Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:19 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:50 pm Haters…again. This is pathetic. Childish doesn’t even begin, my kid is a lot smarter than this.

I've been called that a few times on this forum. Most likely that's what you're referring to as what goes around comes around. Gee, you must have been been really upset at my getting repeatedly called POS though I cannot recall you saying anything about it. :lol:

Anyways, I'm still waiting for "proof" that the hospital is a command center, that Israeli babies were being beheaded, that Palestinian nurses suddenly adopted Israeli accents, and evidence that weapons were conveniently left behind in neat order so that it could be used as an excuse to bomb a hospital, to kill Palestinian children, and to justify ethnic cleansing. Your side is doing a great job of presenting such "proof". :lol:

Oh by the way, unlike your pal here I've called for adoption of that hostages-for-cease fire deal in order to save lives and hopefully bring peace. Do you?
Don’t recall you being called a POS. You are making up facts now because your assuming you know what I read or processed. There are a few I think may be POS here, I have different views of you. If you are
Thoughtful you’d understand my comment here was to get you to try to be more thoughtful yourself. Just dumping Internet and social media posts as proof and evidence just makes you like the MaGA dishonest brokers who flood the box and don’t think.

No I think the idea that you have a cease fire to hand over hostages is rewarding the bad behavior in the first place. But where we are different is that you recklessly toss bombs at everyone whereas mine are much more targeted and limited in their collateral damage. It’s clear you think a anything Hamas does is fine. That position is wild and I don’t support it in any way possible.

I will call you and out of touch advocate who clearly lives in a a self warming bubble culturally, generally rejects everything in postmodern society and I don’t see a heightened ability to synthesize information in a productive and positive manner. I find your profs to be intellectually massively flawed, lacking prof and just poor form heuristics that don’t work on smart people and you’re in a room where at least half the people are probably more open minded and thoughtful than you are.

Here’s a nugget for you thought. I disagree with GGaits hysterical
Response to you that there’s only Biden and every other option is stupid and anyone who’s guests otherwise is an jerk. He’s completely wrong on that and petty and kind of acting like a lifelong loser by taking approach. It’s vary narrow, small minded and binary and his response to you was every bit as bad as my worst output on these threads and yet he got a free pass- mainly because you kind of bring it on yourself so no one cares to step up anymore.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:05 am

Don’t recall you being called a POS. You are making up facts now because your assuming you know what I read or processed. There are a few I think may be POS here, I have different views of you. If you are
Thoughtful you’d understand my comment here was to get you to try to be more thoughtful yourself. Just dumping Internet and social media posts as proof and evidence just makes you like the MaGA dishonest brokers who flood the box and don’t think.

No I think the idea that you have a cease fire to hand over hostages is rewarding the bad behavior in the first place. But where we are different is that you recklessly toss bombs at everyone whereas mine are much more targeted and limited in their collateral damage. It’s clear you think a anything Hamas does is fine. That position is wild and I don’t support it in any way possible.

I will call you and out of touch advocate who clearly lives in a a self warming bubble culturally, generally rejects everything in postmodern society and I don’t see a heightened ability to synthesize information in a productive and positive manner. I find your profs to be intellectually massively flawed, lacking prof and just poor form heuristics that don’t work on smart people and you’re in a room where at least half the people are probably more open minded and thoughtful than you are.

Here’s a nugget for you thought. I disagree with GGaits hysterical
Response to you that there’s only Biden and every other option is stupid and anyone who’s guests otherwise is an jerk. He’s completely wrong on that and petty and kind of acting like a lifelong loser by taking approach. It’s vary narrow, small minded and binary and his response to you was every bit as bad as my worst output on these threads and yet he got a free pass- mainly because you kind of bring it on yourself so no one cares to step up anymore.

Don't recall me being called a POS? It's only happened a few times - I did not make that up as anyone can readily see. Furthermore, the Admin openly called for a cessation of this practice. I guess you are either very selective in your reading, willfully blind, or possessed of a tenuous grasp of reality at best.

Just for the record, while I have always had disagreements with pro war people on this forum and on LP, I have never called anyone a POS.

