Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

When a person starts talking about the poor and working classes uniting, he finds himself full of lead.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:59 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:43 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:55 pm I'm all for things that will reduce poverty in rural America.
No. You aren't. You call spending money on education "throwing money at problems". And that's just for starters.
Specific examples plz. Which education programs ?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/10/ ... ly-mexico/
There it is. That didn't take long.

We've been over this. You think we spend plenty of money on education....handing me the average spending in the US, while knowing perfectly well that rich districts with high test scores spend way the F more than working class Americans' districts do.

Republican party line. Keep holding it. I've stopped caring. What's your plan when the libs stop giving a sh(t about poor Americans? Because your team gave up on them about 40 years ago, and the libs are the only group who still cares, and is willing to pay taxes to help them.

Your answer to these rural kids is to shut up, move to a city, and get a third job, OS. That'll fix it.

Edit to add....you're retired, and have more than earned the right to stop worrying about this stuff. That's fine. I still care, and want to fix this stuff before it REALLY gets out of hand, and the pitchforks come out.
I still have friends & family members with kids attending public schools in rural & blue collar MO & MD, where my wife spent her career teaching & is still in touch with friends teaching there. So no need to continue telling me what you think I think. Schools can only do so much. What happens at home is what matters most. Instead of constantly bitching for more money, we need to get a better return on what we already invest. There's a reason my wife never joined a teacher's union.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/50-s ... education/

...despite the protestations about, variously, the impossibility and the danger of a national curriculum, the reality is that most American public schools already have one. If a visitor from another nation were dropped into an American public school classroom without knowing the state or the region, he or she would be likely to see the same lesson taught in the same way to children of the same age. In the most important subjects, with only a few exceptions, the textbooks and tests are indistinguishable from each other. Concentration in the educational publishing industry has meant that a few large companies supply tests and textbooks to most school districts. Even were there more publishers, most tests are based on the same multiple-choice approach, and most textbooks are like peas in a pod regardless of publisher.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey Saltine.

No comment on the USAtty from Central CA calling BS on your whistleblower?

So you now have three USAs and the USAG saying the wb does not know what he’s talking about.

So either a huge conspiracy. Or the wb is just wrong wrong wrong.

Let me guess who you and Andy Mac believe…. :roll:
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:39 am So no need to continue telling me what you think I think. Schools can only do so much. What happens at home is what matters most. Instead of constantly bitching for more money, we need to get a better return on what we already invest. There's a reason my wife never joined a teacher's union.
So you tell me that's not what you think....and then immediately admit that you think "we need to get a better return on what we already invest".

All I'm doing is reporting on what you've already told the forum. And for whatever the reason, you're convinced that's me telling you what you think, and you decide to get offended.
ggait

Post by ggait »

:roll:
Last edited by ggait on Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey Saltine.

So you now have three USAs and the USAG saying the WB does not know what he’s talking about.

So either a huge conspiracy. Or the WB is just wrong. Becoming very clear that the purported WB, with solid evidence of partisan motivation/bias, wanted HB to be charged. But until that dude gets himself a law degree, that is not his job or responsibility.

And by the way, here's why the Central CA USAtty did not want to partner with Weiss on bringing a case in CA:

“My understanding is where an individual has not paid taxes in the first instance but later paid those taxes with penalties and interest before a prosecution is initiated or an investigation is initiated, we have never brought criminal charges,” he said in the House Judiciary interview.

But that USAtty did not stifle Weiss if he wanted to charge HB. He offered Weiss office space and administrative support for Weiss' team if they wanted to charge HB. And they did have the power to charge HB without getting approval from Central CA:

Estrada also revealed that, prior to his appointment as U.S. attorney in September 2022, his office authorized at least two prosecutors from Weiss’ Delaware office to work as “special U.S. attorneys” in the central California district. Estrada said he believed that authorization meant that Weiss could charge Hunter Biden in California without his permission.

Seems pretty much by the book if you ask me.

But I'm sure you and Andy Mac will spin this into a gaslight bull shirt web of deep state conspiracy. :roll:
Last edited by ggait on Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:49 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:05 am Hey Saltine.

So you now have three USAs and the USAG saying the WB does not know what he’s talking about.

So either a huge conspiracy. Or the WB is just wrong. Becoming very clear that the purported WB, with solid evidence of partisan motivation/bias, wanted HB to be charged. But until that dude gets himself a law degree, that is not his job or responsibility.

