Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by OCanada »

Blinken on future initiatives

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said yesterday that Gaza should be unified with the West Bank under the Palestinian Authority once the war ends. He said there must be “affirmative elements to get a sustained peace…these must include the Palestinian people’s voices and aspirations at the center of post-crisis governance in Gaza…it must include Palestinian-led governance and Gaza unified with the West Bank under the Palestinian Authority.” Blinken did not expand further, although national security council spokesperson John Kirby said, “we don’t have it all figured out right now…but we know that it has to be something different than what it was under Hamas.” Michael D.Shear reports for the New York Times.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:44 pm https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/11/ ... term=third

Yes, Obama Is Complicit

By THE EDITORS, November 7, 2023

In Obama’s second term, his foreign policy was focused primarily on securing a nuclear deal with Iran. Much of the criticism of the deal has focused on what was in it — i.e., that it delivered billions in sanctions relief while allowing Iran to bolster its conventional military and preserve a glide path toward a nuclear weapon. What is more overlooked is the fact that in its desperate pursuit of the nuclear deal, the Obama administration turned a blind eye toward Iran’s malign behavior around the globe, despite its being the leading state sponsor of terrorism. This included funding, training, and transferring weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah. In fact, a 2017 investigative report by Politico revealed, “In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States.” Money raised by the drug trafficking helped fund Hezbollah’s terrorism against Israel, Lebanon, Syria, and elsewhere.

Interesting that National Review and others claim Iran sells drugs while its government routinely executes those who engage in the trade to its war on drugs:

https://www.voanews.com/a/7119925.html
https://www.iranintl.com/en/202310201518
https://www.unodc.org/islamicrepublicof ... cking.html

Drug use is haram under Islamic law:
https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinfo ... erid=87278

Iran is at the forefront of nations in the fight against international trafficking of narcotics:

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/489886 ... -Iran-says

Global support ‘essential’ in fight against narcotics, Iran says

Islamic Republic of Iran has always been committed to a serious and decisive fight against narcotics at the regional and global level, IRIB reported.

Iran has spent a huge sum of money fighting the war on drugs, and apart from that, many anti-narcotics forces have sacrificed their lives in this way. The high number of martyrs and injured shows Iran's serious determination to deal with this scourge, the UN official added.

"Considering the fact that the Islamic Republic of Iran is at the forefront of the fight against drug trafficking, the UNODC and the international community support of Iran should be proportionate to the activities and actions at the regional and global level.”

... “The successful experiences of Iran’s anti-narcotics police in the field of combating drug transit should be made available to all countries in the region and the world in different ways,”

... The UNODC Office attaches special importance to the regional and global role of the Islamic Republic in the fight against narcotics, and the discovery of narcotics by the law-enforcement forces of Iran shows the country’s efforts with the United Nations beyond the regional level ...

Iranian law is particularly harsh in dealing with drug addiction. It is rather difficult to believe that Iran would spread drugs in Lebanon while prohibiting drug use or manufacturing within their own land. One can readily see from the link that the UN has enlisted Iran in its efforts to stop international drug trafficking. Just as reports about Iran being on the verge of creating nuclear weapons and threatening to bomb the world with them have been greatly exaggerated over the past 25 years, I suggest that the allegation of Iran using Hezbollah to spread drugs is largely farcical as well. Iran does not have a border with Lebanon, so how are drugs supposedly transported from one nation to the other without any foreign or UN intervention? Not likely folks. It's just more pro war propaganda.

Now let's see if this can be discussed here by addressing what has been posted without the usual right wing hyperbole and attacks.
I personally bought hash in Istanbul in 2001 from a teenage waiter near the blue mosque and hippodrome and that is a city that kills Americans for weed so how about a personal experience to refute your argument.

This stuff is PR. It’s not real.

https://www.mondaq.com/turkey/cannabis- ... -in-turkey
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:58 pm
I personally bought hash in Istanbul in 2001 from a teenage waiter near the blue mosque and hippodrome and that is a city that kills Americans for weed so how about a personal experience to refute your argument.

One minute we're talking about Iran's alleged role in financing Hezbollah via drug sales and suddenly we're now talking about Turkey. What are you suggesting ~ that secularist Turkey finances Hezbollah thru drug sales?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Merneptah stele is considered to be the first extra-biblical reference to ancient Israel in ancient history.

