All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:24 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:18 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 amyeah, ok dude. i put up with your b.s. as it's a chat board. again, whatever. you're like no one i've ever met in the lacrosse world, and hopefully never will. talking to and about me is one thing. as u probably should know by now at your advanced or semi-advanced age but you don't somehow, speaking to someone's family is another. you're a pretty large sized coward to be pulling that ish behind an anonymous screen name.
you can eff off permanently.

COWARD !!! what a loser.
Fun stuff! I am literally wishing you and your family good health in the face of other people ignoring well established public health recommendations. Like, I seriously hope you are in good health?!! You seem a little unhinged in your response, that's weird. Why are you being weird about me wanting you to be healthy and safe?

Are you also gonna suggest my family members should give into sickness and kick the bucket like fattylax/rrr/nomdujour?
nice effort. you and i both know what's up here, and it's not "weird". i gave you an opportunity to mea culpa. hope you don't plan on engaging, in this fashion at a minmum... any longer. really low rent. have a great evening.
the original link........posted by some guy on the internet...as if true. and the usual lemmings act as if gospel.

hoping to run a 8 minute mile for turkey trot.........

excess deaths NOT a thing....especially in the young. Heart attacks are normal for 14 year olds.....fer sure.

fix stoopic
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am hoping to run a 8 minute mile for turkey trot.........
Good luck. Must be nice....been dealing with Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy for close to a year; frustrating.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:17 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:24 am nice effort. you and i both know what's up here, and it's not "weird". i gave you an opportunity to mea culpa. hope you don't plan on engaging, in this fashion at a minmum... any longer. really low rent. have a great evening.
What's up here? Genuine question? I don't post in a disingenuous "asking questions" manner. I called a spade a spade from the get go and stand by my observation of your posts. If it makes you uncomfortable and makes you resort to name calling, then that's on you my man.
once again, this is a really simple concept. do... not... invoke... my family... their health or otherwise.... in your trolling b.s. again. i could give 2 flying ***** about the rest of it, never have. you are what you are. i did not make up the name of coward for doing that ish behind a screen name... society did. something you should've learned already.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:11 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am hoping to run a 8 minute mile for turkey trot.........
Good luck. Must be nice....been dealing with Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy for close to a year; frustrating.
Luck? infused coffee and than one full preroll....all Durban poison.......is the only luck one needs.

when one replies "dealing with"......what does that entail?

try walking on the sides of your feet, ........one may look weird, but lots of simple lower leg stuff that works.

Try simple pointing of toes, windshield wiper.....blah blah blah......clearly, if still a problem, you really don't want to "fix it".....a year later. No excuses (as I type this, have legs straight out in front, rotating the ankles, toes, feet. You walk with your toes tight, or nice and spread out. Buy yourself some "Altra" brand shoes.........Lone 6 (if you can find them) or Lone 7. Better than the retarded PT and drug dealers fix. Willing to guess the MD's pushing pills :o :o :o

stretch on slope......oh....and walk backwards, again on a slope. remember, nothing to learn on the internet, even tho college IS on the internet ;)

wonder if tRumps fake shot still spews the 95% efficacy rate....like when tRump signed his EXec order in early December 2020. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: fuffg
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:11 am
Luck? infused coffee and than one full preroll....all Durban poison.......is the only luck one needs.

when one replies "dealing with"......what does that entail?

try walking on the sides of your feet, ........one may look weird, but lots of simple lower leg stuff that works.

Try simple pointing of toes, windshield wiper.....blah blah blah......clearly, if still a problem, you really don't want to "fix it".....a year later. No excuses (as I type this, have legs straight out in front, rotating the ankles, toes, feet. You walk with your toes tight, or nice and spread out. Buy yourself some "Altra" brand shoes.........Lone 6 (if you can find them) or Lone 7. Better than the retarded PT and drug dealers fix. Willing to guess the MD's pushing pills :o :o :o

stretch on slope......oh....and walk backwards, again on a slope. remember, nothing to learn on the internet, even tho college IS on the internet ;)