Don't support the cease fire deal on the grounds that it is reckless? As a short term remedy it is a better alternative to the current mess. I'm sure the hostages agree as do two thirds of the populace according to New Republic. Moreover, while Hamas has its shortcomings, Israeli Apartheid as shown in the links I have provided (which cite Human Rights Watch) is the cause of the current crisis. The world created a boycott against South Africa for its inhumanity against the black majority in that country. Yet today the world applies a different standard to Israel. This is a double standard. When you say "profs" I believe you mean "proofs", right? Do bear in mind most of them are from Jewish writers and all well reputed. While you are entitled to your opinion about the conclusions they reach in their research, I much prefer that you offer counterpoint to their views - not criticism and certainly not any attacks. If they are "wrong" prove them so - don't just criticize. I see nothing "flawed" in them. Absolutely nothing because there is nothing wrong with those sources. Any genuinely open minded person who examines the facts (as opposed to mere emotional ravings like so many of you on the Israeli side do) will readily agree.

Dunno which GGait response you are referring to. I've gotten hysterical replies from Fanny, Matnum, and Baddy which caused the Admin to intervene. Don't recall anyone else using pejoratives against anyone else here (I believe GG said "dumb and offensive" but did not use pejorative so far as I recall).

Whatever the case, as you can readily see from my posts, I always post links from reliable sources (most of which are written by Jewish scholars who approach the subject with rationality rather than emotionalism) so that the viewpoints are seconded by others. Aside from me questioning another's degree of rationality, you've never seen me call anyone a POS.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:05 am Don’t recall you being called a POS. You are making up facts now because your assuming you know what I read or processed.
Gaslighting. He's called posters here racists, fascists, and a whole raft of names, and now he's clutching pearls because other posters are returning fire.

He's like so many posters here who don't post honestly. He shows up pretending to just want peace. But again, like other posters here who just want their partisan side to break laws and do whatever they want, yet pretend to want law and order...... he blames the Israelis for everything, and wants them pushed into the sea. And then he pretends that everyone else here is a fascist if we don't want the same thing.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Gaslighting. He's called posters here racists, fascists, and a whole raft of names, and now he's clutching pearls because other posters are returning fire.

The same can readily be said about you with your attacks and name calling. On top of all that, you blame Palestinians for the problems when the vast majority of the world sees them as victims of Apartheid. Paid trolls sure are consistent in that regard. Only they "see" things so much differently than does the rest of the world.

Just remember, like it or not, we the VAST MAJORITY of people in this world rightfully side with the Palestinians. Not only throughout the world, but in the USA as well: https://libertarianinstitute.org/news/b ... el-policy/

That's right - we are the majority.

And note that once again, I back up what I say with FACTS [link provided]. Not with emotionalism.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 pm
The same can readily be said about you with your attacks and name calling.
:lol: Don't call me names, my man. All I'm doing is returning fire. You stop first. You've called people here every name in the book when you don't get your way. You're a toddler.

Want to be treated like a big boy? Act like one. I'm more than happy to be polite.

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 pm On top of all that, you blame Palestinians for the problems when the vast majority of the world sees them as victims of Apartheid
Nope. No one here has done that. You're, as usual, making sh(t up because we don't agree with you.

You want to blame the entire conflict on Israel. Sorry mate, it's not all on them.

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 pm Just remember, like it or not, we the VAST MAJORITY of people in this world rightfully side with the Palestinians.
Nope. What folks want is a cease fire. You and your delusions take that to mean that everyone wants to push the Jewish people into the sea.

Nope.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Well Sweetheart, you'll have to do your own fighting as all the polls show we, the vast majority, oppose your war.

a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:30 pm Well Sweetheart, you'll have to do your own fighting as all the polls show we, the vast majority, oppose your war.
Sigh. So you want to keep up the toddler gaslighting. Sooper-dooper.

It's HILARIOUS that you "argue" the same way that every BAMN member I've ever met has......building strawmen, and then yelling at people for stuff they never said.

You're a mark. A sucker. Too out of it to understand that Hamas and Iran have no interest in anything but using Palestinians as pawns so that there is NEVER peace in this region.

So they provoke Israel over and over and over so that Israel hits back, making peace impossible. More walls. More fences. Then rocket attacks and bombings. More walls. More fences. Rinse. Repeat.

You fall for it, and enable it. Hamas leaders are sucking down Chablis in Qatar, laughing at you. Be smarter, my man. You're too old and experienced to be this lost.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:35 pm ... Too out of it to understand that Hamas and Iran have no interest in anything but using Palestinians as pawns so that there is NEVER peace in this region.

