Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: Orange Duce

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Do you think Biden could have actually passed a reversal of those corporate tax cuts?
When did he have those last couple of votes in the Senate that would have been needed to get to 51, if it had not been filibustered first?
Try. Put those who voted no on the spot.
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Not sure you can put that around his neck fairly, as I'm pretty sure he'd love to reverse them...if he had the votes.
Put it on the floor. Make them vote. Like we used to do.

Where's his immigration reform bill? Or the Dems? Floor it. Debate it. Stop with excuses as to why we can't govern.

Who needs to schedule the vote?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me.

One thing I observe on the politics boards from time to time are these sweeping, all-encompassing broad strokes that make those wielding the sloppy paint brush look childish. All Republicans are this. All Democrats are that. All Trump supporters are this. All Biden supporters are that.

Please.
Not sure anyone here has made those declaratory statements other than Brooks and Cradle. You are on a lacrosse board.
Nit pick if you'd like but ONW isn't so wrong here. Ds, Rs, libs, conservatives, they're all phukked up, it just depends on what side you're on that determines where you're going to shoot your arrows. Bring back navlax76, The Chairman, Lady Laker, Lax Fi, fraukness, and a multitude of others and these discussions wouldn't go quite the way they do these days by the handful of posters left, mostly of whom are on one side.
“Isn’t so wrong” is a qualifying statement. Nobody here has labeled all republicans this or all democrats are that other than the two I pointed out…but I can be just as wrong as the next guy. No shame in it.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Re: Parodying the Seething Railers

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:09 pm
Next step, a thread in your name in the Politics section where you can post fawning reviews of girls with sticks?? :shock:
Anyone who knows my and ONW's history would expect me to be the very last person to come to his defense but I will tell you your post is a cheap shot, low blow, and horseschidt to boot. Yes, I saw the post, it showed incredible muscle and definition in the leg in an action photo of a wlaxer. There was no fawning and nothing pervy about it. Oh, but enter the world of wlax where one need walk on eggshells and say nary a word about anything even as innocent as a player having nice hair. Do so and you'll be accused of fawning and labeled a perv. You owe him an apology.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Do you think Biden could have actually passed a reversal of those corporate tax cuts?
When did he have those last couple of votes in the Senate that would have been needed to get to 51, if it had not been filibustered first?
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Not sure you can put that around his neck fairly, as I'm pretty sure he'd love to reverse them...if he had the votes.

Where's his immigration reform bill? Or the Dems? Floor it. Debate it. Stop with excuses as to why we can't govern.

Senate can do it, can they not?

Govern. Is that really too much to ask?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

mmm, Biden operates in the realm of the possible, focusing on persuasion...embarrassing members of his own party, whose votes he needs for all sorts of matters, is not a game of successful legislating. The R's would not have paid a cost for voting against repealing what they'd previously passed...

I do agree that there should be an immigration proposal, at least.

But note, Biden does NOT decide what goes to the floor and what does not, albeit he obviously has influence on such decisions.

There's a possible opening in the funding of Ukraine and Israel context, with House R's insisting on money for border control...at the very least, Biden should embrace that funding, in that context, and then propose an increase in documented immigration and asylum to follow.

Working toward compromise is the key to actually getting anything done, the sausage making ain't pretty but a good sausage tastes great nevertheless.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:06 pm
Next step, a thread in your name in the Politics section where you can post fawning reviews of girls with sticks?? :shock:
Anyone who knows my and ONW's history would expect me to be the very last person to come to his defense but I will tell you your post is a cheap shot, low blow, and horseschidt to boot. Yes, I saw the post, it showed incredible muscle and definition in the leg in an action photo of a wlaxer. There was no fawning and nothing pervy about it. Oh, but enter the world of wlax where one need walk on eggshells and say nary a word about anything even as innocent as a player having nice hair. Do so and you'll be accused of fawning and labeled a perv. You owe him an apology.
really? I wasn't referring to any specific post, obviously you're focused on something specific which I'm not sure I saw. I'm referring to the many, many, many posts which I would call "fawning" about various women's laxers. Didn't play the game, doesn't have sisters or daughters who play the game, just a 'fan', if I recall correctly about him. Whether his "fawning" crosses over to "pervy" too, I don't know and haven't paid attention to, but I wasn't going there in my post above. Just fawning.

So, no, no apology. You clearly are over reading my comment based on arguments that must have been made in that section of the forum, where I'm a rare reader, even rarer participant. But where ONW is nothing if not prolific in his posts...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:49 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me.

One thing I observe on the politics boards from time to time are these sweeping, all-encompassing broad strokes that make those wielding the sloppy paint brush look childish. All Republicans are this. All Democrats are that. All Trump supporters are this. All Biden supporters are that.

Please.
Not sure anyone here has made those declaratory statements other than Brooks and Cradle. You are on a lacrosse board.
Nit pick if you'd like but ONW isn't so wrong here. Ds, Rs, libs, conservatives, they're all phukked up, it just depends on what side you're on that determines where you're going to shoot your arrows. Bring back navlax76, The Chairman, Lady Laker, Lax Fi, fraukness, and a multitude of others and these discussions wouldn't go quite the way they do these days by the handful of posters left, mostly of whom are on one side.
“Isn’t so wrong” is a qualifying statement. Nobody here has labeled all republicans this or all democrats are that other than the two I pointed out…but I can be just as wrong as the next guy. No shame in it.
DMac, other than those two, do any of the other regulars (either side of the spectrum) make the sorts of "ALL" claims that ONW was suggesting get made on here?