And by the way, here's why the Central CA USAtty did not want to partner with Weiss on bringing a case in CA:

“My understanding is where an individual has not paid taxes in the first instance but later paid those taxes with penalties and interest before a prosecution is initiated or an investigation is initiated, we have never brought criminal charges,” he said in the House Judiciary interview.

But that USAtty did not stifle Weiss if he wanted to charge HB. He offered Weiss office space and administrative support for Weiss' team if they wanted to charge HB. And they did have the power to charge HB without getting approval from Central CA:

Estrada also revealed that, prior to his appointment as U.S. attorney in September 2022, his office authorized at least two prosecutors from Weiss’ Delaware office to work as “special U.S. attorneys” in the central California district. Estrada said he believed that authorization meant that Weiss could charge Hunter Biden in California without his permission.

But I'm sure you and Andy Mac will spin this into a gaslight bull shirt web of deep state conspiracy. :roll:
Wait-----so you're telling us that a bunch of lifelong Republicans and Trump Appointees aren't throwing their careers away to help Hunter Biden?

:lol: No way man. There HAS to be a conspiracy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:01 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:49 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:05 am Hey Saltine.

Wait-----so you're telling us that a bunch of lifelong Republicans and Trump Appointees aren't throwing their careers away to help Hunter Biden?

:lol: No way man. There HAS to be a conspiracy.
I already commented in my hot potato post. Everybody in DoJ was afraid to pursue the case against Hunter. The buck stopped at Weiss. He tried to get the CA & DC US Atty's to take it off his hands. They declined. So it was going to go away with the DE plea deal that they screwed up.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Cmon Salted Caramel.

Can't we at least agree that what the WB testified to is wrong. Not saying he lied; just saying he was out of his lane and knowledge and job.

Weiss was not prevented from charging HB. Due to the special USA designation, Weiss had the power.

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

Just like DC US Attorney says.

Just like Central CA US Attorney says.

But not like your purported WB says.

Did you also overlook what the Central CA US Attorney said -- under like circumstances they had NEVER charged someone.

Or can you only substantively respond once Andy Mac tells you what latest conspiracy theory gaslight to believe?
Last edited by ggait on Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:32 pm Cmon Salted Caramel.

Can't we at least agree that what the WB testified to is wrong. Not saying he lied; just saying he was out of his lane and knowledge and job.

Weiss was not prevented from charging HB. Due to the special USA designation, Weiss had the power.

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

Did you also overlook what the Central CA US Attorney said -- under like circumstances they had NEVER charged someone.

Or can you only once Andy Mac tells you what latest conspiracy theory to believe?
The WB reported what he thought he heard in a meeting. Maybe he misunderstood Weiss or misinterpreted what Weiss said. Both the CA & DC declined to prosecute Hunter.

So what ? The fact remains -- Hunter has still not been prosecuted for any tax violations & most of the SOL have run.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/scott-brad ... j-0ad595bd

More on the Stifled Hunter Biden Probe
A U.S. Attorney says his team was blocked from its vetting work.
By The Editorial Board, Oct. 30, 2023

House Republicans continue to unpack the Justice Department’s botched Hunter Biden probe, and evidence is mounting of interference from the top. The latest testimony comes from an Oct. 23 Judiciary Committee interview with former U.S. Attorney Scott Brady.

In January 2020, then Attorney General Bill Barr tapped Mr. Brady to vet information related to Ukrainian corruption, and to pass along credible material to offices with ongoing investigations. That included Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, who for five years has been probing Hunter’s foreign business operations, including his work for the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma. Mr. Brady says in the transcript we’ve reviewed that FBI headquarters and Mr. Weiss’s office made this very difficult.

Mr. Brady and four assistant U.S. attorneys worked to check the allegations they received against government records and open-source documents. His team lacked grand-jury authority to compel interviews or subpoena records, so it worked with the FBI to run names, bank accounts, emails and the like. Yet Mr. Brady said he came to understand that his main contact—the FBI office in Pittsburgh—couldn’t take “any steps” without “the review and the approval of FBI Headquarters, not just the leadership of FBI Pittsburgh.”

Mr. Brady describes a “reluctance on the part of the FBI to really do any tasking” related to “allegations of Ukrainian corruption broadly and then specifically anything that intersected with Hunter Biden and his role in Burisma.” He says “FBI Headquarters had to sign off on every assignment, no matter how small or routine,” and that this sometimes required “17 different people,” mostly at the headquarters level.