So they provoke Israel over and over and over so that Israel hits back, making peace impossible. More walls. More fences. Then rocket attacks and bombings. More walls. More fences. Rinse. Repeat.

You fall for it, and enable it. Hamas leaders are sucking down Chablis in Qatar, laughing at you. Be smarter, my man. You're too old and experienced to be this lost.

Quite the contrary Fanny, it's you who is the sucker who lacks the sense to realize we who oppose your intervention to support Israeli Apartheid are the MAJORITY and our numbers are increasing every day. This has been confirmed by NBC and by Fox which represent both sides of the political aisle. There is no question now that your war is a losing proposition for Biden and will ultimately for the USA as it will bring back tRump.

But I guess that this in your delusionalism is what you really want.

a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:42 pm Quite the contrary Fanny, it's you who is the sucker who lacks the sense to realize we who oppose your intervention to support Israeli Apartheid are the MAJORITY and our numbers are increasing every day. This has been confirmed by NBC and by Fox which represent both sides of the political aisle. There is no question now that your war is a losing proposition for Biden and will ultimately for the USA as it will bring back tRump.

:lol: So now you're telling us that you're so stupid, you believe that a poll that wants a ceasefire is the same thing as wanting your One State solution where the Jewish people leave Israel.

Are you really this stupid?

And I love how you keep claiming that anyone that doesn't have your exact opinion, wants war. Keep it up. Maybe its bedtime, and mommy needs to tuck you in.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:56 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:42 pm Quite the contrary Fanny, it's you who is the sucker who lacks the sense to realize we who oppose your intervention to support Israeli Apartheid are the MAJORITY and our numbers are increasing every day. This has been confirmed by NBC and by Fox which represent both sides of the political aisle. There is no question now that your war is a losing proposition for Biden and will ultimately for the USA as it will bring back tRump.

:lol: So now you're telling us that you're so stupid, you believe that a poll that wants a ceasefire is the same thing as wanting your One State solution where the Jewish people leave Israel.

Are you really this stupid?

And I love how you keep claiming that anyone that doesn't have your exact opinion, wants war. Keep it up. Maybe its bedtime, and mommy needs to tuck you in.

No honeybunch, it's you who is stupid. I did not equate the one state solution with today's majority opinion though I would not dismiss the possibility that maybe, just maybe, people might see this as the exclusive solution some day. Hopefully they will become open minded enough to do so but I won't hold my breath until it happens. So stop soiling your diapers, take your sedatives (but don't overdose especially if you've been hitting the bottle), watch a soap opera, and kiss your teddy bear good nite.

And do remember that we who oppose further intervention there are the majority. That's because we are more intelligent than you, want an end to all winless wars, and want to stop giving corporate welfare to military industrial complex elitists who profit from American blood. So that if tRump goes back into power it's your crowd that is responsible for the shttt that follows.

a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:15 pm And do remember that we who oppose further intervention there are the majority.
:lol: So now you want Israel and Palestine to figure it out by themselves, without anyone else involved...."intervening"?

Brilliant. Let's do that. See what happens, Brookie.

Recall, before you threw your temper tantrum, that I'm the only person on the Forum who wants all of our troops out of any country that we don't have a Senate Ratified Treaty with......arms and money, too. And yep, that includes Israel. Taiwan and Ukraine, too.

But you're so busy telling anyone who doesn't want to drive the Jewish people into the sea that they are Warmongers....you don't even notice.

Keep it up. You're doing a great job.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

you're so busy telling anyone who doesn't want to drive the Jewish people into the sea that they are Warmongers

Do yourself a favor and stop projecting your anger and childish emotionalism to me. It's only too obvious who is whining here.

Funny how warmongers like you still insist that democratization constitutes hatred for Jews. And how you continue to fail to prove your claim that anybody wants Jews to be put out to the sea.

As I have posted before, Israel claims to be a democracy. But as shown in my links (most of which are written by Jewish scholars who are far more informed than you) which you hate but for which you have no valid refutation, Israel fails to adhere to its own biblical mandates. It claims to be sanctioned by Levitical Law. But refuses to obey the mandate of treating everyone equally. The same Bible which they refuse to live by specifically says it will punish the entire nation for refusing to treat the poor equally (Book of Amos). This is one of many reasons why Orthodox Jews (as well as so many Progressive Jews) condemn the Zionist government. It's just too bad that you cannot set aside your prejudices and hostilities against Palestinians so that you could see who is in the wrong here.

