Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Parodying the Seething Railers

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:19 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:18 am I’ve read some/heard some comments over the last few years about former President Trump. They read/sounded exactly like what Breuer parodies here. The waking up in the middle of the night cursing Trump segment? Perfect! I've muted folks on Twitter because they would go on and on, day and night, in like manner--OBSESSED--about Trump and how evil he is, listing all the evil things he's done with a devoted proselytizing fervor.

(And how predictable that the Self-Appointed One would look down his nose at this oh-so-accurate comedy routine and wag his finger at those who find it amusing.)

"Do better." ?? Seriously--who does this guy think he is?

Thank goodness for freedom of speech in the good ol' U S of A.

Thanks again for introducing this, YA. It's a keeper.

I think Jim Breuer must be a user on this forum and knows who MDLaxfan is...he was speaking directly to him. ;) :lol:
I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

[/quote]

I'm more focused on the people who gave trump power and enbabled him. A much much much larger and vast cohort than many lib hating folks here ever admit to be the case despite the reality of it. There's far too much of it here by protestors that they haven't enable this jerk - its a lie.
[/quote]

Yes, the folks who have submitted are more important that the putative leader to whom they have submitted. You see it here for sure in the "Trump is Obama's fault" and "Democrats keep Trump relevant" nonsense.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am Yup, thank goodness for freedom of speech.

I guess I triggered you snow flakes by exercising that freedom to reveal that there’s no clothes on that emperor, it just isn’t very funny, not clever, just loud. But you are also ‘free’ to think it’s funny.
Oh thank you So Much for letting us snow flakes know we're 'free' to find humor in a comedy routine. How magnanimous of you.

(If that is indeed the case--who was the "Do better." directed at?)
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/philadelphi ... -politics/

Probably back when he was doing funny goat imitations. That probably didn’t pay too well…. As we have witnessed, MAGA pays well.

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:51 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:18 am I’ve read some/heard some comments over the last few years about former President Trump. They read/sounded exactly like what Breuer parodies here. The waking up in the middle of the night cursing Trump segment? Perfect! I've muted folks on Twitter because they would go on and on, day and night, in like manner--OBSESSED--about Trump and how evil he is, listing all the evil things he's done with a devoted proselytizing fervor.

(And how predictable that the Self-Appointed One would look down his nose at this oh-so-accurate comedy routine and wag his finger at those who find it amusing.)

I think Jim Breuer must be a user on this forum and knows who MDLaxfan is...he was speaking directly to him. ;) :lol:
The biggest tell is all the posters who tell us that the reason that Trump's Cronies are convicted felons, isn't because they broke Federal laws.

It's because "the people who investigated them are bad, and corrupt".

And as we've seen, you can spend YEARS trying to get them to understand how crispy-crackers that viewpoint is....and get nowhere.

The power of the media, and that magic R.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:51 am

A very big lie. Fox News in court testified they structured their “news” to satisfy the demands of their base. Another thread in the support Trump requires for electionz

Then there is the fear his working class supporters have of losing jobs to more qualified new comers.

After the sixteen election research identified bias/bigotry towards all kinds of groups eg blacks, browns, jews, muslims, gays etc was a core motivating factor. One of the consistent authoritarian constants for the last century is the need to develop an “other” that can be demonized in order to create the animus to motivate behavior. Pure manipulation but history proves it works.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Orange Duce

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me.

One thing I observe on the politics boards from time to time are these sweeping, all-encompassing broad strokes that make those wielding the sloppy paint brush look childish. All Republicans are this. All Democrats are that. All Trump supporters are this. All Biden supporters are that.

Please.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am Yup, thank goodness for freedom of speech.

I guess I triggered you snow flakes by exercising that freedom to reveal that there’s no clothes on that emperor, it just isn’t very funny, not clever, just loud. But you are also ‘free’ to think it’s funny.
Oh thank you So Much for letting us snow flakes know we're 'free' to find humor in a comedy routine. How magnanimous of you.

(If that is indeed the case--who was the "Do better." directed at?)
Comedians.

I guess it really triggered you again to be told you are "free" to find loud, dumb 'humor' to be funny. ;)

It's interesting how some folks, left and right, think "freedom of speech" applies only to their use. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me.

One thing I observe on the politics boards from time to time are these sweeping, all-encompassing broad strokes that make those wielding the sloppy paint brush look childish. All Republicans are this. All Democrats are that. All Trump supporters are this. All Biden supporters are that.

Please.
Not sure anyone here has made those declaratory statements other than Brooks and Cradle. You are on a lacrosse board.
“I wish you would!”
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:18 am I guess it really triggered you again to be told you are "free" to find loud, dumb 'humor' to be funny. ;)

It's interesting how some folks, left and right, think "freedom of speech" applies only to their use. :roll:
Triggered? Too strong. More like mildly bemused at how one person can be so full of themselves. I find your style dull and unengaging, and less and less worth reading.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me.

Please.
That sounds reasonable, so I'll assume it's sincere.

I quite agree that labelling "ALL" anything is bound to be incorrect, indeed likely a gross overstatement or over simplification.

HOWEVER, refining the discussion to the specific segments which are characterized by particular beliefs or motivations, is not the same as "ALL". It's being specific about those particular sorts of Republicans, Democrats, Trump supporters, Biden supporters, etc.

