Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:38 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:49 am
I think you are over complicating it. afans comment is really easy to understand....can you answer it, ignoring Baducci's rebuttal?
Here’s the anti Hamas protest.

https://ofac.treasury.gov/sanctions-pro ... -authority

But more effective than fat old people arguing the sky isn’t blue while looking up because they’re god told them it was a different color.
their ;)
Sure. And? Is the goal to point out a misspelling out of the many I make and ignore the content or attempt to critique my intellect which would be akin to Cradle calling people dumb if you get what I’m saying.
Just giving you a hard time.....I think we are trying to figure out why the general population is silent in protest against Hamas/Palestine.
Everybody knows they’re bellicose assholes who murder and torture people. Not much need to amplify anymore just take action. Obviously colleges skewed wayy too far in the direction of mindlessly supporting the narrated victims and that’s generated a lot of younger protestors. But realistically other than the fat old folks arguing things that should’ve be debated by human beings because no debate is necessary on behalf of a guy who would burn them all down in a second as he has to everyone around him for 50 adult years how many debates and protests are you seeing other than younger in college or recently college graduates and outside Trump related activities?

We all know Hamas is dirt and the Palestinian people have become puppets for them (like one Rep candidate we know). They have some responsibility for this but asking them to fix it internally is not worth the oxygen)

Being loud doesn’t accomplish anything and can be superficial which is the lesson many American seem to have learned is the fake it until you make it by yelling method doesn’t impress me. I don’t need it to
Understand the issues or believe many people see things this way.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the heart of this issue is whether israel has the right to exist

Buddhists and Orthodox Jews always answers questions with questions. So here's is one for anybody's consideration: do Gazans have a right to exist?

Not according to certain members of the Herut/Likud:

Israel-Palestine war: Likud MP calls for Gaza to be 'erased from the face of the earth'
Galit Distel Atbaryan, who was recently public diplomacy minister, says on Facebook a 'vengeful and vicious' Israeli army is needed to wipe out the Palestinian enclave

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/isra ... 1eeyebgmff

An MP from Israel's ruling Likud party and a recent minister on Wednesday called for all of Gaza to be erased from the earth, saying the coastal enclave should be “wiped out”.

Galit Distel Atbaryan, who until two weeks ago was public diplomacy minister, took to Facebook after being shown footage of the 7 October Palestinian attack on Israeli communities.

Distel Atbaryan posted on Facebook that the video prompted her to deliver a message to her fellow Israelis, urging them to cease internal arguments and concentrate on the “monsters” in Gaza.

“Invest that energy in one thing,” she wrote. “Erasing all of Gaza from the face of the earth.”

Distel Atbaryan said she wished to see “the brave monsters” flee over Gaza’s southern barrier into Egypt, “or let them die”.

... In the nearly four weeks of war, Israeli rhetoric against Palestinians, particularly those in Gaza, has escalated dramatically.

Defence Minister Yoav Gallant has called Palestinians “human animals”.

Prominent political commentator Eliyahu Yossian recently said: “You have to enter Gaza at the height of brutality, with the aim of revenge, zero morality, maximum corpses.”

Moshe Feiglin, a former right-wing MP, told Al Jazeera the only solution is the “complete destruction of Gaza … destruction like in Dresden and Hiroshima, without a nuclear weapon” ...

Calls for death, destruction, decimation. Hmmm ~ where have we heard all that before?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:50 am ... we have been paying for Israel's wars (as well as its universal health care coverage)...
the us gives Israel *military* aid (which is less than 10% of Israel's military budget) and 100% of this aid needs to be spent with US military companies. in other words, every dollar given to Israel goes right back into the american economy. as for israel's healthcare, it's funded by israeli citizen's taxes. every citizen is taxed 3-5% of their income and they get free healthcare. an impressive healthcare system fwiw. but for our local fanlax forum pos, he's gotta grab any opportunity to repeat and re-repeat his litany of antisemitic statements.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Baducchi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:11 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:50 am ... we have been paying for Israel's wars (as well as its universal health care coverage)...
the us gives Israel *military* aid (which is less than 10% of Israel's military budget) and 100% of this aid needs to be spent with US military companies. in other words, every dollar given to Israel goes right back into the american economy. as for israel's healthcare, it's funded by israeli citizen's taxes. every citizen is taxed 3-5% of their income and they get free healthcare. an impressive healthcare system fwiw. but for our local fanlax forum pos, he's gotta grab any opportunity to repeat and re-repeat his litany of antisemitic statements.
I didn’t know Peter Brown came back.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:15 pm I didn’t know Peter Brown came back.
there've been some prime time pos within this forum but a guy who chooses to trash the jews of israeli, over and over, repeatedly post some of the most antisemitic posts you can find on the internet, all but immediately after thousands of jews are killed, 200 hostages are taken, mostly civilians, young people, elderly, this is a unique pos.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Buddhists and Orthodox Jews always answers questions with questions.
The Jewish people are bad, Brookie. We get it. How about take a break from this for a while?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Baducchi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:11 pm
I didn’t know Peter Brown came back.