Worth entertaining…. no mention of Palestine.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:58 pm

One minute we're talking about Iran's alleged role in financing Hezbollah via drug sales and suddenly we're now talking about Turkey. What are you suggesting ~ that secularist Turkey finances Hezbollah thru drug sales?
Countries can claim publicly they do “XYZ” with respect to drugs and the reality on the ground is wildly different. It’s an abstraction that doesn’t prove anything what you posted. Your post lacks real world credibility as much as you call other materials propaganda I don’t see any scrutiny to your sources.

Ever heard of Midnight Express-based on a true story? Guess what, they changed their position on the ground but not the public one after the movie came out and so it’s super easy for white guys and Americans to flaunt that law no matter what they display publicly.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:33 pm

Countries can claim publicly they do “XYZ” with respect to drugs and the reality on the ground is wildly different. It’s an abstraction that doesn’t prove anything what you posted. Your post lacks real world credibility as much as you call other materials propaganda I don’t see any scrutiny to your sources.

Ever heard of Midnight Express-based on a true story? Guess what, they changed their position on the ground but not the public one after the movie came out and so it’s super easy for white guys and Americans to flaunt that law no matter what they display publicly.

Ok. The item I gave you shows Iran cooperating with the UN. If this is not sufficient for you, then go ahead and ignore it.

But by the same token we can disregard anything written in National Review given its past history of lies, distortions, and right wing propaganda. Indeed, that is all we ever get from the right wing.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:33 pm

Ok. The item I gave you shows Iran cooperating with the UN. If this is not sufficient for you, then go ahead and ignore it.

But by the same token we can disregard anything written in National Review given its past history of lies, distortions, and right wing propaganda. Indeed, that is all we ever get from the right wing.
I haven’t thought much of the National review for 15-20yrs so go for it.

How much did France exploit the food for oil program under the UNs noses over the years? Do you really trust everything coming out of the UN to be the final word? That’s pretty naive.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/iraq-oil-food-scandal

What is the controversy over the U.N. Oil-for-Food Program?

The UN Security Council started the Oil-for-Food program in 1996 to allow Iraq to sell enough oil to pay for food and other necessities for its population, which was suffering under strict UN sanctions imposed after the first Gulf War. But Saddam Hussein exploited the program, earning some $1.7 billion through kickbacks and surcharges, and $10.9 billion through illegal oil smuggling, according to a 2004 Central Intelligence Agency investigation. Wide-scale mismanagement and unethical conduct on the part of some UN employees also plagued the program, according to the UN Independent Inquiry Committee.

What are the latest revelations?

The UN committee’s fifth and final 623-page report released October 27, 2005, accused nearly half of the 4,500 participating companies of paying kickbacks and illegal surcharges to win lucrative contracts, and allowing Saddam Hussein to pocket $1.8 billion at the expense of Iraqis suffering under UN economic sanctions. The commission’s lead investigator, former U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, stated that it was UN mismanagement and failure of the world’s most powerful nations to end corruption in the program that allowed Saddam to fill his coffers.

What did the earlier reports find?

A September report faults UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, his deputy, and the UN Security Council for allowing Saddam Hussein to graft over $1 billion from the humanitarian operation. The committee’s January briefing paper charged UN management of the oil-for-food “operated in an ineffective, wasteful, and unsatisfactory manner,” leading to some $5 million in documented contractor overpayments, and “undoubtedly much higher” losses not discovered by the limited UN audits. The February interim report found the program’s procurement office did not follow established rules “designed to assure fairness and accountability.” It also accused the former head of the program, Benon Sevan, of an “irreconcilable conflict of interest” because he helped a company owned by a friend obtain valuable contracts to sell Iraqi oil. Other allegations against Sevan are also being investigated. Sevan retired from the United Nations last year and has denied any wrongdoing.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

it’s super easy for white guys and Americans to flaunt that law

Very interesting comment!

