Relax77

Re: Recruiting

Post by Relax77 »

http://iwlcarecruiting.com/wp-content/ ... s_11_7.pdf

Listed College coaches at Presidents Cup
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:18 am http://iwlcarecruiting.com/wp-content/ ... s_11_7.pdf

Many notable names missing.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:27 am
Relax77 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:18 am http://iwlcarecruiting.com/wp-content/ ... s_11_7.pdf

Many notable names missing.
Names will get added as registration is taken care of. Presidents Cup will remain as one of the best recruiting events overall. Coaches will still attend due to the IWLCA Conference taking place.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:05 pm Anyone looking at staying in the AZ area asking about the paucity of groundwater in 10 years or so?
Read and heed AZ considerers, my fortune in my fortune cookie from the Chinese buffet today.
We never know the worth of water til the well is dry.
Jus' sayin'.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Super excited to head to Jersey with a game time temp of 32 tomorrow morning. 🤦🏻‍♂️
njbill

Post by njbill »

Diamond Nation or New Egypt? Diamond Nation is the first place I ever saw those little plastic pods. They looked ridiculous, but, boy, did they look warm.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

njbill wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:02 pm Diamond Nation or New Egypt? Diamond Nation is the first place I ever saw those little plastic pods. They looked ridiculous, but, boy, did they look warm.
New Egypt.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

The dust has settled in regards to major commitments. More information is starting to come out. and i have to say..my expectations for Clemson as program has changed. Initially i was thinking in 3-4 years, maybe they'll be a perennial top 25 team. Scratch that. I think they may be a legit final four contender by then. The momentum this program has is insane. Whatever they're selling it's working. Almost every top recruit was looking at Clemson hard. And for those who committed elsewhere,Clemson was second or third on their lists. If they have a good season next year, it'll be even sooner.

I really like the aggressive approach Clemson is taking of going all in on WLAX from the coaching staff to the athletic director. Recruits are taking notice as well. That coupled with the top notch facilities Clemson has all the tools. It'll be hard in the ACC but i see them overtaking Duke quite easily and battling Notre Dame for the number 3 spot
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 pm The dust has settled in regards to major commitments. More information is starting to come out. and i have to say..my expectations for Clemson as program has changed. Initially i was thinking in 3-4 years, maybe they'll be a perennial top 25 team. Scratch that. I think they may be a legit final four contender by then.
Okay, pump the breaks. They've had one decent year and some good recruiting. Final four contender in THREE OR FOUR YEARS? Who would they be displacing for that to happen? The list of teams that could legitimately be considered final four contenders in that near of a future is very short, and four or five of the spots on that list seem to be pretty set. While we've seen teams rise through the ranks that quickly in the past, it's much more difficult to do that now because the landscape of the sport has changed so much. There are a lot more talented teams out there these days, and it takes more than recruiting momentum and nice facilities to reach the top of the sport. Those recruits have to play well together and win a lot of games against the top teams, which they haven't demonstrated they can do just yet.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 pm The dust has settled in regards to major commitments. More information is starting to come out. and i have to say..my expectations for Clemson as program has changed. Initially i was thinking in 3-4 years, maybe they'll be a perennial top 25 team. Scratch that. I think they may be a legit final four contender by then. The momentum this program has is insane. Whatever they're selling it's working. Almost every top recruit was looking at Clemson hard. And for those who committed elsewhere,Clemson was second or third on their lists. If they have a good season next year, it'll be even sooner.

I really like the aggressive approach Clemson is taking of going all in on WLAX from the coaching staff to the athletic director. Recruits are taking notice as well. That coupled with the top notch facilities Clemson has all the tools. It'll be hard in the ACC but i see them overtaking Duke quite easily and battling Notre Dame for the number 3 spot

Don’t know about final four but top 10 in 3-4 years, I would agree. They just need to make a harder schedule and then yes. Their facilities are spectacular, the coaching staff is great and seems reliable. They just finished their new field right off the water. It is going to be phenomenal when they are done. Fully backed by the AD. My daughter gets shoes and backpacks and sweats at Christmas. These kids got iPads and air macs. 😁
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:34 am Don’t know about final four but top 10 in 3-4 years, I would agree. They just need to make a harder schedule and then yes. Their facilities are spectacular, the coaching staff is great and seems reliable. They just finished their new field right off the water. It is going to be phenomenal when they are done. Fully backed by the AD. My daughter gets shoes and backpacks and sweats at Christmas. These kids got iPads and air macs. 😁
Field looks great, just wish they went grass!
bolt75

Post by bolt75 »

Has anyone done any deep dives on which coaches are doing the best job at schools that don't attract the A list talent? Who is or has found hidden talent and/or developed their players? Which programs have either made their way steadily up the rankings or taken big leaps in just a few seasons?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

bolt75 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am Has anyone done any deep dives on which coaches are doing the best job at schools that don't attract the A list talent? Who is or has found hidden talent and/or developed their players? Which programs have either made their way steadily up the rankings or taken big leaps in just a few seasons?
You don't really have to do much of a deep dive. Just look at the history of Northwestern and how they started as a program about 20 years ago--plenty has been written about it. The coach they had who took two college freshmen who had never played lacrosse and then turned them into All American national champions by the end of their senior year is the same coach they have now.

