Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: TDS therapy circle

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:43 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:36 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:06 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:57 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:08 am

I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
Yes, the folks who have submitted are more important that the putative leader to whom they have submitted. You see it here for sure in the "Trump is Obama's fault" and "Democrats keep Trump relevant" nonsense.
:lol: ...cling to the fantasy that you make a difference. Can you bundle & drop in NH ? Do you organize on bingo night at the rest home ?
It seems that is exactly what you are doing. Triump projects as well. Authoritarians are good at it
Do you consider both Haley & DeSantis to be authoritarians ?
That question implies you’d say no and with respect to desantis that’s the delusional fantasyland you’re projecting onto others there.
I don't consider DeSantis to be an authoritarian.
Given his success, it's predictable that's the narrative that's being ginned up.
His repressed subjects in FL appear to be happy with him.
https://www.google.com/search?q=desanti ... nt=gws-wiz
Ok….narrative. But you have boots on the ground expertise to state this narrative is false or just guessing from far away? Got a relative you talk to on the phone there?

Posting a link to a search is evidence of absolutely nothing. No idea where you got the notion that is some strong supporting evidence.

My search history is a algo wrecker so I think you mistake information and supporting evidence substantially here.
We own a condo in St Augustine. My wife recently returned from a 2 week stay. She reported nothing new, sinister or alarming.

My search pages were filled with articles containing both "DeSantis" & "authoritarian". It will be interesting to see what other algo's yield.
That’s your evidence? I mean I was in Longwood visiting my best friend and sons godfather recently and saw all sorts of issues. My client and close friend in Broward county also reports issues in the state.

The use is sinister and alarming is worthless as it’s not what we were discussing and so irrelevant terms and a two week vacation on the beach. Well the visitors in Sun City we’re known to report nothing sinister or alarming either. Takes open minded awareness…

You typed authoritarian in the search field. That’s what the link you proceed states.
I also typed " DeSantis". The responses contained both.

I'll ask my wife to be more vigilant on her next visit.
Maybe some self aware first hand experience would help inform. Maybe not.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:52 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:43 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:36 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:06 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:57 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:08 am

I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
Yes, the folks who have submitted are more important that the putative leader to whom they have submitted. You see it here for sure in the "Trump is Obama's fault" and "Democrats keep Trump relevant" nonsense.
:lol: ...cling to the fantasy that you make a difference. Can you bundle & drop in NH ? Do you organize on bingo night at the rest home ?
It seems that is exactly what you are doing. Triump projects as well. Authoritarians are good at it
Do you consider both Haley & DeSantis to be authoritarians ?
That question implies you’d say no and with respect to desantis that’s the delusional fantasyland you’re projecting onto others there.
I don't consider DeSantis to be an authoritarian.
Given his success, it's predictable that's the narrative that's being ginned up.
His repressed subjects in FL appear to be happy with him.
https://www.google.com/search?q=desanti ... nt=gws-wiz
Ok….narrative. But you have boots on the ground expertise to state this narrative is false or just guessing from far away? Got a relative you talk to on the phone there?

Posting a link to a search is evidence of absolutely nothing. No idea where you got the notion that is some strong supporting evidence.

My search history is a algo wrecker so I think you mistake information and supporting evidence substantially here.
We own a condo in St Augustine. My wife recently returned from a 2 week stay. She reported nothing new, sinister or alarming.

My search pages were filled with articles containing both "DeSantis" & "authoritarian". It will be interesting to see what other algo's yield.
That’s your evidence? I mean I was in Longwood visiting my best friend and sons godfather recently and saw all sorts of issues. My client and close friend in Broward county also reports issues in the state.

The use is sinister and alarming is worthless as it’s not what we were discussing and so irrelevant terms and a two week vacation on the beach. Well the visitors in Sun City we’re known to report nothing sinister or alarming either. Takes open minded awareness…

You typed authoritarian in the search field. That’s what the link you proceed states.
I also typed " DeSantis". The responses contained both.

I'll ask my wife to be more vigilant on her next visit.
yes, the articles indicate all sorts of discussion as to why DeSantis IS an authoritarian. Most notably his use of government powers to target those who disagree with him politically, whether corporate or educational or elected official, officer of the court, immigrants in another state, or children...

