Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:12 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:19 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:36 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:26 am Now Fort Eisenhower in Augusta GA (formerly Fort Gordon) - HQ for US Army Signal Corps

Completes the renaming regimen for the Army

https://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/ ... s-by-2024/
So Fort Ike it is. A nice tribute to the general who led the allies to victory in WW2. Too bad they couldn't find an appropriate new name for Ft Bragg. There were some outstanding options available. Some dumb cluck decided on a new name I will never use. I spent 3 years of my life and a lot of blood, sweat and tears training at Ft Bragg. IMO, for the most part the renaming went very well. Then they arrived at Ft Bragg and dropped the ball big-time. Ft Ridgeway would have meant the world to all of the paratroopers at Ft Bragg. The 82nd was organized, trained and led by Gen. Matthew Ridgeway for a good part of WW2. It will always be Ft Bragg to this old paratrooper. FTR the name change at Ft Benning was spot on...Ft Moore is a fitting tribute to a magnificent combat leader. Also his wife did amazing work when it came to notifying families whose soldiers were killed or wounded in combat. The crassness of a taxi driver pulling up in front of the house to deliver a telegram was absurd.
We Were Soldiers Once...And Young La Drang - The Battle that Changed the War In Vietnam, was a great book written by Gen. Moore and Joe Galloway. If I remember correctly the Medal of Honor was awarded to three heroes for their actions. I do recall Crandall and Freeman, Huey pilots, received them. The movie that came out later was done pretty well.
Think its Ia Drang not La Drang. . Army units involved were 1st/2nd battalions of 7th Air Cavalry Regiment (part of Army's 1st Cavalry Division) and don't believe they were paratroopers. You are correct though - 3 MoH including two Huey pilots, countless other awards and a Presidential Unit Citation. Also significant that UPI war correspondent Journalist Joseph Galloway is the only civilian awarded the Bronze Star Medal for heroism during the Vietnam War. On Nov. 15, 1965, he disregarded his own safety to help rescue two wounded soldiers while under fire.
My platoon Sargent was a veteran of " happy valley" the Battle of Ia Drang Valley was the armies introduction to a brand of warfare the French learned the hard way at Dien Bien Phu. The US Army learned the same lesson the French did. Underestimate the Charlie at your own risk. Anybody that has read the history of The Lost Platoon at Ia Drang Valley will understand the ineptitude of a West Point Infantry officer not respecting his enemy.
Broken Arrow was the bone chilling phrase no officer wanted to give.
One issue with that war was the Army was teaching the previous war’s strategies. A lot of 2nd Lieuts were more interested in getting promotions.

A good friend enlisted wend to Ft Hood for armored, shipped to Germany then made Air Cav and shipped to Nam. His lieut fit that profile so he moved to LURPS.

His men were mostly from Harlan County KY. Eventually they were ambushed. He was stitched by an AK. He was immediately treated by a corpsman. Stopped the bleeding. Went to help another wounded and was KIA as he moved. Two of his troops carried his to be evaced. As the helo took off it crashed killing both. Three men gave their lives for him. If you have seen Pvt Ryan and the last scene you know how he has lived his life since. He could have joined the Navy and spent his 5 years in the States. His uncle was a
Supt at the USNA but he didn’t. Instead he was in the Parrot’s Beak.

The two of us played in a flag football game at the Academy. It was brutal. He was 230 i was 200. We were essentially one big bruise by the end
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:12 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:19 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:36 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:26 am Now Fort Eisenhower in Augusta GA (formerly Fort Gordon) - HQ for US Army Signal Corps

Completes the renaming regimen for the Army

https://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/ ... s-by-2024/
So Fort Ike it is. A nice tribute to the general who led the allies to victory in WW2. Too bad they couldn't find an appropriate new name for Ft Bragg. There were some outstanding options available. Some dumb cluck decided on a new name I will never use. I spent 3 years of my life and a lot of blood, sweat and tears training at Ft Bragg. IMO, for the most part the renaming went very well. Then they arrived at Ft Bragg and dropped the ball big-time. Ft Ridgeway would have meant the world to all of the paratroopers at Ft Bragg. The 82nd was organized, trained and led by Gen. Matthew Ridgeway for a good part of WW2. It will always be Ft Bragg to this old paratrooper. FTR the name change at Ft Benning was spot on...Ft Moore is a fitting tribute to a magnificent combat leader. Also his wife did amazing work when it came to notifying families whose soldiers were killed or wounded in combat. The crassness of a taxi driver pulling up in front of the house to deliver a telegram was absurd.
We Were Soldiers Once...And Young La Drang - The Battle that Changed the War In Vietnam, was a great book written by Gen. Moore and Joe Galloway. If I remember correctly the Medal of Honor was awarded to three heroes for their actions. I do recall Crandall and Freeman, Huey pilots, received them. The movie that came out later was done pretty well.
Think its Ia Drang not La Drang. . Army units involved were 1st/2nd battalions of 7th Air Cavalry Regiment (part of Army's 1st Cavalry Division) and don't believe they were paratroopers. You are correct though - 3 MoH including two Huey pilots, countless other awards and a Presidential Unit Citation. Also significant that UPI war correspondent Journalist Joseph Galloway is the only civilian awarded the Bronze Star Medal for heroism during the Vietnam War. On Nov. 15, 1965, he disregarded his own safety to help rescue two wounded soldiers while under fire.
My platoon Sargent was a veteran of " happy valley" the Battle of Ia Drang Valley was the armies introduction to a brand of warfare the French learned the hard way at Dien Bien Phu. The US Army learned the same lesson the French did. Underestimate the Charlie at your own risk. Anybody that has read the history of The Lost Platoon at Ia Drang Valley will understand the ineptitude of a West Point Infantry officer not respecting his enemy.
Broken Arrow was the bone chilling phrase no officer wanted to give.
One issue with that war was the Army was teaching the previous war’s strategies. A lot of 2nd Lieuts were more interested in getting promotions.