Local agents had to “go pens down sometimes for 2 or 3 weeks at a time before they could re-engage,” he says. He’d “never in [his DOJ] career” seen anything like it, and on a “fairly regular” basis had to go to the deputy AG’s office for help.

Mr. Brady says his office was informed by “members of the Pittsburgh FBI team” that they had been instructed by headquarters not to “affirmatively share information” with the Brady team. He says he was “surprised” to learn from public reporting in October 2020 that the FBI had possessed Hunter’s laptop since 2019, since his team had asked the FBI for anything it had on Hunter and Burisma, and the laptop would have been “helpful.” No kidding.

Mr. Brady says officials in Mr. Weiss’s office broadcast “a skepticism of the information that we were developing . . . and then weariness of that information.” Mr. Brady had to call in the deputy AG and Mr. Weiss. “At one point, the communication between our offices was so constricted that we had to provide written questions to the investigative team in Delaware” and receive “written answers back,” he says.

Mr. Brady’s interview also sets the record straight on the now infamous FBI 1023 form, in which a confidential informant claimed a Burisma executive told him of a bribery scheme involving Vice President Joe Biden and Hunter. House Judiciary ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin in June said the FBI had briefed Congress that Mr. Brady had “signed off on closing the assessment” of the 1023, “having found no evidence to corroborate” its contents.

Mr. Brady says that isn’t true. He says his team was “able to corroborate certain information that was represented by” the informant, and that there “were sufficient indicia of credibility in this 1023 to pass it on” to the Weiss team. This doesn’t mean the 1023 claims are true, but it does raise questions about what the Weiss team has done to investigate them.

The Brady transcript reinforces the claims of two Internal Revenue Service whistleblowers who say that they were also blocked from fully investigating the Hunter case. Attorney General Merrick Garland insists the Hunter case is being run by the book, but whose book?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:46 pm

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

Or can you only once Andy Mac tells you what latest conspiracy theory to believe?
The WB reported what he thought he heard in a meeting. Maybe he misunderstood Weiss or misinterpreted what Weiss said. Both the CA & DC declined to prosecute Hunter.

So what ? The fact remains -- Hunter has still not been prosecuted for any tax violations & most of the SOL have run.

House Republicans continue to unpack the Justice Department’s botched Hunter Biden probe, and evidence is mounting of interference from the top. The latest testimony comes from an Oct. 23 Judiciary Committee interview with former U.S. Attorney Scott Brady.

In January 2020, then Attorney General Bill Barr tapped Mr. Brady to vet information related to Ukrainian corruption, and to pass along credible material to offices with ongoing investigations. That included Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, who for five years has been probing Hunter’s foreign business operations, including his work for the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma. Mr. Brady says in the transcript we’ve reviewed that FBI headquarters and Mr. Weiss’s office made this very difficult.

Mr. Brady and four assistant U.S. attorneys worked to check the allegations they received against government records and open-source documents. His team lacked grand-jury authority to compel interviews or subpoena records, so it worked with the FBI to run names, bank accounts, emails and the like. Yet Mr. Brady said he came to understand that his main contact—the FBI office in Pittsburgh—couldn’t take “any steps” without “the review and the approval of FBI Headquarters, not just the leadership of FBI Pittsburgh.”

Mr. Brady describes a “reluctance on the part of the FBI to really do any tasking” related to “allegations of Ukrainian corruption broadly and then specifically anything that intersected with Hunter Biden and his role in Burisma.” He says “FBI Headquarters had to sign off on every assignment, no matter how small or routine,” and that this sometimes required “17 different people,” mostly at the headquarters level.

Local agents had to “go pens down sometimes for 2 or 3 weeks at a time before they could re-engage,” he says. He’d “never in [his DOJ] career” seen anything like it, and on a “fairly regular” basis had to go to the deputy AG’s office for help.

Mr. Brady says his office was informed by “members of the Pittsburgh FBI team” that they had been instructed by headquarters not to “affirmatively share information” with the Brady team. He says he was “surprised” to learn from public reporting in October 2020 that the FBI had possessed Hunter’s laptop since 2019, since his team had asked the FBI for anything it had on Hunter and Burisma, and the laptop would have been “helpful.” No kidding.

Mr. Brady says officials in Mr. Weiss’s office broadcast “a skepticism of the information that we were developing . . . and then weariness of that information.” Mr. Brady had to call in the deputy AG and Mr. Weiss. “At one point, the communication between our offices was so constricted that we had to provide written questions to the investigative team in Delaware” and receive “written answers back,” he says.