But hey, maybe you read something different in those links?

I had these discussions with our gator troll back when Petey was promoting him so hard...I'd started spending 7 months in Florida beginning in 2020 and was paying attention. He seemed plausible at first, made a couple of decent moves around the environment, but then tacked super hard right MAGA wannabe and began using government powers in truly fascist ways.

I don't think he's as much of a whack job as Trump, and certainly doesn't inspire the same rabid cult behavior from his supporters, so likely less dangerous in the immediate term. However, I think he has a higher level of functioning competence, yet with the same authoritarian accrual of power bent of MAGA generally, so dangerous long term if given the full reins of POTUS.

Your wife didn't see anything "sinister" in her little experience in Florida? I don't here either, in my mother's gated community of mostly 70+ year olds, almost 100% white, Christian, and straight...but when I get outside of my protected enclave...

And oh yeah, "happy with him"???
Popularity plummeting among independents in Florida, with 60% disapproving.

Making him one of the 10 least liked Governors in the US: https://floridapolitics.com/archives/64 ... n-america/

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/fl ... rom%20July.

Some MAGA types still like him? Yeah, just not as much as Trump...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... orida-poll

Remember Hogan's #'s?
Here’s some biases built in by his own words:

Doesn’t like people likes dogs better (and calls others misanthropes-brilliant!)
Doesn’t believe he can make any difference or influence-see comment to Seacoaster today
Isn’t vigilant and relies on third hand information without any circumspection or thoughtfulness at all

So what is worth buying into in terms of analysis, synthesizing of information or data or otherwise when this is the basis one is starting with?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:10 pm Doesn’t like people likes dogs better (and calls others misanthropes-brilliant!)
How would you know ? I like people just fine.

There are mean dogs too that have been trained that way or mirror their owner.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:10 pm Doesn’t like people likes dogs better (and calls others misanthropes-brilliant!)

I think he was 'quoting' your prior comments re preferring dogs to people...I don't know whether it's accurate or not, but I do recall those sorts of comments from you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not what you’ve written here. Literally. That you prefer dogs to people. Empathic creatures no doubt but lacking the conscious and cognitive ability of your own species…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:42 pm

I think he was 'quoting' your prior comments re preferring dogs to people...I don't know whether it's accurate or not, but I do recall those sorts of comments from you.
Absolutely.

Animals with much more limited cognitive ability. That’s a tell.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:49 pm

Absolutely.

I recall posting that dogs & cats are easier to rescue & help than people, with fewer restrictions, & it's easier to help meet that shortfall in what govt can provide. As now, it was in response to an attempt to trivialize my efforts in that area & "shame" me for not helping needy people instead.
...although we've helped a lot of low income or distressed pet owners whose pets matter greatly to them.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

A friend’s dog was just mean. Wasn’t trained that way….born that way. The breed is generally friendly to people. This one wasn’t. Was eventually eaten by a coyote.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:09 am

Absolutely.

I recall posting that dogs & cats are easier to rescue & help than people, with fewer restrictions, & it's easier to help meet that shortfall in what govt can provide. As now, it was in response to an attempt to trivialize my efforts in that area & "shame" me for not helping needy people instead.
...although we've helped a lot of low income or distressed pet owners whose pets matter greatly to them.
Now you’re inside my head telling me what I’m doing. Are you so obtuse you don’t realize how much weak a** whining you’ve done claiming others do that to you?

