, I used that word deliberately. You should read more carefully, assuming you read at all. GOP Legislatures across the country are using the legislative process to create hurdles to voting, disincentives to vote, and to helping people get to the polls, and the like. You have a tendency to rail about things that, as it happens, you often know nothing about.

After an election where Black voters in Florida cast mail ballots at a rate higher than in recent years, Florida enacted S.B. 90, which imposes a long list of new constraints on mail voting. The law severely limits the availability and accessibility of mail ballot drop boxes and requires voters to put their state ID number or Social Security Number on their mail ballot application without providing an alternative for voters who lack such information. It also limits who can assist voters with returning their mail ballots.

Georgia S.B. 202: A ban on food and water, plus subtle attacks on mail voting and local election officials

Georgia S.B. 202 gained national attention by making it a crime to distribute water or snacks to voters waiting in line, a response to a practice many voter participation groups use in this state with notoriously long wait times in some elections. While the food and water provision is the most blatantly outlandish, the law contains less obvious aspects that pose serious threats. It allows any voter to come to a county clerk’s office and challenge the voter registrations of as many people as they would like. And, after an election when Black voters voted by mail at a rate higher than ever before, it makes it more difficult to vote by mail in several ways. The law also sets up a process that could be used to remove professional election officials and replace them with more partisan actors.

Iowa helped to start a national trend of laws targeting election officials with criminal penalties for expanding voting access by enacting S.F. 413. The law imposes a number of new penalties and restrictions on election officials, including a provision that refers county election officials for criminal prosecution if they do not implement the law’s aggressive new voter-roll purge provisions.

Montana H.B. 176 eliminated Election Day registration, a popular and effective policy that Montana voters have relied on for years. During debate over the law, a Republican state representative openly stated that he wanted to end election day registration because he believed it was used by young people who were “not on our side of the aisle.”

After a lengthy legislative process that involved the speaker of the House asking legislators not to use the word “racism” when debating on the floor, Texas passed S.B. 1, a law so restrictive that is is being challenged it in court.

Some of its most aggressive provisions target election officials and workers and make it harder to vote by mail. The law threatens election officials and workers with new criminal penalties for expanding voter access or even simply encouraging eligible voters to request mail ballots. For mail voting, it imposes new identification number requirements and new obstacles for voter assistance. It also empowers partisan poll watchers to harass voters and election workers. The changes have already reportedly led to astounding mail ballot rejection rates in some counties."

"Lawmakers in 32 states across the US have introduced or pre-filed at least 150 bills aimed at making it harder to vote, according to a new analysis from the liberal-leaning Brennan Center for Justice at New York University’s law school.

The report, which covers legislative activity through January 25, 2023, was released Wednesday morning. The number of proposed bills represents an uptick in comparison to bills introduced at the same time in 2022 and 2021.

“This doesn’t necessarily mean that the country will have a record number of new restrictive voting laws by year’s end, but the high number of bills is an indicator that many legislators are still focused on making it harder to vote,” Jasleen Singh, counsel in the Brennan Center’s democracy program, told CNN.

The restrictive voting bills are part of an ongoing Republican-led push to change election laws following record turnout in the 2020 presidential election and unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.

Proposals in two states would open new doors for election results to be overturned.

One bill proposed in Texas would allow presidential electors to set aside election results if passed.

In Virginia, one piece of proposed legislation aims to allow citizens to demand forensic audits of results, which would then be presented to a jury of “randomly selected residents,” who could vote to invalidate the election.

Of the 150 bills, more than half aim to limit access to mail-in voting which gained popularity during the coronavirus pandemic.

Some of the bills also propose increasing or imposing voter ID requirements for in-person voting and registration. Of the bills, 32 would require voters to present a photo ID at the polls. Opponents of voter ID laws say they disproportionately impact minorities, people with disabilities and those from low-income backgrounds who may not have the necessary forms of identification.

The report notes that no bills aimed at restricting access have been proposed in Georgia where a controversial election law was passed in 2021.

The push to restrict voting access has been met with legislative efforts to expand access to voting. Thirty-four states pre-filed or introduced 274 expansive voting bills since new legislative sessions began, according to the Brennan Center report.