I don't answer to personal attacks as that would be a violation of TOS

As everyone knows Israel's currency and economy would be worthless if it were not for the $260+ billion given in aid by the USA:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... -to-israel

Giving billions to a small country like that is the equivalent of giving multiple trillions in aid to the USA.

Meantime, thousands of Americans die every year from lack of health car much to the delight of America haters.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Buddhists and Orthodox Jews always answers questions with questions.
The Jewish people are bad, Brookie. We get it. How about take a break from this for a while?

“Accuse the other of that you which are guilty.” — Joseph Goebbels. Typical right wing tactic.

Just about every article that I quote from in the antiwar website is written by someone who is Jewish. Had you bothered to read them rather than just criticize, you would know it. Read, analyze, and then comment on what you see. So stop the projections as they reveal more about you than you realize.

Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

the guy posting antisemitic posts after antisemitic posts off-handedly quotes joseph goebbels. beyond words...
Last edited by Baducchi on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:29 pm ...As everyone knows Israel's currency and economy would be worthless if it were not for the $260+ billion given in aid by the USA...
$260 billion... cumulatively since World War II. you've already been corrected on this but why not keep repeating the same antisemitic lie. In the 21st century, the us has given $2-3 billion annually. $2-3 billion that is purely military. israel's GDP is $488 billion. the israel economy would be worthless without it? really? You sure. brooklyn, for real. take your antisemitic lies to another forum. facebook, twitter. for real. disappear from here. the lacrosse world doesn't need people like you. especially within a public forum.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I don't answer to trolls as that violates TOS

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I suppose that these patriotic Israelis are "anti Semitic" according to the critics here:

Gaza war: Israelis protest government conflict response - Widespread anger has erupted against the Israeli government across occupied Jerusalem and Tel Aviv- amid Israel's ongoing bombardment on Gaza

https://www.newarab.com/news/israelis-p ... t-response

Thousands of Israelis demonstrated in Tel Aviv and occupied Jerusalem on Saturday, as criticism intensifies against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a result of his government's brutal response, following the October 7 attacks and its handling of the ensuing hostage crisis.

The attacks by Hamas led to more than 1,400 people killed- with 240 more taken hostage, according to Israeli forces.

Israel's devastating air, ground and sea bombardment followed by a ground invasion of Gaza, has killed nearly 9,500 Palestinians. according to the Palestinian health ministry.

In Tel Aviv, several thousand protesters took to the streets on Saturday evening, including relatives and friends of some of the hostages, chanting: "Bring them home now".

Meanwhile, in occupied Jerusalem, hundreds came together outside Netanyahu's residence with more explicit calls for his resignation.

Waving blue and white Israeli flags and chanting "Jail now!", a crowd in the hundreds pushed through police barriers around Netanyahu's residence in occupied Jerusalem.

The protest, which coincided with a poll showing more than three quarters of Israelis believe Netanyahu should resign, underlined the growing public fury at their political and security leaders.

The premier, who has led Israel for nearly 16 of the past 27 years, is still fighting three corruption cases in court ...

Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

baducchi y0u sh0u1d st0p ta1king s0 much and start 1istening t0 br00k1yn, he's 1000% c0rrect, f0r th0usands 0f years jews have been t0ta1 pssies, then they get their 0wn c0untry and start acting 1ike everyb0dye1se g0ing t0 war and sht and,,, f that, n0 way!!! they d0n't get t0 g0 t0 war, jews d0nt get t0 ki11 pe0p1e, pe0pe ki11 the jews and the jews take it, thats the way it is and thats the way it'11 a1ways be, fact, br00k1yn just has the cah0nes t0 say it, the rest 0f y0u have y0ur head in the sand, wake up,,,,,, if we;re wrng, why has the w0r1d hated the jews f0r s0 10ng? i' give y0u a hint, because they're jews, jews dn't get their 0wn c0untry, jews d0n't get t0 g0 t0 war,, peri0d,,,, s baduchi shut up, br00k1yn gets it, us needs t0 mind their 0wn business, if the us stayed 0ut 0f WW2 the nazis w0u1d've w0n, there'd be n0 israe1, and the w0r1d w0u1d be 4000 times m0re peacefu1, n0t PC but t0ta11y true,,, peri0d,,,
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now weve totally gone to idiot territory. This thread is cooked now.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:30 pm I suppose that these patriotic Israelis are "anti Semitic" according to the critics here...
no. they're anti-netanyahu and they're highly concerned about the 200 hostages that were kidnapped and how netanyahu is going to bring them home. these are jews that love their fellow jews. these people are nothing like you. they're the opposite of anti-semites. you on the other hand...
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm Now weve totally gone to idiot territory. This thread is cooked now.
y0u're the idi0t, facts, tear d0wn the fences ar0und the pa1estinians and this war w0u1d be 0ver, fina11y peace in the midd east, i get this, br00kyn gets this, y0ur the idi0t that d0esn't get this,
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kinduv wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:46 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm Now weve totally gone to idiot territory. This thread is cooked now.
y0u're the idi0t, facts, tear d0wn the fences ar0und the pa1estinians and this war w0u1d be 0ver, fina11y peace in the midd east, i get this, br00kyn gets this, y0ur the idi0t that d0esn't get this,
Good one. Why don’t you post like you have a spine and write what you mean.

Like I said this thread has become a complete joke.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:14 am As to a fan's question, I'd need to go back and check for any additional context, but in it's simplest form, I'd say there was an immediate and overwhelming sense of shock and revulsion at the horror of the Hamas terrorists' acts from most of the American populace and a swift response from President Biden calling those acts reprehensible. No equivocation.
Sure. But....where are the long term, weeks long protests?

They're holding a couple hundred hostages RIGHT NOW....ongoing, just like what the Israelis are doing. Where are the protests, MDLax? Where are the demands that the hostages be returned? And that the Palestinians (not hamas) be held accountable for what happens with their people. Hamas is made up of Palestinians. Because of course they are.

This speaks volumes to me. No one is holding Palestine accountable. No one. So they keep lobbing rockets and kidnapping people, and the world doesn't even notice it.
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:14 am However, in contrast to the general American populace, and the government's policy, a majority of younger Americans see the situation less about the existential rights of Jews to live in peace in Israel and more about the apartheid treatment of Palestinians by the current generation of Israelis in power. They have opposed the US government's ongoing support of this right-wing Israeli government, and now oppose the overwhelming force being used. Indeed, Israel has been fractured along these lines as well. Thus, Pro-Palestinian protests in countries in which protests are allowed.... Many in those protests simply want humanitarian concerns to be addressed without further bloodshed, others are more virulently opposed to right-wing Israeli policies and even some find justification of extreme actions against the 'oppressor'. Young, hot-headed, but not without valid concerns.
Let's play this out: what happens if Israel feels cut off? You really want to back that fully nuclear bear in a corner, with the entire world against them?\

Further, when aid goes to Palestine----it also goes to Hamas. That's a problem that I don't know how to fix outside of UN Troops entering Gaza...speaking of which, why don't we do that?

I cut your posts to address specific thoughts of yours with clarity.
I thought I was clear: the majority of Americans and the very clear policies of the current US government have full throatily decried Hamas' actions and are actively supporting Israel's right and duty to defend themselves, including the destruction of Hamas.

Our government is acting in alignment with those words...what should a pro-Israel protest be protesting?

Have you been paying attention to what Blinken just said, and what we're actually doing? Do you think he's forgotten about American hostages? Israeli hostages?

You say that "No one is holding Palestine accountable. No one."

There's no state of Palestine. No government of Palestine. Palestinians, yes, in the regions of Gaza and West Bank, in Israel and neighboring countries, and around the world. And they are not monolithic.

Likewise, when you write: "Further, when aid goes to Palestine----it also goes to Hamas", there is no "Palestine". But yes, when money is sent to 'authorities' in Gaza, that is actually Hamas and a significant portion of those monies is reportedly siphoned away from intended civilian benefit to Hamas' military infrastructure and fighter payments...and to Hamas kleptocratic leaders in other countries. Yes, Hamas is corrupt as all get out.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:50 pm
Kinduv wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:46 pm
Good one. Why don’t you post like you have a spine and write what you mean.

Like I said this thread has become a complete joke.
not the thread, but a poster for sure.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Brooklyn, Kinduv, Baducchi, cool down.

Return to “POLITICS”