Did you see this:

No, not the TV ad. But the comments which follow it:

@TheCanadianlongboard
3 hours ago
White boys don't die for Israel

@roadgent7921
3 hours ago
ZOG trying to recruit whitey again. Don't fall for it. F the us army. 😮

@boojeboy1
2 hours ago
Stay home White Christian men. Don't die for Israel. Or for Ukraine. Or for some stupid f-ing war in the Middle East. Let the illegal aliens, women, trannies, and homosexuals do the fighting. That's who the military really seems to want anyways.

@happyhourkid
53 minutes ago (edited)
„ the nations are no longer willing to die on the battlefield so that this unstable international race may profiteer from a war or satisfy its Old Testament vengeance. The watchword "Workers of the world unite" will be conquered by a higher realization, namely "Workers of all classes and of all nations, recognize your common enemy!" - an Austrian painter

@clarity5323
2 minutes ago
No thanks, pay isn’t worth my life on wars I don’t support and from talking to a few disabled veterans, they struggle financially, COLA not keeping up with reality (inflation)

@purebloodanglochristian8207
2 days ago
If you are a White man of fighting age stay home so you can provide for and defend your family and community.
They are worthy of your blood, sweat, and sacrifice.

Everyone seems to think that the military is fighting for some foreign interests and not for the USA. Clearly most of these come from the right wing perspective.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Do you really trust everything coming out of the UN to be the final word? That’s pretty naive.

Never said I did. This especially since the UN stood by and allowed traitor Bush to invade Iraq. Had the traitor been stopped it would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives and saved us a trillion+ dollars.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:17 pm
Do you really trust everything coming out of the UN to be the final word? That’s pretty naive.

Never said I did. This especially since the UN stood by and allowed traitor Bush to invade Iraq. Had the traitor been stopped it would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives and saved us a trillion+ dollars.
But you threw it down as a gauntlet of proof and then doubled down when I questioned the value of trusting an official PR report.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:13 pm

Did you see this:

@TheCanadianlongboard
3 hours ago

@roadgent7921
3 hours ago

@boojeboy1
2 hours ago
Stay home White Christian men. Don't die for Israel. Or for Ukraine. Or for some stupid f-ing war in the Middle East. Let the illegal aliens, women, trannies, and homosexuals do the fighting. That's who the military really seems to want anyways.

@happyhourkid
53 minutes ago (edited)
„ the nations are no longer willing to die on the battlefield so that this unstable international race may profiteer from a war or satisfy its Old Testament vengeance. The watchword "Workers of the world unite" will be conquered by a higher realization, namely "Workers of all classes and of all nations, recognize your common enemy!" - an Austrian painter

@clarity5323
2 minutes ago
No thanks, pay isn’t worth my life on wars I don’t support and from talking to a few disabled veterans, they struggle financially, COLA not keeping up with reality (inflation)

2 days ago
If you are a White man of fighting age stay home so you can provide for and defend your family and community.

Everyone seems to think that the military is fighting for some foreign interests and not for the USA. Clearly most of these come from the right wing perspective.
That’s what I was told by said teenage waiter when offered said tootsie roll crossed with candy bar block of chocolate looking stuff. He said “no no that’s just a myth these days, we lost so much tourist money because of that so now they only enforce it rarely and locally to make a point”. His English was broken up and choppy but it was quite clear on this. I’m literally conveying what he told me. No bulkshit.

When your doing a deal on a rooftop where you can see the hippodrome barely out of college you don’t forget those conversations.

I also was talked into eating some chicken late night in Taxim square the hat was red when cut from the meat pole it rotates in the what on and while that time I was chock full of Raki (sp? This nasty high content liquor that tastes like Uzo if you renal it like a luge out of Trumps sweaty a**). My man simply said “no no my friend it’s cooked fine” and the next day I was peeing out of a place men shouldn’t pee: that lasted about 72hrs..the hash helped my recovery believe it or not.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:35 pm ..the hash helped my recovery believe it or not.

this:

or this:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:35 pm ..the hash helped my recovery believe it or not.

this:

or this:

The former is great down south because it’s harder to find-they offer grist instead as it they are easily substitutable.

But more like the first pic here than yours.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish

Stuff looks like oversized tootsie rolls on rectangle form. Incredibly easy to get in Spain too. Anywhere around la Rambla in Barcelona is like being in Christiana (now gone from Copenhagen) or Amsterdam if you’re eyes are open. They smuggle it in on oil cargo ships from Morocco.