Mr. Brady’s interview also sets the record straight on the now infamous FBI 1023 form, in which a confidential informant claimed a Burisma executive told him of a bribery scheme involving Vice President Joe Biden and Hunter. House Judiciary ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin in June said the FBI had briefed Congress that Mr. Brady had “signed off on closing the assessment” of the 1023, “having found no evidence to corroborate” its contents.

Mr. Brady says that isn’t true. He says his team was “able to corroborate certain information that was represented by” the informant, and that there “were sufficient indicia of credibility in this 1023 to pass it on” to the Weiss team. This doesn’t mean the 1023 claims are true, but it does raise questions about what the Weiss team has done to investigate them.

The Brady transcript reinforces the claims of two Internal Revenue Service whistleblowers who say that they were also blocked from fully investigating the Hunter case. Attorney General Merrick Garland insists the Hunter case is being run by the book, but whose book?
Maybe he don't like Biden.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

Local agents had to “go pens down sometimes for 2 or 3 weeks at a time before they could re-engage,” he says. He’d “never in [his DOJ] career” seen anything like it, and on a “fairly regular” basis had to go to the deputy AG’s office for help

:lol: :lol: :lol: So we're back to Bill Barr and Christopher Wray conspiring together to protect someone who isn't President.

Neat. Are you SURE the aliens who shot JFK aren't behind all of this?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:33 pm

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

Local agents had to “go pens down sometimes for 2 or 3 weeks at a time before they could re-engage,” he says. He’d “never in [his DOJ] career” seen anything like it, and on a “fairly regular” basis had to go to the deputy AG’s office for help

:lol: :lol: :lol: So we're back to Bill Barr and Christopher Wray conspiring together to protect someone who isn't President.

What makes you think this reached Barr's level ? You've read what he had to say about the investigation @ when he left office.
Let's see what Weiss has to say. Did he ever discuss the case with Barr or Wray ?

https://nypost.com/2023/10/29/opinion/a ... i-and-doj/

Anatomy of a Biden family ‘cover-up’ executed by our own FBI and DOJ
By Miranda Devine, Oct. 29, 2023,

Closed-door testimony by former Pittsburgh US Attorney Scott Brady to the Senate Judiciary Committee last week is a chilling case study of how credible corruption allegations against President Biden and his family were covered up by the FBI and DOJ — before and after the 2020 election.

Brady’s testimony fits a pattern revealed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) last week, in which over 40 confidential human sources gave information to the FBI, over several years, about potential criminal activity involving the president, his brother James and son Hunter.

In a blistering letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Wednesday, Grassley alleged ongoing efforts “among certain Justice Department and FBI officials to improperly delay and stop full and complete investigative activity into the Biden family.”

Few people know that better than Brady.

Info ‘choke point’
On Jan. 3, 2020, Brady was tasked by then-AG Bill Barr to vet allegations about Biden corruption that had been pouring into the FBI and US Attorney’s Offices around the country, including from then-President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani.

Since it was an election year, Barr thought it prudent to treat such information skeptically, so Brady’s job was to weed out the credible from the garbage before it reached the existing Hunter Biden investigation being run by the Delaware US attorney David Weiss since 2018.

But Brady’s team kept hitting obstruction from the FBI, and from prosecutors in Delaware.

For instance, Brady testified that the FBI required 17 higher-ups to sign off on requests, “mostly at the headquarters level” where there was always a “choke point” that caused delays.

The FBI didn’t even open the assessment until March 2020, and the process had to be renewed every 30 days, via this unprecedented 17-person signoff.

FBI agents “had to go pens down sometimes for two or three weeks at a time before they could re-engage and take additional steps because they were still waiting on, again, someone within the 17-chain signoff to approve,” Brady said.

He was forced to go to the deputy attorney general’s office repeatedly to clear the logjams — at least five or six times in nine months.

FBI HQ also refused Brady’s request for a copy of their Domestic Investigations and Operations Guide, so he could pinpoint the deviations from procedure, and he was forced to scrounge a redacted copy from a public website.

In Delaware, Assistant US Attorney Lesley Wolf resisted all cooperation. Brady’s team’s requests for a briefing of what they had found were refused multiple times.