Come on with the clown show. So dishonest. What a pity. Just full of ish and confined bad faith.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:15 am

A friend’s dog was just mean. Wasn’t trained that way….born that way. The breed is generally friendly to people. This one wasn’t. Was eventually eaten by a coyote.
Wonder if it was the coyote in homers trip after he eats the chili pepper from hell? (Any excuse to get that episode name dropped because it’s a classic)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qsNSSbftM

Yeah I have a friend who rescues pit bulls in LA (hot too, makes me wonder what I missed in her in HS). Weve discussed this. Many are surprisingly tame but not all are a product of nurturing or environment. Some are that way by nature, because the commonality is we’re blood and guys and biochemistry.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:23 am

Wonder if it was the coyote in homers trip after he eats the chili pepper from hell? (Any excuse to get that episode name dropped because it’s a classic)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qsNSSbftM

Yeah I have a friend who rescues pit bulls in LA (hot too, makes me wonder what I missed in her in HS). Weve discussed this. Many are surprisingly tame but not all are a product of nurturing or environment. Some are that way by nature, because the commonality is we’re blood and guys and biochemistry.
A classic episode….. as for my friend’s dog, it was a Havanese. Not the usual temperature….. he eventually fkud around and found out….
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:18 am

Absolutely.

Now you’re inside my head telling me what I’m doing. Are you so obtuse you don’t realize how much weak a** whining you’ve done claiming others do that to you?

Come on with the clown show. So dishonest. What a pity. Just full of ish and confined bad faith.
...in response to you going inside my head telling me I like dogs more than people. Talk about "full of ish & bad faith."
old salt

Post by old salt »

What breed ? ...maybe he was picking up on your pheromones.
Maybe he was traumatized as a puppy, similar to child abuse &/or neglect.
What was a mean dog doing running loose, to encounter a coyote ?
OuttaNowhereWregget

What I liked/disliked about Trump's time in office

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Disclaimer: This isn't exhaustively researched. Just off the top of my head.

What I liked:

How he treated Israel. Far and away this was my favorite aspect of Trump in the White House.

Straight shooter. He said what he said and didn't mince words. Whether he was right or wrong--he wasn't afraid to say what he thought.

Following through with his campaign promise of building a wall on the border. (Obviously he didn't finish it but, at least he started it.)

What I disliked:

The casual/imprudent, unwise (stupid) way he handled Covid.

His diarrhea of the mouth via Twitter

Condoning the Jew-hating racists at Charlottesville by not ripping and condemning them when given the opportunity.

His embarrassing performance during the first debate with Biden.

With all that said, when I look back on my 60 plus years on this earth, my growing conviction is that it doesn't really matter who's in the White House. My life hasn't really been affected much regardless of who the president was. I'm just a (barely) high school educated blue-collar Beantown scrub. I have always been able to buy food, have a relatively comfortable place to live, go where I want, do what I want, etc. Being compelled to buy health insurance affected my life a little but not too much. Jimmy Carter's talk of the Draft gave me mild anguish for a while. But apart from those two things, I can't think of anything that any administration has done to really truly affect my lower/middle class blue-collar life.

DMac was so right on when he wrote this yesterday: Ds, Rs, libs, conservatives, they're all phukked up, it just depends on what side you're on that determines where you're going to shoot your arrows. That's what I've come to believe. It doesn't ultimately matter who's in the White House. There exists in the each of the four designees D mentioned deceit and greed and corruption and hypocrisy. ALL of them. Folks thinking there are real and lasting solutions via politics are deluded and letting themselves in for chronic disappointment, especially in this day and age.

Just some thoughts. Probably plenty of deficiencies in my logic and presentation but I'm not a well educated man. It's obvious at times reading on this particular board how many of you are highly intelligent, well-read and educated. Much of what gets written here goes way over my head. But I'm curious in some respects. Plus lacrosse season is still a little over two months away.
cradleandshoot

Re: What I liked/disliked about Trump's time in office

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:57 am Disclaimer: This isn't exhaustively researched. Just off the top of my head.

What I liked:

How he treated Israel. Far and away this was my favorite aspect of Trump in the White House.

Straight shooter. He said what he said and didn't mince words. Whether he was right or wrong--he wasn't afraid to say what he thought.

Following through with his campaign promise of building a wall on the border. (Obviously he didn't finish it but, at least he started it.)

What I disliked:

The casual/imprudent, unwise (stupid) way he handled Covid.

His diarrhea of the mouth via Twitter

Condoning the Jew-hating racists at Charlottesville by not ripping and condemning them when given the opportunity.

His embarrassing performance during the first debate with Biden.