wonder if tRumps fake shot still spews the 95% efficacy rate....like when tRump signed his EXec order in early December 2020. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: fuffg
Thanks. Actually Dr. was not pushing pills, which was refreshing. Said no way was cortisone shot advisable. Been doing all those things you suggested, tried PT for a couple months...helped very little. Actually ended up with atrophy in the one calf from it. Almost back to normal size. Had sonogram where achillies attaches to heel (this insertional diag) and it was rather cloudy...should look fibrous. It's not uncommon to take a looong time to heal propely. I have been wearing Hoka's with an added pad in heal to take even pressure off achillies.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:42 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:24 am nice effort. you and i both know what's up here, and it's not "weird". i gave you an opportunity to mea culpa. hope you don't plan on engaging, in this fashion at a minmum... any longer. really low rent. have a great evening.
What's up here? Genuine question? I don't post in a disingenuous "asking questions" manner. I called a spade a spade from the get go and stand by my observation of your posts. If it makes you uncomfortable and makes you resort to name calling, then that's on you my man.
once again, this is a really simple concept. do... not... invoke... my family... their health or otherwise.... in your trolling b.s. again. i could give 2 flying ***** about the rest of it, never have. you are what you are. i did not make up the name of coward for doing that ish behind a screen name... society did. something you should've learned already.
Whoah!

You guys were really shouting at one another in the middle of the night???

wgdsr, I've been reading the post train of thought and I don't see what you got so exercised about re your family. Everyone makes those sorts of comments both rhetorically and specifically (if one knows the people) and there's no need, in this case, to take it so personally...IMO. It wasn't an ill wish to your family, was it? I don't read it that way, and certainly nattyboh responded that it wasn't intended as such. I don't see why he would...

I'm also going to respond to the original actual discussion as I don't understand what you're saying the data is saying differently than as described in the original article, so I'm also not sure what mea culpa you're demanding on that front either...but I may just be missing something.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:14 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:24 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:55 am More casualties of the anti-vaxx acceleration during COVID.

Measles deaths worldwide have increased dramatically thanks to a decline in vaccinations
File under: I told you this was coming. "Make polio great again". Well, at least I give the nutjobs credit for finally being consistent....if you don't trust the Covid vaccine, and don't believe in having the government or anyone else forcing you to take things, that obviously means you can't vaccinate your own kids...... because they can't consent.

Meet the consequences of this "reasoning". Oh well. Thin the herd, I guess, since it's impossible to put a good spin on this.

Since "some guy on the internet" is giving them medical advice, maybe they can help them with discounted funerals.

According to the report, measles cases increased 18% worldwide in 2022, with deaths from measles increasing a staggering 43% worldwide compared to the prior year. In 2022, the estimated number of measles cases was nine million, and deaths from those cases totaled 136,000. Those deaths were mainly of children.
looks like swings from the lockdown of covid. plus whatever effects in low income developing countries were evolving in those years. one thing for sure, that 43% number lòoks like it was pulled out of thin air.

thankfully for the good ole us of a, if there is any anti-vaxx spillover, it's in other countries. usa!!! usa!!!

happy holidays.
Well, the easy way to check is to see how the next couple of years work out. I'd like nothing more than to be wrong.

Happy Holidays to you!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:58 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:53 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:46 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:22 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:46 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:14 pm looks like swings from the lockdown of covid. plus whatever effects in low income developing countries were evolving in those years. one thing for sure, that 43% number lòoks like it was pulled out of thin air.

thankfully for the good ole us of a, if there is any anti-vaxx spillover, it's in other countries. usa!!! usa!!!

happy holidays.
Any appropriately random double blind studies supporting your assertion of the 43% increase was pulled out of thin air refuting the CDC study? Appropriate masks still aren't proven, right?

MMR vaccine needs more studies probably...

Happy Holidays, hope you keep your family healthy in this confined time!
here's mcpaper talking about your study, but including a graph from cdc via the who. sure looks like 2021 is more like 125k or so.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 622796007/

and as it turns out, it is:
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-shee ... 0in%202021

that graph also sure looks like this major bump is from hodling in place in 2020, and otherwise we're looking at pretty normal years. which btw, your study notes all time highs in mmr vaxx pre-pandemic... what's with that blowout in 2019 @ 200k+? that's explained by covid anti-vaxxers how, exactly?

nice attitude. my family's fine, hotshot.
So no sufficiently random studies then?

hodl?
you didn't deserve the first response giving you the numbers you
asked for, which is the cdc/who saying there wasn't some big bump in deaths that year. from your 1st to your last reply to me on this site, you've been 1000% wise ass sarcastic *****. guess it's your nature, whatever. in that context, explain to me then... what you meant by this:

Happy Holidays, hope you keep your family healthy in this confined time!
So no sufficiently random studies refuting the number?