And let’s be clear, more than half the states in the US have legalized weed (hashish is weed basically) now so for those pious thoughtless folks who confuse codified law with morality that would be totally wrong. They could overlap but one can’t make a credible case with a brain and a straight face on this stuff. I’m sure some do because their daddy politicians wrote a law once but it’s not the case.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:42 pm

this:

or this:

BTW Corned Beef Hash should be its own food group. Forget chicken wings. You get some done right with some over easy eggs, wheat toast and Cholula then throw some hash, piece of egg with bleeding yolk on top and a splash of hot sauce for an open faced delight. Sure it looks a little like going down on a super social lady at the wrong time of the month but the gate is sublime.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:13 pm@TheCanadianlongboard
3 hours ago

@roadgent7921
3 hours ago

@boojeboy1
2 hours ago

@happyhourkid
53 minutes ago (edited)

@clarity5323
2 minutes ago

2 days ago

YES! YES! YES! C0mments fr0m rea1 americans! Whites wi11 fina11y have their day! YES BR00K1YN YES! F'in Z0GS!!!!!!! f'in yes! Br00k1yn is N0T pu11ing punches, he's br0ught in his h01y white br0thers, F Z0GS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES BR00K1YN! YES!
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Brooklyn is consistently posting hateful posts iterating and reiterating his antisemitic, river to the sea perspectives and, most recently, one ups himself by re-posting a string of comments by white supremacists who, like Brooklyn, have no love for the "Zogs". Pretty impressive showing by the FanLax Forum. Way to represent the lacrosse community.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:13 pm

Did you see this:

@TheCanadianlongboard
3 hours ago

@roadgent7921
3 hours ago

@boojeboy1
2 hours ago

@happyhourkid
53 minutes ago (edited)

@clarity5323
2 minutes ago

2 days ago

This makes no sense. As if these are mutually exclusive. That would be incorrect as the overlap is tremendous. The idea that you can bifurcate this country’s interested from the world is NOT progressive at all. Not one bit.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Gretchen wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:36 am Brooklyn is consistently posting hateful posts iterating and reiterating his antisemitic, river to the sea perspectives and, most recently, one ups himself by re-posting a string of comments by white supremacists who, like Brooklyn, have no love for the "Zogs". Pretty impressive showing by the FanLax Forum. Way to represent the lacrosse community.

You missed the line "Everyone seems to think that the military is fighting for some foreign interests and not for the USA. Clearly most of these come from the right wing perspective."

As everyone else on the forum knows, contrary to your projections, nobody here has condemned right wing delusionalism more than I have.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am

This makes no sense. As if these are mutually exclusive. That would be incorrect as the overlap is tremendous. The idea that you can bifurcate this country’s interested from the world is NOT progressive at all. Not one bit.

I never claimed to be progressive, just a political realist who is concerned about what goes on HERE in the USA. There is no overlap as you say. What goes on overseas is no concern of ours. The only ones who favor war are those who profit from it. I don't and neither will the vast majority of the populace. Those who want a war are free to enlist in the military or in some mercenary group overseas. To me, the better course is and will always be to work on fixing the problems we have here.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am

I never claimed to be progressive, just a political realist who is concerned about what goes on HERE in the USA. There is no overlap as you say. What goes on overseas is no concern of ours. The only ones who favor war are those who profit from it. I don't and neither will the vast majority of the populace. Those who want a war are free to enlist in the military or in some mercenary group overseas. To me, the better course is and will always be to work on fixing the problems we have here.
So you are not a progressive by your own words then?

No, I said “as if there’s no overlap”. You are distorting that intentionally or not but that’s not what I said clearly. happy to further explicate if you can’t understand this.

Binary thinking - pro or anti war. Of course most everyone is anti war. That doesn’t mean at any cost. This is all absurd thinking or not thinking at all. Or intentionally trying to obscure and twist. That’s fine but it’s dishonest and a weak heuristic and let’s be clear your off the topic of issue now as well since I know you’ll recycle the same tired comments on that again. I find this game you play silly and juvenile and when that’s coming from me it says a lot.

Political realist? Could you present your position in this thread topic agun for us then?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”