All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:28 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 pm I’m going to butt my nose in here because I’ve experienced the same thing on these boards. Some folks are waaaay too casual in referring to family members. One thing they fail to consider is who the person or persons are. Ninety nine percent of the time they have no idea who they’re talking about. Beyond ignoring common decent respect for another in how the subject of another's family is broached—they have no idea whether that person or persons have met with tragedy or hardship or broken/dysfunctional relationships, etc. No consideration as to whether their comments are bringing up something tragic/painful.

And in this particular instance? To refer to another’s family in the context outsurrounding Covid? WAY over the line.
You are 100% right! But there is a certain group of posters on this site that are only concerned with squashing those with opinions that don't fit within their narrow-minded narrative. If it means belittling, trivializing, shaming, ostracizing, you name it they will do it. It will never change. It's too bad, because the level of discussion could be at such a higher level if not for narrow-mindedness of a select few that dominate the conversation. Totally the opposite of reality...

Joe
You are wrong.
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Part of the problem. Be well.

Joe
😂😂😂. Hope you had a had a happy Thanksgiving. I bet what you call narrow minded is the more in line with the view of most people all over the planet regarding mitigation efforts. The let it rip crowd had a narrow minded view, almost by definition. How did Sweden make out compared to its neighboring countries….I do know that the country survived. People in this country have gotten used to the minority of opinion winning out. We have become spoiled and entitled.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:21 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:28 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 pm I’m going to butt my nose in here because I’ve experienced the same thing on these boards. Some folks are waaaay too casual in referring to family members. One thing they fail to consider is who the person or persons are. Ninety nine percent of the time they have no idea who they’re talking about. Beyond ignoring common decent respect for another in how the subject of another's family is broached—they have no idea whether that person or persons have met with tragedy or hardship or broken/dysfunctional relationships, etc. No consideration as to whether their comments are bringing up something tragic/painful.

And in this particular instance? To refer to another’s family in the context outsurrounding Covid? WAY over the line.
You are 100% right! But there is a certain group of posters on this site that are only concerned with squashing those with opinions that don't fit within their narrow-minded narrative. If it means belittling, trivializing, shaming, ostracizing, you name it they will do it. It will never change. It's too bad, because the level of discussion could be at such a higher level if not for narrow-mindedness of a select few that dominate the conversation. Totally the opposite of reality...

Joe
You are wrong.
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Part of the problem. Be well.

Joe
😂😂😂. Hope you had a had a happy Thanksgiving. I bet what you call narrow minded is the more in line with the view of most people all over the planet regarding mitigation efforts. The let it rip crowd had a narrow minded view, almost by definition. How did Sweden make out compared to its neighboring countries….I do know that the country survived. People in this country have gotten used to the minority of opinion winning out. We have become spoiled and entitled.
Even I got the vaccine and given my prior activities got out on wax imagine the resilience of my system when you think about the germs on a rolled up paper currency…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:47 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:42 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:17 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:24 am nice effort. you and i both know what's up here, and it's not "weird". i gave you an opportunity to mea culpa. hope you don't plan on engaging, in this fashion at a minmum... any longer. really low rent. have a great evening.
What's up here? Genuine question? I don't post in a disingenuous "asking questions" manner. I called a spade a spade from the get go and stand by my observation of your posts. If it makes you uncomfortable and makes you resort to name calling, then that's on you my man.
once again, this is a really simple concept. do... not... invoke... my family... their health or otherwise.... in your trolling b.s. again. i could give 2 flying ***** about the rest of it, never have. you are what you are. i did not make up the name of coward for doing that ish behind a screen name... society did. something you should've learned already.
Whoah!

You guys were really shouting at one another in the middle of the night???

wgdsr, I've been reading the post train of thought and I don't see what you got so exercised about re your family. Everyone makes those sorts of comments both rhetorically and specifically (if one knows the people) and there's no need, in this case, to take it so personally...IMO. It wasn't an ill wish to your family, was it? I don't read it that way, and certainly nattyboh responded that it wasn't intended as such. I don't see why he would...

I'm also going to respond to the original actual discussion as I don't understand what you're saying the data is saying differently than as described in the original article, so I'm also not sure what mea culpa you're demanding on that front either...but I may just be missing something.
Of course you don't see it that way. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your too busy trying to defend behavior on this site that you can't even ascertain anymore is categorically wrong. I just don't understand it.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Be well.

Joe
Thanks for your "input" Joe. Just one :roll: as it's pretty predictable that you'd chime in when you disagree but then don't bother to ever actually explain or defend your view...just jump in to comment about the poster's supposed motivations.