A good friend enlisted wend to Ft Hood for armored, shipped to Germany then made Air Cav and shipped to Nam. His lieut fit that profile so he moved to LURPS.

His men were mostly from Harlan County KY. Eventually they were ambushed. He was stitched by an AK. He was immediately treated by a corpsman. Stopped the bleeding. Went to help another wounded and was KIA as he moved. Two of his troops carried his to be evaced. As the helo took off it crashed killing both. Three men gave their lives for him. If you have seen Pvt Ryan and the last scene you know how he has lived his life since. He could have joined the Navy and spent his 5 years in the States. His uncle was a
Supt at the USNA but he didn’t. Instead he was in the Parrot’s Beak.

The two of us played in a flag football game at the Academy. It was brutal. He was 230 i was 200. We were essentially one big bruise by the end
One other thing about Vietnam was a soldiers " tour of duty" It typically took 6 months for a grunt to become proficient in jungle warfare. By the time they knew what they were doing they rotated out of country. The inexperience of their replacements caused many of them to be KIA. You just arrived in country and you find yourself walking point on your first patrol.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

If anyone missed Pvt Ryan this is the final scene.

https://youtu.be/IZgoufN99n8?feature=shared

His words:
“These men from my unit gave up their lives for our country during the year I served in Vietnam:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Oscar K Higganbotham, Jr.
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp
Michael Dominic Paonessa”

D Troop 3rd Squadron. 5th Cav

I visit them annually before sun up.

Now back to our scheduled program.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 am If anyone missed Pvt Ryan this is the final scene.

His words:
“These men from my unit gave up their lives for our country during the year I served in Vietnam:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

One important line for context is missing from your clip. When Captain Miller tells him to " earn this" that is what sets up the poignant scene at Captain Millers grave. FTR I have seen SPR about 50 times and I still often cry at that scene in the cemetery. Pvt Ryans wife is so taken a back when her husband asks her to tell him he is a good man. She obviously had no idea about what happened to him that day on the bridge.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

OCanada wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 am If anyone missed Pvt Ryan this is the final scene.

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

"There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Now the sun's gone to hell, and
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:32 am

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

You had me at Mark Knopfler
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:42 am

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

How’s your finger picking? Bidding on any of his guitars?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:17 am

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Wasn’t aware they were available but maybe if I’ve got until Christmas week as I have something closing that’s going to give me some f**k around money, replace my deck, courtside tickets for Jr for a BB game (not to be repeated on fantasy board or I will find where you live as that’s an Xmas gift). I was going to blow out a S FL trip on my dime with the client who paying me. I could spare four figures for a Knopfler guitar even if I only ever learned to play Rocky Raccoon and the main chord from Man Who Sold the World-my artistic bone is deficient and cancerous seemingly.

I’ve told this sorry but I was in negotiation with his team to have him play my wedding. 2008, $16,500 plus T&E plus incidentals (which added up fast to around $23-$25k. For what you get (a whole night and not over codified contract) it wasn’t bad as I was treasurer for student gov in college and negotiated band contracts and outreach for the student activities each year (2yrs) and got George Clinton on the cheap so had an idea what bands cost. At a +/- $150k budget, where the FIL insisted on paying for 70% or more of it, it wasn’t outlandish. But I just felt like it would make half my family ashamed of me coming from what many of them still lived in to have the Dire Straits guy play my wedding even if they are a top 5 favorite band of mine. (Trust me I tried 17 different ways to Sunday to get Frank Black and couldn’t even get an audience)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:30 am

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Wasn’t aware they were available but maybe if I’ve got until Christmas week as I have something closing that’s going to give me some f**k around money, replace my deck, courtside tickets for Jr for a BB game (not to be repeated on fantasy board or I will find where you live as that’s an Xmas gift). I was going to blow out a S FL trip on my dime with the client who paying me. I could spare four figures for a Knopfler guitar even if I only ever learned to play Rocky Raccoon and the main chord from Man Who Sold the World-my artistic bone is deficient and cancerous seemingly.