Hey, there might be someone else, but that's what I would have come up with as well.

Sure, we can find such on other social media platforms, but most people discuss the issues with some nuance on here, regardless of political perspective. Or do you not agree with TLD on that?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:17 pm

Revenue Bills have to originate in the House as i recall though memory may fail me here.
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:33 pm
really? I wasn't referring to any specific post, obviously you're focused on something specific which I'm not sure I saw. I'm referring to the many, many, many posts which I would call "fawning" about various women's laxers. Didn't play the game, doesn't have sisters or daughters who play the game, just a 'fan', if I recall correctly about him. Whether his "fawning" crosses over to "pervy" too, I don't know and haven't paid attention to, but I wasn't going there in my post above. Just fawning.

So, no, no apology. You clearly are over reading my comment based on arguments that must have been made in that section of the forum, where I'm a rare reader, even rarer participant. But where ONW is nothing if not prolific in his posts...
Pretty much what I expected. Yes, ONW has a bunch of tech toys that he likes to play with and likes to post a lot of videos and pictures of wlaxers (drives me crazy with them). He has a passion and appreciation of/for the game. Posting these does not equate to fawning. This is a word that would come from many of the posters from the fragile (and unrealistic) world of wlax parents. It's unbecoming and inaccurate but by all means make no apologies for your unwarranted choice of words.
https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41&q=f ... A1&PC=HCTS
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:06 pm Anyone who knows my and ONW's history would expect me to be the very last person to come to his defense but I will tell you your post is a cheap shot, low blow, and horseschidt to boot. Yes, I saw the post, it showed incredible muscle and definition in the leg in an action photo of a wlaxer. There was no fawning and nothing pervy about it. Oh, but enter the world of wlax where one need walk on eggshells and say nary a word about anything even as innocent as a player having nice hair. Do so and you'll be accused of fawning and labeled a perv. You owe him an apology.
Thanks D. I seriously doubted the All-Knowing One was going to apologize but I do appreciate the backup. He strikes me as someone who would tell you the blue sky is green with yellow polka dots to his dying breath. Though he, in his own words, is a rare reader of the WD1 boards--it obviously doesn't prevent him from making presumptions and assumptions to beat the band. No matter--he ain't worth it.

Also--I thought your unvarnished assessment of the current state of politics was spot on. Reminded me of a brief scene from Woody Allen's Love and Death:

a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:49 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:17 pm

Revenue Bills have to originate in the House as i recall though memory may fail me here.
Sort of, yes. You have a fine memory on this count.

We have passed revenue bills that originated in the Senate.

United States v. Munoz-Flores, 495 U.S. 385, 396–97 (1990) (rejecting the contention of a dissenting justice that improperly originated bills for raising revenue may nonetheless become law if passed according to the other legislative process requirements of Article I, Section 7).
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hvala vam
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:20 pm Bring back navlax76, The Chairman, Lady Laker, Lax Fi, fraukness, and a multitude of others and these discussions wouldn't go quite the way they do these days by the handful of posters left, mostly of whom are on one side.
What ever happened to LL...she sure was feisty when it came to Navy Lacrosse, had some fun discussion's with her in those threads. Chairman is certainly one of the good guys, he is off to brighter things...miss his posts while he was woodworking his shed.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:08 am

I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
Yes, the folks who have submitted are more important that the putative leader to whom they have submitted. You see it here for sure in the "Trump is Obama's fault" and "Democrats keep Trump relevant" nonsense.
:lol: ...cling to the fantasy that you make a difference. Can you bundle & drop in NH ? Do you organize on bingo night at the rest home ?
DMac

Post by DMac »

LL took a strange turn and became a nun, she's living in a convent now.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:48 pm

I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
Yes, the folks who have submitted are more important that the putative leader to whom they have submitted. You see it here for sure in the "Trump is Obama's fault" and "Democrats keep Trump relevant" nonsense.
:lol: ...cling to the fantasy that you make a difference. Can you bundle & drop in NH ? Do you organize on bingo night at the rest home ?
It seems that is exactly what you are doing. Triump projects as well. Authoritarians are good at it
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:57 pm

It seems that is exactly what you are doing. Triump projects as well. Authoritarians are good at it
Do you consider both Haley & DeSantis to be authoritarians ?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Thanks for taking the bait. You’ve turned into a fawning follower.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:33 pm

Pretty much what I expected. Yes, ONW has a bunch of tech toys that he likes to play with and likes to post a lot of videos and pictures of wlaxers (drives me crazy with them). He has a passion and appreciation of/for the game. Posting these does not equate to fawning. This is a word that would come from many of the posters from the fragile (and unrealistic) world of wlax parents. It's unbecoming and inaccurate but by all means make no apologies for your unwarranted choice of words.
https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41&q=f ... A1&PC=HCTS
displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious:

To be clear, that's exactly what I meant. You don't think so, that's your prerogative.

You think the other posters are "fragile (and unrealistic)" that's your prerogative as well.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:06 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:57 pm

Do you consider both Haley & DeSantis to be authoritarians ?
DeSantis, definitely.

Haley, I'm not so sure.
She'd be worlds better, I think, than Trump or DeSantis...but she lost me with her thumbs up on supporting Trump if he's the nominee.

Return to “POLITICS”