What I meant? I truly hope you and your family stay healthy. Too many people out there ignoring basic proven safety precautions that are harming others.
yeah, ok dude. i put up with your b.s. as it's a chat board. again, whatever. you're like no one i've ever met in the lacrosse world, and hopefully never will. talking to and about me is one thing. as u probably should know by now at your advanced or semi-advanced age but you don't somehow, speaking to someone's family is another. you're a pretty large sized coward to be pulling that ish behind an anonymous screen name.
you can eff off permanently.

COWARD !!! what a loser.
Well said wgdsr! Totally uncalled for!

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:47 am
Whoah!

wgdsr, I've been reading the post train of thought and I don't see what you got so exercised about re your family. Everyone makes those sorts of comments both rhetorically and specifically (if one knows the people) and there's no need, in this case, to take it so personally...IMO. It wasn't an ill wish to your family, was it? I don't read it that way, and certainly nattyboh responded that it wasn't intended as such. I don't see why he would...

I'm also going to respond to the original actual discussion as I don't understand what you're saying the data is saying differently than as described in the original article, so I'm also not sure what mea culpa you're demanding on that front either...but I may just be missing something.
Of course you don't see it that way. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your too busy trying to defend behavior on this site that you can't even ascertain anymore is categorically wrong. I just don't understand it.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Be well.

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I’m going to butt my nose in here because I’ve experienced the same thing on these boards. Some folks are waaaay too casual in referring to family members. One thing they fail to consider is who the person or persons are. Ninety nine percent of the time they have no idea who they’re talking about. Beyond ignoring common decent respect for another in how the subject of another's family is broached—they have no idea whether that person or persons have met with tragedy or hardship or broken/dysfunctional relationships, etc. No consideration as to whether their comments are bringing up something tragic/painful.

And in this particular instance? To refer to another’s family in the context outsurrounding Covid? WAY over the line.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 pm I’m going to butt my nose in here because I’ve experienced the same thing on these boards. Some folks are waaaay too casual in referring to family members. One thing they fail to consider is who the person or persons are. Ninety nine percent of the time they have no idea who they’re talking about. Beyond ignoring common decent respect for another in how the subject of another's family is broached—they have no idea whether that person or persons have met with tragedy or hardship or broken/dysfunctional relationships, etc. No consideration as to whether their comments are bringing up something tragic/painful.

And in this particular instance? To refer to another’s family in the context outsurrounding Covid? WAY over the line.
You are 100% right! But there is a certain group of posters on this site that are only concerned with squashing those with opinions that don't fit within their narrow-minded narrative. If it means belittling, trivializing, shaming, ostracizing, you name it they will do it. It will never change. It's too bad, because the level of discussion could be at such a higher level if not for narrow-mindedness of a select few that dominate the conversation. Totally the opposite of reality...

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 pm I’m going to butt my nose in here because I’ve experienced the same thing on these boards. Some folks are waaaay too casual in referring to family members. One thing they fail to consider is who the person or persons are. Ninety nine percent of the time they have no idea who they’re talking about. Beyond ignoring common decent respect for another in how the subject of another's family is broached—they have no idea whether that person or persons have met with tragedy or hardship or broken/dysfunctional relationships, etc. No consideration as to whether their comments are bringing up something tragic/painful.

You are 100% right! But there is a certain group of posters on this site that are only concerned with squashing those with opinions that don't fit within their narrow-minded narrative. If it means belittling, trivializing, shaming, ostracizing, you name it they will do it. It will never change. It's too bad, because the level of discussion could be at such a higher level if not for narrow-mindedness of a select few that dominate the conversation. Totally the opposite of reality...