Blaming Giuliani
According to congressional testimony by IRS supervisory agent Gary Shapley, who was in charge of the Delaware probe, Wolf declared in a meeting that she would not cooperate with Brady’s office because “no information from that office could be credible [because] it all came from Rudy Giuliani,” which was untrue.

Wolf tipped off Hunter’s attorneys to a search warrant and barred investigators from following evidence that might lead to Joe, according to Shapley.

Brady had to keep phoning David Weiss — then the US attorney in Delaware and now a special counsel — to get him to intervene, but Weiss doesn’t appear to have been much help.

One time Brady called Weiss and said in “colorful language … can you please talk to your team, this is important.” But all that happened was Brady’s team was told to submit questions in writing, which was unprecedented in Brady’s experience.

The FBI also frequently was uncooperative. When The Post broke the story of Hunter’s laptop, Brady said he was “surprised” that he had never been told that the FBI had the laptop in its possession.

It took six months for Brady’s requests for searches of the FBI database to yield fruit: a mention of Hunter’s Ukraine dealings by a trusted, long-term, highly paid FBI confidential human source (CHS) in a so-called FD-1023 report buried in the files of the Washington Field Office since 2017.

Brady met resistance when he asked the FBI to reinterview the CHS in early June.

Finally, on June 30, 2020, the source was reinterviewed and delivered the bombshell allegation that he/she had been told by Mykola Zlochevsky, the owner of Ukrainian energy company Burisma, that he had paid then-VP Joe Biden and Hunter bribes of $5 million apiece to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired.

Report ‘concealed’
Brady’s team made inquiries, within the limit of their remit, to confirm that the as-yet-uncorroborated allegations were “credible,” were not Russian disinformation, and thus deserved further investigation by Weiss’ team in Delaware, which had grand jury powers.

Eventually, Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue had to order Weiss to accept Brady’s briefing on Oct. 23, 2020.

Weiss did not bother attending, but Brady’s team briefed Wolf on the FD-1023 bribery allegations and stressed that they had nothing to do with Giuliani.

Brady told Weiss directly that “the 1023 was from a credible CHS that had a history with the FBI, and that it was not derived from any of the information from Mr. Giuliani. … The FBI Baltimore Field Office should have been aware of that as well.”

But the FD-1023 was concealed from the very people who should have investigated it — the IRS and FBI criminal investigators working the Hunter probe.

“As a result of the [FD-1023] being concealed by prosecutors,” Shapley testified, “we were unable to follow alleged criminal activity as would normally be completed.”

Incredibly, when Grassley and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) forced the FBI to release the FD-1023 in July this year, ranking member Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) blatantly lied that Brady’s team had terminated its investigation into the document because it was not credible.

Brady rebutted Raskin’s claims as “not true.”

‘Infection’
Grassley’s letter to Garland shines a light on the shenanigans at FBI HQ that were running parallel to Brady’s efforts in Pittsburgh, unbeknownst to him.

Soon after June 30, 2020, when FBI leadership was briefed on the bombshell Biden bribery allegation made in the new FD-1023 by their trusted CHS, “an assessment [was] created by FBI Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Brian Auten [that was used in August 2020 by FBI HQ’s] Foreign Influence Task Force team … to improperly discredit negative Hunter Biden information as disinformation and [cause] investigative activity to cease,” wrote Grassley.

Multiple investigations into Hunter were shut down.

On Sept. 14, 2020, the Foreign Influence Task Force intervened again, when it “communicated with the handling agent for the Biden family 1023 [and] attempted to shut down that reporting by falsely saying it was subject to foreign disinformation.”

With a new House speaker enthusiastically supportive of the Biden impeachment inquiry, we can expect renewed vigor among House Republicans to expose these corrupt cover-up merchants.

As Grassley says: “Our Republic cannot survive such a political infection.”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:37 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:33 pm

Just like Garland says.

Just like Weiss says.

What makes you think this reached Barr's level ? You've read what he had to say about the investigation @ when he left office.
Let's see what Weiss has to say. Did he ever discuss the case with Barr or Wray ?

https://nypost.com/2023/10/29/opinion/a ... i-and-doj/

Anatomy of a Biden family ‘cover-up’ executed by our own FBI and DOJ
By Miranda Devine, Oct. 29, 2023,

Closed-door testimony by former Pittsburgh US Attorney Scott Brady to the Senate Judiciary Committee last week is a chilling case study of how credible corruption allegations against President Biden and his family were covered up by the FBI and DOJ — before and after the 2020 election.

