2024 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
DU-fan

Re: 2024 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by DU-fan »

PATalk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:28 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:00 am So far 16/23 picks have been FR, 14/20 in Rd 1.

Wonder how that compares with prior years which maybe I’ll check later.
Only two middies in top ten which is consistent with midfielder HS to college transition but considering how valuable midfield depth is in this league seemingly it’s a little surprising.
Last year was unique and won't be a good comparison because of Harvard and Villanova. Prior years will work better for comparison.
It is hard to compare year over year. Because we could pick from Harvard and Villanova last year, there were more returning players selected. Which means some rosters have the need to bring in even more freshman for the future because they got weighted with too many seniors and graduates. I think COVID years adds to older rosters. Every owner has different needs and draft strategy varies. Same goes for the need for attack vs. middie.
Last edited by DU-fan on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:29 am 16/23 sounds a little low. But just a little. Coaches seem to like new, shiny objects.
I often draft a known quantity round 1 (unlike most folk) just because many freshman don’t pan out how you think, especially outside the top 5, and I’m rarely picking that high in the list. The only time I had an earlier pick I took Brandau because he was obvious.
Then you can take freshman gambles in later rounds and some pan out super well.. got Mullins and Carraway late draft as freshman and they have probs been my best 2 players ever (maybe alongside Brandau).

Even more chances to pick up players in Jr and Sr years now and have them still be viable because many do post grads and get 5th years now.

It also depends on the coach mentality.. some like to build for future years, some like to try and win now and suffer for a year or two after.
Last edited by Uklax on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

DU-fan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:00 am So far 16/23 picks have been FR, 14/20 in Rd 1.

Only two middies in top ten which is consistent with midfielder HS to college transition but considering how valuable midfield depth is in this league seemingly it’s a little surprising.
Last year was unique and won't be a good comparison because of Harvard and Villanova. Prior years will work better for comparison.
It is hard to compare year over year. Because we could pick from Harvard and Villanova last year, there were more returning players selected. Which means some rosters have the need to bring in freshman for the future. Every owner has different needs and draft strategy varies. Same goes for the need for attack vs. middie.
Literally beat me to the same point about owners needs haha
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is hard to compare year over year. Because we could pick from Harvard and Villanova last year, there were more returning players selected. Which means some rosters have the need to bring in even more freshman for the future because they got weighted with too many seniors and graduates. I think COVID years adds to older rosters. Every owner has different needs and draft strategy varies. Same goes for the need for attack vs. middie.
Generally agreed but there’s always going to be unique variable going into it year over year. Should still be able to draw some conclusions. Also a lot of owner turnover as well changing philosophies and biases.

And FR classes aren’t all equal.

Still interesting to take in and observe periodically.

Think the reality of A vs M has to do with the specific statistics used for scoring. Attack is the glory like linebackers while the middies are like linemen who create the opportunities.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Generally agreed but there’s always going to be unique variable going into it year over year. Should still be able to draw some conclusions. Also a lot of owner turnover as well changing philosophies and biases.

Think the reality of A vs M has to do with the specific statistics used for scoring. Attack is the glory like linebackers while the middies are like linemen who create the opportunities.
When can you pick? Wondering if will drop to me before end of day in uk
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Uklax wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Keep in mind it’s technically Juniors team and I am his consigliere. It will be in but you may be in bed by then. The kid is doing church stuff so will be an hour or two after he gets home. We won’t get jumped but I’m not sure when he will be back and if he has anything that has to happen before this but given schools out now for thanksgiving I think it’ll be within an hour or so of when he gets back.

Will do my beat in consideration of your time zone difference best I can but I’m not making the pick without him even if we both have the various lists.

Honestly didn’t think we’d blow through Keoni this quick. Do understand your challenges I have a social media content platform client over in London and constantly figuring out schedules via WhatsApp.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:27 pm
Uklax wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Keep in mind it’s technically Juniors team and I am his consigliere. It will be in but you may be in bed by then. The kid is doing church stuff so will be an hour or two after he gets home. We won’t get jumped but I’m not sure when he will be back and if he has anything that has to happen before this but given schools out now for thanksgiving I think it’ll be within an hour or so of when he gets back.