Joe
You are wrong.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:28 pm

Joe
You are wrong.
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Part of the problem. Be well.

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:47 am
Whoah!

Of course you don't see it that way. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your too busy trying to defend behavior on this site that you can't even ascertain anymore is categorically wrong. I just don't understand it.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Be well.

Joe
Enjoy your Thanksgiving? Be well? You seem to think that kind of language is inappropriate when some people post that, but then say it yourself. Then you support posters calling people losers and cowards. Weird.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and be well!
NattyBohChamps04

Is hoping family members stay happy and healthy ok?

Is hoping family members do well in various lacrosse games ok?

Is suggesting someone's father euthanasia themselves ok?

Personal attacks on specific family members have never been condoned in my experience.

There are very, very few specific attacks on individual family members here. Especially publically known family members. One of the benefits of an anonymous message board, we get to post with general lacrosse knowledge, even though we probably have a mutual or 10 mutual friends.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:48 pm

Personal attacks on specific family members have never been condoned in my experience.

There are very, very few specific attacks on individual family members here. Especially publically known family members. One of the benefits of an anonymous message board, we get to post with general lacrosse knowledge, even though we probably have a mutual or 10 mutual friends.
You are "wishing his family well" only to belittle his stance that doesn't fall within your narrow minded narrative. Anyone with an objective mind can easily see that. It's not genuine at all, its aimed at controlling the narrative and discussion.

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:52 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:48 pm

You are "wishing his family well" only to belittle his stance that doesn't fall within your narrow minded narrative. Anyone with an objective mind can easily see that. It's not genuine at all, its aimed at controlling the narrative and discussion.

Joe
What's my narrow minded narrative? What's his stance? Please expound.

Hoping his family well indeed for a great thanksgiving. Don't know if he has a husband, wife, any kids, or any family at all. Never met the guy (maybe a girl, but statistically probably a guy). But hoped they had a great thanksgiving in any capacity. Hope you did too!
NattyBohChamps04

20 year study (through June 2022, post COVID) finds Sudden Cardiac Death is declining in the USA. There's some info on myocarditis too. We're getting more informed as coaches, and the bad coaches are getting more exposed too.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161 ... 123.065908

I'm sure it won't meet the rigorous standards of some, but thought "I'd put it out there" as a scientific study. Happy to be a coward and a loser in doing so. Guess measles cases increases don't count if most of them are outside the USA. Idaho looking troublesome either way.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Joe
That’s it in a nutshell right there: agree with/keep your contrary opinions to yourself or prepare to be lectured at, insulted (which often includes, but is not limited to name-calling) and condescended to as being intellectually, educationally and/or morally inferior.

And then there's being corrected/instructed by one who seems to think they have the answers for everything and the proper perspective for all. The Self-Appointed Moderator.

"Here, here now Johnny--you're just not intelligent/experienced/educated enough to understand. But I'll lower myself to explain my...ahem...the way to properly understand this issue and how to better conduct/express yourself in general."

Bottom line: like a 5 foot long blanket won't cover one who is 6 feet tall--degrees from institutions of higher learning and a broad vocabulary are never effective to fully cover immaturity and/or childishness.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Let’s be real here everyone’s morality on these threads is all over the map. Everyone has been hypocritical at some point or another. Some acknowledge their mistakes, flaws Etc others act like their are built by MichaelAngelo. I can’t speak to meaning or intent here but I can say WG has accused me of things where he stated he knew what my intent was and it was actually not in fact they case but he refused to believe me as if he knew better. But do people toss around comments to gun win check with less stellar intention and sarcasm-yes.

Everyone making bold declarations and assuming they know the intent of others is making a massive leap of faith without any evidence (probably wrong 95% of the time) and signaling they know better about what’s in someone’s head than that actual person and that’s arrogance in the extreme and completely lost on some.

Why some hopped in who promised to avoid these threads and specifically looks to take shots at only a few people while calling everyone else narrow minded I don’t know. Same person gives advice to others to avoid this in the same breath.

It’s all goofy. I did see real questions that went unanswered in the original fight. The accuser clearly appears salty because he isn’t getting his way and we have observed (like many here) thats hes very high on his opinion of his own opinions.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”