Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 am Yup, understood. Not a flawless system with deadly consequences which we're okay with.
2A rules.
But not a locked in place system, one which can shift with time and testing through democratic processes.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:29 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 am Yup, understood. Not a flawless system with deadly consequences which we're okay with.
2A rules.
But not a locked in place system, one which can shift with time and testing through democratic processes.
Yes.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

No Charges After 3-Year-Old Boy Found Shot Dead At Lancaster Campground: DA

The boy died from an accidental single gunshot to his left eye at 8:07 p.m., authorities detailed.

Unfortunately every responsible gun owner is also human and makes mistakes.

Unfortunately a hefty chunk of the population are soft on people who fail to secure their weapons.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:17 pm No Charges After 3-Year-Old Boy Found Shot Dead At Lancaster Campground: DA

The boy died from an accidental single gunshot to his left eye at 8:07 p.m., authorities detailed.

Unfortunately a hefty chunk of the population are soft on people who fail to secure their weapons.
Any solutions?? We as a nation are soft as Charmin on most criminals. I think the parent in this instance already paid the price for being negligent. Anybody stupid enough to keep a loaded weapon around children is inviting this type of tragedy.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:35 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:17 pm No Charges After 3-Year-Old Boy Found Shot Dead At Lancaster Campground: DA

Any solutions?? We as a nation are soft as Charmin on most criminals. I think the parent in this instance already paid the price for being negligent. Anybody stupid enough to keep a loaded weapon around children is inviting this type of tragedy.
Was that gun an illegal gun or a legal gun?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:35 am

Was that gun an illegal gun or a legal gun?
Criminalize everything and everyone! That’s solves the problem.

I would note the conflict between “were soft on everyone” and then “well they’ve been punished enough” in the same breath in the post above yours. Classic. Now if he was an “inner city” teenager around Rochester then the chair is the answer.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Imagine thinking the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world is "soft on criminals" :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am Imagine thinking the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world is "soft on criminals" :lol:
He’d kill himself if he saw Danish prisons where you can literally borrow a car and leave for weekends..(at least that was true about 19yrs ago when I toured one)
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:49 am Imagine thinking the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world is "soft on criminals" :lol:
Yep. We are “soft on crime” and “for illegal guns and criminals but against legal guns”….
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/27/us/pales ... index.html

I guess he could have been in Gaza.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Try disaggregating the stats and tell us what you discover
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

See lots of folks use guns properly. You don’t shoot your girlfriend you just pistol whip then to get their attitudes worked out!

Scoop: Students for Trump Founder charged with aggravated assault

Lucille Sherman
The North Carolina-based Students for Trump co-founder Ryan Fournier is facing misdemeanor assault charges, law enforcement records obtained by Axios show.

Context: Fournier, who studied at Campbell University in Buies Creek, co-founded Students for Trump ahead of the 2016 election and now leads the group Radical Alert, which "exposes" radicals' hate that has "taken over American college campuses," according to its X bio.

Driving the news: According to the magistrate's order, Fournier, 27, was arrested in Johnston County last Tuesday and accused of assaulting the woman, identified as his girlfriend, by "grabbing her right arm and striking her in the forehead" with a handgun.

He was charged with domestic assault on a female and assault with a deadly weapon.
He posted bond later that evening and waived his right to an assigned attorney. His next hearing is scheduled for Dec. 18.
The victim suffered a minor injury, according to a police report.
A resident of Selma, North Carolina, Fournier also consulted for Republican Bo Hines' 2022 Congressional campaign, federal election records show.

Fournier did not immediately respond to Axios' requests for comment.

Editor's note: This story has been corrected to reflect that Campbell University is located in Buies Creek, not Raleigh.
NattyBohChamps04

OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:01 pm
That we have about the highest gun violence rates along with the highest incarceration rates in the world? That we have insane amounts of guns stolen? That we have abysmal mental health treatment. That we spend the most on education per capita with middling results? That we don't actually try to rehabilitate criminals?

What stats are you trying to say we suck at? Because we suck at a lot. And we're still better than a lot.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:05 pm
That we have about the highest gun violence rates along with the highest incarceration rates in the world? That we have insane amounts of guns stolen? That we have abysmal mental health treatment. That we spend the most on education per capita with middling results? That we don't actually try to rehabilitate criminals?

What stats are you trying to say we suck at? Because we suck at a lot. And we're still better than a lot.
You can't rehabilitate people that in reality don't want to be rehabilitated. If you have been a career lifelong criminal the concept of getting up at 6am and dragging your ass into work just is not some peoples cup of tea. The same principle holds true when trying to rehabilitate most drug addicts. When you pass the threshold of having been to 10 or more rehab facilities your chances of ever " getting it" grow dimmer and dimmer. I witnessed that personally in my own life.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:20 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:05 pm

You can't rehabilitate people that in reality don't want to be rehabilitated. If you have been a career lifelong criminal the concept of getting up at 6am and dragging your ass into work just is not some peoples cup of tea. The same principle holds true when trying to rehabilitate most drug addicts. When you pass the threshold of having been to 10 or more rehab facilities your chances of ever " getting it" grow dimmer and dimmer. I witnessed that personally in my own life.
Saw it once with some weak mind in the backyard and now understands the human condition.

Excellent!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oh what tangled webs we weave…

But open carry in a bar’s good, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/29/us/g ... hecks.html

“For Vera Cooper, the time had come to buy a gun.

In her mid-70s at the time and widowed several years earlier, she was already feeling vulnerable, living by herself. Then came the tipping point: The plumbing business that Ms. Cooper owns in the Florida Panhandle had to fire a worker, and he stormed out of the office, threatening vengeance.

At a nearby gun store, she settled on a .22 caliber pistol that “felt good in my hand.” Then came the problem. A question on the firearms transaction form she was required to complete asked whether she was an “unlawful user” of marijuana or any other drug categorized by the federal government as a controlled substance.”

And if I haven’t mentioned it recently, fcuk you, Antonin, you worthless POS. May you burn in your Paleolithic hlel, you ignorant, compromised cretin.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:11 am Oh what tangled webs we weave…

But open carry in a bar’s good, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/29/us/g ... hecks.html

“For Vera Cooper, the time had come to buy a gun.

In her mid-70s at the time and widowed several years earlier, she was already feeling vulnerable, living by herself. Then came the tipping point: The plumbing business that Ms. Cooper owns in the Florida Panhandle had to fire a worker, and he stormed out of the office, threatening vengeance.

At a nearby gun store, she settled on a .22 caliber pistol that “felt good in my hand.” Then came the problem. A question on the firearms transaction form she was required to complete asked whether she was an “unlawful user” of marijuana or any other drug categorized by the federal government as a controlled substance.”

And if I haven’t mentioned it recently, fcuk you, Antonin, you worthless POS. May you burn in your Paleolithic hlel, you ignorant, compromised cretin.

The irony is the state is the epicenter of the pill mill Industry and fairly open at that.

Worth the watch if you have time

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt19781504/

Had some indirect exposure to Perdue as I advised a fund run by this guy who’s family wealth came from selling their pharma firm to Perdue. He’s dead now, alcohol poisoning 2or so years ago. Former army ranger and grew up as well as you could. (Johnny Guerry)

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/in- ... ne-7125199

Return to “POLITICS”