Outta has some of the same predilections (IMO) because he gets called out on the women's forums for his over the top 'opinions and prodigious commentary on women's lax despite not having family members in the sport (if I recall correctly). I have no dog in that hunt.

Again, I saw no reason to get so exercised about the well wishes to one's family, yes, outta, including in the context of Covid. I certainly hope that one's views on efforts to mitigate spread and impact of covid doesn't put anyone's family at risk, including fellow posters' families, one's own family, so I see the comment, IF meant at all sharply, as a reminder that it is not just the poster who is subject to risk. I didn't read it that sharply, but if one assumes that was the intent, then that seems reasonable and non-specific. Not intended to be personally hurtful.

By contrast, I've had individual family members knowingly attacked on these threads, in order to be personally hurtful to me, as I've been open about my identity, and I'd say it's a world of difference to have those attacks versus the generic "I wish your family well" sort of thing we're discussing.

I don't think of wgdsr as likely to be so upset by something like that normally, but perhaps something is actually sensitive that none of us know about nor would intend as hurtful. And if so, his wishes should certainly be respected...which I think was the response, a clear explanation that the comment was intended positively, not to be hurtful.

Accept that and move on, IMO. Up to wgdsr on that front.

On a personal front, we just celebrated my mom's 87th birthday. Her metastasized colon cancer, for which she had a large mass removed last spring, is on the retreat thanks to immunotherapy drug Keytruda. No negative symptoms experienced and darn if the cancer, which had metastasized throughout her lymph nodes, isn't reducing to almost nonexistent. Second scan indicating the reduction last week. Minor miracle of science!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:58 am Again, I saw no reason to get so exercised about the well wishes to one's family, yes, outta, including in the context of Covid.
Because you do not pay very close attention. When most everyone sees what is going on, and you do not.... they call that a clue, in police work.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:58 am Again, I saw no reason to get so exercised about the well wishes to one's family, yes, outta, including in the context of Covid.
Because you do not pay very close attention. When most everyone sees what is going on, and you do not.... they call that a clue, in police work.
I don’t know, that’s entirely up to interpretation outside of taking the actors word at face value. He says he meant nothing. I read the thread and I don’t see it. People can jump to conclusions and do all the time and that’s equally plausible. Otherwise absent obvious easy to
Infer language in the text that doesn’t exist to support calling the person a liar the only way to take that side is assume that is how someone would always behave a simple debate. That’s quite a starting point to end working with.

I’m not saying I’m 100% sure either way but you and a few others make it sound like it’s a slam dunk here and that’s just not the case at all. We can say you are calling one person a liar. That’s evident by taking such a position. Clearly WG has but he’s a primary in this case vs all of us Statler and Waldorfs after the fact. I know, for example, from primary experience, that WG insists he knew what was inside my mind and a in fact completely wrong so that very much can happen and has in this forum.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Yeah…you should know…you leave clues all the time but don’t realize it….like many criminals do!
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Good luck. Must be nice....been dealing with Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy for close to a year; frustrating.
YA -- I don't know if you have the same thing as me. But I had like 15 months of a nagging achilles problem that was really hampering my mobility. Which then degraded my weight and overall fitness -- big time! Kept re-tweeking it so it never really got better or went away. No matter what rest or PT (alfredson protocol) I did.

I finally fixed it myself (thanks for nothing my Doctor!) with a $25 gizmo called the Cho Pat achilles strap. I wore it 24 hours a day and finally healed the Achilles in a couple weeks.

Might be worth looking into.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:41 pm
Good luck. Must be nice....been dealing with Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy for close to a year; frustrating.
YA -- I don't know if you have the same thing as me. But I had like 15 months of a nagging achilles problem that was really hampering my mobility. Which then degraded my weight and overall fitness -- big time! Kept re-tweeking it so it never really got better or went away. No matter what rest or PT (alfredson protocol) I did.

I finally fixed it myself (thanks for nothing my Doctor!) with a $25 gizmo called the Cho Pat achilles strap. I wore it 24 hours a day and finally healed the Achilles in a couple weeks.

Will look into it, thanks. My Achilles issue is where it attaches to the heel bone.

Just ordered one!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

YA -- hope it works for what ails you.

In my case, I had a pretty minor Achilles strain. Which became a major fitness and mobility issue because it kept coming back over and over and over and over again. That gizmo seemed to provide enough support that I could walk and PT consistently without getting any new tweeks.

Once the setbacks stopped (literal one step forward, then two steps back) it resolved quite easily.

Good luck.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

my oh my........throw your body on the ANTI pile ;)

at least you didn't fix your health via "some guy on the internet"

carry on
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Happy Happy

Post by runrussellrun »

Happy Annie VAERS ary..........and boy oh boy.....how IS that V safe program going ?

three YEARs, almost. If you ran a bizness, would you contractually be happy with the "outcome" of said claims ?