Brady’s testimony fits a pattern revealed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) last week, in which over 40 confidential human sources gave information to the FBI, over several years, about potential criminal activity involving the president, his brother James and son Hunter.

In a blistering letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Wednesday, Grassley alleged ongoing efforts “among certain Justice Department and FBI officials to improperly delay and stop full and complete investigative activity into the Biden family.”

Few people know that better than Brady.

Info ‘choke point’
On Jan. 3, 2020, Brady was tasked by then-AG Bill Barr to vet allegations about Biden corruption that had been pouring into the FBI and US Attorney’s Offices around the country, including from then-President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani.

Since it was an election year, Barr thought it prudent to treat such information skeptically, so Brady’s job was to weed out the credible from the garbage before it reached the existing Hunter Biden investigation being run by the Delaware US attorney David Weiss since 2018.

But Brady’s team kept hitting obstruction from the FBI, and from prosecutors in Delaware.

For instance, Brady testified that the FBI required 17 higher-ups to sign off on requests, “mostly at the headquarters level” where there was always a “choke point” that caused delays.

The FBI didn’t even open the assessment until March 2020, and the process had to be renewed every 30 days, via this unprecedented 17-person signoff.

FBI agents “had to go pens down sometimes for two or three weeks at a time before they could re-engage and take additional steps because they were still waiting on, again, someone within the 17-chain signoff to approve,” Brady said.

He was forced to go to the deputy attorney general’s office repeatedly to clear the logjams — at least five or six times in nine months.

FBI HQ also refused Brady’s request for a copy of their Domestic Investigations and Operations Guide, so he could pinpoint the deviations from procedure, and he was forced to scrounge a redacted copy from a public website.

In Delaware, Assistant US Attorney Lesley Wolf resisted all cooperation. Brady’s team’s requests for a briefing of what they had found were refused multiple times.

Blaming Giuliani
According to congressional testimony by IRS supervisory agent Gary Shapley, who was in charge of the Delaware probe, Wolf declared in a meeting that she would not cooperate with Brady’s office because “no information from that office could be credible [because] it all came from Rudy Giuliani,” which was untrue.

Wolf tipped off Hunter’s attorneys to a search warrant and barred investigators from following evidence that might lead to Joe, according to Shapley.

Brady had to keep phoning David Weiss — then the US attorney in Delaware and now a special counsel — to get him to intervene, but Weiss doesn’t appear to have been much help.

One time Brady called Weiss and said in “colorful language … can you please talk to your team, this is important.” But all that happened was Brady’s team was told to submit questions in writing, which was unprecedented in Brady’s experience.

The FBI also frequently was uncooperative. When The Post broke the story of Hunter’s laptop, Brady said he was “surprised” that he had never been told that the FBI had the laptop in its possession.

It took six months for Brady’s requests for searches of the FBI database to yield fruit: a mention of Hunter’s Ukraine dealings by a trusted, long-term, highly paid FBI confidential human source (CHS) in a so-called FD-1023 report buried in the files of the Washington Field Office since 2017.

Brady met resistance when he asked the FBI to reinterview the CHS in early June.

Finally, on June 30, 2020, the source was reinterviewed and delivered the bombshell allegation that he/she had been told by Mykola Zlochevsky, the owner of Ukrainian energy company Burisma, that he had paid then-VP Joe Biden and Hunter bribes of $5 million apiece to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired.

Report ‘concealed’
Brady’s team made inquiries, within the limit of their remit, to confirm that the as-yet-uncorroborated allegations were “credible,” were not Russian disinformation, and thus deserved further investigation by Weiss’ team in Delaware, which had grand jury powers.

Eventually, Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue had to order Weiss to accept Brady’s briefing on Oct. 23, 2020.

Weiss did not bother attending, but Brady’s team briefed Wolf on the FD-1023 bribery allegations and stressed that they had nothing to do with Giuliani.

Brady told Weiss directly that “the 1023 was from a credible CHS that had a history with the FBI, and that it was not derived from any of the information from Mr. Giuliani. … The FBI Baltimore Field Office should have been aware of that as well.”

But the FD-1023 was concealed from the very people who should have investigated it — the IRS and FBI criminal investigators working the Hunter probe.

“As a result of the [FD-1023] being concealed by prosecutors,” Shapley testified, “we were unable to follow alleged criminal activity as would normally be completed.”

