Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by Brooklyn »

just a few videos on the army's inability to recruit nowadays:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... h+recruits

Since so many of you are hellbent on having another war, here is your opportunity to solve the problem. I challenge any and all pro war types here to man up and enlist. If any of that garbage overseas is worth dying for, then it's worth it for YOU to be the ones sacrificed. Put up or shut up.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:24 pm just a few videos on the army's inability to recruit nowadays:

Since so many of you are hellbent on having another war, here is your opportunity to solve the problem. I challenge any and all pro war types here to man up and enlist. If any of that garbage overseas is worth dying for, then it's worth it for YOU to be the ones sacrificed. Put up or shut up.
If only that was an impediment. What do you suppose the DOD intends to do with “AI?”

Don’t have to guess — here it is.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/R ... n-systems/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:24 pm just a few videos on the army's inability to recruit nowadays:

You havent put anything up on the line to yell at everyone else here without understanding the most basic logic of what wipes are saying.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:51 pm

If only that was an impediment. What do you suppose the DOD intends to do with “AI?”

And we use to think the technology that brought us The Terminator movies was just Hollywood imagination at work.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:21 am I don't recall a single day in Africa in the past two decades in which so many American civilians were killed or taken hostage.

Doesn't mean that African conflicts, civil wars, etc aren't important, but the US has multiple treaty relationships with Israel, made over many decades of committed relationship. Many close familial ties between American citizens and Israelis, btw both Jewish and Muslim.

And yeah, the US has forces in Africa fighting terrorist cells, supporting allies doing so...good friend of my son is there now doing so.

One can argue against all such efforts, as you've ridiculously done with "What goes on overseas is no concern of ours." But your attempt at deflection to Africa is just another reflection of what has become apparent on here about your personal biases, no matter how much you cite Jewish voices calling for peace and dignity for all.

Dunno about you but I recall over 240 Americans killed (and many more injured) in Beirut, Lebanon in the 1980s but the USA did nothing about it. Instead some people attributed it to Hezbollah even though the organization didn't even exist at the time. Of course, had the USA minded its own business and stayed out that conflict no Americans would have died there.

"Personal bias" ~ yeah I'll call it that. The safety and well being of the USA is my bias. Fighting overseas does nothing for us. Instead, we got 9/11 and two needless wars that we lost. While people like you are applauding the wars, I condemn them because it is utterly stupid to be fighting wars in which we have absolutely no interest whatsoever. I derive no profit whatsoever from wars neither does anyone else who doesn't have stock in the military industrial complex. Nobody wants to fight or die in a war that is of no concern to us. This is why the army can't find enough recruits. If you are still so hellbent on having another war, tell all those young people in colleges and high schools that they need to enlist for their own good. Yeah, good luck with luck, pal. Oh by the way, please be very sure not to set up a false flag operation such as a sneak attack on American vessels or domestic terrorist attacks by fifth columnists in order to "justify" another war.
If I'm not mistaken, you said Africa.

Last time I looked, Lebanon wasn't in Africa.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Computer games? Hmmm ~ all those precision bombs have wiped away more than a few civilians. I bet all that is going to cost a few pennies as well.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:34 pm

Overseas as well. But at least you aren't willing to kill Americans over there. May I ask why? No profit to be made from those wars??

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:34 pm

Overseas as well. But at least you aren't willing to kill Americans over there. May I ask why? No profit to be made from those wars??
As I said, one of my son's close friends is currently in Africa fighting terrorists, supporting allies fighting terrorists. Seal Team.
Terrific young man, coached him for many years in lax.

Praying for his safety.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

We have boots on the ground in far more countries that kost realize
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Oh by the way, since no one has asked, may I see some "proof" that I stole land from Siouans here in Lake Wobegone. In the years that I knew him Clyde Bellecourt never mentioned anything like that to me. To this day, I live in an apartment and don't own any land at all.

Since so many of you complain of hyperbole, let's see you demand some "proof" as well.

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:45 pm

Computer games? Hmmm ~ all those precision bombs have wiped away more than a few civilians. I bet all that is going to cost a few pennies as well.
I have to ask: do you read things others post? If so, how would you describe your reading comprehension skills?

Or are you just trolling and not worth engaging?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:22 pm

I have to ask: do you read things others post? If so, how would you describe your reading comprehension skills?

Yeah I saw that but if you bothered to read the news you would know that "precision" strikes have been used in Gaza but that civilians were still being struck. The result is one of the reasons for the high civilian numbers you've heard about. You sure you're not the one who's trolling?

Anyways, back to the topic ~ the military is running low on personnel. Automated weaponry whether through aerial or computerized bombardment will not be the exclusive means of filling out the government's military ambitions. Humans will be needed. With the low numbers of people signing up, what do you hope to do to bring up those numbers for your foreign wars?

old salt

Post by old salt »

Antifa <=> BLM <=> Anti-Israeli Protesters
Fellow Travelers, coming to your city or campus soon.
Hey Hey, Ho Ho, (fill in the blank), Has Got to Go
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:31 am Antifa <=> BLM <=> Anti-Israeli Protesters
The Daily Propagandist is at it again. Bet you thought they were behind January 6, too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:05 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:22 pm

Yeah I saw that but if you bothered to read the news you would know that "precision" strikes have been used in Gaza but that civilians were still being struck. The result is one of the reasons for the high civilian numbers you've heard about. You sure you're not the one who's trolling?

Anyways, back to the topic ~ the military is running low on personnel. Automated weaponry whether through aerial or computerized bombardment will not be the exclusive means of filling out the government's military ambitions. Humans will be needed. With the low numbers of people signing up, what do you hope to do to bring up those numbers for your foreign wars?
You have no idea what's coming.

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

What do organizations do when they are short on labor? Increasingly, automate:

Note the date -- September, 2022.