I’ve told this sorry but I was in negotiation with his team to have him play my wedding. 2008, $16,500 plus T&E plus incidentals (which added up fast to around $23-$25k. For what you get (a whole night and not over codified contract) it wasn’t bad as I was treasurer for student gov in college and negotiated band contracts and outreach for the student activities each year (2yrs) and got George Clinton on the cheap so had an idea what bands cost. At a +/- $150k budget, where the FIL insisted on paying for 70% or more of it, it wasn’t outlandish. But I just felt like it would make half my family ashamed of me coming from what many of them still lived in to have the Dire Straits guy play my wedding even if they are a top 5 favorite band of mine. (Trust me I tried 17 different ways to Sunday to get Frank Black and couldn’t even get an audience)
If you want to hone your acoustic chops learn how to play blackbird. I spent weeks working my way through the chords 30 years ago.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:35 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:30 am

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

If you want to hone your acoustic chops learn how to play blackbird. I spent weeks working my way through the chords 30 years ago.
It’s on my need to get back to list w saxophone which I was strong at in elementary school! Was my fathers favorite and as mentioned previously he played in the band when he served far away from risk in a kitchen in the Midwest station he had.

But learned a handful of chords and couple of songs. Just please note you all hve my permission to repeatedly punch and kick me in the nuts if I ever play any Cat Stevens songs, especially Wild World, but excluding and carving out Trouble. Into perpetuity. I know some of you would sell your souls to the devil to find a way to manipulate me into being able to cash that check in. And for me: word is bond no matter the consequences
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Kicked in the nuts for playing Cat Stevens?
Can't imagine it. Start back up with this masterpiece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP3gA9l-U4
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:29 pm Kicked in the nuts for playing Cat Stevens?
Can't imagine it. Start back up with this masterpiece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP3gA9l-U4
I like his music, soundtrack to my favorite movie. But playing it on acoustic guitar is tantamount to this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_hCqO6U ... Ymx1dG8%3D
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

I just hope that on their mission of utter nonsense they leave the titmouse alone.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these ... 6c52b&ei=9
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Ever see “Local Hero”? A little, “non-confrontational” comedy. Might be my favorite film. Toss up between it and Bladerunner.

Anyway, soundtrack by Knopfler. Very similar sonically to Brothers in Arms. Knopfler’s interest in country/traditional music is evident.

My mother, an actress, took me to some good films when I was a teenager. I should have paid more attention to what she was telling me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:21 pm

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Ever see “Local Hero”? A little, “non-confrontational” comedy. Might be my favorite film. Toss up between it and Bladerunner.

Anyway, soundtrack by Knopfler. Very similar sonically to Brothers in Arms. Knopfler’s interest in country/traditional music is evident.

My mother, an actress, took me to some good films when I was a teenager. I should have paid more attention to what she was telling me.
Nope but it’s been added to my list now so thanks. I’m a macabre, sardonic aficionado Flannery OConner, Beckett, Martin McDonough type so hope its hits.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

I loved Bladerunner. I need to read the book. I liked 2049 on second viewing. Did you know Decker may have been a replicant in the first film?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Nope but it’s been added to my list now so thanks. I’m a macabre, sardonic aficionado Flannery OConner, Beckett, Martin McDonough type so hope its hits.
Not this film. Many studios turned it down because all of the characters were "good people." Show it to your children. They will appreciate it later.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Not this film. Many studios turned it down because all of the characters were "good people." Show it to your children. They will appreciate it later.
Ahh got it. I can enjoy a hallmark type movie if it makes my kids feel good. Right now Junior is going sellout gangsta pre gaming the UGA evisceration of Ga Tech that he will get to enjoy from the 50yr line about 7 rows back just above the ESPN cameras.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:48 pm

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

I loved Bladerunner. I need to read the book. I liked 2049 on second viewing. Did you know Decker may have been a replicant in the first film?
Never I question in my mind.

"I need your magic. I need the old bladerunner. You could learn from this guy, Gaf, he's a one-man killing machine."

"Deckard, did you ever take that test yourself?"

He was clearly an early (prior to Nexus 6) version.

I saw it twice in the theaters when it first came out. Two showings in a row. I paid for both -- I was young...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:48 pm

His words:
Roger Alan Dains
Jerry Laborn Booker
Harvey Watkins Booker
Samuel Morales
Thurman Tracy Walls
Daniel Edward Wolfe
Philip Wayne Grindol
Ronald Nelson Wanbaugh
James Bruce Tasker
Daniel Brophy
Roland Louie Florio
Byron Clair Tucker
James Keith Knutson
Bruce Clayton Brogoitti
Donald Dale Hawkins
Wayne Joseph Benes
Ronald Marvin Delp

So many different suns

The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die

We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms"

Never I question in my mind.

"I need your magic. I need the old bladerunner. You could learn from this guy, Gaf, he's a one-man killing machine."

"Deckard, did you ever take that test yourself?"

He was clearly an early (prior to Nexus 6) version.

I saw it twice in the theaters when it first came out. Two showings in a row. I paid for both -- I was young...
I am going to watch it again. I loved it.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”