Incredibly, when Grassley and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) forced the FBI to release the FD-1023 in July this year, ranking member Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) blatantly lied that Brady’s team had terminated its investigation into the document because it was not credible.

Brady rebutted Raskin’s claims as “not true.”

‘Infection’
Grassley’s letter to Garland shines a light on the shenanigans at FBI HQ that were running parallel to Brady’s efforts in Pittsburgh, unbeknownst to him.

Soon after June 30, 2020, when FBI leadership was briefed on the bombshell Biden bribery allegation made in the new FD-1023 by their trusted CHS, “an assessment [was] created by FBI Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Brian Auten [that was used in August 2020 by FBI HQ’s] Foreign Influence Task Force team … to improperly discredit negative Hunter Biden information as disinformation and [cause] investigative activity to cease,” wrote Grassley.

Multiple investigations into Hunter were shut down.

On Sept. 14, 2020, the Foreign Influence Task Force intervened again, when it “communicated with the handling agent for the Biden family 1023 [and] attempted to shut down that reporting by falsely saying it was subject to foreign disinformation.”

With a new House speaker enthusiastically supportive of the Biden impeachment inquiry, we can expect renewed vigor among House Republicans to expose these corrupt cover-up merchants.

As Grassley says: “Our Republic cannot survive such a political infection.”
You are reduced to the New York Post….

Maybe he can share one with your boy Trump!
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:11 pm
The publication which had the most accurate reporting on this story from the start.

Here's a local PBS/NPR story for your tote bag.

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-hunt ... 0on%20time.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:37 pm What makes you think this reached Barr's level ?
Your citation is making that claim, OS. How the F is this alleged corruption happening when A. Trump is head of the Exec Branch, and B. Wray, Barr, and Weiss are all freakin' Trump appointees? and C. Biden isn't even POTUS

Do you honestly not understand how stupid this is? How the F does Joe Biden cover something up, when he's sunning himself in Delaware, and isn't the freaking POTUS? THESE ARE ALL TRUMP"S PEOPLE. What part of that don't you get?

These are idiots trying to get you to click on every half-a**sed conspiracy they can come up with......stop falling for this sh(t.

This conspiracy cannot exist without gross incompetence---or conspiracy------ on the part of Barr, Wray, and dozens of Trump's people.

You wanna pin it on them for being THAT bad at their jobs? Fine by me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hilarious. On this topic Saltines's head is so far up his butt that his nose is now his Adam's Apple. The amount of bandwidth and time he wastes here so he can get even for all the bad stuff happening to his heroes Orange Fatso and Benedict Arnold Flynn. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: He doesn't even read his own citations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:44 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:37 pm What makes you think this reached Barr's level ?
Your citation is making that claim, OS. How the F is this alleged corruption happening when A. Trump is head of the Exec Branch, and B. Wray, Barr, and Weiss are all freakin' Trump appointees? and C. Biden isn't even POTUS

Do you honestly not understand how stupid this is? How the F does Joe Biden cover something up, when he's sunning himself in Delaware, and isn't the freaking POTUS? THESE ARE ALL TRUMP"S PEOPLE. What part of that don't you get?

These are idiots trying to get you to click on every half-a**sed conspiracy they can come up with......stop falling for this sh(t.

This conspiracy cannot exist without gross incompetence---or conspiracy------ on the part of Barr, Wray, and dozens of Trump's people.

You wanna pin it on them for being THAT bad at their jobs? Fine by me.
That logic is a bridge too far for OS. I just don't see how someone with such seemingly broad experiences and background refuses to recognize this situation as you posted above.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:11 pm
The publication which had the most accurate reporting on this story from the start.

Here's a local PBS/NPR story for your tote bag.

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-hunt ... 0on%20time.
I know plenty of people that are late or haven’t paid taxes…. My teammate from HS caught a case. He has been working it down since 2015. A couple of years were discharged. It never made the paper. Another guy still owes for 2021 and 2020. IRS is generally happy with acknowledgement and a payment plan. Hunter’s case is one of the few exceptions. They don’t like Biden.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:27 amI know plenty of people that are late or haven’t paid taxes…. My teammate from HS caught a case. He has been working it down since 2015. A couple of years were discharged. It never made the paper. Another guy still owes for 2021 and 2020. IRS is generally happy with acknowledgement and a payment plan. Hunter’s case is one of the few exceptions. They don’t like Biden.
If you listen to any right wing radio, it's rife with ads for "settle your tax debt for less".

Return to “POLITICS”