With all that said, when I look back on my 60 plus years on this earth, my growing conviction is that it doesn't really matter who's in the White House. My life hasn't really been affected much regardless of who the president was. I'm just a (barely) high school educated blue-collar Beantown scrub. I have always been able to buy food, have a relatively comfortable place to live, go where I want, do what I want, etc. Being compelled to buy health insurance affected my life a little but not too much. Jimmy Carter's talk of the Draft gave me mild anguish for a while. But apart from those two things, I can't think of anything that any administration has done to really truly affect my lower/middle class blue-collar life.

DMac was so right on when he wrote this yesterday: Ds, Rs, libs, conservatives, they're all phukked up, it just depends on what side you're on that determines where you're going to shoot your arrows. That's what I've come to believe. It doesn't ultimately matter who's in the White House. There exists in the each of the four designees D mentioned deceit and greed and corruption and hypocrisy. ALL of them. Folks thinking there are real and lasting solutions via politics are deluded and letting themselves in for chronic disappointment, especially in this day and age.

Just some thoughts. Probably plenty of deficiencies in my logic and presentation but I'm not a well educated man. It's obvious at times reading on this particular board how many of you are highly intelligent, well-read and educated. Much of what gets written here goes way over my head. But I'm curious in some respects. Plus lacrosse season is still a little over two months away.
You and I could be kindred spirits. I'm also not a well educated person. I make up for my lack of college education by having been gifted with something most of the super smart people don't possess nor even understand. It's called common sense. I take everything I read here with a grain of salt. You learn to take what you need and leave the rest. I always get a kick out of folks who need a 20 paragraph dissertation to make a point that could be made in one paragraph. The concept of keeping it simple isn't a tool in their tool chest. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:10 am You and I could be kindred spirits. I'm also not a well educated person. I make up for my lack of college education by having been gifted with something most of the super smart people don't possess nor even understand. It's called common sense. I take everything I read here with a grain of salt. You learn to take what you need and leave the rest. I always get a kick out of folks who need a 20 paragraph dissertation to make a point that could be made in one paragraph. The concept of keeping it simple isn't a tool in their tool chest. :D
Hail and well met, C&S.

So true on the long-windedness and windbaggery. I'd rather have my teeth drilled than read through some of these dry-as-dust 'dissertations', as you aptly call them.

I hope to gain more common sense as I bumble along through life. A precious little has seeped through over the years.

Appreciate the hello.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:00 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:10 am You and I could be kindred spirits. I'm also not a well educated person. I make up for my lack of college education by having been gifted with something most of the super smart people don't possess nor even understand. It's called common sense. I take everything I read here with a grain of salt. You learn to take what you need and leave the rest. I always get a kick out of folks who need a 20 paragraph dissertation to make a point that could be made in one paragraph. The concept of keeping it simple isn't a tool in their tool chest. :D
Hail and well met, C&S.

So true on the long-windedness and windbaggery. I'd rather have my teeth drilled than read through some of these dry-as-dust 'dissertations', as you aptly call them.

I hope to gain more common sense as I bumble along through life. A precious little has seeped through over the years.

Appreciate the hello.
I have my own standards when it comes to reading anything. If after 2 paragraphs I find what I'm reading boring I move along to something else. Then again if something I'm reading intrigues me I won't stop reading until I'm done.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Olderbarndog

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Olderbarndog »

Big fan of simple, try not to deal in absolutes, own my F'ups & try not to be too big of a jerk. Have come up short but keep on trying.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:28 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:18 am

Absolutely.

...in response to you going inside my head telling me I like dogs more than people. Talk about "full of ish & bad faith."
You never said that?

Come on son. Now someone’s flat out lying. I really hope you poured through old posts and edited or deleted anything. I believe that’s the type of guy you are…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:31 am

What breed ? ...maybe he was picking up on your pheromones.
Maybe he was traumatized as a puppy, similar to child abuse &/or neglect.
What was a mean dog doing running loose, to encounter a coyote ?
Bottom line your implication that dogs are only mean by training and nurture rather than nature is once again wrong and backed up in the real world. But you’ll say it’s a conspiracy narrative by the liberal MSM like an idiot would do.

Return to “POLITICS”