Should any of the bills aimed at restricting or increasing voter access pass and be signed into law, they would go into effect ahead of the 2024 presidential primaries and election."
What makes you think I know how to read? I asked you a simple question counselor. Do you have the name of anyone who was denied their right to cast a vote in an election?? My reading comprehension must be right up there with your propensity to exaggerate something that exists in your vivid imagination. :P Your lengthy diatribe doesn't provide a single name. It does prove that old axiom that when you can't dazzle em with brilliance then baffle em with bullchit. That is what lawyers love to do. Sorry counselor, I'm not buying your bullchit. Go take it to Kelseys. That was my dads favorite way of saying go somewhere else to try and sell what your putting out there. I respect you coaster, I'm just not buying what your trying to sell.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

My response is not a "diatribe," which means a bitter, verbal attack. It was simply an effort to respond to your usual rude, off-the-mark remarks, buttressed with information about the subject I was referring to: vote hindrance or suppression.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:48 pm My response is not a "diatribe," which means a bitter, verbal attack. It was simply an effort to respond to your usual rude, off-the-mark remarks, buttressed with information about the subject I was referring to: vote hindrance or suppression.
Lot of people aren’t aware they don’t know what they don’t know.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Good movie though.
You wanna know something funny, Sea? I hadn't read anything in this thread before I chose to post here. I had the idea for the post first. Once the post was written I looked through the 10 pages of topics for an appropriate place to put it. I chose this topic because it had something to do with voting.

As to what you wrote after what I wrote, I have no doubt you know what you're talking about. I've never known you to be uninformed.

I hope the situation you mentioned improves. I'm not happy when injustices exist--especially when the poor are exploited--which would fit in with exactly what this scene from the movie depicts.

And thanks for "gerrymandering". You taught me a new word, (though I'll be hard pressed to ever find an occasion to use it.)

Best to you and the Orange in 2024. I know '23 wasn't easy for you with the Purple Gang scaling the heights and attaining the summit again. You were the only team to beat Kelly's charges in '23 so, that counts for something. I hope the two teams continue their tradition of playing each other during the regular season. Should be a good rematch.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:05 am

Good movie though.
You wanna know something funny, Sea? I hadn't read anything in this thread before I chose to post here. I had the idea for the post first. Once the post was written I looked through the 10 pages of topics for an appropriate place to put it. I chose this topic because it had something to do with voting.

As to what you wrote after what I wrote, I have no doubt you know what you're talking about. I've never known you to be uninformed.

I hope the situation you mentioned improves. I'm not happy when injustices exist--especially when the poor are exploited--which would fit in with exactly what this scene from the movie depicts.

And thanks for "gerrymandering". You taught me a new word, (though I'll be hard pressed to ever find an occasion to use it.)

Best to you and the Orange in 2024. I know '23 wasn't easy for you with the Purple Gang scaling the heights and attaining the summit again. You were the only team to beat Kelly's charges in '23 so, that counts for something. I hope the two teams continue their tradition of playing each other during the regular season. Should be a good rematch.
I struggle to believe you’ve never heard the term gerrymander before. You’ve never ever heard that term before? No idea what it was or where it came from?

If that’s the case then the post about where we’ve come to isn’t very meaningful if you aren’t aware of that. It’s one of the biggest issues and problems in politics and has been for two decades (probably a lot more).

Have you ever heard the term carpetbagger?
See Martin, Malcolm
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Your Struggle

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am I struggle to believe you’ve never heard the term gerrymander before. You’ve never ever heard that term before? No idea what it was or where it came from?
You struggle to believe that, do you? I'll half ignore that you essentially just called me a liar and ask--what do you base your struggle on? You don't know me from Adam. How do you know what I've heard or haven't heard; or what I know or don't know? Presumptuous much?
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am If that’s the case then the post about where we’ve come to isn’t very meaningful if you aren’t aware of that. It’s one of the biggest issues and problems in politics and has been for two decades (probably a lot more).
If you don't consider my post very meaningful, that's your opinion--which you are entitled to in these here Benighted States of America.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am Have you ever heard the term carpetbagger?
Heard the term? Yes. Know what it means? No stinky idea.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:31 pm My “block” is being pugilistic.
Evidently.

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Good movie though.