Will do my beat in consideration of your time zone difference best I can but I’m not making the pick without him even if we both have the various lists.

Honestly didn’t think we’d blow through Keoni this quick. Do understand your challenges I have a social media content platform client over in London and constantly figuring out schedules via WhatsApp.
Oh I wasn’t trying to apply pressure, just wondered whether to pay attention or not but probably wont based on the plans laid out there.

Yeah defo don’t pick without him
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PATalk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:04 pm Drafting is a hit or miss endeavor. Some of the coaches are very close to the players and certain teams. Talent evaluation and year to year roster construction are very important.

We benefit from having two sets of eyes and every pick is debated. We had Hunter Chauvette targeted before the draft began, but got torn over Matt Traynor also being available which never should have been.

4 years versus 2 years of a seemingly sure production.

Better pick ? Time will tell.
Traynor was #1 on my board. He didn’t fall to me but he was a possibility.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgenevajunior

Post by Farfromgenevajunior »

Add Jackson Greene M Harvard Fr

Drop Joe Cesare M Georgetown So
:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D
harrisoncoburn

Post by harrisoncoburn »

Add Christian Mule, A/M, Syracuse, 5Y SR

Drop Sam Handley, SR, A/M Penn
harrisoncoburn

Post by harrisoncoburn »

Meant to list him as just an A, sorry
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

harrisoncoburn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:23 pm Add Christian Mule, A/M, Syracuse, 5Y SR

Zawada, now Mule hmmmm along with holdovers O'Niell and Bundy looks like all in to me
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PATalk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:45 pm
harrisoncoburn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:23 pm Add Christian Mule, A/M, Syracuse, 5Y SR

Zawada, now Mule hmmmm along with holdovers O'Niell and Bundy looks like all in to me
My concern w Duke and Cuse is an overload at talent where there’ll be solid men out. But wondered when Mule would go off the board. He was originally heading to Duke before changing to Lehigh.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Pick # Team -
1 1.1 Maddog McCabe Millon FR A UVA
2 1.2 GreenieLax Jack Boyden SR A UVA
3 1.3 girlsdoitbetter Nate Kabiri FR A Princeton
4 1.4 ChopSticks Stephen Avery SR M Denver
5 1.5 Matnum PI Aidan McLane JR A/M Brown
6 1.6 GenghiskhanBluejay Owen Duffy FR A UNC
7 1.7 DU-Fan Kyle Lehman FR A PSU
8 1.8 Lax1 Colin Burns FR A Princeton
9 1.9 OCanada Brock Behrman FR A Notre Dame
10 1,10 NJLaxx11 Leo Hoffman FR M UPenn
11 1.11 NC Lax Willem Firth FR A Cornell
12 1.12 FCALax Trey Deere FR A Syracuse
13 1.13 PA Talk Hunter Chauvette FR A JHU
14 1.14 CalLaxDad Jimmy Ayers FR A JHU
15 1.15 UK Lax Matt Traynor JR M PSU
16 1.16 harrisoncoburn Josh Zawada SR A Duke
17 1.17 Farfromgeneva Colin Kurdyla FR M Rutgers
18 1.18 Keoni007 Thomas Greenblatt SR M OSU
19 1.19 Typical Lax Dad Benn Johnston FR M Duke
20 1,20 ohmilax34 Peter Moynihan FR A Yale
21 2.1 ohmilax34 Grayson McClements FR A UPenn
22 2.2 Typical Lax Dad Gunnar Fellows SO A Army
23 2.3 Keoni007 AJ Nikolic FR M Cornell
24 2.4 Farfromgeneva Jackson Greene FR M Harvard
25 2.5 harrisoncoburn Christian Mule SR A Syracuse
26 2.6 UK Lax
27 2.7 CalLaxDad
28 2.8 PA Talk
29 2.9 FCALax
30 2,10 NC Lax
31 2.11 NJLaxx11
32 2.12 OCanada
33 2.13 Lax1
34 2.14 DU-Fan
35 2.15 GenghiskhanBluejay
36 2.16 Matnum PI
37 2.17 ChopSticks
38 2.18 girlsdoitbetter
39 2.19 GreenieLax
40 2,20 Maddog
41 2.21 Maddog
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