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/VRBPAC-12.10.20-Meeting-Briefing-Document-FDA.pdf

95% efficassy :roll: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

2.2. EUA Request for the Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine BNT162b2
Pfizer, in partnership with BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH, is developing a vaccine to prevent
COVID-19 which is based on the SARS-CoV-2 spike glycoprotein (S) antigen encoded by RNA
and formulated in lipid nanoparticles (LNP). The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (also
referred to as BNT162b2) is administered intramuscularly as a 2-dose series spaced 21 days
apart at a dose of 30 μg each. The vaccine is supplied as a multi-dose vial (5 doses) containing
a frozen suspension (-80°C to -60°C) of BNT162b2 that must be thawed and diluted with 1.8 mL
of sterile 0.9% sodium chloride, allowing for five 0.3 mL doses. The vaccine is preservative free.
A phase 3 randomized and placebo-controlled trial using BNT162b2 in approximately 44,000
participants is currently ongoing to evaluate the vaccine’s safety and efficacy. Vaccine efficacy
for the primary endpoint against confirmed COVID-19 occurring at least 7 days after the second
dose was 95.0% with 8 COVID-19 cases
in the vaccine group compared to 162 COVID-19
cases in the placebo group. Data from about 38,000 participants randomized 1:1 with a median
of 2 months of follow-up after the second dose of vaccine showed a favorable safety profile at a
dose of 30 μg in participants 16 years of age and older. On November 20, 2020, Pfizer and
BioNTech submitted an EUA request to FDA for its investigational COVID-19 vaccine
(BNT162b2) intended to prevent COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2

once again.....the FDA applications NEVER, ever, contained "less sick" or "reduced hospitalizations", etc. etc. Go ahead, prove us wrong
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Will look into it, thanks. My Achilles issue is where it attaches to the heel bone.

Just ordered one!
.....but YOUR doctor didn't mention it, so, at this point....you are just "ivermictining" your body aches.

what a nutjob.........using "my pillow" straps for ailments. Like using bee stings for stuff.....nutso.

carry on.......my family member has over 300 patients......what could go wrong :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: fuffg
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Talk about left field relativism
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"most everyone" :roll:

Nope, I explained quite thoroughly, or so I thought, that even if one was to assume the most negative proposition of intent, it still wasn't personally specific. At most it was an admonition that the choices we make impact beyond oneself to one's loved ones, "family".

Thus, no reason to get super exercised about it...but I also noted that none of us knows the exact personal situation of a fellow poster unless they have specifically revealed such, so it's certainly possible that someone could be especially sensitive for some reason unknown to others...and such should be respected, for sure. But that's not the same as Will Smith's admonition when things indeed got quite "personal"...though even more personal than the general public understood...but hmmm, still "too exercised", right?

But hey, mr policeman ;) , do you disagree that our individual choices around Covid mitigation can impact those around us, including our own family? Do you disagree with that, so feel the need to weigh in on my not paying close attention? Or do you agree, but that reminder is too offensive...??
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

incredible.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Hope everyone stays healthy going into the holiday season and exercises the appropriate caution for their circumstances, gets vaccinated as needed and is smart in their choices!
Typical Lax Dad

My unvaccinated life long friend has come down with COVID. He’s singing the blues but will be fine. His wife also has Covid but was vaccinated and is doing much better. I told him “I tried to tell you but you wouldn’t listen”…..he’s lucky he caught this strain which is less lethal. Has no reason for not being vaccinated beyond “people say…..”
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:29 pm My unvaccinated life long friend has come down with COVID. He’s singing the blues but will be fine. His wife also has Covid but was vaccinated and is doing much better. I told him “I tried to tell you but you wouldn’t listen”…..he’s lucky he caught this strain which is less lethal. Has no reason for not being vaccinated beyond “people say…..”
I just treat the vaxx as my chance to be like Jim Carroll and the mask as my chance to emulate Ghostface Killah.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Above my paygrade, but concerning.

mRNA has appeared to be found in the nucleic acid containments in DNA...with potential concerns.

Seems it was stated mRNA would break down before entering nucleic of DNA...the claim in the report indicates they have found the former to not be true.

~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:32 am Above my paygrade, but concerning.

mRNA has appeared to be found in the nucleic acid containments in DNA...with potential concerns.

Seems it was stated mRNA would break down before entering nucleic of DNA...the claim in the report indicates they have found the former to not be true.
Some info on that with references:

Residual DNA in COVID-19 mRNA vaccines is documented, isn’t associated with genome modification or cancer, contrary to claim by Robert Malone

Return to “POLITICS”