Whatever the case, nothing in the USA Constitution compels us to solve their problems for them. These are problems they can settle for themselves if they wish to do so. As the headlines show, polls now say they need to do so without our intervention. Failure to recognize that is what is going to bring tRump back into the White Wash House.

a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:02 pm Funny how warmongers like you still insist that democratization constitutes hatred for Jews. And how you continue to fail to prove your claim that anybody wants Jews to be put out to the sea.
So....even though I'm on board with not arming anyone we don't have a treaty with, you're still gonna call me a warmonger. Neat. How's that extremism workin' out for ya Brookie?

:lol: We've been over this. How many Jewish people are their living in Democratic Egypt, buddy? None. Not one.

And what you're telling us is: ignore that fact, and let the Muslim majority rule Israel, it will all work out just fine for the Jewish people.

And you're serious about that.

The Jewish scholars want to live a life according to the letter of the scriptures. That's hardcore, and I respect that. But you're not asking them the next question: what will happen if Israel does what he's suggesting? Ask him if he's ok if the Muslim majority invokes Sharia Law, and pushes them out?

He'll tell you that he is ok with that. Which is admirable. He's willing to let the Jewish people get wiped out, so long as they hold to their religous principles. But his fellow Israelis disagree with him, Brookie, and have different principles.
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:02 pm Whatever the case, nothing in the USA Constitution compels us to solve their problems for them. These are problems they can settle for themselves if they wish to do so. As the headlines show, polls now say they need to do so without our intervention. Failure to recognize that is what is going to bring tRump back into the White Wash House.
What you are telling us here is: stop all aid to Palestine. Stop all aid to Israel. End all diplomatic talks over their problems, and let Israel and Palestine figure it out. That's what you want?

You really don't understand what will happen if we do that, do you?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice of Houthi to seize a ship and take hostages.

https://maritime-executive.com/article/ ... -hijacking

Biden reversed Trump order to deem them a terror org.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-do ... 8bd09e9f64
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hindsight is always 20/20. Perhaps circumstances have changed and policy can always be reversed

Wonder why Ike Carrier group did not leave some assets in the Red Sea when it went on to the Arabian Sea on station. Especially given the previous experience with missile and drone interceptions by an USN Destroyer recently.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just to interject a little nothingness here, to call a fan a warmonger is like saying Sophia Vagara got no titts. Jus' sayin'.
Carry on.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:19 pm Nice of Houthi to seize a ship and take hostages.

>> President Donald Trump’s administration had branded the Iranian-backed Houthis as a foreign terrorist organization, a move that limited the provision of aid to the beleaguered Yemeni people, who have suffered under a yearslong civil war and famine.

A State Department official confirmed the move Friday after members of Congress were notified of the administration’s plans. The official, who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the removal changed nothing about the Biden administration’s views of the Houthis, who have targeted civilians and kidnapped Americans.<<

You probably didn’t read the article you linked….at least it’s truthful.

Trump sided with the Taliban
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:19 pm Nice of Houthi to seize a ship and take hostages.

>> President Donald Trump’s administration had branded the Iranian-backed Houthis as a foreign terrorist organization, a move that limited the provision of aid to the beleaguered Yemeni people, who have suffered under a yearslong civil war and famine.

A State Department official confirmed the move Friday after members of Congress were notified of the administration’s plans. The official, who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the removal changed nothing about the Biden administration’s views of the Houthis, who have targeted civilians and kidnapped Americans.<<

Labeling them a terror org would have stopped them from this though. Because those groups don't do these kind of things once you officially label them.

We labeled Hamas a terrorist group and they've done nothing bad recently, right?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:28 pm

Labeling them a terror org would have stopped them from this though. Because those groups don't do these kind of things once you officially label them.

We labeled Hamas a terrorist group and they've done nothing bad recently, right?
Pirates don’t pirate once you label them.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:32 pm Pirates don’t pirate once you label them.
I wish terrorists followed suit. They keep doing it even when they self-label.

Return to “POLITICS”