For instance, though I'm a lifelong registered Republican and nearly always in the past uniformly voting for R's by default, I'm now labeled a RINO by the MAGA crowd. I've been discussing, particularly with Salty, what I see as actually defining MAGA and, in contrast, what I think are merely subsets of people motivated by particular "beliefs", desires, and bigotries, but each of which subset is not defining of MAGA. Rather they are accepted or embraced by MAGA for MAGA's simple interest in power. Partisanship (PARTY) over country and Constitution, over the rule of law. Encouragement and even celebration of disrespect and even violence toward key institutions.

What I see as equally "childish" to a "sloppy paint brush" is the avoidance of being specific about one's actual views, and instead simply critiquing others as "painting. Likewise, the avoidance of confronting the binary questions which our political system presents to us with regular periodicity (thankfully), the refusal to confront and be clear about the issues which drive our particular choice.

It's easy or "childish" to "paint" others as "sloppy" in claiming uniformity when, in reality, nearly no one does that in this forum (yes, there are exceptions).

With regard to Trump in specific, the current anointed standard bearer and fulcrum for MAGA populism, I'm sure various people on here could propose particular policies enacted during the Trump Admin with which they agreed or are even "thankful for" and even "things he said or did" they were "thankful for". But be specific, and be clear whether those "things" are sufficient in the context of what "aggravated and disappointed"...and what he and his supporters promise they will do differently in a second term..., sufficient to justify a vote.

And if it is, why the other choice is so overwhelmingly unacceptable as to overcome such "aggravated and disappointed", and any concern about promises being made...or not.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:18 am I guess it really triggered you again to be told you are "free" to find loud, dumb 'humor' to be funny. ;)

Triggered? Too strong. More like mildly bemused at how one person can be so full of themselves. I find your style dull and unengaging, and less and less worth reading.

:lol: pretty sure many of your fellow posters on the women's lax side find "your style dull and unengaging", as well as obnoxiously full of yourself...but you do you, fine by me.

Yes, clearly "triggered" if it makes you want to attack me personally out of the blue because I didn't find something funny.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

After posting a Jim Breuer Skit, also, I'm in a "flow" state. :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me
+1. Trump did things I was happy about, no question. And some of the things I was most angry about, Biden came in, and didn't reverse the bad policy. The fat corporate tax cuts come to immediate mind. So that's now a Biden policy.

To quote another poster, however, Trump is unfit for office. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:50 am

:lol: pretty sure many of your fellow posters on the women's lax side find "your style dull and unengaging", as well as obnoxiously full of yourself...but you do you, fine by me.

Yes, clearly "triggered" if it makes you want to attack me personally out of the blue because I didn't find something funny.
Way to disingenuously use conjecture and hearsay to twist and skew and fit your view. What else is new. Not even worth my time to rebut.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:57 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am Individuals with their own minds do exist in the world of politics. There are Democrat policies I value and appreciate, and there are Republican policies I value and appreciate. If a president screws up, they should be called on it--whether they're with the elephants or the donkeys. I can't go down the line with either party. That said--there were things Trump said and did while he was in office that I was grateful for. Conversely there were things he said and did that really aggravated and disappointed me
+1. Trump did things I was happy about, no question. And some of the things I was most angry about, Biden came in, and didn't reverse the bad policy. The fat corporate tax cuts come to immediate mind. So that's now a Biden policy.

To quote another poster, however, Trump is unfit for office. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Do you think Biden could have actually passed a reversal of those corporate tax cuts?
When did he have those last couple of votes in the Senate that would have been needed to get to 51, if it had not been filibustered first?

Not sure you can put that around his neck fairly, as I'm pretty sure he'd love to reverse them...if he had the votes.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Not unusual to find someone taking this escape hatch.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:50 am

Way to disingenuously use conjecture and hearsay to twist and skew and fit your view. What else is new. Not even worth my time to rebut.
:lol: "conjecture and hearsay". How pompous can you get?
Next step, a thread in your name in the Politics section where you can post fawning reviews of girls with sticks?? :shock:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:53 am After posting a Jim Breuer Skit, also, I'm in a "flow" state. :lol:

:D
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 am

Please.
Not sure anyone here has made those declaratory statements other than Brooks and Cradle. You are on a lacrosse board.
Nit pick if you'd like but ONW isn't so wrong here. Ds, Rs, libs, conservatives, they're all phukked up, it just depends on what side you're on that determines where you're going to shoot your arrows. Bring back navlax76, The Chairman, Lady Laker, Lax Fi, fraukness, and a multitude of others and these discussions wouldn't go quite the way they do these days by the handful of posters left, mostly of whom are on one side.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Do you think Biden could have actually passed a reversal of those corporate tax cuts?
When did he have those last couple of votes in the Senate that would have been needed to get to 51, if it had not been filibustered first?
Try. Put those who voted no on the spot.
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 pm Not sure you can put that around his neck fairly, as I'm pretty sure he'd love to reverse them...if he had the votes.
Put it on the floor. Make them vote. Like we used to do.

Where's his immigration reform bill? Or the Dems? Floor it. Debate it. Stop with excuses as to why we can't govern.

Return to “POLITICS”