As they mostly seem to be intact from last year (except goalie graduation) then i'm going to draft:

Army D

UK Lax

Brady Kurdyla A So Rutgers
Carson Kuhl A/M Jr Yale
Paul Garza M SO Navy
Matteo Corsi Jr A/M Brown
Eric Spanos R-SO A/M UMD
Henry Tolker JR A Navy
Matt Brandau Gr-SR A Yale
Gabe Furey M Sr Penn
Garett degnon A Gr-Sr JHU
Matt Traynor PSU A/M Jr
Space
Space
Space
Army D
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Pick # Team -
1 1.1 Maddog McCabe Millon FR A UVA
2 1.2 GreenieLax Jack Boyden SR A UVA
3 1.3 girlsdoitbetter Nate Kabiri FR A Princeton
4 1.4 ChopSticks Stephen Avery SR M Denver
5 1.5 Matnum PI Aidan McLane JR A/M Brown
6 1.6 GenghiskhanBluejay Owen Duffy FR A UNC
7 1.7 DU-Fan Kyle Lehman FR A PSU
8 1.8 Lax1 Colin Burns FR A Princeton
9 1.9 OCanada Brock Behrman FR A Notre Dame
10 1,10 NJLaxx11 Leo Hoffman FR M UPenn
11 1.11 NC Lax Willem Firth FR A Cornell
12 1.12 FCALax Trey Deere FR A Syracuse
13 1.13 PA Talk Hunter Chauvette FR A JHU
14 1.14 CalLaxDad Jimmy Ayers FR A JHU
15 1.15 UK Lax Matt Traynor JR M PSU
16 1.16 harrisoncoburn Josh Zawada SR A Duke
17 1.17 Farfromgeneva Colin Kurdyla FR M Rutgers
18 1.18 Keoni007 Thomas Greenblatt SR M OSU
19 1.19 Typical Lax Dad Benn Johnston FR M Duke
20 1,20 ohmilax34 Peter Moynihan FR A Yale
21 2.1 ohmilax34 Grayson McClements FR A UPenn
22 2.2 Typical Lax Dad Gunnar Fellows SO A Army
23 2.3 Keoni007 AJ Nikolic FR M Cornell
24 2.4 Farfromgeneva Jackson Greene FR M Harvard
25 2.5 harrisoncoburn Christian Mule SR A Syracuse
26 2.6 UK Lax Army Defense
27 2.7 CalLaxDad
28 2.8 PA Talk
29 2.9 FCALax
30 2,10 NC Lax
31 2.11 NJLaxx11
32 2.12 OCanada
33 2.13 Lax1
34 2.14 DU-Fan
35 2.15 GenghiskhanBluejay
36 2.16 Matnum PI
37 2.17 ChopSticks
38 2.18 girlsdoitbetter
39 2.19 GreenieLax
40 2,20 Maddog
41 2.21 Maddog

UK, given your team, that is a really solid move.
Last edited by nclaxin on Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nclaxin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 am Pick # Team -
27 2.7 CalLaxDad
28 2.8 PA Talk
29 2.9 FCALax
30 2,10 NC Lax
31 2.11 NJLaxx11
Tuesday, at 3:46 am est, PAtalk can pass CalLax.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

nclaxin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 am
UK, given your team, that is a really solid move.
Thanks, I already have a starting Attack, so the debate was pan for next years, bolster the middies or go defence. Ive got 3-4 playing middies although not many of them hit big numbers but defence just seemed smarter at this stage to push for another top 8 ranking.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Plus they’ll have some nice point games probably against the bottom of PL where that D may kick in 4-6pts a few times.

UMass Army this year may look like an Iowa vs Iowa football game.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

I'm queued up and ready to go!

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”