Partisan and racial gerrymandering (separate things) are two of the most damaging and serious things happening in this country. It's worth reading up on. Dumbed down it is a process by which legislatures decide which voters will be permitted to vote for which candidate, resulting in politicians choosing their voters, not the other way around. It is a de jure form of vote dilution/vote negation.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics ... index.html

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ge ... esentation

Once the district is gerrymandered to reduce or eliminate the power of one set of votes, the incumbent person and party no longer need to respond to the needs, wishes, preferences of certain voters, creating permanently polarized districts. Huge systemic problem when one group of people are allowed to vote, but with a precooked recipe for never, ever getting their candidate to be competitive.

Thanks for the note about Syracuse. Rebuilding a bit this year, I think. I like BC's chances at another Memorial Day weekend. But that's for another forum/thread.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Good movie though.

These comparisons are never made to the laws in effect for the 2016 election.
They are comparisons to the supposed emergency laws used for the 2020 election because of the covid pandemic.
The new normal. Deploy the ballot harvesters. Cue the dancing drop boxes. Impossible to enforce.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:01 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am I struggle to believe you’ve never heard the term gerrymander before. You’ve never ever heard that term before? No idea what it was or where it came from?
You struggle to believe that, do you? I'll half ignore that you essentially just called me a liar and ask--what do you base your struggle on? You don't know me from Adam. How do you know what I've heard or haven't heard; or what I know or don't know? Presumptuous much?
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am If that’s the case then the post about where we’ve come to isn’t very meaningful if you aren’t aware of that. It’s one of the biggest issues and problems in politics and has been for two decades (probably a lot more).
If you don't consider my post very meaningful, that's your opinion--which you are entitled to in these here Benighted States of America.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:59 am Have you ever heard the term carpetbagger?
Evidently.

outta, please understand that what you are indicating is near total avoidance of reading or watching/hearing discussions about one of the most important issues in American politics and civics in the past decade. Very hard to avoid. For someone who expresses himself has eruditely as you do in the written word, that's indeed a perplexing statement of ignorance. But okay, welcome to this thread. If you're interested in expanding your knowledge base, this is a pretty good place to start.

To not know the genesis of carpetbagger is to indicate a very low level knowledge of American history, specifically of Reconstruction. That's less surprising as IMO there was a very real avoidance by a big swath of our educational system in covering that period of American history, certainly for older folks like us...unless you had a good HS teacher or took American History in a decent college, and even then not emphasized by some teachers. But it's a hot term that is again hard to imagine not understanding its genesis at all...for someone who uses words well, clearly pays attention to words... But again, these threads provide some excellent discussions and references for further learning on history.

But yes, if you admittedly have such a low knowledge base of American History and current civics, Geneva or any other reader, is free to read your posts about such through the lens that you likely haven't really done your 'homework' on the topic, whether they agree or disagree with any particular opinion expressed.

BTW, I do agree that it's good that the country has made progress in enabling more people to vote and I also agree that should mean everyone, including those who put less effort into educating themselves of history, civics, etc than do others. I don't consider that effort to be elitist, as anyone is capable of doing it.

I'm simply in favor of more progress in voting access and participation and I'm in favor of more people making the effort to educate themselves.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:07 am

Good movie though.

They are comparisons to the supposed emergency laws used for the 2020 election because of the covid pandemic.
The new normal. Deploy the ballot harvesters. Cue the dancing drop boxes. Impossible to enforce.
More baloney from Old Salt.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ballot- ... L1N31L1W1/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am "Florida Senate Bill 90: Broad restrictions on mail voting

Are these the black voters you are talking about? https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XHqrnLWGc/ I have posted many of these scenarios, so why in the hell would the r's ever want to risk votes on their behalf?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:53 am

Good movie though.

Partisan and racial gerrymandering (separate things) are two of the most damaging and serious things happening in this country. It's worth reading up on. Dumbed down it is a process by which legislatures decide which voters will be permitted to vote for which candidate, resulting in politicians choosing their voters, not the other way around. It is a de jure form of vote dilution/vote negation.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics ... index.html

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ge ... esentation

Once the district is gerrymandered to reduce or eliminate the power of one set of votes, the incumbent person and party no longer need to respond to the needs, wishes, preferences of certain voters, creating permanently polarized districts. Huge systemic problem when one group of people are allowed to vote, but with a precooked recipe for never, ever getting their candidate to be competitive.