"The Israeli occupation forces have installed a new AI-controlled machine gun at a checkpoint in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron to track and shoot at Palestinians. Manufactured by Israeli company Smart Shooter, the gun fires stun grenades and sponge-tipped bullets, and is also capable of firing tear gas. It is being tested as part of a pilot scheme at Al-Shuhada Street checkpoint.

A spokesperson for the Israeli occupation army told Haaretz that it is “examining the possibility of using remotely controlled systems for the employment of approved measures of crowd dispersal [which] does not include remote control of live gunfire.”

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220 ... ed-hebron/

https://www.smart-shooter.com/products/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:31 am Antifa <=> BLM <=> Anti-Israeli Protesters

Antifa <=> BLM
Those arrested during the 2020 rallies were members of the Boogaloo Bois and other right wingers.

Anti-Israeli Protesters
http://tiny.cc/g43evz

''Hey Hey, Ho Ho, (fill in the blank), Has Got to Go'' ~ popular chant during AIM rallies back in the day

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:01 am
You have no idea what's coming.

Interesting video. Reminds me of a news matter that has been largely disregarded in the past couple of years:

Racial bias in AI: Officers questioned father in watch theft probe after he was wrongly identified by facial recognition technology
Robert Williams, 45, spent 30 hours in police custody after he was wrongly identified by AI-based facial recognition technology in an investigation into the theft of stolen watches.

https://news.sky.com/story/racial-bias- ... y-13004065

Three years ago in Detroit, Robert Williams arrived home from work to find the police waiting at his front door, ready to arrest him for a crime he hadn't committed.

Facial recognition technology used by officers had mistaken Williams for a suspect who had stolen thousands of dollars worth of watches.

The system linked a blurry CCTV image of the suspect with Williams in what is considered to be the first known case of wrongful arrest owing to the use of the AI-based technology.

The experience was "infuriating", Mr Williams said.

"Imagine knowing you didn't do anything wrong… And they show up to your home and arrest you in your driveway before you can really even get out the car and hug and kiss your wife or see your kids."

Mr Williams, 45, was released after 30 hours in custody, and has filed a lawsuit, which is ongoing, against Detroit's police department asking for compensation and a ban on the use of facial recognition software to identify suspects.

Robert Williams, 45, from Detroit, pictured here with his family, was questioned by police after AI-based facial recognition technology wrongly identified him as a suspect in an investigation
Image:

Robert Williams with his family
There are six known instances of wrongful arrest in the US, and the victims in all cases were black people.

Artificial intelligence reflects racial bias in society, because it is trained on real-world data.

A US government study published in 2019 found that facial recognition technology was between 10 and 100 times more likely to misidentify black people than white people.

This is because the technology is trained on predominantly white datasets. This is because it doesn't have as much information on what people of other races look like, so it's more likely to make mistakes.

There are growing calls for that bias to be addressed if companies and policymakers want to use it for future decision-making.

One approach to solving the problem is to use synthetic data, which is generated by a computer to be more diverse than real-world datasets.

Chris Longstaff, vice president for product management at Mindtech, a Sheffield-based start-up, said that real-world datasets are inherently biased because of where the data is drawn from.

"Today, most of the AI solutions out there are using data scraped from the internet, whether that is from YouTube, Tik Tok, Facebook, one of the typical social media sites," he said.

As a solution, Mr Longstaff's team have created "digital humans" based on computer graphics.

These can vary in ethnicity, skin tone, physical attributes and age. The lab then combines some of this data with real-world data to create a more representative dataset to train AI models.

One of Mindtech's clients is a construction company that wants to improve the safety of its equipment.

The lab uses the diverse data it has generated to train the company's autonomous vehicles to recognise different types of people on the construction site so it can stop moving if someone is in their way.

Toju Duke, a responsible AI advisor and former programme manager at Google, said that using computer-generated, or "synthetic," data to train AI models has its downsides.

"For someone like me, I haven't travelled across the whole world, I haven't met anyone from every single culture and ethnicity and country," he said.

"So there's no way I can develop something that would represent everyone in the world and that could lead to further offences.

"So we could actually have synthetic people or avatars that could have a mannerism that could be offensive to someone else from a different culture."

The problem of racial bias is not unique to facial recognition technology, it has been recorded across different types of AI models.

Bottom line: all this new technology is not the panacea some think it is.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So the Hamas folks magically acquired massive amounts of state of the art weapons. They planned this attack probably for years. They are confident they will win no matter how many Palestinians have to die. I wonder where ALL of those weapons came from? I'm 100% certain they could never have come from Iran. Those high tech state of the art weapons were a gift from allah that magically appeared out of no where. :roll

Now if allah needed some help from iran or the norks or maybe china then so be it. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

some make the allegation that it is North Korea who is arming Hamas:

Experts Say Hamas Used North Korean Weapons: What It Means for Israel, Nuclear Arms

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/hamas ... lear-arms/

Among the North Korean-made arms found in the attack were F-7 rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and 122mm artillery shells. A video examined by the Associated Press also showed Hamas fighters with Pyongyang’s anti-tank missile ... Pyongyang has a history of selling missiles and sharing nuclear technology with countries such as Egypt, Iran, Libya, Syria, and the United Arab Emirates, according to the U.N. Security Council.

National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby said he could not confirm the reports about the source of the rockets being used by Hamas on Oct. 19 ...

Egypt has condemned Qassam Brigades as terrorist organizations so it is doubtful that the government is complicit in this. As with what you just read, the UN makes an allegation but then cannot say for certain that the reports are true. What the UN needs to do is present definitive proof and then present it to the world. After all these years of repeated allegations and finger pointing, it's time for it to conclusively prove any such claims.

Return to “POLITICS”