Madison Taylor was not even ranked in the top 50 of IL Women's incoming freshmen. After last year, does anyone think there were 50 kids in that freshmen class who were better than her?
bolt75

Post by bolt75 »

ultravisitor wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:42 am
bolt75 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am Has anyone done any deep dives on which coaches are doing the best job at schools that don't attract the A list talent? Who is or has found hidden talent and/or developed their players? Which programs have either made their way steadily up the rankings or taken big leaps in just a few seasons?
You don't really have to do much of a deep dive. Just look at the history of Northwestern and how they started as a program about 20 years ago--plenty has been written about it. The coach they had who took two college freshmen who had never played lacrosse and then turned them into All American national champions by the end of their senior year is the same coach they have now.

Madison Taylor was not even ranked in the top 50 of IL Women's incoming freshmen. After last year, does anyone think there were 50 kids in that freshmen class who were better than her?
More interested in what programs currently that are making their way up the ranks. Programs that in the last 5 years were ranked 40 - 70 that have now climbed up to the 20s - 30s. Also curious how long it takes to make the jump from a 20s-30s program to a top 10-15 program and who has done it. Those coaches deserve some high praise for sure.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

bolt75 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:48 am

More interested in what programs currently that are making their way up the ranks. Programs that in the last 5 years were ranked 40 - 70 that have now climbed up to the 20s - 30s. Also curious how long it takes to make the jump from a 20s-30s program to a top 10-15 program and who has done it. Those coaches deserve some high praise for sure.

Coastal Carolina has the turned it around since they hired Whitten. She took over ranked near 100. Went to 78. Last year they ended up 55. Should make it in the 40s this. But I think the biggest one recently would be Army. Since Michele T took over different team.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:54 am

Coastal Carolina has the turned it around since they hired Whitten. She took over ranked near 100. Went to 78. Last year they ended up 55. Should make it in the 40s this. But I think the biggest one recently would be Army. Since Michele T took over different team.
Tim McCormack completely turned around ASU as well
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

ultravisitor wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:42 am Madison Taylor was not even ranked in the top 50 of IL Women's incoming freshmen. After last year, does anyone think there were 50 kids in that freshmen class who were better than her?
Remarkable player right out of the gate. Poise and killer instinct finishing ability in abundance. She'll be even more dangerous in '24. Big Three of Scane, Coykendall and Taylor not a reach.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:54 am

Coastal and Army are great choices here. Looking at recruiting for both programs, it appears that they are both on the upswing. Crazy having an exciting Army team!
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

ultravisitor wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:27 am
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 pm The dust has settled in regards to major commitments. More information is starting to come out. and i have to say..my expectations for Clemson as program has changed. Initially i was thinking in 3-4 years, maybe they'll be a perennial top 25 team. Scratch that. I think they may be a legit final four contender by then.
Okay, pump the breaks. They've had one decent year and some good recruiting. Final four contender in THREE OR FOUR YEARS? Who would they be displacing for that to happen? The list of teams that could legitimately be considered final four contenders in that near of a future is very short, and four or five of the spots on that list seem to be pretty set. While we've seen teams rise through the ranks that quickly in the past, it's much more difficult to do that now because the landscape of the sport has changed so much. There are a lot more talented teams out there these days, and it takes more than recruiting momentum and nice facilities to reach the top of the sport. Those recruits have to play well together and win a lot of games against the top teams, which they haven't demonstrated they can do just yet.
I have to agree about pumping the breaks on Clemson. The new kid is always the Cinderella program, Look at the startups at Colorado, USC, Florida, they were all going to the final 4 within the 1st 4 years. After the bloom faded, only Florida came close. Respectable programs but not world beaters.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

NULax2 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:56 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:27 am
I have to agree about pumping the breaks on Clemson. The new kid is always the Cinderella program, Look at the startups at Colorado, USC, Florida, they were all going to the final 4 within the 1st 4 years. After the bloom faded, only Florida came close. Respectable programs but not world beaters.
Ditto. It’s really hard to break into top 20 on a consistent basis. Even harder to be perennial top 10. Top 5 even harder. Clemson is hot right now…but it’s in a remote part of South Carolina. Long trip to drive there or fly. If football team continues to falter, not sure Clemson stays as hot. Academically it’s not Florida or unc or bc or duke or uva or Maryland or vatech or northwestern or Syracuse. Location near hotbeds isn’t Loyola, stony Brook, uconn, umass, or even JMU.

Great facilities, great awareness from football success, great coach has helped them launch with buzz….but they have some real structural issues that will work against them being a long term lacrosse power.

My two cents!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”