Thanks for the note about Syracuse. Rebuilding a bit this year, I think. I like BC's chances at another Memorial Day weekend. But that's for another forum/thread.
Thanks, Sea. Interesting. I appreciate you dumbing it down for me. I need a lot of that when it comes to politics – lol
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:01 am
Evidently.

Well you are clearly trying to sling on my block….

Edit: And you know what, I am questioning the sincerity of that. Straight up. How bout that?
See Martin, Malcolm
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am
Here's some hot pastrami from the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/04/nyre ... ction.html
Ballot-Stuffers Caught on Camera Have Upended a Race for Mayor
In Bridgeport, Conn., a judge found evidence of mishandled ballots in the Democratic primary for mayor and ordered a revote.
But first, the city will hold a general election. After that? Stay tuned.
The city finds itself in this mess after videos surfaced that showed suspicious activity at absentee ballot drop boxes.
In clip after clip, two women are seen stuffing wads of paper into the boxes.
...video clips, which were taken from municipal surveillance cameras stationed near the city’s four absentee ballot drop boxes. A clip appeared on social media days after the primary, leading Mr. Gomes’s lawyers to file a lawsuit to get all 2,100 hours of tape on the drop boxes.
Judge Clark ruled that just two women made or were directly involved in 15 incidents of drop boxes being stuffed with ballots.
He wrote that the videos showed “credible evidence that the ballots were being ‘harvested’” — a process by which third-party individuals gather and submit completed absentee ballots in bulk, rather than individual voters submitting them for themselves, in violation of election laws.
Both women, the judge wrote, were “partisans”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Speaking of baloney I tried this fried baloney for the first time, real beatdown spot that probably doesnt pass inspections but the family running it looked like folks I could trust for a good meal. And everything else was awesome except that. This is an awful comment I know but I can see why sodium is a problem in poor black communities more readily with every meal I try when I go exploring in the parts of Atlanta many folks dont want to - in this case near Greenbriar Mall in SW Atl.

Just salty nasty - give me some of that CVS canned Ham my father used to love all day and night over fried baloney. In fact spread some bread with a mix of port wine cheese and liverwust and that would be miles better.

Fried baloney in this case was like when I nearly wanted to go vegan after trying bone marrow.
See Martin, Malcolm
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:53 pm

In Bridgeport, Conn., a judge found evidence of mishandled ballots in the Democratic primary for mayor and ordered a revote.
The city finds itself in this mess after videos surfaced that showed suspicious activity at absentee ballot drop boxes.
...video clips, which were taken from municipal surveillance cameras stationed near the city’s four absentee ballot drop boxes. A clip appeared on social media days after the primary, leading Mr. Gomes’s lawyers to file a lawsuit to get all 2,100 hours of tape on the drop boxes.
Judge Clark ruled that just two women made or were directly involved in 15 incidents of drop boxes being stuffed with ballots.
He wrote that the videos showed “credible evidence that the ballots were being ‘harvested’” — a process by which third-party individuals gather and submit completed absentee ballots in bulk, rather than individual voters submitting them for themselves, in violation of election laws.
You found one, in a primary. Nice work. This certainly countenances removing all ballot boxes from everywhere (Colorado, are you listening?), or at least placing only one or two in a county with 9,000,000 people (Harris County, Texas?). Admit it: you don't want a lot of people to vote.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:18 am

You found one, in a primary. Nice work. This certainly countenances removing all ballot boxes from everywhere (Colorado, are you listening?), or at least placing only one or two in a county with 9,000,000 people (Harris County, Texas?). Admit it: you don't want a lot of people to vote.
Your not always very adept counselor at thinking outside of the box. How about if there are only 2 boxes for folks to deposit their ballots that one party could find the volunteers to create a 24/7 shuttle service to those boxes? I betcha one party would wind up with even more votes. Your opining about a problem and not even considering that there is a solution.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am More baloney from Old Salt.
Heeey--youse guys could open a delicatessen. Makin my water over here...lol
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:43 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am "Florida Senate Bill 90: Broad restrictions on mail voting

Are these the black voters you are talking about? https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XHqrnLWGc/ I have posted many of these scenarios, so why in the hell would the r's ever want to risk votes on their behalf?
😂😂😂
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”