Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:49 am Nashville Shooter Manifesto: https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/172 ... gr%5Etweet
Note the comment at 12:00pm on the manifesto. And yet, we still find people against the use of police/security at schools.

You focus on 12:00, I'll focus on 9:30. If he didn't have those "special belongings" 12:33 never would have happened.
Of course you will, b/c sadly, that will NEVER change in our lifetime. Staffing a school with police can be solved tomorrow. We can have preventable measures in place while we chip away at the 2A/Gun discussion, no?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 pm Having security officers and locking down schools is reactionary.

Does nothing to address the causes, and sadly there are examples where security guards did jack squat. And we're expecting them to engage a heavily armed gunman with plate or soft armor with a 9mm handgun?

Sure, lock down the schools and throw armed guards in there. It may prevent a few of these shootings, or may keep some body counts lower.

But it's ignoring the root issues, and will just change shooter behavior. Plus it creates pretty awful school environments.
No sh!t, so your answer is to do nothing, until you get what you want, which ain't happening for decades, if then? Cmon man, you can't be this obtuse.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:00 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:49 am Nashville Shooter Manifesto: https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/172 ... gr%5Etweet
Note the comment at 12:00pm on the manifesto. And yet, we still find people against the use of police/security at schools.

7 police officers now suspended after surreptitiously leaking these documents to the public - why should we trust them to effectively guard a school?

https://apnews.com/article/nashville-co ... f7574663d3
😂 Good for them! Because they know they could have helped.

Are you ‘Bob’, the CIA Chief from Benghazi…..you sure act like it.
Could have helped who?
You can't be really asking this question, can you? :roll: Go troll someone else.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:00 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 am

7 police officers now suspended after surreptitiously leaking these documents to the public - why should we trust them to effectively guard a school?

https://apnews.com/article/nashville-co ... f7574663d3
😂 Good for them! Because they know they could have helped.

Are you ‘Bob’, the CIA Chief from Benghazi…..you sure act like it.
Could have helped who?
You can't be really asking this question, can you? :roll: Go troll someone else.
I am asking who could be helped by the police releasing it? It’s an honest question. Might be unfamiliar to you.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:31 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 pm Having security officers and locking down schools is reactionary.

Does nothing to address the causes, and sadly there are examples where security guards did jack squat. And we're expecting them to engage a heavily armed gunman with plate or soft armor with a 9mm handgun?

Sure, lock down the schools and throw armed guards in there. It may prevent a few of these shootings, or may keep some body counts lower.

But it's ignoring the root issues, and will just change shooter behavior. Plus it creates pretty awful school environments.
No sh!t, so your answer is to do nothing, until you get what you want, which ain't happening for decades, if then? Cmon man, you can't be this obtuse.
Reading skills my man. You really think I want to do nothing? Get that sh! out of here.

I said "sure, lock down the schools and throw armed guards in there".

So yeah, let's go ahead and do it. And in fact it's already being done a lot of places. The Covenant School had armed staff. Feel free to add more security.

It would be nice to address the problem before it's armed to the teeth walking around a school or concert and taking out kids. Stuff we can do right now that doesn't have jack squat to do with the 2A. Heavily invest in mental health resources, stop demonizing SEL, make single income families a thing again, more after school activities for kids, smaller classrooms, better teacher pay, tackle social media head-on, address the massive crisis of boys falling behind and through the cracks of the education system, heavy penalties for unsecured guns, etc.

You're right though, a good chunk of the population wants us to "do nothing" other than add more guns and guards to schools. Armed guards were at 1/4 of all school shootings from 1980-2019. I'm sure we could get that number to 100% of all school shootings moving forward.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Environmentalist "this ends here". Retired American Lawyer 77, guns down 2 in Panama? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -dead.html
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:36 pm Environmentalist "this ends here". Retired American Lawyer 77, guns down 2 in Panama? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -dead.html
... a new republiCON hero?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:36 pm Environmentalist "this ends here". Retired American Lawyer 77, guns down 2 in Panama? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -dead.html
... a new republiCON hero?
more like UGLY AMERICAN...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

When did you last visit?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I clearly hndrrstood your reference to Benghazi. You clearly do not understand what Benghazi was all about

Feel free explicate Bob
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:52 pm I clearly hndrrstood your reference to Benghazi. You clearly do not understand what Benghazi was all about

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

So what did I mean when I referenced Bob?
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Can’t even help a fellow citizen in NYC: https://x.com/collinrugg/status/1722756 ... a82I2GssRg

Hopefully he gets a high five behind the doors and is on his way.
https://x.com/collinrugg/status/1722756 ... a82I2GssRg
~Livy

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

youthathletics wrote:
OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:52 pm I clearly hndrrstood your reference to Benghazi. You clearly do not understand what Benghazi was all about

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

Lolol i ask you to explain Bob and you don’t. Instead you ask a question. A common rhetorical go to used by the right wing. absurd.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:39 am
youthathletics wrote:

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

Lolol i ask you to explain Bob and you don’t. Instead you ask a question. A common rhetorical go to used by the right wing. absurd.
Why don't you answer YAs question? Then you can launch all the diatribes you want. A common tactic of the left wing.. deflect and evade and then attack. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:51 am
youthathletics wrote:

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

Why don't you answer YAs question? Then you can launch all the diatribes you want. A common tactic of the left wing.. deflect and evade and then attack. :D
Nice but just as ridiculous. Did either of you get out of middle school? You should be asking him why he was not responsive to me but you apparently want to try and flip the dynamic. I lost interest when he ducked and wove.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:04 am
youthathletics wrote:

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

Nice but just as ridiculous. Did either of you get out of middle school? You should be asking him why he was not responsive to me but you apparently want to try and flip the dynamic. I lost interest when he ducked and wove.
Nice dodge there chucklehead. You won't answer the question.🤪
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote:

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

You're talking out of both sides of your nexk. you said "I clearly hndrrstood your reference to Benghazi."...well evidentally you do not, b/c 'Bob" has everything to do with Benghazi and played a significant role in how it all went down.

It's clear you do no know and can't handle a civil conversation without slinging partisan pop shots. Proving you are exactly like Bob. :lol:
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:33 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:04 am
youthathletics wrote:

Feel free explicate Bob
Let’s talk about it.

Nice dodge there chucklehead. You won't answer the question.🤪
Why did you decide to step into this?

Answer my question before positing any other question back.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”